• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Battle Mistakes

abrar14

Statter Master
Using Thunderwave on a ground type >.>

Zachmac

Whenever I fight a Rotom-W with my Haxorus, I always use Outrage instead of EQ...and it has mold breaker.

Schade

Metallic Wonder
I was clueless why on earth my Haxorus could damage my Eelektross with Earthquake during a double battle.

Stuff like this happens to me all the time when I'm doing wifi battles. I used to try to battle there while I was doing something else online, and I ended up losing more. I also once thought psychic-type moves were strong against bug-types.

Romain

Err'body Luv Mama!
The amount of times I've been casually just entered a battle and begin spamming a move without checking the screen... The type matchup being a disadvantage or not even affecting the opponent.

Dancing Togekiss

Anyway, I sent my Articuno out against Bruno's Steelix. I didn't know ice was weak to steel. ^_^'

Wait a second, WHAT? I thought ice was STRONG against steel? Thanks, you probably just saved me from having my very own battle mistake sometime in the future.

Well anyway I once sent my chandelure against Shauntels chandelure and forgot about the flash fire ability. I didn't hurt her when I used flame burst but than she killed me with shadow ball because I also forgot ghost type moves were weak against other ghost type moves. It wasn't my best day.

Last edited:

Schade

Metallic Wonder
Accidently used Thunderbolt agaist a Ground-Type... Ups.. Got Earthquake'd

John Wallrein

I am the walrein
All the time I'll be in a hurry and just keep clicking A. Thus leading to me ending up accidently selecting an awful move choice, and getting KO'd :p

OshyHikari

c l a r i t y
Wait a second, WHAT? I thought ice was STRONG against steel? Thanks, you probably just saved me from having my very own battle mistake sometime in the future.

Well anyway I once sent my chandelure against Shauntels chandelure and forgot about the flash fire ability. I didn't hurt her when I used flame burst but than she killed me with shadow ball because I also forgot ghost type moves were weak against other ghost type moves. It wasn't my best day.

Shauntal's Chandelure has Flame Body, not Flash Fire.

SasoriSand

Master of Sand
Thinking that Ice was supereffective against Rock... Therefore sendingout my Weavile against a Terrakion thinking that Ice Shard would KO -.-

Thinking that Probopass was Steel/Ground making me use Water types instead of Fighting >.>

Forgetting that Excadrill was part Steel (SERIOUSLY WHAT PART OF IT IS STEEL!?) thus sending out my Sawsbuck against it and then watching as Horn Leech barely do anyting.

OshyHikari

c l a r i t y
Thinking that Ice was supereffective against Rock... Therefore sendingout my Weavile against a Terrakion thinking that Ice Shard would KO -.-

Thinking that Probopass was Steel/Ground making me use Water types instead of Fighting >.>

Forgetting that Excadrill was part Steel (SERIOUSLY WHAT PART OF IT IS STEEL!?) thus sending out my Sawsbuck against it and then watching as Horn Leech barely do anyting.

Excadrill, has its body form into a drill with metal features, which is why it's part Steel-type.

You seem to have forgotten about types again.

JSkuls16

I was battling my friend and he sent out his Haxorus against my Metagross, knowing that my friend was going to use earthquake I switched to my Flygon because of levitate... forgot about mold breaker... that battle did not end well for me.

PsiOmega

An old soul
Forgetting that Psyshock deals physical damage. So when my Ninetales was up against Muk, I had no idea why Psyshock was doing so little.

OshyHikari

c l a r i t y
Forgetting that Psyshock deals physical damage. So when my Ninetales was up against Muk, I had no idea why Psyshock was doing so little.

You should know that Muk is a defensive tank.

I was battling my friend and he sent out his Haxorus against my Metagross, knowing that my friend was going to use earthquake I switched to my Flygon because of levitate... forgot about mold breaker... that battle did not end well for me.

Everyone who uses Haxorus competitively always want the Mold Breaker ones.

Zachmac

You should know that Muk is a defensive tank.

Everyone who uses Haxorus competitively always want the Mold Breaker ones.
They are already aware of their mistakes, that's why they're posting here in the first place. No need to explain it to them.