• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Battle Maison Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Discuss the Battle Maison here.

How are you battling through it? Having trouble fighting a certain trainer? Discuss and share tips and strategies with each other.

All posts should be constructive and contain ideas, support/elaborate their ideas, and must contribute to the discussions and/or on-going arguments. One-liner posts such as "I agree.", "I want [this] to be in the game!", "This sucks!" will all be considered spam and will be deleted.

What is the Battle Maison?
The Battle Maison is Kalos region's battle facility and is located at the heart of Kiloude City. This is XY's equivalent of the Battle Tower and Unova's Battle Subway.

For more info about the Battle Maison, go here.

Taodragon

Training Anaylst
Perfect, I've been meaning to ask for some advice.

I'm currently on a 40 win streak on Super Doubles and I'm curious if I should start adjusting my team. I have Greninja, Blaziken, Hydreigon and Scizor. Blaziken and Hydreigon serve as the leads and are made to break walls while also covering each others weaknesses overall, Greninja and Scizor serve as late game cleaners and wrap it up after the two have blown down walls for them. Anyway, I'm starting to only barely scrape by nowadays, so I'm wondering if I should switch a couple out or play around with different items. Any suggestions?

Bathrezz

When completing my 20streaks for singles and doubles, the hardest parts I found was actually making it to 20. Mantines were personally my most hated poke because I had no electric type moves to knock it out. I often lost at streak 17,18,19. My favourite aspect is being able to interrupt the challenge at 20, move around items on pokes and continue the challenge with a different combination of pokemon. Personally, i think its kind of cheating. Being able to use mega pokemon also really helps.
This is my video completing singles 20 streak boss http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3Nofyrk1o0

Rakansen

ラルフ
Oh my goodness, thank you. I've been wanting this thread to happen so long, in fact I was thinking of posting one until this popped up! :D

This is the current team I'm building on for Super Singles:

Carracosta @ Shell Bell
Ability: Sturdy
Hasty Nature (+Spe, -Def)
252 Attack / 252 Speed / 4 HP
Shell Smash
Rock Slide
Aqua Jet
Waterfall

Venusaur @ Venusaurite
Ability: Overgrow -> Thick Fat
Bold (+Def, -Atk)
252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Leech Seed
Giga Drain
Toxic
Protect

Heat Rotom @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
Modest (+SpA, -Atk)
252 Spe / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Trick
Volt Switch
Overheat
Shadow Ball

The Battle Maison, as many people say, can be really hectic due to the AI. Many of the opponents carry Quick Claw, and many low accuracy moves such as Blizzard and Thunder can not only hit, but it can also land a critical hit AND a status condition easily. If that wasn't bad enough, the upper levels are crawling with Quick Claw + OHKO Move, hence the reason why I chose a Carracosta with Sturdy as a sweeper. The reason why Carracosta carries Rock Slide instead of Stone Edge is to be on the safe side in terms of accuracy due to the unpredictable nature of the Battle Maison, and Carracosta also carries a Shell Bell to set up more Shell Smashes if its HP is full. Venusaur is mainly there to stall my opponents and check Carracosta's main weaknesses: Electric and Grass.

I'm looking forward to hearing tips and strategies from you guys, so far I've noticed that the best teams consist of only one sweeper, since having more than one can make your team very fragile.

Blood Red Absol

AquaMilotic's Waifu
I am still on Super singles, I am having so much trouble, the best I have managed is a 42 win streak.
My team is a Mega Blaziken, Life Orb Greninja and Leftovers Aegislash.
Blaziken is obviously a sweeper lead, Aegislah is like a really awesome defensive sweeper that has been more then useful.
I guess the only one I am willing to change over would be Greninja, she seems to get killed the most, though because of the boss I want to have something that can take out flying types easy, I was thinking weavile however then I wouldn't have any special attackers... any suggestions?

This is so hard xD

Here is better look at the Super Singles team

Blaziken @ Blazikenite
Speed Boost
Adamant
4HP / 252Atk / 252Spd
-Protect
-High Jump Kick
-Flare Blitz
-Brave Bird

Greninja @ Life orb
Protean
Modest
4HP / 252S.atk / 252Spd
-Surf
-Dark Pulse
-Ice Beam
-Grass Knot

Aegislash @ Leftovers
Stance Change
Brave
252HP / 252Atk / 4S.def
-Sword Dance
-King's Shield
-Iron Head
-Shadow Claw

Last edited:

Xaby

SW-3553-0104-8530
My rule is hit first, hit hard, and hit whatever he might throw at you.

