• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Battle Maison Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Klay

Titan Tamer
My team of Gliscor, M-Venusaur and Rotom-H is promising. I dont fear any statu move except confusion. My Gliscor is a female one and those who use attract a generaly female pkmn. They all have good bulk and hit decently. Gliscor after a sword dance hit hard with Earthquake and Ice Fang. Im still thinking if I should teach him Taunt?

Their speed is not that great, but their bulk and the little recovery they get compensate for that.
Now I just need to replace the M-Venusaur for one with Giga Drain for longevity, but my breeding today isnt going that well... Im trying to get a Calm Bulbasaur with 31/x/31/31/31/31 but I always miss at least one stat..

Rakurai

I think the two of the most blatant examples of AI cheating are when it comes to them using Yawn or Protect.

In the former case, it's not uncommon for them to predict that you'll switch out numerous times and just keep spamming Yawn until they either run out of PP or you just give up and let a Pokemon fall asleep. In the latter case, they'll pretty much never use Protect if you aren't trying to hit them something, and the reverse.

Shieldsy

I'm stuck! The furthest I've gotten is around battle 37 :/

Dragonite holding Weakness Policy
Adamant nature with Multiscales
31 IVs in HP, Attack, Defence, Special Defence, Speed
EVs 252Atk/252Spd/4... Cant remember?
Dragon Dance
Earthquake
Fly
Thunder Punch

Aegislash holding Shell Bell
Brave Nature with Stance Change
31 IVs in... I can't remember but definitely Attack, Defence, Special Defence and 0 IV's in Speed
EVs 252Atk/128Def/128SpDef
Iron Head
King's Shield
Shadow Claw
Swords Dance

Alakazam holding Alakazite
Modest Nature with Synchronise
31 IVs in Special Attack and Speed
EVs 252SpAtk/252Spd
Shadow Ball
Dazzling Gleam
Energy Ball
Psychic

Any advice would be good thanks :)

you miss a focus sash pkm... i never faced the various "battle maison" without it... too many variables with quick clawers, bad hits, etc........ i'm currently at battle 80+ using aegislash (with lum berry, in order to avoid status problems), Garchomp with anti-ice berry, and gengar with focus sash and destiny bond, and i have had only a couple of difficult situations...

CircuitAngel

I'm stuck! The furthest I've gotten is around battle 37 :/

Dragonite holding Persim Berry
Adamant nature with Multiscales
31 IVs in HP, Attack, Defence, Special Defence, Speed
EVs 252Atk/252Spd/4... Cant remember?
Dragon Dance
Earthquake
Outrage
Fire Punch

Aegislash holding Leftovers
Brave Nature with Stance Change
31 IVs in... I can't remember but definitely Attack, Defence, Special Defence and 0 IV's in Speed
EVs 252Atk/128Def/128SpDef
Iron Head (I prefer Sacred Sword for dealing with buffed tanks, but this is a dealer's choice situation)
King's Shield
Shadow Sneak
Swords Dance

Alakazam holding Alakazite
Modest Nature with Synchronise
31 IVs in Special Attack and Speed
EVs 252SpAtk/252Spd
Shadow Ball
Dazzling Gleam
Energy Ball
Psychic

Any advice would be good thanks :)

All my opinion...

I don't think you need a Focus Sash'd member as fabserebii said personally, as nothing you have really benefits from it, and Multiscale Dragonite is as good (or better) than a Focus Sash 90% of the time, so he can take your big hits/Quick Claw hax.

Just a point on Shadow Sneak; you had no priority on your team, and no sash breaking (weather/hazards), I think it is important that you have a way to deal with a Sash'd/Sturdy opponent; especially one that has their own Priority, has buffed to outspeed M-Alakazam, or if Zam is down. Given fabserebii's team, for example, his Gengar alone would cause major issues for your team with your current setup, and that is not a corner case scenario.

