• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Battle Maison Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Playful Latios

@Soul Dew
I used this to beat Super Doubles:

Gengar @ Gengarite
Timid
Levitate->Shadow Tag
252 Spe / 252 SAtk / 4 Def
-Shadow Ball
-Sludge Bomb
-Dazzling Gleam
-Protect

Garchomp @ Yache Berry
Jolly
Sand Veil
252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 HP
-Earthquake
-Dragon Claw
-Rock Slide
-Protect

Tyranitar @ Tyranitarite
Careful
I don't remember the full spread, but it wasn't the standard 252 Atk, 252 HP.
-Rock Slide
-Crunch
-Earthquake
-Protect

Greninja @ Life Orb
Timid
252 Satk / 252 Spe / 4 Def
-Surf
-Ice Beam
-Dark Pulse
-Extrasensory

Gengar and Garchomp is the lead. It can cover a wide variety of threats. The big thing to think about if you really need to mega evolve Gengar that turn or not because it will lose Levitate. I never really had any issues other than one Ferrothorn which I had my Pokemon team up on. This team also has multiple Pokemon that can defeat the annoying Cresselia that uses Double Team. The 50th opponent should be quite easy since Tyranitar is supereffective against most of the Pokemon. Garchomp also works wonderfully against the Raikou and Entei. Good luck.:)

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
I beat Super Triples this morning, I'm surprised too because of how much trouble I had with Doubles, and yet the first time ever in the Super Triples Line and I go all the way up to the Charletaine and beat her. I added a Mamoswine that I had bred last night from a Thick Fat Swinub off the GTS and Rotom-W which was originally Rotom-H from my Super Singles team of Rotom-H / (Mega) Gyarados / Aegislash, and went to work.

Basically I just led with Thundurus-T, Mamoswine, and Rotom-W, and just spammed Discharge / Earthquake / Discharge, I barely used any of my other three, unless the opponent got a lucky crit or was using Legendaries that I had to work around.

Now I'm going to get Super Multi out of the way, save my favorite battle style for last, Rotations.

Thundurus-T @ Timid
Volt Absorb @ Assault Vest
31/x/30/31/31/31
252 Sp. Attack / 252 Speed / 6 HP
- Discharge
- HP [Ice]
- Focus Blast
- Grass Knot

Mamoswine @ Jolly
Thick Fat @ Leftovers
31/31/31/x/31/31
252 Attack / 252 Speed / 6 HP
- Icicle Crash
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard
- Stealth Rock

Rotom-W @ Calm
Levitate @ Rocky Helmet
31/x/31/31/31/31
252 HP / 252 Sp. Def / 6 Sp. Attack
- Discharge
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Thunder Wave

Politoed @ Modest
Drizzle @ Damp Rock
31/x/31/31/31/31
252 HP / 252 Sp. Attack / 6 Speed
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Psychic
- Hypnosis

Kingdra @ Adamant
Swift Swim @ Chesto Berry
31/31/31/x/31/31
252 HP / 252 Attack / 6 Speed
- Waterfall
- Outrage
- Dragon Dance
- Rest

(Mega) Scizor @ Adamant
Technician @ Scizorite
31/31/31/x/31/31
252 HP / 252 Attack / 6 Speed
- Bullet Punch
- X-Scissor
- Brick Break
- Swords Dance

EXGShadow

Poison fan
I've finally beaten Morgan for the Last Trophy in the Battle Maison.. rotation battles aren't my thing, I guess. Took me several tries, and managed it using Klefki, Aegislash, Greninja and Mega Kangaskhan.

Still trying to get a 200 win streak.

Last edited:

Requiem Aeternam

Dance like an eggplant!
After failing multiple times at Triples I've decided to give Double battles a try to see if I have better luck there. I'm not very good at Super Doubles so I'll be building a brand new team for it. Currently my team only has my Dual Screener Meowstic and I want to use an Unaware Quagsire as it seems to wall a lot of Evelyn's team. What other Pokemon should I use? I'm open to any recommendation but it might be worth noting that I don't have any of the Y exclusive Mega Stones nor do I have any good IV legendary Pokemon (excluding the Zapdos from Sea Spirit's Den).

I Like Pie!

Smile smile smile!
The Entrainment Truant Durant trick is racking me up some nice Battle Points in the Battle Maison! :D

Still pissed at that random Protect Bouffalant that ruined streak of 69. :/

Playful Latios

@Soul Dew
After failing multiple times at Triples I've decided to give Double battles a try to see if I have better luck there. I'm not very good at Super Doubles so I'll be building a brand new team for it. Currently my team only has my Dual Screener Meowstic and I want to use an Unaware Quagsire as it seems to wall a lot of Evelyn's team. What other Pokemon should I use? I'm open to any recommendation but it might be worth noting that I don't have any of the Y exclusive Mega Stones nor do I have any good IV legendary Pokemon (excluding the Zapdos from Sea Spirit's Den).

