• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Battle Maison Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Narkster

Collecter
Not entirely sure if this is the correct thread for this, but does it matter whether you fight in the super singles/doubles/whatever or the normal singles/doubles/whatever to upgrade your trainer card?

Shieldsy

Thanks guys to all who've replied - nearly there now... Hopefully...

Dragonite holding Weakness Policy
Adamant nature with Multiscales
31 IVs in HP, Attack, Defence, Special Defence, Speed
EVs 252Atk/252Spd/4... Cant remember?
Dragon Dance
Earthquake
Dragon Claw
Fire Punch

Scizor holding ??
Adamant nature with Technician
Bullet Punch
Fury Cutter
Brick Break
Aerial Ace

Question: is it worth having technician and lower power moves such as bullet punch and fury cutter, or is it better to just go with swarm ability and use higher power STAB moves? Thoughts?

I was considering having Lucario as a third, maybe a mega evolution? if so I'd probably get Scizor to hold an occa berry (if I can find one) Any other ideas? Thoughts? Should I mega Scizor instead? Also: lucario is a pain to breed -.- any alternatives would be welcomed!

Thanks for being patient :3

Last edited:

fireice

technician is superior

I mean with technician he gets priority move in Bullet Punch boosted to 60 BP and when you pair that with 120 base attack stat that is going to hurt a lot.

Pursuit could be an option also for the psychic and ghost users and give them a 60 bp (120 bp if they withdraw)

on the abilities
Swarm only activates when When HP is below 1/3rd and only bug moves are powered up which leaves Bullet Punch weak

Technician activates on any move that is 60 BP or lower

fireice

Thanks guys to all who've replied - nearly there now... Hopefully...

Dragonite holding Weakness Policy
Adamant nature with Multiscales
31 IVs in HP, Attack, Defence, Special Defence, Speed
EVs 252Atk/252Spd/4... Cant remember?
Dragon Dance
Earthquake
Dragon Claw
Fire Punch

Scizor holding ??
Adamant nature with Technician
Bullet Punch
Fury Cutter
Brick Break
Aerial Ace

Question: is it worth having technician and lower power moves such as bullet punch and fury cutter, or is it better to just go with swarm ability and use higher power STAB moves? Thoughts?

I was considering having Lucario as a third, maybe a mega evolution? if so I'd probably get Scizor to hold an occa berry (if I can find one) Any other ideas? Thoughts? Should I mega Scizor instead? Also: lucario is a pain to breed -.- any alternatives would be welcomed!

Thanks for being patient :3

for the item I would suggest Life Orb

chap196

So I've been planning a team for the Battle Maison, since my current team isn't winning consistently.

(Mega) Absol with Absolite
Adamant nature(I don't have a ditto with Jolly)
Sucker Punch
X-Scissor
Play Rough
Psycho Cut

Gooey Goodra with Expert Belt
Modest nature
Dragon Pulse
Sludge Bomb
Ice Beam
Thunderbolt

Technician Scizor with Life Orb
Adamant nature
Bullet Punch
X-Scissor
Brick Break
Swords Dance

Any thoughts on how I could improve this theoretical team?

For Goodra
I would use Assult Vest instead of Expert Belt to give it a lot of Special Defense to survive more Ice Beam.

For Absol
You could use Sword Dance instead of X-Scissor as X-Scissor didn't cover much and if you successfully get one Sword Dance, it could be dangerous.

Hope this help

coolerdynastic

Seriously I got pissed off at my 43th streak in Super Double Battle
Here is a summary of my team
Charizard Y- Dragon Pulse, Heat Wave, Solarbeam, Air Slash
Leafeon with chlorophyl- Helping hand, dig,leag blade and synthesis
Alakazam- Dazzling Gleam, Energy ball, shadow ball and psychic
Salamance- Dragon Claw,Zen Headbutt, Crunch and Brick Break

Here what it happens, which seriously pissed me off like mad !!!
I sent out Charizard Y and Leafeon out for battle vs Latias and Tornadus
I used Helping hand to boost Charizard Y's Dragon pulse to hope to OHKO Latias, but it missed (unfortunately)
Tornadus' Hurricane wiped my Leafeon away
Alakazam switch in and used Dazzling Gleam but missed on latias again
eventually it died and Salamance is sent out too and dragon claw missed on Latias
What I felt stupid was that despite the accuracy of 70 by Hurricane, it hit all of the time whereas the attacks that I used to attempt to OHKO latias all missed 3 times despite 100 accuracy.Thanks to that I lost badly

Last edited:

VanityEgo

The haxxing in that house is vicious. It's incredibly frustrating.