Last edited:

MechaBulba

King of the Monsters
Did the standard Rotation battles the other day for the first time. Forgot how fun and tactical Rotation battles can be since I only ever got to do like one in pokemon White since may game was Triple Battle focused.
Also discovered how weak my current team is to Ground, almost got sweeped by a Shell Smashing, Earthquake using Marcargo, A MARCARGO!

Shame you can't battle over wi-fi with friends in the Multi-battles. Anyways next for me is to beat the standard Singles and buy myself Steel Wing.

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
@Shieldsy

Dragonite doesn't need Fly. Ever. Give it Dragon Claw instead, and Fire Punch or Waterfall in the last slot.

For Aegislash, give him Sacred Sword and Shadow Sneak, the two moves have perfect coverage together, and as someone mentioned, SS ignores Defense stat boosts (and I've faced a lot of Pokémon with Curse.)

Alakazam should really have a Timid nature, and find out if it has a useful Hidden Power.

CircuitAngel

Alakazam should really have a Timid nature, and find out if it has a useful Hidden Power.
If his Speed IV is perfect, he can probably get away with Modest, M-Zam is pretty crazy fast. Since BM doesn't have enemy Mega Evos, the only thing that would beat it would be Max Speed Deoxys, Crobat, Jolteon, Accelgor, Ninjask and Electrode. Definitely some concerns if Agility, Speed Boost, Shell Smash or Baton Passing gets involved, but the extra SpA may solve that issue before it becomes one. Scarf'd mons could be an issue, but I would have to look more at what threats break that barrier while still being an issue for the entire team.

Ghost-Type

The Super Battles are very challenging. Got surprising loss after just 8 rounds of Super Double....Got paralyzed, leech seeded, and confused by the enemy team...kept being paralyzed and hitting myself in my confusion. >.> I find that a lot of "cheating" goes on at the AI's end. It's like all the odds are against you...

Very entertaining though. v.v

Hammerheart

Son of Wōden
Made it to battle 19 of the Super Double yesterday.

I'm surprised I got that far, as my team was Charizard (Y), Kangaskhan, Gardevoir and Heracross. But obviously I could only mega one per battle, so I had to just gamble and mega evolve the one I thought would benefit most. I really ought to EV train some none megas...

As surprising as it was it was annoying to come so close to that 20th battle.

Hoppian

Dedicated Writer
I have been using this team and I can´t pass 30 streak:
Blaziken@blazikenite
Nature:Adamant
Abillity Speed Boost
252 atk/252 spd/4 hp
-Hone Claws
-Blaze Kick
-Hi jump Kick
-Double kick (for break sturdy and sashes)

Togekiss@Life orb
Abillity: Serene Grace
Nature: Timid
Can´t remenber exactly the EVs...
-Nasty Plot
-Air slash
-Dazzling gleam
-Roost

Aegislash@leftovers
Abillity: Stance change
Nature: adamant
252 atk/252 HP/ 4 spd
-King´s shield
-Swords Dance
-Shadow sneak
-Sacred sword

I´m also building this team:

Dragonite@Damp Rock
Nature: modest
Abillity: Multiscale
252 HP/252 sp.atk/4 spd
-Rain Dance
-Thunder
-Hurricane
-Roost

Greninja@life orb
Abillity: protean
252 sp.atk/252 spd/4hp
-Hydro Pump
-Ice beam
-Dark pulse
-U-turn/spikes (I´m not yet sure which one to pick)

Khangaskan@khangaskanite (revenge killer and swepper)
Abillity:Scrappy
Nature:Jolly
252 atk/ 252 spd/4Hp
-Fake out
-Return(I wanted to use Body Slam over return, but i must wait ´till December to do it)
-Crunch
-Power up Punch

What do you think guys? I still didn´t used the second team because I still breeding Khangaskan and leveling Dragonite to learn Hurricane, but I´m a little more confident about the second one. Any tips of what could I do or trade in both teams?
Thanks in advance.
Obs: All my pokémon are flawess, if it helps...