You could just use an all out offensive team. I did that for super doubles and plowed through the 50 battles. Garchomp is one Pokemon I recommend because it has powerful STAB Earthquake. Pair it with something that either resists or is immune to ground moves. It also is capable of using Rock Slide which also hits both opponents. That will get you far. Having Protect is very helpful as well for getting through doubles. Three of the four Pokemon I used had Protect. My other Pokemon I led with was Gengar. This works well because of levitate. Gengar also is immune to Fake Out so if you know they will use it you can have your other Pokemon use Protect and basically get a free turn to do whatever with Gengar.

Requiem Aeternam

Dance like an eggplant!
You could just use an all out offensive team. I did that for super doubles and plowed through the 50 battles. Garchomp is one Pokemon I recommend because it has powerful STAB Earthquake. Pair it with something that either resists or is immune to ground moves. It also is capable of using Rock Slide which also hits both opponents. That will get you far. Having Protect is very helpful as well for getting through doubles. Three of the four Pokemon I used had Protect. My other Pokemon I led with was Gengar. This works well because of levitate. Gengar also is immune to Fake Out so if you know they will use it you can have your other Pokemon use Protect and basically get a free turn to do whatever with Gengar.

Thanks for the tip. I'll try doing that :)

lavulin

Hello! I tried sper doubles but I have broblem pairing my Zoroark. My former team consists of Zoroark ( as a Gengar), Azumarill, Ferrothorn and Gengar. I made it to 47 with this team but I am not so happy with my Azumarill. Any pokemon that would fit in fine? Thank you.

Aetius

Hello! I tried sper doubles but I have broblem pairing my Zoroark. My former team consists of Zoroark ( as a Gengar), Azumarill, Ferrothorn and Gengar. I made it to 47 with this team but I am not so happy with my Azumarill. Any pokemon that would fit in fine? Thank you.

Gyarados?
When I was in a pinch, he always saved me and he's really a reliable Pokèmon.
But I don't know if you meant another water Pokèmon...

imran3

Nothing much...
Noooo..... :( I lost at the 49th Battle of the Triple. 1 more step and I could've challenged Dana. Now I have to climb all that way back...

Stupid Alakazam, Noivern and Gliscor....

Pamizard

Queen of Charizards!
so far maison isn't going so well for me for super singles or doubles. I dont remember what my streak is for doubles its probably very low but for singles its only at 25. I haven't tried normal triple or rotation yet to get their super modes.

I'm about to try out this team for super singles and possible doubles. Its an all Kanto team all transferred from Bank

Tauros
Jolly With Sheer Force
Holding expert belt (dont have an extra choice band or muscle band out of BP for that)
evs in attack and speed
Rock Slide, Iron Head, Zen Headbutt, Rock Climb (DW move)
Wanted to have all four moves affected by sheer force for more power

Vaporeon
Bold natured with water absorb
holding leftovers
Its bulky with a whopping 463 HP at level 100
evs in hp and defense
Wish, Protect, Scald (might replace it with surf or muddy water for more power) and ice beam

Clefable from third gen
Modest with Magic Guard managed to get magic guard when evolving when it was a clefairy by lucky chance
Max special attack and HP evs
Holding Life Orb
Softboiled (third gen move tutor since it came from third gen) fire blast, thunderbolt and moonblast

Executor
Lum Berry
With Harvest
Modest nature
Rest, sleep powder, giga drain, and psychic
Max evs in special attack, and hp

Charizard
holding CHarizard Y
Solar POwer
timid
max evs in speed and special attack
fire blast, dragon pulse, solar beam, focus blast

Arbok
Adamant
Intimidate
Holding Focus Sash
Max evs in Attack and Speed
Gunk Shot, Aqua Tail, Earthquake, Sucker Punch

I'm hoping that I can least get a great streak if anyone has suggestions please let me know :) it would be appreciated

Last edited:

Playful Latios

@Soul Dew
Arbok in general is just not a good Pokemon. I'd really recommend Gengar instead. It has a total of 3 immunities if you don't mega evolve it. It fits your theme of all Kanto and has much better stats all around.

When you are doing doubles, consider Heat Wave instead of Fire Blast on Charizard because it hits both opponents.

Vaporeon I'd recommend keeping Scald because Surf only has 10 more power, but has no extra effect.

