• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Battle Maison Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

VaporeonIce

For Rotations, it sounds like a decent number of people have used Dual Screens Klefki pretty effectively. It can easily set up screens, then you can go to strong set-up sweepers like Dragonite and Mega Kangaskhan and boost them up enough to sweep. I've never tried a team like that, though, so you'd have to test it out and see what works for you.

This is the only team I've ever tried on Rotations, but I got to #1 on Smogon with it (417 wins), so you can use that too.

Chansey @ Eviolite
Ability: Nature Cure
EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/4 Speed
Bold Nature
- Toxic
- Soft-Boiled
- Aromatherapy
- Seismic Toss

Venusaur @ Venusaurite
Ability: Overgrow -> Thick Fat
EVs: 252 HP/252 Sp.Atk/4 Speed
Modest Nature
- Synthesis
- Earthquake
- Sludge Bomb
- Giga Drain

Cloyster @ Focus Sash
Ability: Skill Link
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Speed
Adamant Nature
- Shell Smash
- Icicle Spear
- Razor Shell
- Rock Blast

Backup:
Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 208 HP/44 Atk/252 Speed
Jolly Nature
- Protect
- Substitute
- Toxic
- Earthquake

It's pretty easy to use; the trick is to not attack with Cloyster until you're sure you can OHKO all three of the opponent's mons with Icicle Spear (avoid using the other moves whenever possible, because they can miss). It can OHKO most things after a single Shell Smash and can OHKO frail Fire-types (Typhlosion, Delphox, Infernape stuff like that) if you've hit them with Seismic Toss once. A lot of the time you don't even need Cloyster, because Chansey or Mega Venusaur completely wall (or KO, in the case of Mega Venusaur against Water-types) the entire team and just wear them down with Toxic damage/Seismic Toss/one of Mega Venusaur's attacks. I found that predicting properly wasn't very important for this team (which is important, because it's impossible to predict properly in Rotations), because Chansey and Mega Venusaur just wall stuff so well. If the opposing team is all slower than base 95 speed, Gliscor can probably beat them by itself (it can stall out most Water-types and Mega Venusaur and Chansey both destroy most Water-types anyway), unless it has Roost Scizor or the dumb Curse/Amnesia/Iron Head/Rest Registeel, but never switch in Gliscor if the opposing team still has a Water or Ice move. Note that I say not to SWITCH it in; it's fine to rotate it in, because it can just outspeed and use Substitute/Protect and not have to take the hit. Just don't switch out Chansey to escape Medicham while the opponent has a Glaceon on their team, or Gliscor may very well be fainting to Blizzard the second you send it out.

Good luck!

Last edited:

IrieFuse

Unify To Thrive
For Rotations, it sounds like a decent number of people have used Dual Screens Klefki pretty effectively. It can easily set up screens, then you can go to strong set-up sweepers like Dragonite and Mega Kangaskhan and boost them up enough to sweep. I've never tried a team like that, though, so you'd have to test it out and see what works for you.

This is the only team I've ever tried on Rotations, but I got to #1 on Smogon with it (417 wins), so you can use that too.

Chansey @ Eviolite
Ability: Nature Cure
EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/4 Speed
Bold Nature
- Toxic
- Soft-Boiled
- Aromatherapy
- Seismic Toss

Venusaur @ Venusaurite
Ability: Overgrow -> Thick Fat
EVs: 252 HP/252 Sp.Atk/4 Speed
Modest Nature
- Synthesis
- Earthquake
- Sludge Bomb
- Giga Drain

Cloyster @ Focus Sash
Ability: Skill Link
Adamant Nature
- Shell Smash
- Icicle Spear
- Razor Shell
- Rock Blast

Backup:
Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
EVs: 208 HP/44 Atk/252 Speed
Jolly Nature
- Protect
- Substitute
- Toxic
- Earthquake

