• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Battle of the Masters!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dragontamer44722

Pokegyms Owner
the tournament has BEGUN! You have one week to complete all of your rounds to qualify for the prizes. Good luck!

And just a reminder, you pick only 4 of your pokemon to battle, NOT 6. Please remember that!

Also, something else that was brought to my attention is that Strict Rules required battling at Lvl 100. You do NOT need to battle at lvl 100, lvl 50 is fine so long as the other rules are followed

Last edited:

Cutty

Forever now
Round #1, Sito
Cutty win 2-0
Rate your performance: 8/10
Rate opponents' performance: 8/10
Constructive comments about the match: got lucky w/ burn that sealed my win. Gg :)

Round 2, Juffate
Cutty win 2-0
Constructive comments about the match: Its good to battle you again. I say we're balanced. Gg :)

Round 3, DT
DT win 3-1
Rate your performance: 6/10
Constructive comments about the match: Anticlimax of my first two battles. Gg :)

Round 4, meliekpi
Pi win 2-0
Constructive comments about the match: Well. I tried. Almost wanna try protect again who knows work second time. Me loves haxes. Gg*:)

Round 5, Marashu
Marashu win 0-0
Constructive comments about the match: I only Hydro pump failed one time. Gg :)

Well I have finished all my battle early. I still can help if you need an opponent.

Last edited:

dragontamer44722

Pokegyms Owner
This will be the post I use for my results

Round #, Opponent: 1, Juffate
Victor, Score: Me, 4-0
Rate your performance: 7/10
Rate opponents' performance: 5/10
Constructive comments about the match: A nice assortment of pokemon, but I can't help but feel some of the moves you used were misdirected. I think that had you gone after my mega you would have done better.

Round #, Opponent: 2, Cutty
Victor, Score: Me, 3-1
Constructive comments about the match:A good battle! Had I not defeated one of his first pokemon I really would have been in trouble.

Round #, Opponent :3, Artorius
Victor, Score: Artorius, 1-3
Rate your performance: 6/10
Constructive comments about the match: I was pretty much outplayed from the start, but it was still fun.

Round #, Opponent : 4, Marashu
Victor, Score: Me, 2-0
Constructive comments about the match: A very fun match with a very solid team idea, kinda sad I didn't think of it myself xD

Round #, Opponent: 5, TwinYoshi
Rate opponents' performance: 6/10
Constructive comments about the match: My lead set up really screwed you up, and it didn't help that my Mega resisted most of your mons. Was still fun.

Last edited:

twinyoshi45

The CryptKeeper
Signing in ready to take some battles!

Round #1, Opponent: Meliekpi
Victor, Score: Meliekpi 3-0
Constructive comments about the match: my team was not ready for that one member of yours lol, GG!

Round #2, Opponent: Artorius
Victor, Score: Artorius 2-0
Rate opponents' performance: 7/10
Constructive comments about the match: an unfortunate burn on one of my physical attacker left my only win condition useless, GG!

Round #3, Opponent: Dragontamer
Victor, Score: Dragontamer, 4-0
Rate your performance: 2/10
Constructive comments about the match: my only hope of dealing with your lead mega was my mega but I lost the speed tie and thus it was over before it really got started, GG!

Round #4, Opponent: Cryuel
Victor, Score: Cryùel 3-0
Constructive comments about the match: the one mon strikes again.... I really need to pay more attention to the pokemon allowed apparently

Last edited:
Signing in! Gonna try and get all 5 of my battles done today so I'll be sending out vm's/pm's all day.
---

Round #1, Opponent: TwinYoshi45
Victor, Score: Meliekpi 3-0
Constructive comments about the match: Moves were somewhat straight forward throughout match. I think I had it purely off team comp so that sucks. GG either way though!

Round #2, Opponent: juffate
Victor, Score: Meliekpi 4-0
Constructive comments about the match: Had couple of big threats to my team. Was able to tough it out pretty well though. GG!