Pamizard

Queen of Charizards!
Arbok in general is just not a good Pokemon. I'd really recommend Gengar instead. It has a total of 3 immunities if you don't mega evolve it. It fits your theme of all Kanto and has much better stats all around.

When you are doing doubles, consider Heat Wave instead of Fire Blast on Charizard because it hits both opponents.

Vaporeon I'd recommend keeping Scald because Surf only has 10 more power, but has no extra effect.

thanks i'll keep that in mind

im using the team right now, but i feel like on vaporeon, not having evs in special attack isn't right so i might reset the evs, max out defense again, give some special attack to give vaporeon a little extra "oomph" and the rest in HP, so that way i can rely on survivng with wish and protect

and yeah I guess you are right about arbok, i really wanted to try to run a poison type that i normally dont run, thats not gengar. I do have my DW gengar with its hidden move which is sludge bomb so i may swap out eventually after i come up with a set that revolves around sludge wave

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
I beat the Super Rotation Battle Line today in the Battle Maison with this team:

Porygon2 @ Bold
Trace @ Eviolite
31/*/31/31/31/31
252 HP / 252 Def / 6 Sp. Def
- Tri Attack
- Ice Beam
- Recover
- Thunder Wave

Salamence @ Jolly
Moxie @ Lum Berry
31/31/31/*/31/31
252 Atk / 252 Spe / 6 HP
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Fire Fang
- Dragon Dance

Scizor @ Adamant
Technician @ Scizorite
31/31/31/*/31/31
252 HP / 252 Atk / 6 Def
- Bullet Punch
- X-Scissor
- Brick Break
- Swords Dance

Greninja @ Timid
Protean @ Life Orb
31/*/31/31/31/31
252 Sp. Atk / 252 Spe / 6 HP
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Dark Pulse
- Extrasensory

I gotta say, Porygon2 was my MVP, that thing can tank for days with Recover and Eviolite. He shut down most other pokemon alone with Thunder Wave, allowing Salamence to pick off weakened Pokemon and start snowballing Moxie boosts. After one Dragon Dance, he outsped every other Pokemon I faced that hadn't already boosted its own speed, and went to work. I barely even used Greninja honestly, he was just a back up for the Charletaine.

The Chareletaine battle was a lot easier than I expected, but I did get very lucky with her rotations. Basically she kept switching between Cobalion and Terrakion, both were paralyzed by Porygon2, and then Mega Scizor came in and set up +6, OHKOing everyone except Cobalion with Bullet Punch, that was a 2HKO.

Now I just need to finish the Super Multi Battle Line, and I'll have all the trophies.

Requiem Aeternam

Dance like an eggplant!
After screwing up Doubles for the umpteenth time I'm going back to Triples but this time I want to switch up my team a bit. My last team had Wobbuffet, Meowstic-M, Pumpkaboo (Super Sized), Furfrou, Greninja and Mega Gardevoir and I managed to reach the Chatalaine fairly easily. While the team was surprisingly effective I haven't had much luck since as I usually get beaten at around 20, 30 at most, which is why I want to try other Pokemon.

I'm going to keep Wobbuffet, Pumpkaboo and Meowstic as I managed to finish most battles with Pumpkaboo and Wobbuffet still in one piece and Meowstic's screens have saved me on multiple occasions but I want to change the other 3. I'm going to replace Furfrou with Gliscor, Mega Gardevoir with Mega Alakazam and I was thinking of using Goodra instead of Greninja because of how specially defensive it is and it has a good offensive move pool. Hopefully I have more success this time. I really want to beat her this time.

I wish I'd saved the last battle I had against Dana even if I did lose. I could have used it to form the ideal team for the next time I face her.

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
Bji_glNIEAA3b8L.jpg

I finally did it, I finally finished the Battle Maison, and I have a nice bundle of 2,151 BP to spend on stuff, even though I have all the TMs and items already. Maybe I'll buy 10 Ability Capsules, who knows.

The final trophy I needed was the Super Multi Battle line, and shockingly I finished it with the AI team that was based off of me. He had a Landorus and a Milotic, so I used Thundurus-T and (Mega) Scizor to win. This was maybe the 5th or 6th attempt at the streak, and I'm glad it's finally over with. It's incredibly stressful relying on the AI when both your Pokemon are fainted, which happened more than I should have let it. There was one particularly stressful battle which was down to a Chandelure / Tangrowth / Carracosta against Landorus / Milotic. Lando just flat refused to use Earthquake, which at the time would have been a death sentence, as Rock Slide actually got lucky flinches on both, and I'm not sure the battle would've ended the same way. I wonder if the AI also gets the same Hax bonus as the opponent AI does, there were more times that Rock Slide crit one or both of the opponents Pokemon, while Discharge barely paralyzed anyone.