My team of Mega Charizard Y, Protean Greninja w/ Life Orb, and Blaziken w/Leftovers got to Super Singles 50s at around 3rd try if I'm not mistaken. And even then I wasn't being serious at it, just looking for points for the Power Items.

Rakansen

ラルフ
Being able to use mega pokemon also really helps.
This is my video completing singles 20 streak boss http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3Nofyrk1o0

Woah, nice video, you got really lucky by waking up from Hypnosis early. So far I haven't changed my team but I'm on the verge of doing so, when I wasn't in Super Single Battles I used a Mega Mawile, a Blaziken, and a Noivern but the opponents in Super Single get progressively worse. I'm really happy about the interruption system though, it seemed overpowered at first but it makes it easier for me to experiment with Pokémon on higher levels.

I find the Battle Maison more difficult then the Battle Tower facilities of the past for one reason, and one reason only: Hidden Abilities.

In the Battle Subway, PWT, and Battle Facility in BW1 and 2, I never had to worry if Sharpedo had Speed boost or not. But in the Battle Maison I faced one right away and had it not been for my quick thinking, it would have swept my team. I also remember facing a Torrent Greninja one match, followed by a Protean one the following match.

On the plus side, I do like that your A.I partners in Multi battles are good pokemon with good movesets and natures, flawless iv's, and good ev spreads. I also enjoy the fact that you earn BP after every win, not just a streak of 7 like in the past.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
My Maison team right now are these fellows here:

Heliolisk
Trait: Modest
Ability: Dry Skin
EVs: 252 Sp Attack/ 252 Speed/ 6 HP
Thunderbolt
Focus Blast
Grass Knot
Dark Pulse/Surf

Noivern
Trait: Timid
Ability: Frisk
EVs: 252 Sp Attack/ 252 Speed/ 6 HP
Super Fang
Air Slash
Flamethrower
Dragon Pulse

Medicham@ Medichamite (that's how you spell it?)
Trait: Jolly
Ability: Pure Power
EVs: 252 Attack/ 252 Speed/ 6 HP
Psycho Cut
High Jump Kick
Fire Punch
Ice Punch

I'll most likely get a Choice Scarf or an Expert Belt for my Heliolisk, a Life Orb or Leftovers for Noivern and replace Medicham with Blaziken once I obtain enough BP and hatch a high IV'd Torchic.

Xaby

SW-3553-0104-8530
It escalates. 2, then 3, then 4, and so on. At around 40ish right before the main missus battles, it pops around 6 per fight. Not a bad deal at all.

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
It escalates. 2, then 3, then 4, and so on. At around 40ish right before the main missus battles, it pops around 6 per fight. Not a bad deal at all.

Maximum is 7 per battle, which comes right after that. I made it a streak of 84, and it never went above 7 BP. Still an amazing amount of BP per win. Bring a Truant Durant along and you've got easy BP grinding. Pretty soon I'm thinking of trying for 100 wins to get the Lansat Berry, but I still need a better team trained up.

alejandrawr

Maximum is 7 per battle, which comes right after that. I made it a streak of 84, and it never went above 7 BP. Still an amazing amount of BP per win. Bring a Truant Durant along and you've got easy BP grinding. Pretty soon I'm thinking of trying for 100 wins to get the Lansat Berry, but I still need a better team trained up.

Thanks for the info, definitely MUCH better and faster than BP gaining in any of the previous games' battle facilities.

Xaby

SW-3553-0104-8530
Thanks for the info, definitely MUCH better and faster than BP gaining in any of the previous games' battle facilities.

Personally, I still like the PWC better. It's definitely not as fast as the mayo, but it's got a different air and feel to it.

SkyDeity

White Kyurem FTW

So, it caps at 7...that's very handy info indeed. My highest streak so far has only been 40 so I wondering what the maximum BP output was. Not bad, not bad

iTarTar

I beat Super Singles on my first try and currently have a streak of 51. I used:

Charizard - Timid @ Charizardite Y
252 Special Attack / 252 Speed
Flamethrower - Solarbeam - Air Slash - Focus Blast

Standard lead; hit fast, hit harder. I had Fire Blast on originally, but I couldn't stand the misses so I swapped it for Flamethrower. I wish I could use something other than Focus Blast, but Hydreigon would murder me without it. Carried me through most matches.

Rotom - Calm @ Leftovers
252 HP / 56 Special Defense / 196 Special Attack
Hydro Pump - Volt Switch - Thunder Wave - Hex

A spongey wall (Kinda), he mostly ran around Thunder Waving things and Hexing Gengars when they weren't Hypnosis haxing me.