Last edited:

Rakansen

ラルフ

Dragonite@Damp Rock
252 HP/252 sp.atk/4 spd
-Rain Dance
-Thunder
-Hurricane
-Roost

Greninja@life orb
252 sp.atk/252 spd/4hp
-Hydro Pump
-Ice beam
-Dark pulse

252 atk/ 252 spd/4Hp
-Fake out
-Return(I wanted to use Body Slam over return, but i must wait ´till December to do it)
-Crunch
-Power up Punch

What do you think guys? I still didn´t used the second team because I still breeding Khangaskan and leveling Dragonite to learn Hurricane, but I´m a little more confident about the second one. Any tips of what could I do or trade in both teams?
Thanks in advance.

Looks pretty good, your Dragonite set looks really interesting. I'm not the best when it comes to competitive battling though, so I can't fully predict how your team will play out.

Anyways, guys, I'm thinking of scrapping my entire team in the past, and instead of Rotom-H I'll use a Weavile with this set:
Weavile @ Focus Sash
Ability: Pressure
Jolly Nature (+Spe,-SpA)
Ice Punch
Fake Out
Power-Up Punch
Night Slash

It's going to be my lead, but it seems a little too fragile. I wanted to go for a Swagger + Foul Play combo, but I don't want to wait for December, haha.

Klay

Titan Tamer
Blaziken@blazikenite
Abillity Speed Boost
252 atk/252 spd/4 hp
-Hone Claws
-Blaze Kick
-Hi jump Kick

Togekiss@Life orb
-Nasty Plot
-Air slash
-Dazzling gleam
-Roost

Aegislash@leftovers
252 atk/252 HP/ 4 spd
-King´s shield
-Swords Dance
-Shadow sneak
-Sacred sword

Dragonite@Damp Rock
252 HP/252 sp.atk/4 spd
-Rain Dance
-Thunder
-Hurricane
-Roost

Greninja@life orb
252 sp.atk/252 spd/4hp
-Hydro Pump
-Ice beam
-Dark pulse

252 atk/ 252 spd/4Hp
-Fake out
-Crunch
-Power up Punch

Thanks in advance.

Nice team, did you consider Sucker Punch over Crunch? priority are always good if possible and more if you fight against a Trick Room Team. I think there's a Slowbro who use trick room. Just a idea tho

CircuitAngel

Looks pretty good, your Dragonite set looks really interesting. I'm not the best when it comes to competitive battling though, so I can't fully predict how your team will play out.

Anyways, guys, I'm thinking of scrapping my entire team in the past, and instead of Rotom-H I'll use a Weavile with this set:
Weavile @ Focus Sash
Ability: Pressure
Jolly Nature (+Spe,-SpA)
Ice Punch
Fake Out
Power-Up Punch
Night Slash

It's going to be my lead, but it seems a little too fragile. I wanted to go for a Swagger + Foul Play combo, but I don't want to wait for December, haha.
I would really think about getting Ice Shard on there. Weavile is fast, but the Quick Claws are plenty.

Hoppian

Dedicated Writer
Blaziken@blazikenite
Abillity Speed Boost
252 atk/252 spd/4 hp
-Hone Claws
-Blaze Kick
-Hi jump Kick

Togekiss@Life orb
-Nasty Plot
-Air slash
-Dazzling gleam
-Roost

Aegislash@leftovers
252 atk/252 HP/ 4 spd
-King´s shield
-Swords Dance
-Shadow sneak
-Sacred sword

Dragonite@Damp Rock
252 HP/252 sp.atk/4 spd
-Rain Dance
-Thunder
-Hurricane
-Roost

Greninja@life orb
252 sp.atk/252 spd/4hp
-Hydro Pump
-Ice beam
-Dark pulse

252 atk/ 252 spd/4Hp
-Fake out
-Crunch
-Power up Punch

Thanks in advance.

