• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Battle Maison Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rakurai

They also use Pokemon with the B/W 2 move tutor moves.

Though that's not quite as unfair as having HA Pokemon we probably won't get until the next game is released.

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
They also use Pokemon with the B/W 2 move tutor moves.

Though that's not quite as unfair as having HA Pokemon we probably won't get until the next game is released.

I think what was worse was letting Lysandre's Gyarados know Outrage in-game, despite it being a tutor. At least Cyrus teaching his Honckrow Heat Wave in Platinum was justified by the existence of tutors in the game. Though things like HA legendaries in the Maison is just mean, especially since they're unreleased in pretty much every case.

Au Au

A lil bit ditzy
Hey y'all.

Need help with my Battle Maison team. Basically, I've got these Pokemon via Wonder Trade, and I think they're quite good too. I still haven't checked their IVs, and they're freshly hatched from eggs, so I'm willing to EV train them using the ST. Anyway, I would really appreciate you guys helping me with them (no egg moves please, as I said, I don't really like breeding much). Comment away.

(Mega) Kangaskhan
Adamant (+ Attack, - Sp Attack)
252 Attack / 252 Speed / 4 HP
Scrappy
- Power-Up Punch (does it have a double Attack boost due to Parental Bond?)
- Sucker Punch
- Fake Out?
- Return

Goodra
Gooey
*need help with EV Spread*
*need help with good moves, especially a counter to Fairies*

*LAST POKEMON WANTED*

Planning to use:
- Skarmory
- Ferrothorn
- Chesnaught

Klay

Titan Tamer
Woah! Are you planning a team with a Mega Venusaur and a Carracosta too?! I was planning a team with Mega Venusaur, a Carracosta, and Rotom-H!

Oh, and if anyone is interested, I tried facing Nita after a 49-battle streak and I lost:

E5LG-WWWW-WWW3-XEN8

It's with my old team: Mega Mawile, Blaziken, and Noivern.

I guess it's back to the drawing board for me. I'm already breeding Tirtouga with 31 IVs in Attack and Speed but I've yet to see one with a nature that boosts Speed, since max speed is crucial in outspeeding Thundurus and Landorus. Then again, Crustle has better Speed so I'll be able to invest more in Attack, but I feel as though Carracosta has more coverage. Any tips guys? Thanks.

Yes, but even with the priority Aqua Jet, i wonder if Carracosta will be able to outspeed speedy foes after one ShellSmash if he will have to use his other move. So Im considering other member:

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability Poison Heal
Impish or Careful nature
-Sp.A, +Def/+Sp.D
Protect
Sword Dance/Taunt
Ice Fand
Earthquake

And

Espeon @ Light Clay
Ability Magic Bounce
Timid (+Speed, -Att)
Reflect
Lightscreen
Dazzling Gleam
Psyschock

For gliscor i want to invest in his Sp.D to be able to take Sp.Hit decently. Specificaly agaisnt the Legendary of the super single chatelaine.
Sword Dance is to boost the power from ice fang, who's there to have a good coverage with earthquake. Protect is there to recover with Poison Heal and stall if the foes have been leech seeded, poisoned or burned by the two other member who cover his weakness.

With Espeon, he's there to give more protection to M-Venusaur and Rotom-H, and also reflect the statut move that are not covered by the other two. Psyshock his almost only there for Chansey/Blissey, Jellicent and other Special waller.

I will try both of them with venusaur and rotom, i've already breed the Timid eevee with 31/x/31/31/31/31 IV. Only have to do the gligar and the bulbasaur with Giga Drain..
Suggestion are appreciated!

Zloik

FlyingBananas
So I'm guessing there's no way to glass cannon through the thing ey?

Rakurai

It's highly recommended that you have a few durable Pokemon on your team that can take a hit or two, otherwise, unexpected Choice Scarf/Focus Sash users will cause a lot of trouble.

Xaby

SW-3553-0104-8530
So I'm guessing there's no way to glass cannon through the thing ey?

You can glass canon up to 30 as long as they're good, have good coverage, and the mons synergize with each other. I ran up to 30 last night with my old team of Mega Charizard Y, Protoss Greninja, and Speed Boost Blaziken. They can probably reach 40 at that point, but I didn't really want to risk it.

