• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Battle Maison Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Requiem Aeternam

Dance like an eggplant!
Get rid of Zapdos and use a Goodra instead. Goodra does most of the work on my team with mega Kangaskhan to finish the job if Goodra goes down.

Goodra
Nature: Modest/Timid (mine is using modest)
Ability: Gooey
Item: Assault Vest
252SpA/252Spe/4HP
Dragon Pulse
Ice Beam
Sludge Bomb/Sludge Wave
Thunderbolt

Assault Vest Goodra takes on special attackers like a champ. Even super effective moves have a hard time bringing down Goodra. You have to be wary of physical attackers because of its lackluster defense. Gooey helps a lot by making it easier to revenge kill as long as your next pokemon has a decent speed. Dragon pulse is obviously the STAB move. Great for taking out other dragons and anything that only takes neutral damage from your other moves. Ice beam and thunderbolt are for coverage while Sludge Bomb/Sludge Wave is mainly for fairies. I thought about replacing ice beam or thunderbolt with flamethrower but so far I have been happy with this set up.

This sounds like a great set, I think I'll give it a try. Luckily a good friend of mine traded me one of her spare Gooey Goomy with 31/X/31/31/31/31. Just need to breed for a Modest one cause the one she gave me is Gentle.

My final team will probably be:

Meowstic (Male)
Nature: Timid
Ability: Prankster
Item: Light Clay
IVs: 252 HP, 252 Spd, 6 Sp.Atk (I want Max HP so I'm almost guaranteed to get up both screens and potentially Safeguard as well)
- Light Screen
- Reflect
- Safeguard
- Psychic

Lucario
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Adaptability
Item: Lucarionite
IVs: 252 Atk, 252 Spd, 6 HP
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Close Combat
- Earthquake

And the Goodra set Covert Cactus recommended. Sounds like a pretty solid team to me.

Thanks for all the advice everyone :)

Milennin

*hugs Absol*
Back from a break from the Maison. Made some small changes to my Super Rotation team, and it's doing a lot better already. Made it to 40 without too much resistence, but lost to the AI getting lucky with criticals in a match I could and should have easily won otherwise. Hoping to make it to the 50 next try.

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
So, this took up at least 20 minutes of my day: 24MW-WWWW-WWW3-PGTS.

Good thing I had two Steel types to render Cresselia useless, but I can't tell you how awful Double Team/Protect/Toxic/Moonlight + Leftovers is unless you see how long this took.

And yes, as you can tell, I'm doing Rotation Battles here. I got the temptation to try it out even though Super Double, Triple and Multi still await me. With two days worth of breeding and EV training, I beat Morgan in Super Rotation. 7SZG-WWWW-WWW3-PGU2

My team in more detail is as follows.

Klefki @ Light Clay
Ability: Prankster
Nature: Careful
EV's: 252 HP / 6 Def / 252 SpD
-Reflect
-Light Screen
-Thunder Wave
-Foul Play

Obviously a Dual Screener, and Klefki's Prankster and typing make him perfect for this. Crits aside, this guy isn't getting OHKO'ed at all, so getting both screens and even a T-Wave wasn't a problem if I needed it. Foul Play does huge damage on high Attack Pokemon as well, and it came in handy for a few battles too.

Kangaskhan @ Kangaskhanite
Ability: Scrappy --> Parental Bond
Nature: Jolly
EV's: 6 HP / 252 Att / 252 Spe
-Return
-Crunch
-Earthquake
-Power-Up Punch

The main sweeper. After a screen or two, depending on my opponents, I'd usually swap straight to Power-Up Punch (not Mega evolving if fighting Ghosts), and Return usually did the rest. Status messed me up at times, but it wasn't enough to stop Kangaskhan from denting the opponents so someone else could clean up. If this isn't OP, I don't know what is.