Klay

Titan Tamer
I was able to get to the 45th trainer, but again the AI kept getting those crit-hit...
M-Venusaur was able to take a Latios-LusterPurge+Calm Mind crit hit...
If it wasnt that demm

My team now was
Barbaracle, M-Venusaur and Gliscor

Focus Blast was able to hit my Barbaracle, but lives with focus sash. I beat that regice with brickbreak
Now againt raikou my Razor Shell miss(why he doesnt have Waterfall gosh,) and he's beated by this raikou.
I sent my Gliscor,activate poisonheal, boost with sword dance, but the raikou got the berry that reduce the Groung type move and do
Shadow Ball, get a crit-hit and drop my Sp.D
He then swith to latios, i recover some hp behind protect. Do Ice fang...it miss. I do another ice fang but he only lost like 45% hpNow he do that Calm Mind+dragon pulse and beat my gliscor.

Gosh ive made a mock battle againt his team: Regice, Raikou, Latios and swept his team... Seriously the hax is ridiculus...anyway gonna try again.

Last edited:

Rakansen

ラルフ
Super Singles Team Update:

Cloyster @ Focus Sash
Ability: Skill Link
Adamant Nature (+Atk,-SpA)
252 Attack / 252 Speed / 4 HP
Shell Smash
Icicle Spear
Rock Blast
Waterfall

Venusaur @ Venusaurite
Ability: Overgrow -> Thick Fat
Bold (+Def, -Atk)
252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Leech Seed
Giga Drain
Toxic
Protect

and my final member is, to complete a FWG core and my gimmicky team of using only Pokémon from Gen I...

Flareon @ Life Orb
Ability: Flash Fire
Careful (+SpD, -SpA)
252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Atk
Curse
Flare Blitz
Wish
Protect

I don't know if this is a good set for Flareon, should I just run Rest + Sleep Talk instead of Wish + Protect to get rid of status conditions? I've always loved using Rest + Sleep Talk, but it can be very unpredictable since you don't know when your Pokémon will wake up or what kind of move it will use for Sleep Talk. I'm also thinking of using a Guts set, but I want more of a bulky Flareon set since Cloyster is already my main sweeper.

alejandrawr

Lost my streak at #38 in the most frustrating way imaginable >_> 76JW-WWWW-WWW3-9SZB. Needless to say, I'll have to reconsider my Mega-Kang's moveset... For the Battle Maison anyway.

Klay

Titan Tamer
Finally I made it!! Peace Chatelaine Nita! That was my team to get to the 49th trainer:

Barbaracle @ Focus Sash
Ability: Tough Claws
Adamant (+Att, -Def) 252Att, 252Speed and 4Hp
IV 31/31/31/x/x/31
Shell Smash
Brick Break
Rock Slide
Rasor Shell

Venusaur @ Venusaurite
Ability: Chlorophyll -> Thick Fat (a real gift for Venusaur)
Calm (+S.Def, -Att) 244 Hp
31/x/31/31/31/31
Leech Seed
Toxic
Sludge Bomb
Giga Drain

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
Careful(+S.Def, -S.Att) 244 Hp
31/31/31/x/31/31
Protect
Ice Fang
Sword Dance
Earthquake

Almost lost against the 46-47th trainer,it went like this:
He start with Latias and me Barbaracle.
He do a Thunder but miss, i went straight for ShellSmash and got those boost.
I do RockSlide and miss....he do a Thunder hit me but I survive with the Sash. Next turn, Barba was able to do like 80-85% of damage before falling.
I sent my Gliscor, he hit me with a Dragon type move( Dragon pulse/Meteor) but dont do a lot of damage, so i was able to beat him with Ice Fang.
The trainer then sent Regice... My Gliscor had no chance, a unboosted EQuake was able to do something like 15-20% of damage and Gliscor fell from the ice beam...
I was only left with Venusaur, i Mega evolved it, and missed my leech seed. But Thick Fat made me able to whistand all the IceBeam (even the crit-hit)
Finally, i was finaly able to drop those Leech Seed and recover all of my Hp with Giga Drain. And lucky me the last pkmn was Terrakion (look so badass).
His StoneEdge wasnt enough to finish my precious M-Saur and fell from one Giga Drain.