It's pretty easy to use; the trick is to not attack with Cloyster until you're sure you can OHKO all three of the opponent's mons with Icicle Spear (avoid using the other moves whenever possible, because they can miss). It can OHKO most things after a single Shell Smash and can OHKO frail Fire-types (Typhlosion, Delphox, Infernape stuff like that) if you've hit them with Seismic Toss once. A lot of the time you don't even need Cloyster, because Chansey or Mega Venusaur completely wall (or KO, in the case of Mega Venusaur against Water-types) the entire team and just wear them down with Toxic damage/Seismic Toss/one of Mega Venusaur's attacks. I found that predicting properly wasn't very important for this team (which is important, because it's impossible to predict properly in Rotations), because Chansey and Mega Venusaur just wall stuff so well. If the opposing team is all slower than base 95 speed, Gliscor can probably beat them by itself (it can stall out most Water-types and Mega Venusaur and Chansey both destroy most Water-types anyway), unless it has Roost Scizor or the dumb Curse/Amnesia/Iron Head/Rest Registeel, but never switch in Gliscor if the opposing team still has a Water or Ice move. Note that I say not to SWITCH it in; it's fine to rotate it in, because it can just outspeed and use Substitute/Protect and not have to take the hit. Just don't switch out Chansey to escape Medicham while the opponent has a Glaceon on their team, or Gliscor may very well be fainting to Blizzard the second you send it out.

Good luck!

thank you so much I'm definitely going to try this soon. :)

YonaNoveau

Finally beat Morgan, surprisingly it was in my second attempt with this team. The first time I had many things to polish with the movesets and how to use them, but the final one worked great:

Dragonite @ Lum Berry
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 6 Hp / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Nature: Adamant
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Fire Punch
- Earthquake

Notes: Multiscale and Lum Berry basically ensure Dragonite will setup at least one Dragon Dance (or be able heal Outrage's confusion), if tried to be statused Lum Berry covers him and Multiscale along with Dragonite's natural bulk means unless it's an ice move, it won't do that much. If you can see an Ice move coming, switch, since Multiscale brings them down to 2x they can still OHKO Dragonite.
Extremespeed was redundant given Azumarrill's Aqua Jet is more spammable, Lucario is carrying Bullet Punch and after Dragon Dance Dragonite is faster than most stuff. Outrage hits just way too hard not to use. Unless the opponent is carrying a steel or fairy type, Outrage will smash through entire teams, I won many matches by simply letting Dragonite smack around things. Earthquake and Fire Punch are for coverage, but mostly unused unless it's against Steel Types or Fairies which Outrage can't take out.

Azumarrill @ Assault Vest
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 252 Hp / 252 Atk / 6 Sp. Spd
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Power Up Punch
- Waterfall

Notes: I found that while Superpower hits hard, it's status lowering cost basically rendered Azumarril useless once used once. Azumarrill is too slow to use it to sweep or weaken teams and given it lowers defense he goes down easily, especially since it makes Aqua Jet, his main trick, too weak. However, Power Up Punch is there since Azumarrill doesn't get a status buff move aside Belly Drum which is too risky in the maison to setup. After one, Aqua Jet can hit very hard with priority, unless resisted it leaves on orange health at least. Waterfall and Play Rough OHKO most things after one Atk boost. Not to mention Power Up Punch still allows me to buff and keep Assault Vest.
Also I swapped the attack boosting items for Assault Vest, mostly because random rotating means you can't really target enemies, so many times you can't get the KO you wanted. Durability does a huge difference in Super Rotation, Assault Vest allows Azumarrill to brush almost all special attacks and take super effective one quite well given it's good natural HP and weaken bulky pokemon. Hell, it almost took down alone a team of Legendaries of a Veteran simply by taking all the hits to the face and hitting back.

Also Azumarrill's horrible speed makes Trick Room backfire horribly on enemy teams. The same that ruined my streaks many times before.

Lucario @ Lucarionite
Ability: Justified -> Adaptability
EVs: 6 Hp / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Nature: Jolly
- Bullet Punch
- Close Combat
- Blaze Kick
- Earthquake

Notes: Lucario didn't participate that much, he only came out when everything was set for him to Close Combat things to oblivion. 240 Power Close Combat is just insane, the only things it doesn't take down in 1 hit are things that resist it, if it hits neutral someone it will go down. Blaze Kick and Earthquake are for coverage against what he can't Close Combat. Bullet Punch is mostly to take down faeries. Extremespeed was removed given Aqua Jet and Bullet Punch are already enough Priority moves for the team.

Gengar @ Focus Sash
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 6 Hp / 252 Sp. Atk / 252 Spd
Nature: Timid
- Shadow Ball
- Energy Ball
- Thunderbolt
- Destiny Bond

Notes: Not much difference here, Thunderbolt and Energy Ball are there to take out Water type variations, Energy Ball is for the way too bulky Ground/Water types. While Dazzing Gleam was a nice choice, Play Rough already did the job with Azumarrill. Gengar was mostly to weaken enemies with which Dragonite can't setup safely (most water types are carrying Ice Beam or Blizzard) and take down one with Destiny Bond.

