• Hi all
    Just a notice, we recently discovered that someone got into a moderator account and started hard deleting a load of key and legacy threads...around 150 threads have been lost dating back to 2007 and some weeks ago so we can't roll the forums back.
    Luckily no personal data could be accessed by this moderator, and we've altered the permissions so hard deleting isn't possible in the future
    Sorry for any inconvenience with this and sorry for any lost posts.
  • Hi all. We had a couple of reports of people's signatures getting edited etc. in a bad way. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and nobody has compromised any of our databases.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar passwords to elsewhere which has been accessed, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords, and two-factor authentication if you are able. Make sure you're as secure as possible
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Battle Mistakes

Lightning Dragon

LIGHTNING FLIGHT!!!!
Before, I never knew that Bug was super effective against Dragon.

Really???
Not much for me its quite rare for me to use moves that have no affect on a certain type

Schade

Metallic Wonder
"I knew I should have healed that round...."

Syrus

Praise the Sun!
Ohhh I've had a few of these.

Simple mistakes are the worst; e.g.; momentarily forgetting a Toxicroak's x4 weakness to Psychic Style or a Charizard's x4 to Rock.

I call them 'derp moments'. ¬_¬

emboarrocks

#1 emboar fan
I used toxic on a poison heal breloom. *facepalm*

Sunset Star

The DS Gamer
In Platinum, I was fighting Aron's Drapion, and I sent out my Espeon called Stevey. I chose some Psychic-type move, forgetting that Drapion was part Dark-type. Stevey the Espeon proceeded to be OHKO'd, and then I wondered why I didn't get him to use Hyper Beam instead.​

songani

Star Trainer
this just happen to me like right now. i was facing elite four in white. with the fighting type dude and my kyurem vs metagross. i used strenghth on it. idk why. *facepalm*

Jonah the Slaking

Couch-bound Warrior
I don't have these two often but one of my recent ones is this.

I was battling in Ubers, and I had a Latios vs. a Darkrai. It was at +2 Special Attack, and Sleep Clause was on with my Groudon asleep. Expecting Dark Void...I used Magic Coat.

Guess who got OHKO'd in the same turn.

FieryLucario

Just a Person
When I played Pearl I used to think Milotic was ice type, so when i challenged Cynthia i used my Infernape against it
And when i first started playing Pokemon i used to think water was weak to ice

JoshuaMunoz

Blue Goo.
This was just today, I went for HP [ice] on Vileplume using my Choice Specs Zebstrika, it was both of our last Pokemon. I didnt know it was FRICKIN HP [GRASS]!! Well, at least you know who lost today :S

The Outcast

Terminate421
It's not uncommon for me to accidently hit my stat boosting move twice.

If It succeeds (I live), then thats a bonus.

If it fails, well then I'm usually a goner.

MagmaGruntTéa

Girl with the 3DS
While playing Pokemon Black and White I kept mixing up Pansage, Pansear, and Panpour. I still do and facepalm everytime.