Before the Chatelaine Nita I interupted and changed Barbaracle for:

Rotom-Fan @ Leftover
Ability: Leviate
Bold(+Def,-Att)
31/x/31/31/31/31
248 Hp
Shock Wave
Will-o-wisp
Volt Switch
Air Slash

The fight went like this:
She started with Tornadus and me Gliscor.
I protect to activate Poison Heal, and after that, I've tried a Sword Dance.
But one Hurricane from him was able to leave me with 45% of Hp, and I was thinking that I needed my Gliscor for later, so I switched out for Rotom-F.
He took hurricane very well and without getting confused( the hax wasnt against me now). I've launched many Shock Wave to break his Subs until he fell. She then went with Thundurus. I tried to burn him but failed. And his crunch was quite painful...
So ive switcehd to Venusaur even if I knew the risk, I went Mega. She used Sky Drop, but I knew that my M-Saur would still stand, and I dropped those Leech Seed on him. Now was the time to stall time. Since Sky drop dont work against Flying type, ive sent Rotom and use WillOWisp and burned him! Next turn i sent MSaur to take the other hit, and recover some Hp trought LS. Next turn, knowing that he would do a Sky Drop I've sent Rotom. I went like this for like 4-6 turn until he fell. My Rotom had all his Hp back.
Now agaisnt the Scarfed Landorus, i WOWed him and he was lock in extrasensory, that my rotom could take very well. And by miracle a AirSlash was a Crit hit! Landorus fell after another Air Slash and that was it!

But sadly the waitress doesnt ask for save this battle in the VsRecorder.
I will probably re-tri it with another Team.

She doesn't ask to save the battle, but you can save any battle you one, on the option of Continue, Interrupt and Save
But nice job on beating her!

Klay

Titan Tamer
She doesn't ask to save the battle, but you can save any battle you one, on the option of Continue, Interrupt and Save
But nice job on beating her!

Ohhhhh i thought that the Save option was like to Save and close the game.....epic fail! should have tried it at least once -_-"
Haha and thanks!

Bliu

Professional Lurker
Had a 73 win streak before I lost due to stubbornness and not paying attention to abilities. I might have been able to keep going if I hadn't started playing in the middle of the night since I couldn't sleep...

UFSW-WWWW-WWW3-ANBZ

It was a double battle team:

Talonflame - Adamant - Gale Wings - Choice Band
252 HP/252 At/4 Sp
Brave Bird
Flare Blitz
Flail
Acrobatics

I don't even know why I have Flail or Acrobatics on there. 90% of the time you'll just spam priority Brave Bird on everything, and if it'll deal heavy damage to anything that isn't a rock or steel type (even electric types, since they have poor defense) and you'll be able to finish it with the partner Pokemon, and it can K.O. anything weak to flying or neutral and has poor defense outright. Since you'll have both high base speed and priority most of the time, speed EVs were instead placed in HP to boost survivability. Just keep it away from rocks.

Honestly, a priority BP 120 attack just isn't fair.

Absol - Adamant - Super Luck - Razor Claw
4 HP/252 At/252 Sp
Night Slash
Psycho Cut
Megahorn
Sucker Punch

Maybe I haven't looked hard enough, but I haven't seen anybody abusing the changes made to the crit rate this generation. Super Luck+Crit Item+Crit Move=100% critical rate, and a Megahorn or Sucker Punch with a 50% critical rate is downright scary. Absol can survive a hit from Hydreigon and one shot it with Megahorn, finish off threatening attackers that Talonflame weakened with Sucker Punch, deals heavy damage to fighting types with a critical psychic attack, and laughs in the face of Curse Steelix with guaranteed crit neutral STAB attacks. Most of the time Absol can survive one hit as long as it isn't weak to it, which always surprises me.

Azumarill - Adamant - Huge Power - Life Orb
4 HP/252 At/252 Sp
Aqua Jet
Play Rough
Super Power
Belly Drum

There isn't much to say here. Azumarill is the premier dragon slayer on the team, and plays an important part in beating steel types with Superpower. Belly Drum was used more often before I could afford the life orb, so it may be worth trying to replace that with something else.