Higher levels are where the legendaries and unavailables start appearing, with good moves and proper equipment. Just a brute force strategy at that point will meet a team that is just faster and/or stronger than is currently available. At that point, you need to be stronger and faster than what a Pokémon normally is.

rocky505

I got up to 50 with these 3 until I decided to take a break

Dragonite@ Lum Berry
Adamant
252 ATK 252 Speed 6 HP
Multiscale
-EQ
-Dragon Dance
-Fire Punch
-Outrage

Greninja@ Leftovers
Modest
252 SPATK 252 Speed 6 HP
Protean
-Surf
-Ice Beam
-U Turn
-Dark Pulse

Aggron@ Aggronite
Careful
252 SPDEF 60ATK 198 HP
Sturdy(Filter)
-Earthquake
-Stone Edge(Actually came in handy against those annoying stockpile users)
-Iron Head
-Thunder Wave(Helped out against an annoying Mandibuzz that abused Substitute, Roost)

I bumped into 2 Tornadus, I froze the first one with Greninja and OHKOed the one used by the #50 trainer with a crit with Dragonite. So I couldn't tell if any had Aeroblast or not. Aggron did surprisingly well. There were times where it was better to stay normal though(Like getting stab from Stone Edge to KO stuff easier). Cradily's were nothing but setup fodder against Dragonite. I'd go +6 using DD and sweep with ease. The Maison isn't as annoying as Subway or the Towers IMO

Rakansen

ラルフ
Does anyone know if Sturdy is really necessary for Maison teams? I'm really paranoid about OHKO users and I want to reach the 200-battle streak. Sturdy is immune to these moves, but most Pokémon with Sturdy use up valuable slots in my team. Instead of Carracosta I sort of want to get a Cloyster instead, since it can break through Focus Sash and can sweep through Nita's team once you reach 50 battles.

~Sam~

Trader and Battler
Does anyone know how the BP you get scales?

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
Does anyone know how the BP you get scales?

In the normal lines, you get 1 BP for the first 10 and 2 BP for the next battles until the end. For Super, starting with 2 BP per win, it increases every 10 battles with a maximum of 7 BP per win, which happens after beating the Maison leader at 50 battles.

~Sam~

Trader and Battler
In the normal lines, you get 1 BP for the first 10 and 2 BP for the next battles until the end. For Super, starting with 2 BP per win, it increases every 10 battles with a maximum of 7 BP per win, which happens after beating the Maison leader at 50 battles.

7 BP per battle is a VERY good rate. Too bad my team currently stinks and I can't get past 3 wins :p

magentaman

I've been doing pretty well on singles with Greninja, Togekiss and Garchomp.
Kiss has been the star for me though, between flinches bulk and recovery it's saved me on several occasions.

BlueEew

PokeProject - GO!
A streak like that deserves more of an explanation...

What type of explanation do you want? I'm guessing you want my team?

Anyways I lost on 248 due to a Cobalion having Quick Attack and finishing my Sashed Pokemon off. All I can say is the Maison does create teams to counter yours the further you get on the streak, specifically from my experience a team designed to beat your lead Pokemon. I probably should of paid more attention to be honest as when I got to my Target of 200 for the Berry I didn't really pay attention.

I have now started a new streak with the same Pokemon and I am at 150 at the moment, I ain't playing as much as I was before but I'm aiming to beat my Streak.

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
What type of explanation do you want? I'm guessing you want my team?

Anyways I lost on 248 due to a Cobalion having Quick Attack and finishing my Sashed Pokemon off. All I can say is the Maison does create teams to counter yours the further you get on the streak, specifically from my experience a team designed to beat your lead Pokemon. I probably should of paid more attention to be honest as when I got to my Target of 200 for the Berry I didn't really pay attention.

I have now started a new streak with the same Pokemon and I am at 150 at the moment, I ain't playing as much as I was before but I'm aiming to beat my Streak.

Yes I was interested in your team.

Also, did the AI ever mega evolve?

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
No Mega Evolutions have happened.

I suspected that might have been the case when I hadn't seen any going on 70 wins. If they don't have Megas by that point, I think it's safe to say they won't happen at all. Which is somewhat disappointing, but I can't say I'm too surprised.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
I suspected that might have been the case when I hadn't seen any going on 70 wins. If they don't have Megas by that point, I think it's safe to say they won't happen at all. Which is somewhat disappointing, but I can't say I'm too surprised.

The whole mechanic is just resurfacing in the region anyway.

Unless there were good people in Team Flare that copied the data Lysandre had about Mega Evolutions.

Rakurai

I don't think having trainers Mega Evolutions would be that unusual considering that so many of them are packing legendary Pokemon and what not.

I'm guessing they'll probably have them in the next game.

Status
Not open for further replies.