• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Battle Maison Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

KatoZee

Which is easier to do? triple, multi, double in terms of getting bp quicker?

~Sam~

Trader and Battler

Lunafreya Nox Fleuret

Don't look here.
I need a good team for super multi battle. Does anyone have any suggestions? I feel my assault vest Goodra is great but only gets so far. I tried out Talonflame for suicide knock outs. It works for a bit of time.... Mine has gale wings and 31 in attack so after swords dance Brave bird is deadly.

razor fire

I need some help with teambuilding. Currently my team consists of

Gengar @ Gengarite
Modest
x/x/x/31/x/31 @ 4 EV HP, 252 Sp. Atk, 252 Speed.

Shadow Ball
Thunderbolt
Sludge Bomb
Psychic

Mega Gengar is absolutely terrifying, and is able to outspeed and obliterate most pokemon. I don't think I need any changes here. I probably should breed for some better IVs overall though, such as HP, Defense and Sp. Defense.

Salamence @ Yache Berry
Adamant
x/31/31/x/31/31, 4 EV HP, 252 Attack, 252 Speed

Aerial Ace
Dragon Claw
Earthquake
Dragon Dance

This one does it's job pretty good. The Yache Berry provides great resistance to Ice-type moves, but should probably be switched out to something else. The berry has saved me from losing in some occasions though.

Tyranitar @ Rocky Helmet
Adamant
x/x/x/x/x/x (I have no idea what the IVs on this one are, but I'll probably change the tyranitar with something else, or breed for better IVs), 4 EV HP. 252 Attack, 252 Speed.

Crunch
Earthquake
Stone Edge
Thunder Fang

I don't know the IVs of this one, but tyranitar's defenses are relatively high, and thus withstands most attacks. The Rocky Helmet is kind of a counter-attack to the physical attackers out there, and has some times led to victories. Should probably be changed to something else though.

Any ideas? :)

Currently this team is something I scrapped together quickly to get through all the main battle types. In super singles the highest streak I've managed to do is 20.

I'm thinking of adding Zapdos to my team, as it turned out that the one I caught was Modest nature and had 31 IVs in Defense, Sp. Attack and Sp. Defense. In case I'm going for Zapdos, which Pokemon should I replace? And what kind of moveset do you suggest for it?

Much thanks in advance! :D

CircuitAngel

Sadly whole party lost to an Archeops at my 47th streak and I notice my Alakazam does not have perfect IV in Speed and get outsped and flinched by a rockslide TT

Did he use anything besides Rock Slide? He could have been Scarfed, which is the only chance TTar really has at outspeeding Alakazam; the only other two possibilities are some boost on his side (like Tailwind/Trick Room) ora Quick Claw. Even a Jolly 31 IV Speed TTar is outsped by an Alakazam with a Speed reducing nature and a 0 Speed IV

ogramak

I need some help with teambuilding. Currently my team consists of

Much thanks in advance! :D

Hey dude, I have spare from breeding....4IV Larvitars with Stealth Rocks and 4IV Gastlys. I can give them to you if you want :)

In Game Name: Ale

FC: 5215-0543-0603

Pamizard

Queen of Charizards!
I have unlocked so far super single double and multi. I am a fan of rotation battle so i'll probably unlock that next. I do not like triple battles much but i'll probably do that last. I just need to have the perfect team for that

naudna

I just had a bizarre battle. Met the annoyer slowbro, hence I sent in jolteon to paralyse it. Unluckily for me, it managed to move for 4 consecutive times without the paralysis effect kicking in. At that point, I'm only left with blastoise, whose moves only did little damage due to amnesia. Thought I was going to lose, when dragon pulse did a crit and drained at least half of slowbro's hp. I'm surprised a critical hit did that much, as dragon pulse only did 1/8 damage to slowbro at best prior.

coolerdynastic

I just had a bizarre battle. Met the annoyer slowbro, hence I sent in jolteon to paralyse it. Unluckily for me, it managed to move for 4 consecutive times without the paralysis effect kicking in. At that point, I'm only left with blastoise, whose moves only did little damage due to amnesia. Thought I was going to lose, when dragon pulse did a crit and drained at least half of slowbro's hp. I'm surprised a critical hit did that much, as dragon pulse only did 1/8 damage to slowbro at best prior.

As the battle goes, the odds are against you and somehow you will get more unlucky
my lost wasnt due to the type that was against me
a Lapras sent out froze my Kangaskhan and knocked him out eventually
Alakazam sent out and I KO-ed Lapras and Starmie is sent out
Starmie used a signal beam and confused me. Confusion hits and I cant touch that Starmie
I use Aegislash and set up a swords dance. Surf isnt able to hit me a lot but I got wiped thanks to a Focus Sash activated when I attempted to use Shadow Sneak on Starmie. Now in blade Forme, I am left vulnerable
There goes my streak lol

naudna

That's what makes battle maison so fun in the later stages. Lots of tricky pokemon and unexpected strategy. My latest problem: Destiny bonding ghosts on psychics and hex maniacs. Once met two in a single team.

coolerdynastic

That's what makes battle maison so fun in the later stages. Lots of tricky pokemon and unexpected strategy. My latest problem: Destiny bonding ghosts on psychics and hex maniacs. Once met two in a single team.