Scizor - Adamant - Technician - Scizorite
4 HP/252 At/252 Sp
Bullet Punch
X-Scissor
Aerial Ace
Roost

Yes, every single member of the team is an adamant priority user. It was kind of a theme I had going when I was designing the team. Anyway, the set is pretty obvious, using technician boosted bullet punches for heavy priority damage, and X-Scissor and Aerial Ace against slower enemies when they were most useful. Aerial Ace has the added bonus of ignoring brightpowder and double team hax. Roost is situational, but there is the odd occasion it is useful.

Considering it's a team I didn't put too much thought into (my thought process amounted to 'what are the most powerful priority moves I can cram into one team?') I don't think it did too badly, especially considering it lost due to repeated misplays against legendaries, instead of hax. I guess you could replace megahorn with play rough for better coverage and accuracy, among other things, I'm fairly happy with it. Major weaknesses would be steel types (only Azumarill has a super effective attack, since Talonflame is usually locked into brave bird, and they wall M-Scizor completely) and the lack of defenses on the leads.

chap196

Had a 73 win streak before I lost due to stubbornness and not paying attention to abilities. I might have been able to keep going if I hadn't started playing in the middle of the night since I couldn't sleep...

UFSW-WWWW-WWW3-ANBZ

It was a double battle team:

Talonflame - Adamant - Gale Wings - Choice Band
252 HP/252 At/4 Sp
Brave Bird
Flare Blitz
Steel Wing
U-Turn

I don't think you will use Acrobatics, so I would suggest adding U-Turn instead in case you ran into a Tyranitar. Use Steel Wing over Flail for a bit of coverages and to deal with Rock Type Pokemon, it would be rarely useful, but it can at least be helpful in some battle. And yes Talonflame is OP lol (make me comeback in Wifi Battle).

I don't even know why I have Flail or Acrobatics on there. 90% of the time you'll just spam priority Brave Bird on everything, and if it'll deal heavy damage to anything that isn't a rock or steel type (even electric types, since they have poor defense) and you'll be able to finish it with the partner Pokemon, and it can K.O. anything weak to flying or neutral and has poor defense outright. Since you'll have both high base speed and priority most of the time, speed EVs were instead placed in HP to boost survivability. Just keep it away from rocks.

Honestly, a priority BP 120 attack just isn't fair.

Absol - Adamant - Super Luck - Razor Claw
4 HP/252 At/252 Sp
Night Slash
Psycho Cut
Megahorn
Sucker Punch

Maybe I haven't looked hard enough, but I haven't seen anybody abusing the changes made to the crit rate this generation. Super Luck+Crit Item+Crit Move=100% critical rate, and a Megahorn or Sucker Punch with a 50% critical rate is downright scary. Absol can survive a hit from Hydreigon and one shot it with Megahorn, finish off threatening attackers that Talonflame weakened with Sucker Punch, deals heavy damage to fighting types with a critical psychic attack, and laughs in the face of Curse Steelix with guaranteed crit neutral STAB attacks. Most of the time Absol can survive one hit as long as it isn't weak to it, which always surprises me.

Azumarill - Adamant - Huge Power - Sitrus Berry
4 HP/252 At/252 Sp
Aqua Jet
Play Rough
Super Power
Belly Drum

The moveset is good, but I would recommend Sitrus Berry for item, since it will increase survival chance after a Belly Drum.

There isn't much to say here. Azumarill is the premier dragon slayer on the team, and plays an important part in beating steel types with Superpower. Belly Drum was used more often before I could afford the life orb, so it may be worth trying to replace that with something else.

Scizor - Adamant - Technician - Scizorite
4 HP/252 At/252 Sp
Bullet Punch
X-Scissor
Aerial Ace/ Brick Break/Rock Smash/Superpower
Roost/ Sword Dance

You can replace Roost with Sword Dance if you want to increase the chance to OHKO opponent with Bullet Punch. If you think Steel Type will wall Scizor completely, then use Fighting Type move to deal with it.

Yes, every single member of the team is an adamant priority user. It was kind of a theme I had going when I was designing the team. Anyway, the set is pretty obvious, using technician boosted bullet punches for heavy priority damage, and X-Scissor and Aerial Ace against slower enemies when they were most useful. Aerial Ace has the added bonus of ignoring brightpowder and double team hax. Roost is situational, but there is the odd occasion it is useful.

Considering it's a team I didn't put too much thought into (my thought process amounted to 'what are the most powerful priority moves I can cram into one team?') I don't think it did too badly, especially considering it lost due to repeated misplays against legendaries, instead of hax. I guess you could replace megahorn with play rough for better coverage and accuracy, among other things, I'm fairly happy with it. Major weaknesses would be steel types (only Azumarill has a super effective attack, since Talonflame is usually locked into brave bird, and they wall M-Scizor completely) and the lack of defenses on the leads.