Against the Battle Chatelaine I did some changes in the setup. Given none of her Pokemon have status moves or moves that have that side effect I replaced Lum Berry on Dragonite with Weakness Policy, given that if Terrakion or Latias are in play they will go for Dragonite and the Rock Slide or Dragon Pulse will trigger it.

Also, I replaced Thunderbolt and Energy Ball in Gengar with Will O Wisp and Dazzling Gleam. Given that it hits everyone except Cobalion Super Effectively and Cobalion still takes neutral damage from it, though not much since it's apparently EV trained to be bulky. Will O Wisp is there to cripple any of the musketeers and then take one enemy down with Destiny Bond.

While Dragonite can setup one Dragon Dance with no problems, Cobalion can take it just fine and lose around a quarter of health and retaliate with Metal Burst. The other 3 however will go down after 1 Atk Boosted Outrage.

The main deal is to take down Latias. Outrage or Destiny Bond are the sure way to go given it's pretty bulky on both sides, it has recover so less than obscene attack power that only outrage has won't take her down, so I can work my way around that with Destiny Bond.

Azumarrill can take care very well of Latias, since it's immune to Dragon Pulse and Mist Ball doesn't do much thanks to Assault Vest and Play Rough takes most of her health, though it doesn't knock her out. Careful with one thing though, Aqua Jet won't finish Latias off after Play Rough unless it was boosted beforehand. Azumarrill can also take Cobalion's moves without problem and whistand one of Terrakion's moves and Virizion's Leaf Blade. But given Azumarril's bad speed it won't be able to do much if it goes against the Musketeers. Virizion resists Aqua Jet and Cobalion is too bulky.

Now, Lucario is the man here. If Latias is down, you've won. Just add Protect or Detect on Lucario, Mega Evolve and protect yourself so the speed boost of the Mega Evolution is applied next turn. With 112 base speed, speed nature, IV and EV dedicated to it, it's faster than the whole enemy team. Latias must go down since she can brush off Close Combat, but once she is out, none of the Musketeers can outspeed Mega Lucario, so they will take a whooping 480 Power move to the face, well 240 in Virizion's case, but the thing is, all of them go out with Close Combat.

Here's the video: S3AG-WWWW-WWW7-W8FK

I tried to setup despite Cobalion being in battle because Dragonite could at least take a hit. Lucario will go down with Sacred Sword and was saving Gengar's Destiny Bond for later. I was thinking Latias would try to use Dragon Pulse, but I was wrong, HOWEVER, she did came back to try to use it on Dragonite and well, you can see what happens next.

Overkill™

Snowflake!
Can you people help me? I wana get 50 wins in super singles. I can do the durant thing but that strategy takes ages to win a battle, let alone 50. So looking for some faster team.

I tried so far with a team of mega blaziken, greninja and garchomp. I got to 31 when I got completlly walled and destroyed by slowbro. Second go was 34, with a team of Mega Gyarados, talonflame and electivire. I lost this match bevause chrolyphl victrybell. sunny day when I dd's, solar beamed gyarados OHKO and killed talonflame because it was sashed.

So anybody knows the best partner for the combination of blaziken/greninja or M-gyarados/talonflame? Or anything else that can assure simple 50 wins?

First team I used:

Blaziken @ blazikenite
Ability: Speed boost
EVs: 252 Atk/252 Speed/4 hp
Adamant Nature
- Protect
- Sword Dance
- Flare Blitz
- Hi Jump Kick

Greninja @ Life Orb
Ability: Protean
EVs: 252 sp attk/252 speed/4 hp
hasty Nature
- U turn
- Ice Beam
- Dark Pulse
- Hydro Pump

Garchomp @ Leftovers
Ability: Rough Skin
Adamant Nature
- Outrage
- Sword Dance
- Fire Fang
- Earthquake

Second team:

Gyarados @ Gyardosnite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 atk/252 speed/4 Sp def
Adamant Nature
- Ice fang
- waterfall
- Earthquake
- Dragon dance

Talonflame @ Life Orb
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 252 atk/252 Speed/4 ?
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- U turn
- Flare Blitz
- Roost

Kinda never used the third poke unless if it was to mop up something, I first used latios then electivire.

Hi! I'm planning to take on the Singles of the Battle Maison, and I want to build a team around Infernape. However, I don't know what I should include in a team for the Maison. Do you have any recommended Pokemon I could use?

Thanks in advance if you can help!

