• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Battle Mistakes

MegaSerperior

<--- My life
I always forget about the stupid ability known as Levitate. When I see a Gengar I'll send out my Dragonite thinking "Gengar's part poison so I should be able to KO it using Earthquake!" Then when it doesn't do anything I get mad and end up getting locked into Outrage.

I also tend to forget the typing of certain pokemon like Flygon and such.

blackterravolt

Penguin Lover
I accidentally used Focus Blast on a Mismagius using my Gengar. -__-

Neekerisanni123

Kanbei <3 _ <3
I sometimes forget the enemy pokémon's types. Which results in me using Ice Beam on an Omastar, thinking it'll be normally effective, instead of using Surf, because I thought that Omastar was resistant to Water. Believe me, that has happened SO many times it's not even funny anymore. <_>
And there are times when I forget what abilities certain pokémon can have, and accidentally end up using an Electric-type attack against a Lanturn or something like that.

*sigh*

thatjeremykid

.Memento.Mori.
because of Gengar, i thought for a long time that ghost and psychic beat each other. damn poison type second typing.

Zachmac

because of Gengar, i thought for a long time that ghost and psychic beat each other. damn poison type second typing.
Because of Butterfree/Scyther, I always thought bug was weak to ice.

Bugs being weak to ice makes sense, right? That's why they never show up in the winter...

Also, whenever my Reuniclus sees a Terrakion, I make it use Focus Blast instead of Psychic.

Last edited:

Enjyu

Made In China.
Yeah that makes sense...

Btw I think your sig is broken :(.

This is kinda random but I remember in gen 1 psychic was overpowered way too much. That's why they made dark I think.

Bug should also be weak to water if you put it that way. Dump a glass of water and watch it drown....then again water would beat everything but flying...

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Why isn't electric super effective on steel?! Steels a great conductor!

That's a very good question. Maybe because electricity doesn't damage steel, but intense heat...ah screw it

octoboy

I Crush Everything
Because of Butterfree/Scyther, I always thought bug was weak to ice.

Bugs being weak to ice makes sense, right? That's why they never show up in the winter...

*checks type chart*

*facepalms*

I didn't know ice didn't beat bug until just now. X_X And I'm the one who chuckles at people who think electric moves can't hit aerodactyl or omastar.

I think one of my memorable screw-ups in the fray was how long it took me to figure out what things couldn't be hit by ground moves. I just didn't understand why my marshtomp's mud slap kept missing those swellows. It isn't like it's an earthquake, I thought to myself, you can get hit by this by not being on the ground.

Though I still think it's kind of nonsensical that a bonemerang will always miss pidgeotto just because. It's being thrown through the air, after all.

Zachmac

I remember the first time I saw Soodowoodo at the sevi islands in FireRed. I sent my Pidgeot against it. Speaking of which, I always thought Pineco was a grass type. It's type match up didn't help much either.

Darn camouflage.
Btw I think your sig is broken .
Don't worry about that, it's easily fixed.

Sidewinder

Ours is the Fury
I was battling against a trainer in-game, and they sent out a Machamp. I forgot I was battling a trainer and tried to catch the thing for about 20 turns until I remembered it wasn't wild.

Yeah same thing happened to me. I was trying to catch a Altaria instead of a Machamp however, and I didn't stop at 20 pokeballs haha

☭Secret_Shocker☭

I seriously thought water was effective at steel since water does make steel rust... silly me.

Ultimate Champion

The Great Pokémon Master
On Pokémon Online, my Lugia once used Thunder Wave against a Porygon2 which had Traced my Espeon's Magic Bounce previously, leading to my Lugia paralyzing itself, as I had forgotten about Porygon2's previously-Traced Ability.

Yesterday, I was battling a ghost type in the Elite Four because I was training my Gliscor with Exp. Share the accidentally, my Reshiram used Hyper Voice... Good thing Reshiram was at Level 100 and didn't die. ;)

Crimson101

Cooler Than Red
Well I was battling against a haxorus with my Bronzong. I was sure I could wall it. I didn't even put Mold Breaker into consideration, but I guess I learned my lesson :p

jstinftw!

hey trainer
I've been testing out my new Intimivolt-Turn team, and it was a Claydol vs. my Milotic. I figured I could Scald it, but I wanted it to be get Marvel Scale up, so I went for ResTalk. It was unneeded, as I would have been able to either OHKO or 2HKO it with Scald, or phase out its Calm Minds with Dragon Tail, but I decided that I wanted it, so I had to do it.

Lost Milotic (and the match) because I spent about 4 turns just trying to get ResTalk to work. Big mistake. XP

Morty05

Ghost-type trainer
I don't see how fighting damages steel either. I mean, obviously superman is the only one who can break it.

that's what fighting types are "super Human." heck that is why one of their move is called " super power"
that is reason why steel risists normal

normal attack- normal power

fighting- super power.

Avizion

Aiming For The Top
Fought against contrary Spinda and was just letting things die even though I had a Blastoise with roar all the time.....