Changes are in Bold

Hope this help

naudna

Made it past battle 30 for the first time after swopping gliscor for garchomp. Having a speedy pokemon that can hit hard made a huge difference. Prior to the swop, I had built my team with bulky pokemon. After the swop, I made it all the way to battle 50 before losing to the boss. In hindsight, I should have used garchomp to hit tornadus hard before it can double team and substitute. Ironically, from the mock battle on the Vs recorder, I also needed to switch gliscor back in, as it was quite effective against thundurus and landorus.

Axel.

I'm building a team for it. I got a Japanese modest Gastly on Wonder trade with max ivs on HP, SpA, SpD and Spe. I'm going to ev train it and give it a Gengarite. That's the only one I have at the moment. I have so many Ev trained pokes to send to X using the transporter... Oh well, I need suggestions for other two. help

PR0F3550R_B055

P0K3M0N PR0F3550R
It's pretty simple even on the higher stages if you're using a competitive, IV bred, properly EV trained team, even if it takes long. I honestly think 1 BP per fight is insane. I'm gonna need hundreds and hundreds of BP to buy the items I need, so I'll have to hundreds and hundreds of battles? I really think you should gain BP for fighting other trainers (over Wi-fi, local, etc), maybe 1 BP if you lose and 2 if you win? Or 2 and 3 for competitions?

Ace Trainer Riana

This the team that I got 31 consecutive wins with. I could have got more if I switched correctly
Ninjask
Speed Boost 252 Attack, 252 speed
Focus Sash
Baton Pass
Protect
Swords Dance
X-Scissor

Goodra
Hydration 252 Special each
Assault Vest
Thunderbolt
Ice Beam
Sludge Wave
Draco Meteor

Mawile
Hyper Cutter (need Ability Capsule for Intimidate)
252 Attack 240 Defense 12 Speed
Mawillite
Brick Break
Iron Head
Play Rough
Sucker Punch

I lost by switching Mawile against Noivern instead of Goodra

I also have my team for 50 set
Goodra
Same

Weavile
Pressure 252 Attack 252 Speed
Ice Shard
Aerial Ace
Night Slash
Icicle Crash

Cryogonal
Levitate 252 Speed 252 Special Defense
Choice Specs
Frost Breath (It's stronger than Ice Beam/Blizzard)
Freeze Dry
Light Screen
Reflect

Darkerones

SlowpokeHunter
GetAttachment.aspx

107 was my latest win streak in Super Singles as shown in the above image.

Anyway, here was my team:

Garchomp@Choice Band
252 Atk 252 Spd 4 HP
Jolly
Sand Veil

Outrage
Earthquake
Poison Jab
Stone Edge

CB Garchomp put in some serious work for me, definitely the MVP. If I ever go back and do an Entrainment run this guy's gonna be my backup.
I just kind of clicked on a STAB move and watched things die, the other moves are pretty much just filler.

Togekiss@Leftovers
252 HP 92 SAtk 164 Spd
Timid
Serene Grace

Nasty Plot
Air Slash
Fire Blast
Roost

Not as immediately devastating as Garchomp, but great for all of the annoying as hell Leech Seed shenanigans that run rampant in the Maison, slower opponents also get completely demolished by flinch hax or +2 Fire Blasts, and even faster opponents often fail to 2HKO without a STAB SE move, so I just attack, Roost, rinse and repeat. Immunity to Ground and Dragon gave it tons of switch in opportunity, a true team player.

Aegislash@Spooky Plate
252 HP 156 Atk 98 SAtk 4 SDef
Brave
Stance Change

Shadow Ball
Shadow Sneak
King's Shield
Sacred Sword

The perfect counter to all of the Double Team + Toxic ****ery (Cresselia is a *****). And again, immunities give it awesome switch in opportunity, and Shadow Ball + Sneak is awesome for the Lati twins and Focus Sash users that get the jump on Garchomp, as well as being my only switch in to Ice Beam (its everywhere).

Feeling pretty proud of myself, I remember sucking pretty hard at the Battle Towers and Battle Subway.

EDIT: And in case you guys were curious, I lost to a DD Moxie Gyarados. No hax, no BS. Just a straight up, honorable loss. -man tear-

Status
Not open for further replies.