Round #3, Opponent: Cutty
Victor, Score: Meliekpi 2-0
Rate your performance: 9/10
Rate opponents' performance: 9/10
Constructive comments about the match: Wow that was incredibly close. Really really tough calls to make with switches and potential hax. Very good game.

Last edited:

Marashu

Sign-in post!
Round #1, Opponent: Juffate
Victor, Score: Marashu 3-0
Constructive comments about the match: I had control for pretty much the whole match. GG

Round #2, Opponent: Cutty
Victor, Score: Marashu 0-0
Constructive comments about the match: I made a serious misplay turn 1 that almost cost me the entire game. Well played, Cutty!

Round #3, Opponent: Artorius
Victor, Score: Marashu 2-0
Rate your performance: 7.5/10
Constructive comments about the match: Very strong team! I feel like if I hadn't brought the team I brought, I would have lost. Early-game predictions helped my victory.

Round #4, Opponent: Dragontamer
Victor, Score: Dragontamer 2-0
Constructive comments about the match: Should have preserved better - not getting certain moves up cost me huge! Also should have used a different mon in the back. Good game!

Round #5, Opponent: Shoveler
Victor, Score: Marashu, 1-0
Rate your performance: 8.5/10
Constructive comments about the match: Phew! This one was way too close for comfort? I did alright early game, but my late game choices were not very good at all! Making one different switch, one different play, and I would have been done!

Last edited:

LeafeonTheVoid

New changes
Sign-in post. :)

Round #1, Opponent: Artorias
Victor, Score: Artorias, 0-3
Rate your performance: 2/10
Constructive comments about the match: Not much to say, I was totally owned and out of practice. XD GG

Round #2, Opponent: dragontamer
Victor, Score: dragontamer, 0-3
Rate your performance: 3/10
Constructive comments about the match: First turn was bad on my part. Nicely played by my opponent, GG

Round #3, Opponent: TheShoveler
Victor, Score: TheShoveler, 0-4
Rate your performance: 5/10
Constructive comments about the match: Good match! I made a bad switch that ultimately cost me the game.

Last edited:

dragontamer44722

Pokegyms Owner
Here for a few more battles if anyone is around. Shoot me a pm!

edit: finished my rounds but still willing to battle people I haven't fought yet.

These results don't count towards my score, instead they are for people who needed opponents.

Round #, Opponent: na, TheShoveler
Constructive comments about the match: I think a very unlucky switch on your part cost you a mon early. Had I not used a super effective move on it as it switched the game would have ended differently I think. Still fun, gg!

Round #, Opponent: LeafeontheVoid
Victor, Score: Me, 3-0
Constructive comments about the match: A good match. Picking off one of your leads really helped, had it done its job the battle would have been a LOT harder. GG!

Last edited:
Round #1, Opponent: DT
Victor, Score: Artorius 3-1
Constructive comments about the match: GG

Round #2, Opponent: Marashu
Victor, Score: Marashu 2-0

Round #3, Opponent: Twin
Victor, Score: Artorius 2-0

Round #4, Opponent: LeafeontheVoid
Victor, Score: Artorius, 0-3

Last edited:

TheShoveler1887

Rock Shoveler
Bah, might as well join up. I already conveniently had doubles pokemon made and they fit into the criteria. If anyone wants to battle me, just PM me here or on Trinity League's chat.

wchjayb95jjmaonglqxo.jpg

Round #1, Opponent: DragonTamer
Victor, Score: DT, 4-0
Rate your performance: 5/10
Constructive comments about the match: Forgot to bring rock slide on a certain pokemon and an unfortunate switch + flinch sealed the game before it even started. Nice team. I should've lead a bit differently T-T

Round #2, Opponent: marashu
Victor, Score: marashu, 1-0
Constructive comments about the match: Misses and poor first turn move choices ruined me. If I had led a little differently I think it would've turned out better. Nice team and strategy. It's nice to see how creative everyone is :)