Togekiss @ Leftovers
Ability: Super Luck
Nature: Modest
EV's: 252 HP / 206 SpA / 52 Spe
-Dazzling Gleam
-Aura Sphere
-Air Slash
-Roost

I went with bulky Togekiss here because having two set-up sweepers seemed like a bad idea. This also allowed Togekiss to act as a ridiculous tank, though Kangaskhan did a lot of the sweeping. Super Luck is there because the Togepi I found in the FS had it, and it had near flawless IV's all around, so I went with it. It's a more useful ability than Serene Grace, since that would only affect Air Slash, which not only went largely unused, but Togekiss isn't outspeeding things with this spread anyway. I almost considered Scope Lens for 50% crits, but Leftovers recovery is vital.

Aegislash @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Stance Change
Nature: Brave
EV's: 6 HP / 252 Att / 252 SpA
-Shadow Sneak
-Sacred Sword
-Shadow Ball
-Iron Head

Would you believe if I said my worst IV bred Pokemon is the reason I got to Morgan? Well, it's true. My MM'ed Shiny Aegislash was mostly filler because I was too lazy to wait for Latios next week, who would have complemented my weaknesses better. But thanks to Weakness Policy activating against a -2 Manectric's Overheat, I was able to avoid a loss with Shadow Sneak spam. Then, my battle video at the beginning of the post (I don't expect anyone to sit through the whole thing) is another reason I didn't lose right before fighting Morgan. The set is a standard Mixed Wallbreaker, and he did his job well.

Only Klefki and Kangaskhan are 5 IV Pokemon, with Togekiss having near perfect IV's all around (plus perfect HP, SpA and SpD thanks to FS), and shiny Aegislash only having perfect Att and SpD with near perfect Speed (y u do this RNG?!). Regardless, I think I'll move to Doubles next, after I try some more Rotation to see how far I go.

Milennin

*hugs Absol*
Lol, I don't know how, but this is the 3rd time I lose Super Rotation on streak between 35-40. Not even to a counter to my team, not even to something that should normally be able to take out my team. It's like the AI goes LOLNOPE and pulls off a critical hit at the right moment, on the right move, against the right Pokémon to screw me over. ****ing ***holes.=/

I hate Rotation battles, but there's no way I'm giving up on it now. If the AI thought they could protect their precious 50 streak from getting pwned they're wrong (LOL). I'll make sure they're gonna get pwned, and it won't be pretty (lol again).

Last edited:

Horn of Valmar

The Power of Justice
I'm considering making a trickroom team for Rotation battles, this is something I had in mind

Mawile
Ability: Intimidate -> huge power
Item: Mawilite
EVs: Max hp and attack, and 4 extra points into special defense
- Substitute
- Play Rough
- Crunch
- Swords dance/Stone Edge

Mawile is here to do most of the dirty work. After trick room is up it outspeeds most Pokémon, and very few can survive a hit from this little monster. Mawile is always in the lead spot because of intimidate, which is very good in rotations because they never switch out.

Reuniclus
Nature: Quiet
Ability: Magic guard
Item: Toxic orb
EVs: Max hp and special attack, and 4 extra points in defense
- Trick Room
- Psychic
- Energy ball
- Trick

One of the trickroom setters and abusers. Went with toxic orb so it gives me an immunity to status, and tricking a toxic orb and receiving something better is always nice. Energy ball is because I have some trouble with water/ground types

Dusknoir
Ability: Pressure
Item: Leftovers
EVs: Max hp and attack, and 4 extra in special defense
- Fire punch
- Earthquake
- Will-O-Wisp
- Trick Room

Second trickroom setter/abuser. Moves are basicly to get around nasty steel types with otherwise might be a lot of trouble, and WoW for dealing with pyshical mons

I'm not really sure about the 4rd member yet, I was thinking about conkeldurr but thought my team might be a bit too physical then, any suggestions?