Nightshade Aran

Hydreigon Summoner
Durant @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Truant
- Entrainment
- Protect
- Iron Head
- Crunch

Pinsir @ Pinsirite
Ability: Doesn't matter -> Aerilate
Nature: Adamant/Timid
-Sword Dance
-Earthquake
-Protect
-Quick Attack

Infernape @ Weakness Policy or an anti Water/Psychic/Flying/Ground berry
Ability: Doesn't matter
-Sword Dance
-Protect
-Close Combat
-Fire Blitz

Banana Bloodplanet

I'm in the process of creating a Battle Maison team right now. Before I did that, I decided to battle some just for fun and ended up defeating Nita in the single battle challenge.

Durant @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Truant
- Entrainment
- Protect
- Iron Head
- Crunch

Pinsir @ Pinsirite
Ability: Doesn't matter -> Aerilate
Nature: Adamant/Timid
-Sword Dance
-Earthquake
-Protect
-Quick Attack

Infernape @ Weakness Policy or an anti Water/Psychic/Flying/Ground berry
Ability: Doesn't matter
-Sword Dance
-Protect
-Close Combat
-Fire Blitz

Okay, thank you very much for the help! I would have tried to create something myself, but I'm horrible at building teams.

shadowF

what is the highest win you guys have gotten for the battle maison?

Pokeman Man

The Real Slim Shady
Daaamn I hate all the hax that goes on in this place.

As of now, my streak is 42.
My team is Lead DD Multiscale Dragonite, SD Talonflame, and Mega-Venasaur with Giga/SludgeBomb/Leech/Synthesis.

Battle 43, wtf is this
Leads with Terrakion

Terrakion takes down my Dragonite to about 2/5, and I DD'd. But nope, it's scarfed, so there goes one.

Send out Venasaur and successfully able to stall it out.

Then it sends out Cresselia. WHAT THE HELL
I know the 50th person has legendaries but I wasn't expecting prior to it...
I Leech Seed it, it Calm Minds. Psychic is a 3HKO so I can stall it out with Synthesis and Sludge Bomb.
It's a RestChesto set, so I got it down to where it Rested again and sent out Talonflame.
At this point I just Swords Dance and the Leech Seed gets it down to where I'm able to kill it.

Whew.. I might actually do this... Sends out a Zapdos, not too horrible, I guess...
I Brave Bird it, obviously not going to kill it but it brings me down to 3 HP. It Ancientpowers, and whadday'know, it gets the stats boost.
Mega Venasaur comes out and it only has Air Cutter. Judging from it's hit, it's a 3HKO, and I seeded it by that point, where I could Synthesis stall it out again.

NOPE
CRIT
WHY

And there goes my streak.

Sigh

Finally lost in super doubles at fight #338.
The team i was running with:
- Protean Greninja with Life Orb
- Sturdy Aron with Berry Juice
- Kangaskhan with Kangaskhanite
- Klefki with leftovers

Started out bad from the get go. If i remember correctly the NPC opened up with Lucario and Infernape (both had priority moves) and i made the mistake (most likely out of exhaustion, playing at 1 ish) of going endeavor+mat block, when i probably should've gone for surf + protect. To make matters worse, instead of both targeting my aron, my greninja was targeted and one shot. Took both the Lucario and Infernape down, but by then i had already lost both greninja and aron and my mega-kangaskhan was nearly ko'd from infernapes close combat. To make matters worse, the npc would go on to send out a charizard and an emboar. Stalled as much as i could with klefki, paralyzing both of the pokemon but it wasn't enough unfortunately and i lost :( .

Dr@gunov

I finally got all the trophies
10396542_720181234712281_1409775334_n.jpg
Finished a Super Multi streak in the Battle Maison, hitting 168 wins before losing.
Here are the details: 2Y9W-WWWW-WWW7-K8TB

The Team

Charizard Charizardite Y
Ability: Solar Power/Drought
EVs: 252 SAtk, 252 Spe, 4 HP
Fire Blast
Solarbeam
Dragon Pulse
Protect

Typhlosion Choice Scarf AI
Ability: Flash Fire
Eruption
Focus Blast
Heat Wave
Extrasensory

Garchomp Lum Berry
EVs: 252 Atk, 252 Spe, 4 HP
Dragon Claw
Earthquake
Rock Slide
Sword Dance

Feraligatr Lum Berry
Ability: Sheer Force
Aqua Jet
Waterfall
Earthquake
Ice Punch

Biggest threats to the team are Aerodactyl, Archeops, Choice Scarf Landorus, Fire types and Flash Fire, but Garchomp can take care of them. I plan to use this team in doubles, but I'll have to replace Feraligatr

