• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Battle Maison Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tytanium18

Itinerant
Tried Super Doubles today, lost at 37 the first time, and then made it all the way to 49... yes, literally 1 fight away from the Chatelaine before my whole team got OHKO'd by a Head Smashing Tyrantrum (Does that s*** ever miss?) all b/c I Fake Out/Spored the wrong guy evidently. I even bring Talonflame out as bait and Protect with it, hoping to get Amoonguss' Spore off on Tyrantrum while he follows the pretty birdy, but nope, he goes for Amoonguss. I hate wasting time more than anything, so after 2.5ish hours at this with like 4 fights that were really close calls, only to get shut down right before the boss (who I have a sure-fire strategy for), made me honestly tempted to smash my 3DS against the wall. I managed to restrain myself enough to slide it across the carpet instead, then pick it up and bash it into a pillow a couple times. Haven't been remotely that p***ed at a video game since gen 4's Battle Frontier. Used it as fuel for my workout though. :)

razor fire

Finally beat Super Rotation after re-inventing my Mime. N9SW-WWWW-WWW9-FZ6E is the battle vid, if anyone wishes to see it.

Amazing video. That was a really smooth battle.
If it isn't too much of a bother, could you please post your team build info and battle strategy? I am very much interested in using a similar setup.
Oh, and also, did you breed your team shiny?

TheMaster327

Amazing video. That was a really smooth battle.
If it isn't too much of a bother, could you please post your team build info and battle strategy? I am very much interested in using a similar setup.
Oh, and also, did you breed your team shiny?

Yup, all bred apart from my Mime, which was caught from a Mime Jr horde in Reflection Cave. Here's the team build...

Porygon2:
Ability: Trace
Item: Eviolite
Nature: Modest
IVs: 0/31/31/31/31/31 (I have a Japanese flawless Ditto I use for breeding, given to me by my good friend Storm_Dragoon [yes, it was RNG'd])
EVs: 252 HP, 252 Sp. Atk, 4 Defense
Moves: Toxic, Recover, Substitute, Shadow Ball/Ice Beam/Psychic
Comments: Generally a Toxistaller. Unfortunately it's HP IV is 0, so not ideal Sub health, but still effective. I do tend to rotate between the three attacking moves, but I settled on Shadow Ball as it's a good Gengar/fast Ghost counter (especially the Hypnosis Gengar with Shadow Ball, Dream Eater and Nightmare - just chuck a Sub out and the Gengar can't touch you)

Gorebyss:
Ability: Swift Swim
Item: White Herb
Nature: Relaxed
IVs: 26, 27 / 30 / 31 / 31 / 12 / 24
EVs: 252 Defense, 252 Sp. Def, 4 HP
Moves: Surf, Ice Beam, Shell Smash, Baton Pass
Comments: The Smashpasser to MegaCham. Can die if used incorrectly, as mine only has a Speed stat of 62 to start with. Keep it away from Intimidate users, and try to Smashpass at a safe spot.

Mr. Mime:
Ability: Filter
Nature: Docile
Item: Light Clay (found on wild Golett)
IVs: 31/31/20-28/0-5/2-10/31 (haven't checked the other IVs properly yet)
EVs: 252 HP, 252 Speed, 4 Defense
Moves: Psychic, Dazzling Gleam, Reflect, Light Screen
Comments: The Defender of All. 31 Speed IV helps Mime set up dual screens (I prefer to go Reflect first, as it's physically frail, but against all-special teams I open with Light Screen. Top up on Screens if needed, you shouldn't need to, though. Keep it mind Brick Break users, obviously.