Then my goal to fight the Battle Leaders will be down the drain. I was hoping to get a Starf or a Lansat berry TT

Milennin

*hugs Absol*
Just beat the Leader on the 50th battle in Super Singles. Had been trying a few times before, but I always lost in the 20's. Then I replaced my Mega Absol with my Choice Scarf Gardevoir and made it to the 50 in one go. Though, for the 50th battle I didn't even need to use my Gardevoir at all, lol. Here's the video for anyone who's interested: 5JHW - WWWW - WWW3 - FHUE. I was sure I was going to lose it since I mispredicted Landorus' moveset. I expected it to go for a physical set, which wasted my Reflect, and my Pokémon didn't have enough speed to start setting up against it (due to its Choice Scarf). Luckily my Volcarona had just enough bulk to survive and wall Landorus' hits until it lost its PP and started Struggling. From there on it was a one-sided sweep.

Anyway, this team worked really well for me. There were a few times I ended up in a tight situation, but in most of the battles I had full control.

Meowstic♀ @ Light Clay
Modest, Infiltrator
HP: 6 | SPA: 252 | SPE: 252
-Light Screen
-Reflect
-Thunderbolt
-Psychic

Gardevoir @ Choice Scarf
Modest, Synchonize
-Thunderbolt
-Psychic
-Moonblast
-Focus Blast

Volcarona @ Leftovers
Timid, Flame Body
HP: 240 | DEF: 252 | SPE: 16
-Roost
-Quiver Dance
-Fiery Dance
-Bug Buzz

Thinking of attempting the Double Battles now, but with a different team.

Last edited:

Tenilius

I have unlocked so far super single double and multi. I am a fan of rotation battle so i'll probably unlock that next. I do not like triple battles much but i'll probably do that last. I just need to have the perfect team for that

You hardly need perfect teams to unlock the Super challenges.
Unlocked mine with an in game team.

Klay

Titan Tamer
Just beat the Leader on the 50th battle in Super Singles. Had been trying a few times before, but I always lost in the 20's. Then I replaced my Mega Absol with my Choice Scarf Gardevoir and made it to the 50 in one go. Though, for the 50th battle I didn't even need to use my Gardevoir at all, lol. Here's the video for anyone who's interested: 5JHW - WWWW - WWW3 - FHUE. I was sure I was going to lose it since I mispredicted Landorus' moveset. I expected it to go for a physical set, which wasted my Reflect, and my Pokémon didn't have enough speed to start setting up against it (due to its Choice Scarf). Luckily my Volcarona had just enough bulk to survive and wall Landorus' hits until it lost its PP and started Struggling. From there on it was a one-sided sweep.

Anyway, this team worked really well for me. There were a few times I ended up in a tight situation, but in most of the battles I had full control.

Meowstic♀ @ Light Clay
Modest, Infiltrator
-Light Screen
-Reflect
-Thunderbolt
-Psychic

Gardevoir @ Choice Scarf
Modest, Synchonize
-Thunderbolt
-Psychic
-Moonblast
-Focus Blast

Volcarona @ Leftovers
Timid, Flame Body
HP: 240 | DEF: 252 | SPE: 16
-Roost
-Quiver Dance
-Fiery Dance
-Bug Buzz

Thinking of attempting the Double Battles now, but with a different team.

Nice job on completing the Super Single! I was wondering if you had ever met a Blissey? Or other special wall?

SkyDeity

White Kyurem FTW

Ahh, well, that's because crits ignore any defense modifiers which really makes them shine.

Milennin

*hugs Absol*
Nice job on completing the Super Single! I was wondering if you had ever met a Blissey? Or other special wall?

Yeah, though I can't remember seeing a Blissey. Volcarona did most of the work. A few Quiver Dances behind a protective screen and she wipes the floor with most opponents. If she doesn't make it, do a few more Quiver Dances until she does.

Klay

Titan Tamer
Yeah, though I can't remember seeing a Blissey. Volcarona did most of the work. A few Quiver Dances behind a protective screen and she wipes the floor with most opponents. If she doesn't make it, do a few more Quiver Dances until she does.

Alright, I always forgot how much a treat Volcarona can become after a few Quiver Dance!

XXD17

Draco rex
As the battle goes, the odds are against you and somehow you will get more unlucky
my lost wasnt due to the type that was against me
a Lapras sent out froze my Kangaskhan and knocked him out eventually
Alakazam sent out and I KO-ed Lapras and Starmie is sent out
Starmie used a signal beam and confused me. Confusion hits and I cant touch that Starmie
I use Aegislash and set up a swords dance. Surf isnt able to hit me a lot but I got wiped thanks to a Focus Sash activated when I attempted to use Shadow Sneak on Starmie. Now in blade Forme, I am left vulnerable
There goes my streak lol

That's not nearly as bad when I got 3-0'd by a rhyperior that had quick claw activate every turn...my team was togekiss, dragalge and weavile...

Status
Not open for further replies.