The Mustache

I finally got all the trophies
View attachment 12651
Finished a Super Multi streak in the Battle Maison, hitting 168 wins before losing.
Here are the details: 2Y9W-WWWW-WWW7-K8TB

The Team

Charizard Charizardite Y
Ability: Solar Power/Drought
EVs: 252 SAtk, 252 Spe, 4 HP
Fire Blast
Solarbeam
Dragon Pulse
Protect

Typhlosion Choice Scarf AI
Ability: Flash Fire
Eruption
Focus Blast
Heat Wave
Extrasensory

Garchomp Lum Berry
EVs: 252 Atk, 252 Spe, 4 HP
Dragon Claw
Earthquake
Rock Slide
Sword Dance

Feraligatr Lum Berry
Ability: Sheer Force
Aqua Jet
Waterfall
Earthquake
Ice Punch

Biggest threats to the team are Aerodactyl, Archeops, Choice Scarf Landorus, Fire types and Flash Fire, but Garchomp can take care of them. I plan to use this team in doubles, but I'll have to replace Feraligatr

congratulations!

EXGShadow

Poison fan
Finally! Got the Starf Berry, with a 200 Win Streak in Super Triple battles. Took long enough, and I think I have a lifetime supply of BPs by now.

Last edited:

Nightshade Aran

Hydreigon Summoner
Daaamn I hate all the hax that goes on in this place.

As of now, my streak is 42.
My team is Lead DD Multiscale Dragonite, SD Talonflame, and Mega-Venasaur with Giga/SludgeBomb/Leech/Synthesis.

Battle 43, wtf is this
Leads with Terrakion

Terrakion takes down my Dragonite to about 2/5, and I DD'd. But nope, it's scarfed, so there goes one.

Send out Venasaur and successfully able to stall it out.

Then it sends out Cresselia. WHAT THE HELL
I know the 50th person has legendaries but I wasn't expecting prior to it...
I Leech Seed it, it Calm Minds. Psychic is a 3HKO so I can stall it out with Synthesis and Sludge Bomb.
It's a RestChesto set, so I got it down to where it Rested again and sent out Talonflame.
At this point I just Swords Dance and the Leech Seed gets it down to where I'm able to kill it.

Whew.. I might actually do this... Sends out a Zapdos, not too horrible, I guess...
I Brave Bird it, obviously not going to kill it but it brings me down to 3 HP. It Ancientpowers, and whadday'know, it gets the stats boost.
Mega Venasaur comes out and it only has Air Cutter. Judging from it's hit, it's a 3HKO, and I seeded it by that point, where I could Synthesis stall it out again.

NOPE
CRIT
WHY

And there goes my streak.

Sigh

When I was doing Super Singles, from the 40-50 streak, I fought like 6 teams of legends... it was quite nerve wrecking.

JDude042

I finally got around to adding a post to my post count, so that I can post my happenings on the Battle Maison. For the past few months, I worked really hard at trying to find the perfect team for Super Singles to get up to 200 wins in a row and get the Starf Berry. Literally after several failed attempts, I finally managed to do it last night! Prior to this, the highest streak I got was 129 wins in a row, so I've had the Lansat Berry for at least a few weeks now. I could just never get higher than that, usually due to a dumb mistake on my part, bad luck, or just being haxed by the Battle Maison. Yesterday I stomped through Battle #110 all the way up to Battle #200 against an Abomasnow, Pyroar, and Empoleon and won with minor difficulty. Getting there on the other hand was somewhat of a different story, but first let me present the team I used that finally got me there.

Kangaskhan - Kangaskhanite
Ability: Scrappy - Parental Bond
EVs: 6 HP, 252 ATK, 252 SPD
IVs: 31, 31, 31, x, 31, 31

Return
Earthquake
Fake Out
Sucker Punch

Gliscor - Toxic Orb
Nature: Impish
EVs: 252 HP, 252 DEF, 6 SP DEF
IVs: 31, 31, 31, x, 31, 31

Earthquake
Ice Fang
Toxic
Protect

Chansey - Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
Nature: Bold
EVs: 252 HP, 252 DEF, 6 SP DEF
IVs: 31, x, 31, 31, 31, 31

Seismic Toss
Counter
Toxic
Softboiled

I can tell you honestly that having to attempt the 200 win streak on several tries and failing before finally achieving it really helped me learn the Battle Maison inside and out, and to know what to expect.