Medicham:
Ability: Pure Power
Nature: Jolly
Item: Medichamite
IVs: 31/31/31/31/31/30
EVs: 252 Attack, 252 Speed, 4 HP
Moves: Drain Punch, Psycho Cut, Ice Punch, Thunder Punch
Comments: The Star of the Show. Not many things can stand up to this monster. After receiving a Smashpass boost and Mega Evolving, this can outspeed almost anything not Scarfed, and obliterate opponents with its incredibly versatile moveset (includes healing!). Has in effect quadruple Attack thanks to Pure Power and Shell Smash :) Biggest threat is probably Sturdy/Focus Sash Metal Bursts from Aggrons or Bastiodon, so watch out for those.

I hope this helps, Razor Fire :)

Last edited:

Mokepon22

Having a lot of trouble of trouble with Super Multi, the highest I went was to 48 w/ streak but ever since then I can hardly break into the 40s

The team I've been using is Life Orb Thundurus-T and Mega Heracross and the AI team that carried me to 48 w/ streak was Typhlosion and Serperior, do I need to change my team or do I need a better AI team?

Tytanium18

Itinerant
Finished Super Doubles last night, and had a surprisingly clean run. My strat for the Chatelaine worked as planned, using Mat Block Greninja to allow Azumarill to get a free Belly Drum and then sweep with +6 Aqua Jet. Got 3/5 trophies now. I guess I might as well go 5 for 5. Breeding Klefki, Aerodactyl, and Aromatisse for triples now.

razor fire

Yup, all bred apart from my Mime, which was caught from a Mime Jr horde in Reflection Cave. Here's the team build...

I hope this helps, Razor Fire :)

Thank you very much for posting. I am sure it will help. However, I haven't gotten around to testing it yet, as I have been having too much of a problem getting a Porygon with good enough IVs. Breeding takes forever, and there's no hope on the GTS. I have been lucky a few times around before getting pokemon with good IVs but not this time.
I also have to breed a decent enough Clamperl, which I doubt I will manage to do before Fantasy Life is released.

However, I did try out a team for the Super Double Battles. I used a trick room Dusclops and a Level 1 Aron with Endeavor to take out the opponent's pokemon. Most of the time it works, but Ghost-types tend to be quite tricky to defeat.
Anyhow, so I managed to get battle no. 44 when I lost focus of what I was doing and started spamming the A-button for just a few seconds, which ultimately led to my defeat as a Lanturn managed to paralyze my entire team before I got my head in the game again. I probably could have made it to the Chatelaine, but oh well, I suppose I'll be better off next time.

Mokepon22

Finally made it to 50 w/ streak in Super-Multi and now I have all trophies...did this all with the AI team of Flash Fire Typhlosion and Contrary Serperior :D

Was the most difficult thing in this whole game, I'm not even gonna try go past 50.

Team I used was:

Durant
Ability: Truant
Item: Choice Scarf
IVs: 31/31/31/31/x/31
Moves: Entrainment, Iron Head, X-Scissor, Rock Slide
Comments: Entrainment is just for any threats to Charizard...any rock, ground or water types. Anything else can be taken care of with the other moves. It leads off with Choice Scarf Typhlosion that almost always uses Eruption. If the opponents lead with 2 fire types I either switch to Charizard to tank the fire hits, use Entrainment to remove Flash Fire from which ever one has it or Rock Slide and bring them down to a decent amount where a full powered Eruption would finish them off. Rock Slide is also good for Focus Sash/Sturdy Pokemon.

Charizard
Ability: Blaze(Tough Claws)
Item: Charzardite X
IVs: 30 in both Atk And Spe
Moves: Dragon Claw, Flare Blitz, Earthquake, Dragon Dance
Comments: Anything that Typhlosion didn't finish off would fall to a Dragon Claw or Flare Blitz. Only run DD if I know Charizard will survive a hit or I used Entrainment before. With Entrainment on both opposing Pokemon you always get a free DD turn

PKMNOriginsRed

Pokemon Trainer
I got to a 10 win streak last night and decided to take a break, I've been getting through it with my completely normal Pikachu just spamming Thunder and Thunderbolt, and if I get KO'd I just mega evolve my Charizard and start using Inferno.

