• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Battle of Hoenn Online Competition (Sign-ups 01/15/15)

jstinftw!

hey trainer
detail_en_ffb2f660-9864-4162-83bc-12df2f2ff148.jpg

Compete with Pokémon caught in the Hoenn Region in the latest Online Competition!

Test the Pokémon you've caught in Pokémon Omega Ruby and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire in the Battle of Hoenn Online Competition! You'll compete in Single Battles using only Pokémon listed in the Hoenn Pokédex.

Sign-Up Period
Thursday, January 15, 2015, at 00:00 UTC through Thursday, January 22, 2015, at 23:59 UTC
• You must sign up during this period in order to be able to participate in the competition.
• You may sign up for the competition once per game registered to your PGL account.

Competition Period
Friday, January 23, 2015, at 00:00 UTC through Sunday, January 25, 2015, at 23:59 UTC

Participant Limit
50,000 (limit subject to change; first come, first served)

Age Divisions
Junior/Senior Division: Born 2000 or later
Junior Division players are limited to playing between 6 a.m. and 11 p.m., based on the eastern-most time zone in each player’s country.
Masters Division: Born 1999 or earlier

Ranking Results Announcement
Friday, January 30, 2015 (announcement time subject to change)

Compatible Games
Pokémon Omega Ruby and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire

Competition Rules
• This competition uses Single Battle format.
• Players may use Pokémon found only in the Hoenn Pokédex of Pokémon Omega Ruby or Pokémon Alpha Sapphire, excluding Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, Jirachi, and Deoxys.
• Players may use only Pokémon found, caught, hatched from an Egg, or received through a special promotion in Pokémon Omega Ruby, Pokémon Alpha Sapphire, Pokémon X, or Pokémon Y.
• Pokémon brought over from Pokémon Black, Pokémon White, Pokémon Black 2, or Pokémon White 2 via Poké Transporter cannot participate in this competition.
• Register 3–6 of your Lv. 1–100 Pokémon to your Battle Box.
• All Pokémon above Lv. 50 in this competition will automatically become Lv. 50 for the duration of each match.
• Only three of the Pokémon you register to your Battle Box can be used during each match.
• A 30-minute time limit for each match will automatically be enforced in-game, beginning at the start of each battle. If the outcome has not been determined when the time limit expires, the game will automatically apply tiebreakers to determine a winner.
• At the beginning of each battle, players have 90 seconds to select three Pokémon with which to battle.
• At the beginning of each turn, players have 60 seconds to select a move or change the Pokémon in battle. If a player has not made his or her selections at the end of this period, the game will automatically make selections for the player.
• Players may battle up to 10 games per day of the competition. Any unplayed games will carry over to the following day. A new day begins at 00:00 UTC.
• For additional details, please come back to check the competition’s regulations page when registration opens.

Participation Requirements
• A Pokémon Trainer Club membership
• A wireless Internet connection
• A Pokémon Omega Ruby or Pokémon Alpha Sapphire game with a Game Sync ID registered in the Pokémon Global Link (PGL)
• The birth date you have registered in your Pokémon Trainer Club account will determine the age division in which you play. If it’s discovered during the competition that your birth-date information is incorrect, you may be disqualified from the competition and future competitions.
Source.

SPPF Participants
Let us know you'll be playing! Fill up the form below! (note: I will do my very best to actually stay up to date, but it will still depend on my free time and availability. Do trust that all teams will eventually be up.)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SPPF Registration Form:
(Note: Don't be lazy guys! If I have to click through multiple links to get the information I need, you should probably post them yourselves. That is extra work for me. Also, please please please fill out the entire form.)

OT: (Your in-game character's name)
Trainer Avatar: (What is your player character registered as? Poke Fan, Expert, Ace Trainer, etc...)
Age Division: (Junior/Senior Division: Born 2000 or later / Masters Division: Born 1999 or earlier)
Friend Code: (Your 3DS Friend Code!)
Team: (What team will you be using? Don't know? Tell us when you figure it out!)
Nicknames: (What do you nickname your Pokemon? TPCi may not let us see it, but that doesn’t mean we can’t!)

ex.

NiZLItj.png

Pokemon Trainer Wally (Wally)
Senior Division
1234 5678 9101
From Petalburg City, Hoenn.

Wally’s Team
407.png
663.png
184.png
462.png
445.png
475-m.png

|Elizabethan|Baron|Paul|Einstein|Dracongard|Duke|

An awesome spreadsheet that you can keep track of your battles with!

---------------------------------------------

And that's it!
Feel free to discuss anything in relation to the tournament;
your teams, your strategies, your thoughts, practice battles, requests, trades, all of it!

Good luck in the tournament, trainers!
May your battles be ever in your favor!

Silver7279

OT: Silver
Trainer Avatar: Ace Trainer
Friend Code: 3540 1599 4478
Age Division: Senior
Team: Gallade, Skarmory, Torkoal (Smokey), Altaria, Ninjask, Swampert
Soz for lack of nicknames, didn't have the time to think about it

Emperor Empoleon

Honor of Kalos
OT: John
Trainer Avatar: Pokemon Ranger
Age Division: Masters
Friend Code: 0817-3832-2100
Team: Blaziken ~ Roserade ~ Milotic ~ Armaldo ~ Mega Mawile ~ Regice
Nicknames: Juan (Milotic) ~ Frozen (Regice)

In honor of the Battle Frontier, I will fight valiantly with their theme music! Huzzah!

Last edited:

Bkdevil

Breeding Addict
OT: Saphira
Trainer Avatar: Ace Trainer
Age Division: Masters Division
Friend Code: 5129-1958-5019
Team: Salamence, Blaziken, Ludicolo
Nicknames: Salamence - Saphira, Blaziken - BlazenChiken, Ludicolo - Nuphar

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
OT: Devin
Trainer Avatar: Rich Boy
Age Division: Masters Division
FC: 3652-1012-6122
Team: Altaria (mega), Machamp, Latios, Breloom, Tentacreul, Sableye
Nicknames: none

dark1raven3

Pokemon breeder
OT: Raven
Trainer Avatar: Hex maniac
Friend Code: 2981-5742-9029
Age Division: Master
Team: Absol/Swampert/ Mega Metagross (shiny)/starmie/roserade/mega latias(shiny)
Nicknames: Metagross= Sterling / Latias= cordelia

mew 2000

Shiny Celebi
AM I the only one having a problem finding someone to battle? Did everyone just up and leave all at once in a single day?

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
AM I the only one having a problem finding someone to battle? Did everyone just up and leave all at once in a single day?

Most people only played for the Tyrunt so probably, last time I played it was already winding down. :/

corpy

Blackest-Mamba
Little late adding this info as I already wrapped my campaign up but why not:

OT: Corpy
Trainer Avatar: Ace trainer
Age Division: Masters
Friend Code: 1564-3276-1388
Team: Azumarill, Walrein, Salamence (mega), Breloom, Dusclops, Blaziken.
Nicknames respectively: Azuro, Walloon, Dragonder, Doombroom, Santaclops and Combust.

Final result 23 wins and 7 losses should be around the 1700 ranking points mark.