Milennin

*hugs Absol*
Gah, finally won the Super Rotations. Man, that took longer than it should have, but what matters is the result. :D The battle against the Chatelaine was really easy, didn't even need to use my Absol and Gardevoir in it. Video for anyone who's interested: CTXW - WWWW - WWW3 - QU2B

Meowstic @ Light Clay
Modest, Prankster
HP: 6 | SPA: 252 | SPE: 252
-Light Screen
-Reflect
-Thunderbolt
-Psychic
Went for the male Meowstic with Prankster after all. It works very well as opener with Dual Screens. Can deal decent damage, too, if it has to.

Volcarona @ Leftovers
Timid, Flame Body
HP: 242 | DEF: 252 | SPE: 16
-Roost
-Quiver Dance
-Fiery Dance
-Bug Buzz
Volcarona is still the star of my team, doing most of the work. Using 1-3 Quiver Dance, then proceeding to sweep the opposition.

Absol @ Absolite
Adamant, Super Luck
HP: 6 | ATK: 252 | SPE: 252
-Swords Dance
-Night Slash
-Sucker Punch
-Play Rough
Went for a more aggressive Absol this time around. She can usually survive a hit or two under protection of dual screens. Usually try to make Absol enter the battle when I think it's going to survive a possible hit... Swords Dance + Mega Evolve. If it's still alive after that, your opponent might as well forfeit, because Absol is going to wreck their face.

Gardevoir @ Lum Berry
Timid, Synchronize
HP: 6 | SPA: 252 | SPE: 252
-Will-O-Wisp
-Thunderbolt
-Psychic
-Moonblast
As always, Gardevoir's my trusty back-up unit in case **** goes bad. Experimented with Will-O-Wisp to cripple physicals or stallers, but ended up using it not that much.

Now all that's left is the Super Multis. Gonna have to think what I'll be using for that.

TehSpiral

Terminally Chill
This team has served me well:

Greninja @ Life Orb
Timid, Protean
-Surf
-Dark Pulse
-Ice Beam
-Grass Knot

Kangaskhan @ Kangaskhanite
Adamant, Scrappy --> Parental Bond
-Fake Out
-Power-Up Punch
-Return
-Sucker Punch/Crunch/Earthquake

Dragonite @ Leftovers
Adamant, Multiscale
-Dragon Dance
-Dragon Claw/Outrage
-Fire Punch
-Earthquake

petalferrous

It has...hair?
Made it to battle 35 in Super Singles with this team:

Gengar @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
Timid
31/x/31/31/31/31
4 HP/252 SpA/252 Spe
Shadow Ball
Sludge Bomb
Thunderbolt
Dazzling Gleam

Blaziken @ Blazikenite
Ability: Speed Boost
Adamant
31/31/31/x/31/31
4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe
Hone Claws
Flare Blitz
High Jump Kick
Protect

Rotom-W @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
Modest
31/x/31/31/31/31
232 HP/56 SpA/220 Spe
Hydro Pump
Discharge
Will-o-Wisp
Hex

I don't pretend that this is a good team by any means. Lots of close calls, second time around I got screwed by a Focus Sash Alakazam on battle 19 :/ Dazzling Gleam on Gengar because I didn't want to use Focus Blast, Hone Claws on Blaziken to make sure HJK doesn't miss, and Protect to scout and get free Speed boosts, and Hex on Rotom because my Hidden Power is Dark and I don't know what else to give it.

To be honest, Blaziken usually ends up being the least useful team member... It's really hard to find a chance for him to set up, and even then there are still plenty of things he can't kill at +1.

e: I gave Gengar Gengarite and replaced Blaziken with this:

Dragonite @ Life Orb
Ability: Multiscale
Jolly
31/31/31/x/31/31
6 HP/252 ATK/252 Spe
Dragon Dance
Roost
Dragon Claw
Earthquake

We only made it to 26 that time, and I realized pretty early on that Life Orb goes completely against the point of Multiscale, so I swapped it for Lefties, gave Rotom an Assault Vest, and got rid of its Hex and WoW for Shadow Ball and Volt Switch... We'll see how that goes, not particularly confident though. I'm thinking of replacing Dragonite with a set-up sweeper whose STAB doesn't face any immunities, and maybe replacing Gengar with a Scizor.

dark1raven3

Pokemon breeder
So I made it to round 29 with my team I posted on an earlier page and I lost because a rhyperior had avalanche and I wasn't expected it since its a 4th gen move.