Rocxidi

The Jim Reaper
Decided to hit Super Singles with a new team. Got the 50 streak again and I feel this team might just make it to 200 someday...

Greninja @ Life Orb
Ability: Protean
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe / 4 Def
Timid Nature
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Extrasensory
- Grass Knot​

One of the most fun Pokemon to use in the Maison by far, Greninja can hit anything hard thanks to its ability and Life Orb. Surf and Ice Beam are your most reliable moves, getting great coverage, Extrasensory carries a nice Flinch chance, and Grass Knot deals with bulky Water Types that become very problematic.

Garchomp @ Lum Berry
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 SpD
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide

As one of the greatest Pokemon ever, Garchomp stands on top of the food chain, being able to set up and sweep rather easily. It can take Electric type moves that would otherwise hurt Greninja, and can switch in to Scarfed Aerodactyl, which is pretty annoying. Lum Berry wipes off any hax that lands on Garchomp.

Scizor @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 190 HP / 252 Atk / 12 Def / 8 SpD / 48 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Brick Break
- Bullet Punch

Had to swap the amazingness that is Acrobatics for recovery, and realized that I was better of going Mega. The EVs maximize Scixor's offensive potential, and give Scizor an HP stat of 169, which takes very minimal damage from Hail, Burn, etc. whilst allowing Scizor to stay bulky. Speed is added in order to outspeed bulky base 70's and bulky base 80's after Mega Evolution. Because adding more EVs wouldn't change the stats, the leftovers are dropped in Scizor's defenses. Scizor handles Ice types for Garchomp and so many other things it's unbelievable. Knock Off can be used over Brick Break but **** transfer moves.

Feel free to try this out. I've amassed nearly 2000 BP with these Pokemon in Doubles / Triples as well, so try them out.

ArtsyTrainer

I've decided to try the Battle Maison. I did a Single Battle with Sylveon, Gardevoir, and Gogoat. I got up to battle 17 and lost. It started getting hard after the 15th battle, so that probably isn't a good sign for my team. I don't know anything about IVs, or what moves work best with what Pokemon. Can I get far without paying much attention to IVs (EVs?- I'm not sure on the difference)?

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.
I've decided to try the Battle Maison. I did a Single Battle with Sylveon, Gardevoir, and Gogoat. I got up to battle 17 and lost. It started getting hard after the 15th battle, so that probably isn't a good sign for my team. I don't know anything about IVs, or what moves work best with what Pokemon. Can I get far without paying much attention to IVs (EVs?- I'm not sure on the difference)?

Nature gives a 10% boist to one stats while detracting it for anither. It really matters. IVs are "free" that go from 0 to 31 in all the stats, its better to have them than not coz the compyter will have them all on 31 on several scenarios. And evs are 63 points at level 100 asuming you trained it on a neutral nature since positive natures have jump points basicly a free point every 40 if i recall that increases the number sligthly.

They do make a difference.

Tytanium18

Itinerant
IVs are "free" that go from 0 to 31 in all the stats, its better to have them than not coz the compyter will have them all on 31 on several scenarios. And evs are 63 points at level 100 asuming you trained it on a neutral nature since positive natures have jump points basicly a free point every 40 if i recall that increases the number sligthly.
If I didn't know anything about IV's or EV's, I'd have no idea what you were talking about in that post.

ArtsyTrainer: I've decided to try the Battle Maison. I did a Single Battle with Sylveon, Gardevoir, and Gogoat. I got up to battle 17 and lost. It started getting hard after the 15th battle, so that probably isn't a good sign for my team. I don't know anything about IVs, or what moves work best with what Pokemon. Can I get far without paying much attention to IVs (EVs?- I'm not sure on the difference)?
All Pokemon in the Maison have maxed IVs (might be some Trick Room mons with a 0 in speed, idk) and the full 508 (510, but the last 2 points don't do anything) EVs, so yeah, they're important.