This was my team:

Thundurus-T @ Timid
Volt Absorb @ Leftovers
31/31/30/*/30/31
252 Sp. Atk / 252 Spe / 6 HP
- Discharge
- HP [Ice]
- Focus Blast
- Nasty Plot

Scizor @ Adamant
Technician @ Scizorite
31/31/31/*/31/31
252 HP / 252 Atk / 6 Def
- Bullet Punch
- X-Scissor
- Brick Break
- Swords Dance

This was the AI's team:

Landorus @ Adamant
Sand Force @ Smooth Rock
31/31/31/31/31/31
252 Atk / 252 Spe / 6 HP
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Sandstorm
- Protect

Milotic @ ???
Competitive @ Wacan Berry
31/31/31/31/31/31
252 HP / 252 Sp. Att / 6 Spe
- Hydro Pump
- Blizzard
- Mirror Coat
- Recover

Again the Charletaine was pretty simple, it was Nita / Morgan with Thundurus / Tornadus / Virizion / Latias, and again Scizor swept them with +2 Bullet Punch. The only reason I know what nature Landorus was is because it had the exact same Speed as Thundurus-T, so after a little math, I figured it out.

Drilltank

Oh bleh, completely forgot to come in here at all. Anywho, managed to get a total streak of 124 battles before a Garchomp ruined it for me. Sadly I completely forgot to save the Chatelaine battle video too, which is sad because I pulled that off relatively easily. Final team for it was Dragonite with a 'Schmuck Bait' setup, Mega Scizor to soak up hits, and Espeon to deal with status shenanigans that would have otherwise wrecked me. Also, my apologies as I don't recall what my mon's IVs are off the top of my head, but they were quite high.

Covert Cactus

<--- Halloween shiny
so far maison isn't going so well for me for super singles or doubles. I dont remember what my streak is for doubles its probably very low but for singles its only at 25. I haven't tried normal triple or rotation yet to get their super modes.

I'm about to try out this team for super singles and possible doubles. Its an all Kanto team all transferred from Bank

Tauros
Jolly With Sheer Force
Holding expert belt (dont have an extra choice band or muscle band out of BP for that)
evs in attack and speed
Rock Slide, Iron Head, Zen Headbutt, Rock Climb (DW move)
Wanted to have all four moves affected by sheer force for more power

Vaporeon
Bold natured with water absorb
holding leftovers
Its bulky with a whopping 463 HP at level 100
evs in hp and defense
Wish, Protect, Scald (might replace it with surf or muddy water for more power) and ice beam

Clefable from third gen
Modest with Magic Guard managed to get magic guard when evolving when it was a clefairy by lucky chance
Max special attack and HP evs
Holding Life Orb
Softboiled (third gen move tutor since it came from third gen) fire blast, thunderbolt and moonblast

Executor
Lum Berry
With Harvest
Modest nature
Rest, sleep powder, giga drain, and psychic
Max evs in special attack, and hp

Charizard
holding CHarizard Y
Solar POwer
timid
max evs in speed and special attack
fire blast, dragon pulse, solar beam, focus blast

Arbok
Adamant
Intimidate
Holding Focus Sash
Max evs in Attack and Speed
Gunk Shot, Aqua Tail, Earthquake, Sucker Punch

I'm hoping that I can least get a great streak if anyone has suggestions please let me know :) it would be appreciated

Have you considered using mega kangaskhan. It's a great pokemon and right now I'm on a 54 win streak in super singles.

Have you considered using mega kangaskhan. It's a great pokemon and right now I'm on a 54 win streak in super singles.
Take this guy's advice. Mega Kangaskhan was a great add for my team, and is currently one of my pokemon i'm running in my super singles team (currently at 109 win streak).

Right now i'm running this set on him:
Kangaskhan @ Kangaskhanite
Adamant
EVs: 4HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
- Sucker Punch
- Crunch
- Return
- Power-Up Punch
Surprisingly outspeeds a lot of pokes, power up punch is usually the lead attack (you get x2 boost usually first turn, allowing STAB return to pretty much obliterate anything). Sucker punch is great for dealing with pokemon faster than you. I'm using crunch, mainly for slow ghost types. You will come into situations where the CPU will open with a lot of slow ghosts that will attempt to trick room you. All of the moves are pretty useful, but i've seen a lot of people trade out crunch for fake out, which works out pretty well too.

IrieFuse

Unify To Thrive
so I tried super rotations with mega kangaskhan, greninja, aegislash and gliscor straight from smogon sets and it can't seem to get past the 40's. highest streak is 46. any advice?/:

Status
Not open for further replies.