• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Battle Mistakes

KingWiggins

When I pull out Gengar and when I forgot Will-o-Wisp does NOT affect Fire type pokemon...

Archangel Azazel

Fallen Angel
Trying to attack a normal type with a ghost type attack once -_- alder's bouffalant against my chandelure. I used Shadow Ball and nothing happened and I was like "Oh wait.." also another bouffalant that had sap sipper against my serperior. I couldn't figure it out why it wasn't working X.X

Weedul

On Pokémon Silver I was stuck against my rival after the second gym. He had a bayleef so I caught a geodude thinking grass attacks wouldn't hurt his rocky body very much. I was wrong.

Shade2000

Shade in Shades
i though that pidgey was a ground type and always i used surf on it and evos instead of ice fang, how stupid
once i was doing this wifi match and i was pretty evenly matched, we only had one pokemon each left, my samurott nad hiss sawk, both on red health, i forget that sawk have sturdy and use hydro pump, i takes it down to one hp, and i get put in dust by his attack, aww how i facepalmed

Atratus

Antimatter Trainer
I used to think rock types were immune to electric attacks (Because all the ground types in gen 1 were also rock typed). It took me a long time to understand how my Aerodactyl got hit by Thunderbolts.

OshyHikari

c l a r i t y
i though that pidgey was a ground type and always i used surf on it and evos instead of ice fang, how stupid
once i was doing this wifi match and i was pretty evenly matched, we only had one pokemon each left, my samurott nad hiss sawk, both on red health, i forget that sawk have sturdy and use hydro pump, i takes it down to one hp, and i get put in dust by his attack, aww how i facepalmed

I feel sorry for you, it looks like you forgot about abilities.

Le_Juston

One day at a time.
In firered, I had my charmeleon and charizard use cut on the machop line because I thought it would cut their muscles and make them weaker.

~Darkfire~

Quite funny at times
No matter how many times I use a ghost attack on a normal type, and it doesn't affect them, I still make that mistake. Every time.

Enjyu

Made In China.

You thought pidgey, a bird, was ground .wow. I have seen it all now...

I used to think spiritomb had a weakness..I always tried psychic or shadow ball but nothing ever worked...

AwesomeReshiram93

THE MANNIS ARISES
Used Toxic on a Steel type. Also when I was new to the games I thought I could beat Gyarados with Grass type moves....

JustifiedTerrakion

Terrakion rage!
I was playing Pearl when I was younger and I always wondered why my Infernape's Close Combat wasn't hitting Candice's Froslass...

cape

[insert title here]
regularly use Toxic on a Poison-type...and Leech Seed on a Grass-type
i can't believe how forgetful i'm

Navarch

It was my Empoleon vs. Cynthia's Garchomp. I misclicked and used Flash Cannon instead of Ice Beam. *Facepalm*