Mega Kangaskhan is a god send with being able to have priority with Fake Out and Sucker Punch, and having a bulky physical and special wall to switch out to when you know Mega Kangaskhan can't safely tank & one shot the opposing Pokemon really helps keep the team in perfect harmony with each other. Mega Kangaskhan can literally 2-hit KO (technically 4-hit KO because of Parental Bond, but you know what I mean) anything with Return that doesn't resist it, barring defensive buffs, and Earthquake helps to round out the coverage against Pokemon that resist Return.

Both Gliscor and Chansey are great for sucking up those nasty status conditions, since once Gliscor gets poisoned by his Toxic Orb, sleep, paralysis, burn, and etc will not work on him and Chansey can take any of those and just switch out to remove them. Gliscor is amazing in the Toxic stalling department, and Chansey is capable of much of the same and can get around defensive buffs due to Seismic Toss. Earthquake on Gliscor is fairly standard and helps give him coverage against Poison and Steel types that are unaffected by Toxic, and Ice Fang helps round things out against Grass, Flying, Ground, and annoying Dragon types (I'm looking at you Swords Dancing Garchomp). I can literally count on both my hands the number of times I got freeze hax against the computer using Ice Fang and it help led me to a swift victory.

While I don't have much to say regarding Chansey, I will say that having Counter allowed me to get around some annoyances and get in some cheap 1-hit KOs when I needed them, especially against Pokemon that would try to buff their attack and speed. Since Chansey has such high HP, she's a perfect candidate for the move, and for the most part can even tank most fighting type moves at full HP and KO them back with Counter.

Now that I've covered that part of my endeavor, let me go back to what I was saying about knowing the Battle Maison inside and out, because it really gave me the knowledge I needed to push me ahead. When you attempt the Battle Maison, there are going to be instances where the computer will try to hax you with Pokemon that know 1-hit KO moves, and those are by far the most stressful to go up against, due to the severe nature of luck and lack of skill involved.

I had the computer throw a Donphan at me that knew Fissure, but I knew about this already and immediately switched into Gliscor anytime I saw a Donphan, since Flying types are unaffected by the move. One of the worst cases was going up against a Walrein with my Mega Kangaskhan, and the Walrein had the Brightpowder item, and was carrying the Sheer Cold move. I used Fake Out and it missed, immediately a red flag that the Walrein had the Brightpowder. Then it used Sheer Cold and missed. I used Return and knocked it down to a little less than half HP, it uses Sheer Cold again and missed. Then I finally knocked out the abomination with a second Return. One of my prior streaks was ended by that thing, so it felt great to knock it out, and I literally gave it the middle finger when it died.

I also had one my prior streaks ended by the dreaded Articuno, carrying the moves Mind Reader and Sheer Cold, which allow it to fire off a 100% accurate Sheer Cold, which is beyond unfair. This time though, this time...! I used my head and played around it by switching out my Pokemon after Articuno had used Mind Reader on it, greatly increasing my chances against its Sheer Cold move. While I did end up losing my Gliscor in the process, I was able to retaliate with Mega Kangaskhan and kill the annoying bird. Again... I gave my screen the middle finger when Articuno got knocked out.

There was also a few instances of going up against a Ferrothorn every now and then that would try to stall me with Curse or Leech Seed & Ingrain with Leftovers, which I would immediately switch into Mega Kangaskhan and just keep firing off as many Earthquakes as I could until the damned thing would finally die. Definitely an annoyance to watch out for if your team isn't prepared for it, which I admit my team isn't as capable as I might like against it.

I don't think I have much else to really say. I was hell bent on achieving my goal of getting 200 wins in a row to get the Starf Berry, and through all the bad, I stuck to it and finally won! It feels like a huge burden has been lifted from me, and it feels amazing. Now I can finally concentrate on getting the rest of the Battle Maison trophies in their respective Super battle departments, and wrapping up the last few things I need to do in the game (ex: Looker sidequest, catching Moltres, Mewtwo, and Zygarde) before Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire are released. Before I forget to mention it though, I have bought all the items and TMs in the Battle Maison, and even now I have just over 5,000 BPs, which is pretty insane. Just shows you how many attempts I made and how many battles I did.

Good luck to the rest of you who are attempting to get 200 wins in a row for the Starf Berry. Just remember that no matter how daunting it seems, with enough dedication, you can achieve anything!

Last edited:

Sutittaja

Lightning zebra
I never got bigger streak than 20, because I don't know how to continue streak. I also suck in making good competitive teams, which could have any chances to survive.

Status
Not open for further replies.