Round #3, Opponent: leafeonthevoid
Victor, Score: Shoveler, 4-0
Constructive comments about the match: Honestly? I just had answers to your strategy. You played as you should've, but my team had a good match up in the end. GG

Round #4, Opponent: cryuel
Victor, Score: Shoveler, 1-0
Constructive comments about the match: Like usual, our battles come down to luck XD A lot of predicting and sacrificing (on my part for the latter) that lead to a match that was way closer than it should've been. If your move hadn't missed, if you didn't have a certain move, etc. the battle would've gone way differently. GG and honestly I'm surprised at how much luck was in that. You should've won XD

Last edited:
Bleh. Looks like I'm stuck out of town with limited hours. I'll be available hopefully around 9 am to noon and 11pm to 2 am (-8 gmt) until Saturday. Whenever I'm available I'll try and hop on the trinity chat. :]

dragontamer44722

Pokegyms Owner
In order for people to complete their rounds, tomorrow (Saturday) will be the last day for battles, with the winners being announced Sunday. Get them in while you can!

Srsly, Everyone ducked me for the last 2days, my scores are not even being updated.. Enemy of progress.
Needs to be extended to Sunday midnight, every got busy on the last day which is a Saturday, Parties BBQs, Family Outing, Clubing and Over time paid weekend works folks etc etc.

cryuel

dragontamer44722

Pokegyms Owner
Because there are several people who have not completed their rounds, the tournament time is being extended until Friday, June 5th, to allow for people to complete their rounds. I will be pming all competitors to let them know.

cryuel

Round #1, Opponent: TheShoveler
Victor, Score: TheShoveler 0-1 (3 HP :p)
Constructive comments about the match: That was quite a match!! Really did not think I would lose this one, but alas. It was an exciting match! :)

Round #2, Opponent: Twinyoshi45
Constructive comments about the match: A certain Pokemon I brought clearly posed a weaknesses to the majority of your team members. Luckily I had it with me. gg!

Round #3, Opponent: Marashu
Victor, Score: Cryùel 3-2
Constructive comments about the match: Wow, what a team you have! Too bad you misclicked - I would have love to see your team unfold in strategy, although I knew where it was going. :)

Round #4, Opponent: Artorius
Victor, Score: Cryùel 1-0
Constructive comments about the match: Hm, this match and some interesting plays on both ends. Your specific team made me decide to bring two megas and, in essence, lose one item as a result. Still ended up working out thankfully. gg!

Round #5, Opponent: Sito
Rate your performance: 8.5/10
Rate opponents' performance: 7.5/10
Constructive comments about the match: I think you could have wreaked more havoc if you brought Bisharp with you. Good match! :)

Edit:
Extra Round, Opponent: Dragontamer
Constructive comments about the match: Your team really scared me at first, but after quite a few Will o Wisps, I was able to endure through your attacks. I'm glad Sableye was bulky enough to survive despite having had its Leftovers knocked off. :)

Last edited:
Round #5, Opponent: Sito
Victor, Score: Artorius 3-0
Constructive comments about the match:GG

THIS, DOES NOT COUNT FOR ME!
Round #, Opponent: Cryuel
Victor, Score: Cryuel 1-0
Constructive comments about the match:GG

Last edited:

dragontamer44722

Pokegyms Owner
So Friday has come and gone, so our tournament is now FINISHED! Thank you to everyone who participated, winners will be contacted today and random prize winners will be announced as well!

Because we have a 3 way tie, winners are being determined by how many pokemon each person has left at the end of the battle. So, it will go as follows!~

1st place: Artorius!
2nd place: Cryuel!
3rd place: Marashu!

And our random prize participants (people who completed 4+ rounds) are...

Shiny Reshiram: TheShoveler!
Shiny Cobalion: twinyoshi45!

Congratulations all!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.