So I started with Espeon and he almost took down the first pokemon which I forgot what it was lol so I send out garchomp.
Garchomp kills it and out comes rhyperior so I earthquake it and get it down to half hp then it uses avalanche and down goes garchomp.
I send out my shiny aegislash and he easily kills off the rhyperior.
Out comes mandibuzz and I think it confused me then set up 2 nasty plots and then one shot me with dark pulse so I lost.

Think I'm gonna rethink my team I have plenty of options to choose from but it's hard to think which ones will work well with each other. I've iv bred and ev trained almost 2 boxes of things. Might try using something bulky like my ferrothorn or gliscor or my togekiss. I'm not sure if I figure out my team I might post here again if it does well.

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while
My Super Doubles team

Noivern @ King's Rock
31/x/x/31/x/31
Timid
Infiltrator
4HP/252SpA/252Spe
Draco Meteor
Air Slash
Focus Blast
Flamethrower

Malamar @ Lax Incense
x/31/31/x/31/x
200HP/252Atk/56Def
Careful
Contrary
Superpower
Night Slash
Psycho Cut
Topsy Turvy

Tyranitar @ Leftovers
31/x/31/x/x/31
252Atk/252Def/4Spe
Impish
Sand Stream
Earthquake
Crunch
Rock Tomb
Ice Beam

Mawile @ Mawilite
31/31/31/x/31/31
252HP/252Atk/4SpDf
Intimidate > Huge Power
Adamant
Swords Dance
Ice Fang
Sucker Punch
Play Rough

All but my Mawile are near perfect statwise. This is essentially the same usage of Draco Meteor+Topsy Turvy a lott of us saw in the Wi-Fi battle preview before the game's release. Whenever I'm lucky enough, I pull off two Draco Meteor's and then reverse the stat drop to make STAB Air Slash and Flamethrower do massive damage.
Malamar got OHKO'd by Silver Wind without crit somehow, but it takes X-Scissor twice before fainting. The only problem with Topsy Turvy on Noivern is the fact that Draco Meteor misses rarely, but when it does, and it usually happens later into the streak, Malamar wastes a turn and usually has to switch out with Mawile.
If Noivern and Malamar are finished off, I usually bring out Tyranitar to give my opponents and extra deterrent after near KO's from Mawile's attacks or with Sturdy,

petalferrous

It has...hair?
Aww man, WTF... I make it to battle 41 in Super Singles, with these guys:

Dragonite @ Weakness Policy
31/31/31/x/31/31
Jolly
Multiscale
6HP/252Atk/252Spe
Dragon Dance
Thunder Punch
EQ
Dragon Claw

Rotom-W @ Chesto Berry
31/x/31/31/31/31
Modest
Levitate
232 HP/56 SpA/220 Spe
Hydro Pump
Thunderbolt
Rest
Will-O-Wisp

Gengar @ Gengarite
31/x/31/31/31/31
Timid
Levitate>Shadow Tag
Shadow Ball
Sludge Bomb
Thunderbolt
Focus Blast

and I'm just starting to feel like I might be able to make it to the boss, then a Veteran pulls THREE legendaries (Suicune, Raikou, and Thundurus) on me when I hadn't seen any up to that point. Okay, so only Thundurus was Uber in BW2, and Sui and Rai were both UU, but that didn't really help my poor team. Suicune was a Chesto-Rester with CM and no sleep talk, and that's really one of my team's biggest weaknesses--bulky Pokemon that can take a hit and start boosting. I switched to Rotom against Suicune, her lead, which was really dumb on my part, then got frozen on the switch with Ice Beam... It all went downhill from there.