Well, I´m thinking of trading Crunch for Sucker Punch, but I have other ideia for the third slot of the second team, thinking in rain and priority together:
Azumarill@Choice band
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Huge Power
252 atk/84 spd and the rest at HP
-Aqua Jet
-Play Rough
-Waterfall
-Superpower
I think Azumarill will do quite well in the place of Kanghaskhan, and my team won´t get problems having two water types because Greninja ins´t necessary a water type, thinking of the protean ability. it´s strange to think in a team without megas, but I can´t think of any mega that really takes advantage of rain, a thing Azumarill do deadly.

coolerdynastic

I couldnt figure why my new team is worse than the old team when it comes to 2 on 2 (could not reach the 10th streak lol)
New Team
Mega Charizard Y
Solarbeam, Heat Wave, Dragon Pulse, Air Slash
Timid- 252 Sp atk, 252 speed and 4 hp

Leafeon- Chlorophyll holding rocky helmet
Leaf Blade, Synthesis, Helping Hand, X-Scizor (to pair up with the drought using charizard)
Adamant- 252 Atk,252 speed and 4hp

Garchomp- Life Orb
Earthquake, Outrage, Crunch, Iron Head
Jolly- 252Atk,252speed

Umbreon- Leftover
Toxic, Confuse Ray, Moonlight, Protect
Bold- 252HP, 252def, 4sp def

Old Team: (win doubles at the 40th streak, I must be dam lucky or something)
Garchomp -Garchompite
Jolly- 252Atk,252speed

Salamence- moxie with Choice Scarf as suggested by someone. Not bad in my opinion (or just depends who switched in)
Zen Heabutt, Dragon Claw, Crunch, Brick Break
Adamant- 252 atk and 252 speed

Alakazam- Focus sash
Magic Guard
Energy Ball, Psychic, Shadow Ball and Dazzling Gleam
Modest with 252 SP atk and 252 speed

Togekiss- Shell Bell
Thunder Wave, Air slash, Aura Sphere and Dazzling Gleam
Timid- 252 HP and 252 atk (man prob the wrong nature?I believe i should change it to a modest)

Can any 3rd party make some comparisons?I just dun get why my new team get demolished so badly

I couldnt figure why my new team is worse than the old team when it comes to 2 on 2 (could not reach the 10th streak lol)
New Team
Mega Charizard Y
Solarbeam, Heat Wave, Dragon Pulse, Air Slash
Timid- 252 Sp atk, 252 speed and 4 hp

Leafeon- Chlorophyll holding rocky helmet
Leaf Blade, Synthesis, Helping Hand, X-Scizor (to pair up with the drought using charizard)
Adamant- 252 Atk,252 speed and 4hp

Garchomp- Life Orb
Jolly- 252Atk,252speed

Umbreon- Leftover
Toxic, Confuse Ray, Moonlight, Protect
Bold- 252HP, 252def, 4sp def

Old Team: (win doubles at the 40th streak, I must be dam lucky or something)
Garchomp -Garchompite
Jolly- 252Atk,252speed

Salamence- moxie with Choice Scarf as suggested by someone. Not bad in my opinion (or just depends who switched in)
Zen Heabutt, Dragon Claw, Crunch, Brick Break
Adamant- 252 atk and 252 speed

Alakazam- Focus sash
Magic Guard
Energy Ball, Psychic, Shadow Ball and Dazzling Gleam
Modest with 252 SP atk and 252 speed

Togekiss- Shell Bell
Thunder Wave, Air slash, Aura Sphere and Dazzling Gleam
Timid- 252 HP and 252 atk (man prob the wrong nature?I believe i should change it to a modest)

Can any 3rd party make some comparisons?I just dun get why my new team get demolished so badly

I used a weather team as well for Super Doubles but I used Rain as I think Sun is limited, but that's just me. Maybe you could use another mon that takes advantage of the Sun along side of Leafeon, Victreebel is something that hits hard on both sides and with access to Growth to boost its power
My Rain team was Politoad (Damp Rock), Ludiocolo (Absorb Bulb), Gastrodon (Rindo Berry), and Scizor (Mega Scizor), I used Surf all the way through basically

Status
Not open for further replies.