Garchomp - Adamant @ Choice Scarf
252 Attack / 252 Speed
Dragon Claw - Outrage - Iron Head - Earthquake

My physical attacker that hit like a nuke at the beginning. I was running a Band on this guy instead of the Scarf, but I almost lost my streak at 44 because of a Scarfed Mr. Mime and I immediately swapped to a Scarf. It might not be as strong, but it outspeeds everything. I have Dragon Claw on in case I have to swap him in on the first turn so I don't locked on a Fairy.

For the Chatelaine I swapped my Charizard for my Marvel Scale Dragonite with Aqua Tail and Dragon Dance. Fastest win I'd had in a while.

If I could give any advice to people preparing for or struggling with the Super Singles; hit hard and fast! Have a Special and a Physical Sweeper with a mixed wall that can hit well (Rotom-W) to help out.

Now I am going to prepare - eventually - for the Super Doubles. I'm thinking a Prankster Meowstic paired with a Malamar along with Dragonite and Mega Ampharos or Rhyperior for back up.

Attachments

• 006-my.png
    006-my.png
    13.4 KB · Views: 1,316

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
Yay, my dream thread came true.

Made it to the Battle Charletaine Nita today, and it wasn't as hard as a few of the battles I've had along the way.

Rotom-H vs. Landorus

Focus Blast does 50%, WoW missed.
Switch to Aegislash because it has a Choice Scarf, then SD on the switch.

Aegislash vs. Thundurus

KS against the Crunch, Defiant cancelled out the Attack drop.
Rotate between and KS, until I'm at +4 and used SS for about 80%, close to KO, finished with SS.

Aegislash vs. Landorus

SS for 80%, KOd by Earth Power

Rotom-H vs. Landorus

Burn with WoW, immune to EP, it dies to Burn damage on the next turn.

Rotom-H vs. Tornadus

TW while it used Double Team, then just spammed TB until it hit, which took about 6 turns. Thankfully it got parahaxed for most of the battle, and I didn't even have to use (Mega) Gyarados.

Got my Trophy, and now have a whopping 482 BP! Maybe I'll buy all the TMs, or stock up on Choice Items, who knows. Now I have to plan another member for the Doubles line, only time will tell who it is.

Here's the full team if you're wondering.

Rotom-H @ Calm
Rocky Helmet ATM @ Levitate
31 / x / 31 / 31 / 31 / 31
252 HP / 252 Sp. Def / 6 Sp. Attack
- Thunderbolt
- Overheat
- Thunderwave
- Will-O-Wisp

Gyarados @ Jolly
Gyaradosite @ Intimidate
31 / 31 / 31 / x / 31 / 31
252 Attack / 252 Speed / 6 HP
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Dragon Dance

Aegislash @ Brave
Leftovers @ Stance Change
31 / 31 / 31 / x / 31 / 0
252 HP / 252 Attack / 6 Sp. Def
- Shadow Sneak
- Sacred Sword
- King's Shield (this move is so broken)
- Swords Dance

Any thoughts on a fourth? I was thinking Gooey Goodra, as a bulky special attacker to lead with Rotom-H, or maybe a Garchomp instead, so they can spam Discharge and Earthquake together.

Couple of things I've noticed:
- There are Dream World abilities (the Charletaine on my run had them, not sure if they always do)
- Their Pokemon will switch if your Pokemon is immune to their moves, and if they use Perish Song
- They put some thought into some movesets, one off the top of my head is an Encore Slaking that gave me trouble when I tried to SD on its Truant turns.
- After about the 40th win, trainers start using Legendaries, a couple of Veterans I saw had Terrakion / Cobalion / Heatran and Suicune / Heatran / Latios.

I gotta say, King's Shield Aegislash is sooooooo broken, that move is amazing when fighting Pokemon that carry Night Slash / Crunch / Shadow Claw.

From personal experience, I find using bulky teams that set up easier to use in Singles, but Doubles I've found more offensive power from the start is needed, because obv there are two pokemon instead of one.

Taodragon

Training Anaylst
I... I did it, I beat the Super Double battle! Granted, she wasn't nearly as hard as I expected, but still I'm happy to finally have that under my belt.

One thing I'll say is that I definitely made the right call putting Greninja first as it took out Latios and Suicune before being felled by Entei, that allowed me to bring in MegaBlaziken and wreck the other two without worrying that either would crush him.

Last edited:

Bathrezz

Bring a Truant Durant along and you've got easy BP grindin.
How is using a pokemon that does not attack every second turn any good?

Status
Not open for further replies.