I think my team faces two main weaknesses:
1. We can't take status at all. Paralysis and Burn absolutely cripple Dragonite, and while I'd been taking the accusations of anti-team shenanigans by the AI with a grain of salt, I had to wonder after facing like 5 teams in a row with Thunder Wave leads... Confusion is honestly pretty dangerous too, since his Attack gets absurdly high between DD, Swagger users, and WP boosts. Toxic is probably the least concern, but it's still a pain. Mega Gengar is also annihilated by Paralysis and doesn't exactly enjoy getting burned, while Rotom isn't crippled by any status but also can't afford to simply absorb them, especially Poison. Ideally Rotom could block paralysis moves for my crew, but with its Modest nature and reliance on Rest it's not bulky enough to take repeated Thunders to the face.

2. Bulky set-up sweepers. If something gets started with CM after Dragonite has died, it's game over. Actually, a lot of my losses come from losing Dragonite too quickly.

Any suggestions? I'm by no means determined to use any of these Pokemon on my team, by the way.

mitsuhoney

Just beat the Elite Four and attempted to do the Battle Maison, I only lasted up to 10 battles (I won each one) before I called it quits, not really a big fan of the rules and regulations of it at all...maybe I will come back to it when I find it necessary...

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
So, has anyone else had this happen? I've been doing Doubles, and on at least 4 occasions, I've had the opponent Will-o-Wisp their own partner for no reason at all. No Guts activation or anything. Flareon burns its partner Sylveon? What? And a Scrafty suffered the same in another battle. As I noticed this become a recurring issue, I recorded my 36th battle where Chandelure Will-o-Wisped its partner Delphox. The very next battle, Cofagrigus did the same to Golurk. This is not a bad thing at all for me, since it probably saved me on battle 37, but really, this couldn't be normal, could it?

Here are the videos of both battles if anyone can figure something out:
#36: 8BRW-WWWW-WWW3-URQD
#37: EWNG-WWWW-WWW3-URQP

Moving on from that bizarre issue, I also made my way to Evelyn and won on my first try. Battle with Evelyn here: ATUG-WWWW-WWW3-URS5

As for my team:

Greninja @ Focus Sash
Ability: Protean
Nature: Timid
EV's: 6 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Mat Block
- Protect

So I'm not the first to post here with the Mat Block strategy, but I saw the potential in it, and it totally worked. Alongside SD Garchomp, this was ridiculously effective.

Garchomp @ Yache Berry
Ability: Rough Skin
Nature: Jolly
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance
- Protect

So basically with this, I just looked into my Battle Box and suddenly repurposed a Garchomp I trained for singles over to doubles, and with the change from Fire Fang to Protect, this worked pretty well. Dragon Claw over Outrage is self-explanatory in Doubles. I considered Lum Berry in case of burns, but with the above occurrences, Yache Berry was a better choice. Evelyn's Latios miss-haxed it, causing me to get off to an awful start, but on the way there, this was a great team.

Togekiss @ Leftovers
Ability: Super Luck
Nature: Modest
EV's: 252 HP / 206 SpA / 52 Spe
- Dazzling Gleam
- Aura Sphere
- Air Slash
- Roost

So yeah, same Togekiss from Rotation, which will likely come along for Triples as well. With Garchomp's EQ and Togekiss's Dazzling Gleam, this was a devastating combo. Ice types weren't as big of a worry for me here like I had expected, so that was great.