Basically IVs are what make 2 freshly caught Pokemon of the same species, level, and nature have different stat values. IVs can't be changed, they are fixed upon meeting in battle, receiving as a gift, or hatching from an egg, but you can pass IVs through breeding to get a Pokemon with better IVs. Each stat has an IV value between 0 and 31, the higher the number, the higher the stat can be. There's an Ace Trainer in the Kiloude Pkmn Center who can check IVs. If he says a stat "simply can't be beat!" its a 31. If he says something about it being crappy, its 0.

EVs also boost stats, and are earned through battling. Any time a Pokemon gains exp, it gains EVs.
Each Pokemon can gain a max of 510 EVs. Each stat can gain a max of 252, so the narrowest EV spread you can have is 252/252/4(6, but the last 2 points don't do anything). Every 4 EVs equals 1 point increase in a stat. So 252/4= 63. A stat can gain a max of 63 points via EVs. These points are distributed throughout the 1-100 level range, so you won't get the full benefit of EVs until lv 100, but they're still vital for the Maison @50.
Boosting items (HP Up, Protein, Carbos, etc.) give 10 EVs in a stat, but stop working after you have 100 or more EVs in that stat. Likewise the berries remove 10 EVs.
Each species of Pokemon beaten in battle gives a point to a specific stat (some mons give 1 point in 2 stats), and stronger evolutionary stages give more points. For example Geodude always gives 1 Defense EV. Graveler gives 2 Defense points, and Golem gives 3.
EV gains through battle can be increased by holding Power items purchasable at the Maison with BP. Horde battles against the right Pokemon with the right Power item equipped are a good way to earn EVs fast.

...Anyway, my main reason for posting was that I finally finished Super Triples and have 4/5 trophies. Probably not gonna do Super Multi at least for a while, b/c for me, it's just an unnecessarily tedious Super Doubles with 2 games/devices. Triples was the most difficult. Or maybe simply the most punishing to lose because 6v6 takes forever. Ended up turning off battle animation after about 5 losses. Lost a total of 6-7 times before getting to and beating the Chatelaine, the most losses for any format I've done, and made a lot of changes to my team before the end of it. Started with-
Greninja || M-Aerodactyl (middle) || Klefki
Mienshao
Amoonguss
Aromatisse

My strategy revolved around using Greninja's Mat Block when possible and Klefki's priority Safeguard on the first turn, to null out all damage and stat conditions and give Aerodactyl an opportunity to M-evolve and set up with Hone Claws, then go to town.

Made a lot of changes as I went. Aromatisse's Heal Pulse was kind of useless b/c other party members usually died before it could be used, and Trick Room was a liability for the faster members. Replaced with my Gengar from Singles. Also Amoonguss who was great for Doubles would just get smashed before he could do his job, so on my most recent victorious attempt, I brought in good ole' Garchomp who I used in Rotations.
M-Aerodactyl was a great speedy offensive member, but it's kind of a glass cannon and doesn't really benefit from its ability. Being weak against Water, Ice, Electric, and Rock in the Battle Maison feels like you're weak against literally everything. Plus there's Ice Shard, Aqua Jet, and Boolit Pawnch. I kept Aero, but stuck him in reserves, since Garchomp pretty much does everything Aero does, only better, and its still plenty fast. The final team looked like this:

Greninja || Garchomp (Middle) || Klefki
Mienshao
Gengar
M-Aerodactyl

Protean Greninja w/ Wise Glasses
Timid w/ sweeper EV spread
Scald
Dark Pulse
Protect
Mat Block

Rough Skin Garchomp w/ Yache Berry (f*** you, and f*** your ice moves)
Jolly w/ sweeper EV spread
Dragon Claw
Earthquake
Iron Head (just kinda there, its an egg move so I didn't want to drop it)
Swords Dance

Prankster Klefki w/ Air Balloon
Bold EVs: +HP, 1/2Def,1/2SpDef
Draining Kiss
Safeguard
Reflect
Swagger

