• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Battle Maison

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedBlastoise

Cerulean Blues
The Battle Maison facility was present in XY and ORAS. In here you could do single, double, triple, rotation and multi battles to start forming winning streaks and you would get BP at the end of each battle you won. Once you hit a win streak of 20 you could battle the Battle Chatelaines.

Did you battle in the Battle Maison often? What did you think of it?

Leonhart

Imagineer
I enjoyed this facility because unlike previous ones, you could win Battle Points after each battle instead of having to defeat seven trainers in a row. I also thought that the Chatelaines were easier to defeat than the bosses of earlier battle facilities.

RedBlastoise

Cerulean Blues
I enjoyed this facility because unlike previous ones, you could win Battle Points after each battle instead of having to defeat seven trainers in a row. I also thought that the Chatelaines were easier to defeat than the bosses of earlier battle facilities.

I never beat all 4 Battle Chatelaines just Morgan and Evelyn. I thought that these girls were really easy to beat too and I liked their designs more than the Subway Masters'.

Leonhart

Imagineer
RedBlastoise said:
I never beat all 4 Battle Chatelaines just Morgan and Evelyn. I thought that these girls were really easy to beat too and I liked their designs more than the Subway Masters'.

I defeated them all, although it took a while because I only challenged the Battle Maison in X/Y and OR/AS on rare occasions when I was bored, so winning enough battles to face the Chatelaines wasn't my main priority when playing those games. I just realized that the names of the Chatelaines are based on times of the day, which is amusing.

Leonhart

Imagineer
KyogreThunder said:
I was disappointed that in OR/AS, it replaced the Battle Frontier, though.

A lot of people were upset regarding that, although I was at least glad that the Frontier Brain battle theme from Emerald was used while battling the Chatelaines in OR/AS.

I'm more of a Battle Tower kind of guy so I didn't think that Maison was that good. It was a cheap replacement for the Frontier in ORAS and it really ticked me off. I beat all four chatelaines but they weren't a challenge anyway so they were easy wins.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Unpopular opinion but I liked the Battle Maison way more than the Gen 3 Battle Frontier. Just felt far more fun to me. I like the Battle Chatelaines’ designs and wish they got more recognition. I also beat all of them in both XY & ORAS.

TwilightBlade

The only good parts about the Maison were the chatelaines and the fact that winning battle points got a lot easier in Gen 6 than in past generations. I think I liked the Battle Chateau more than the Battle Maison.

Leonhart

Imagineer
TwilightBlade said:
The only good parts about the Maison were the chatelaines and the fact that winning battle points got a lot easier in Gen 6 than in past generations. I think I liked the Battle Chateau more than the Battle Maison.

In some ways the Battle Chateau was better since you could earn experience and money from battling the trainers there, but I think the Battle Maison is ultimately more useful because it's the only place in X/Y where you can earn BP if I remember correctly.

Sakuyamon

I beat all the girl bosses at the Maison when I played Y a long time ago and I remember getting a long win streak until I faced an opponent who spammed status conditions and they totally ruined my streak.

Status
Not open for further replies.