Blaziken @ Blazikenite
Ability: Blaze --> Speed Boost
Nature: Adamant
- Flare Blitz
- Swords Dance
- Protect
- High Jump Kick

So, my Mega, and as you can see, one of my favorite Pokemon ever. I kinda lumped him in last-minute, so I wasn't sure how this would work out, but this guy has so much raw power that SD wasn't ever needed. Blaze is only there because this guy was a near-flawless shiny and he'd Mega Evolve right away in every situation (barely missed perfect Speed, but being shiny instanty overrides that). In the battle with Evelyn, he blazed (pun intended) through all three of the legendary beasts, with a bit of help from Togekiss. He was totally worth the spot, and I'm glad he got the spotlight in this fight.

Next, I'll move onto Triple, with slight modifications to my team. I might just wait for Pokebank and use the Terrakion + Beat Up strategy, but I'll see how things work. The Mat Block strategy works well already, so I might use that instead.

EDIT: Can't believe this thread is so empty. Must be the Pokebank stuff. Anyway, I actually made it through Triples as well without switching anything on my old team. I simply added Klefki again (Thunder Wave --> Safeguard), and put in Zapdos with the moveset of Thunderbolt, Discharge, Hidden Power [Ground] and Roost with Magnet held. Not the best moveset, but it was all I really needed. Garchomp worked well with this, and Zapdos actually got a lot of usage. Looks like the Modest nature may have helped put some power behind those attacks. One of Thunderbolt or HP [Ground] would have been replaced with Heat Wave if tutors were available, but it all turned out fine.

As with Evelyn, Dana was also kinda tough, though the hax against me was minimal (her Registeel outsped Timid Greninja after one Rock Polish, much to my surprise for an Iron Head flinch). Things were mostly in my favor, which was great. Triples takes a long time, even with animations off. Now I only need Multi to officially conquer all of the Maison. What I might do is simply trade over Greninja and Togekiss over to my brother's game and use both of them to win as if it was Doubles anyway. My brother doesn't really care about the Maison, but he'll appreciate the BP and trophy, I'm sure. I might not do that, but it's quite probable. I've never done so much in a battle facility like this, so I'll do whatever it takes to finish up Multi.

Battle with Dana: L3MW-WWWW-WWW3-VBPX

Last edited:

Buttons

Mountain Trainer
I have a silly question. I don't usually do any of the battle challenge places in the games, so I have no idea if the pokemon you see while battling are tracked in the pokedex.

Does anyone know if they are?

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
I have a silly question. I don't usually do any of the battle challenge places in the games, so I have no idea if the pokemon you see while battling are tracked in the pokedex.

Does anyone know if they are?

No, they don't, though it wouldn't make a huge difference if they did or not.

Meanwhile, I've officially conquered all the Battle Maison. So I tried cheating the Multi Battle aspect by using my team from Doubles, but that got screwed over by a crit hax on battle 46. Since you can't turn off animations when allied with a real friend, I decided to give up that strategy and try one of my friend AI partners.

I settled with one using a Timid Specs Latios (Maison uses perfect IV's making it easier to figure out). Moveset being Draco Meteor, Energy Ball, Psychic and Thunder, and it worked just fine. It's like the partner AI gets the same AI hax that the opponents get, since Thunder hit more often than not, and Draco Meteor crit at very convenient times. Partnered it with my Mega Blaziken from before, and got rid of the useless Swords Dance for Earthquake. This ended up being a good call since Adamant Mega Blaziken OHKO's so many things without a boost anyway, and he rarely gets a chance to boost outside of Singles.

I also brought Togekiss along, since he's proved very reliable in the past. This was no different, with Dazzling Gleam being a clean 2HKO on many things ignoring my partner's moves. The other Pokemon was Escavalier, which was crucial against the Trick Room teams that often screw me over in these facilities. This guy was Adamant with max HP and Att investment, knowing Iron Defense, Iron Head, Megahorn and Poison Jab. As with Latios, the questionable moveset actually was a great help. Now at 1,474 BP, I'm done with the Maison, at least unless I plan to get the Lansat/Starf Berries sometime down the road.