Regenerator Mienshao w/ Life Orb
Jolly w/ sweeper EV spread
Drain Punch
Wide Guard
Fake Out
U-Turn

Gengar w/ Focus Sash
Timid w/ sweeper EV spread
Shadow Ball
Sludge Bomb
Thunderbolt
Destiny Bond

M-Aerodactyl w/ Aerodactylite
Jolly (why the f*** do I keep running into all these base 130+ spd mons?)
EVs: +Atk, enough Spd to outrun and 1-shot a Weavile on the first turn who is too dumb to use Ice Shard, rest in HP.
Rock Slide
Sky Drop
Earthquake
Hone Claws

Klefki turned out to be a really useful support Pokemon, just as I thought it would be. Prankster Safeguard making your team hax-proof to status effects for 5 turns is amazing. It didn't become a god-mode support mon though, until I swapped Light Clay for the Air Balloon (nobody aims for Klefki anyway, unless they're a Fire type, and fires normally get wrecked by Gren, Gar, or Aero before they can do anything. Plus fights usually don't last long enough for Reflect+ Light Clay to matter, and it doesn't affect Safeguard.), and swapped Protect for Swagger. Swagger was pivotal. Especially since after Prankster Safeguard which I used 98% of the time on turn 1, Swagger could be used either to screw up the opponent, or boost Gar or Aero's attack without becoming confused (with somewhat unreliable 90% accuracy :/ ). Needless to say, Safeguard+ Swagger made the battles go a lot faster. On some fights Gar could set up with Swords Dance behind Mat Block and Safeguard on turn 1. Priority Swagger from Klefki to boost Atk to +4 at the start of turn 2, and annihilate everything with Earthquake while Greninja and Klefki sit pretty w/ Protect and Air Balloon. Swagger again to maximize Atk and split the planet in half with another Earthquake on turn 3, switch Gren out for Gengar or Aero beforehand if I want to make the win look squeaky clean, it's game over for the other guys.

The Chatelaine ended up being easier than I thought, I think her Pokemon's relatively slow speeds and lack of priority moves were what made it less difficult in practice than on paper. The only member I lost was Klefki. I made some alterations to movesets, but the only one that really mattered in the end was swapping Garchomp's Dragon Claw for Rock Slide.

Gotta hand it to Greninja, he's taken part in all 4 Super Chatelaine victorious and been vital in 3 of them (Lets just forget for his sake about that time in Rotations where he got smashed early on and Garchomp and Latias saved the day...). For Doubles, Mat Block made it easy for Azumarill to set up Belly Drum and then sweep Raikou and Entei aside, before Greninja took care of Latios w/ Dark Pulse. For Singles Greninja made good use of Protean and switches with Gengar to dance between immunites, then checkmate with Ice Beam and Gengar's Thunderbolt, leaving neither of the duo with a single scratch on them. The only major issues Greninja ran into during Triples were being unable to use Mat Block if Jolteon, Electrode, or Accelgor were within range, in which case he could either Protect or get the heck out of there while Garchomp smashed them.

Last edited:

Nightshade Aran

Hydreigon Summoner
After taking a break for a few months from pokemon X/Y, I started playing it again and tried to finish up my trophies. A short while ago I finally managed to get the last one that had eluded me, Super Multi Battles, I did it with an AI partner, that at least showed some consideration into playing.

I used:

Greninja @ Life Orb
Nature: Timid
Ability: Protean
EVs; 6 HP | 252 SpA | 252 Spe
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Dark Pulse
- Grass Knot

Kangaskhan @ Kangaskhanite
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Scrappy -> Parental Bond
EVs; 6 Hp | 252 Atk | 252 Spe
- Return
- Fake Out
- Earthquake
- Sucker Punch

My AI Partner used:

Mienshao @ Focus sash
Nature: One with + to Speed
Ability: Inner Focus
- U-Turn
- Low Kick
- Fake Out
- High-Jump Kick

Scizor @ Life Orb
Nature: Adamant probably.
Ability: Swarm
- U-Turn
- Reversal (Never used it)
- Bullet Punch
- Swords Dance

I had watched a video of what the streak 50 girls would use, but turned out to be different pokemon that they used; one used Latias/Cobalion and the other used Thundurus/Landorus.

