1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Battle Mistakes

Discussion in 'General Pokémon Discussion' started by PerseusRad, Mar 25, 2012.

1. PerseusRad

PerseusRad I see you. And you.

Just post missteps you have had during a battle. In a 4th gen. match I was battling a friend with Rayquaza and Groudon. I didn't know why Solarbeam had to be charged. :p

If there is a thread like this, please close this one.

2. Enjyu

Enjyu Made In China.

I used to think dark Pokemon were weak to psychic.

3. PerseusRad

^Wow.

Another one I had is I thought Whitney's Miltank's Rollout wouldn't hit my Noctowl.

4. DarkCharizard2

DarkCharizard2 Vae Victis

I used to always wonder why my Infernape's Close Combat would not hit Mismagius.......

5. Katipunero

Katipunero Eye in the Sky

I wasn't paying attention to the battle I had yesterday with my friend. Because of that, I kept using earthquake on Eelektross for about 4 to 5 times.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2012
  6. ~Kari~

~Kari~ Well-Known Member

I was battling against a trainer in-game, and they sent out a Machamp. I forgot I was battling a trainer and tried to catch the thing for about 20 turns until I remembered it wasn't wild.

7. Paddy185

Paddy185 Landbro T is cool :)

I used to think Rock types were strong against Steel types. Commence immense confusion to me when Rock Slide did nothing to Byron's Steelix.

8. Celtic Origins

Celtic Origins Active Member

I was about to get a 21 streak at the battle subway yesterday when I took my eye of the screen and used toxic instead of protect leading to my loss.

9. MonkeyX

MonkeyX Well-Known Member

For the longest time I thought Grass was weak to Psychic. I didn't get why my Venusaur seemed to be the only Grass type that Psychic moves were effective against......

10. Enjyu

Enjyu Made In China.

I used to think rock resists rock. I'm still suprised that it doesn't...

11. TeamRocketGrunt

TeamRocketGrunt WobbWobbWobb Wobrudo

Why isn't electric super effective on steel?! Steels a great conductor!

12. Not_A_Cyberbully

Not_A_Cyberbully Claimed Gabite

I clicked on explosion instead of earthquake. There had been a Steel type in the battle.

13. Enjyu

Enjyu Made In China.

I also couldn't find the weakness to dark after I found out that it wasn't weak to psychic...I was very stupid way back then. I didn't know how to use google...

14. Missingno.Fan

Missingno.Fan Well-Known Member

I remember when Steel types first came out I thought that they were weak to Water.

15. PsiOmega

PsiOmega Some donkus

Yesterday, I was against Wallace. He was using his Tentacruel, I with my Gardevoir. He used 3... FRICKIN'... FULL RESTORES!!! Then my Gardevoir ran out of PP, and she got KOed... stupid Emerald AI.

16. Enjyu

Enjyu Made In China.

Gardevoirs psychic didn't ko it?

17. PerseusRad

He might not have had it. It also could have been very weak.

18. Enjyu

Enjyu Made In China.

No psychic on gardevoir? That's like pancakes without syrup. Or McDonald's with no big Mac. (yes i realize big macs are disgusting..)

19. Knappster

Knappster New Member

Didn't figure out that Grass wasn't weak to Psychic until about a month ago.. I've been playing Pokemon since Crystal. >_>

20. Enjyu

Enjyu Made In China.

Hahaha nice. That was probably because you fought venasaur and psychic was super effective. Poison is weak to psychic.