Battle with Nita and Morgan: GFFG-WWWW-WWW3-VUFS

[IMG139]http://i1293.photobucket.com/albums/b588/gustavo1495/Snapshot_20131226_2_zps93529428.jpg[/IMG139]

mankarp

I'm at round 91 in super snigles with this team:
Kangaskhan @ Kanghaskanite
31/31/30/31/31/31
4HP/252ATK/252Spe
Jolly

Return
PuP
Earthquake
Sucker Punch

Gengar@ Black sludge
x/x/31/31/31/31
252SpA/252Spe/4HP
Timid
Dazzling gleam
Shadow Ball
Substitute
Disable

Garchomp @ Yache Berry
31/31/x/31/31/31
252Atk/252Spe/4HP
Rough skin
Jolly
Swords Dance
Eartquake
Iron Head
Dragon Claw

It's not that difficult, because the AI sends me a lot of fighting types for M.Khan or status attacks, all of them are taken care easy with gengar thanks to sub-disable.
Almost everything is destroyed with mega khan alone, only rare pokemon like spiritomb with Wow sucker punch pain split and the berry that lets you attack first in a pinch.

@Psynergy i experienced the same thing in some battles ... For some reason a weezing burned his dragon dancing gyarados partner. I don't remember if it was in a multi battle or a regular doubles.

In multi battles i'm out of luck, 99% of my battle partners are either garbage or earquake/surf abusers. I lost a battle in round 42 i think because my partner spamed eartquake non stop and killed my 2 pokemon. It's so frustrating >.<, dude you deal more damage with Aerial Ace against a grass type why earthquake?!?!

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
@Psynergy i experienced the same thing in some battles ... For some reason a weezing burned his dragon dancing gyarados partner. I don't remember if it was in a multi battle or a regular doubles.

Ah, so I'm not the only one getting this experience. My game isn't broken, then. That's really weird, though. I can only wonder what's causing that to happen, though. Unless this also happened in the Subway as well. I never tried doubles in the Subway, so I wouldn't know.

IrieFuse

Unify To Thrive
I have to say, light clay dual screens klefki is an amazing partner to belly drum azumarill and basically anything u want to use to set up because it gives your entire time additional bulk for 8 turns. battle maison doesnt have much against those two but i like to use charizard Y with these two

i would recommend a rock-type move on any one of these pokemon because infiltrators are all weak to them and they are a dual screeners worst nightmare

Last edited:

redven

My team is as follows in my personal favorite order of use.

Aegislash AKA Cloud: Impish +Defense -Special Attack w/ Leftovers
Ev spread was given to 252 Def, 252 HP, and 4 on Atk

Both a HUGE wall with King's Shield and sweeper when using 2 Swords Dance and combo of Sacred Sword or Iron Head (don't feel the need for the 3rd Swords Dance)

Kangaskhan AKA Lorien Eve: Adamant +Attack -Special Attack w/ Kangaskhanite
Ev spread is 252 Atk, 252 Spd, and 4 Def

Great sweeper, priority hitter, or clean up Poke. Very VERY reliable, this punk has saved me from many battles alone at times.

Garchomp AKA Leviathan: Jolly +Speed -Special Attack w/ Quick Claw... Although I may make the switch to a choice scarf.
Ev spread is 252 Atk, 252 Spd, and 4 Def

Also a great closer because of its speed. Out speeds Gengar and other Garchomps, unless one of them has a scarf.
Still, very powerful and quick to hit when I need a hit and a big one at that.

What I like about this team is that they're each reliable given certain trainers. Most times I would only need one of each to sweep entire teams.

I'm thinking of bringing up a Chandeleur but I'm afraid it's defenses are what will cripple it. Maybe it's Special Attack will be enough to convince me.

Just wanted to finish with... That this team has gotten me a streak of 52. Only reason I lost was I beat myself up on a confused Garchomp lol. I have more tweaking to do.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.