IMG117_zps627eb20f.jpg

Jzny

Arcanine Master
I recently managed to finally get all 5 Battle Maison statues with a bit of an admittedly strange team.

Blastoise @ Blastoisinite (Singles, Doubles, Triples, Rotation, Multi)
Ability: Rain Dish
EVs; 252 HP | 252 SpA | 6 SpD
- Water Pulse
- Dark Pulse
- Aura Sphere
- Dragon Pulse

Arcanine @ Leftovers (Doubles, Triples, Rotation)
Ability: Intimidate
EVs; 6 HP | 252 Atk | 252 Spe
- Extreme Speed
- Close Combat
- Flare Blitz
- Wild Charge

Salamence @ Focus Band (Singles, Doubles, Triples)
Ability: Moxie
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Crunch

Latios @ Weakness Policy (Triples, Rotation)
Nature: Timid
Ability: Levitate
- Dragon Pulse
- Psyshock
- Thunder Bolt
- Energy Ball

Staraptor @ Life Orb (Singles, Doubles, Triples, Rotation, Multi)
Ability: Reckless
EVs; 6 HP | 252 Atk | 252 Spe
- Double Edge
- Brave Bird
- Close Combat
- U-turn

Chandelure @ Expert Belt (Triples)
Ability: Flash Fire
- Fire Blast
- Energy Ball
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball

I used the same Pokemon for all 5 battle styles, just various different combinations of them depending on how many Pokemon I could use. Chandelure was mostly just used to fill space. All of the Pokemon had 5/6 IVs.

For Multi, my partner had a Latios and a Kingdra. I didn't record their details because they didn't do much.

The two most useful parts of this team were definitely the Mega Blastoise and Reckless Staraptor. Reckless Life Orb Staraptor can take down a surprising amount of stuff in one hit.

Last edited:

moltres1993

Hi! I have a question about ribbons in the Battle Maison. I want to get the expert battler ribbon for some of my favourite Pokemon, but the problem is they're not all that strong and probably won't stand much of a chance against the chatelaines at the 50 battle mark. So here's my question: If I put 3 'good' Pokemon in my battle box to use in the 50th battle, then put my favourite Pokemon in the other 3 slots, will the three who weren't entered into the battle also get the ribbon due to being in the same box? If this doesn't make sense please let me know and I'll try my best to clarify XD Thanks!

moltres1993

To answer my own question, I ended up getting past 50 in the Super Singles in the Maison, and only the Pokemon entered into the 50th battle were awarded the ribbon. So the other three didn't end up getting the ribbon. Oh well!

WhyBuffet

Pokémon Breeder
Is it just me, or is the Battle Maison (and all iterations of it so far) based a lot on luck?
I try and try so hard to get to a 50- or 100-win streak, only to have the one Pokémon that could possibly stop me show up.
I swear one time I was battling and the literal only thing that could stop all three of my Pokémon was a Focus Sash Froslass, and guess what I ran into?

Tried the Super Single Challenge last night with Talonflame, Mega Venusaur and Zapdos.
Ran into a Aerodactyl which I thought I could easily handle.
Unfortunately his Rock Slides decide to flinch my pokemon 4 times in a row!!!! OMG...

Reimius

I just defeated Single Battle first time. My team: Drapion, Rotom-W and Gardevoir.

The battle against Battle Chatelaine was surprisingly easy. First it was my Drapion vs her Purugly. My Drapion used Swords Dance and her Purugly used Hypnosis. My Drapion went to sleep but only for a while thanks to Lum Berry. After that my Drapion did OHKO against all of her pokemon. Next I'm going to try Double Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.