• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Battle of the Monkeyfish

Yes, this is a warstory involving my Monkeyfish team. How did you guess? If you want to watch this battle, you can do that here. But you should still read the warstory anyways. :p

Ladies and gentlemen, I'd like to present to you my first ever attempt at a warstory. After seeing a few 5th Gen warstories being created lately, I've been itching to put one together myself. Unfortunately, I can't always get a good battle log, since most of my closer and better battles are lost since the opponent closes the window before I can check the "Save Log" box. But luckily I was able to capture the log of one good battle, and this is the one I have chose to base the warstory on. This may not be my best battle, but I chose it because of it's combination of good and bad prediction, minimal hax (even with Jirachi, surprisingly enough), closeness of the battle, and a good opponent with a good attitude. I have also tried to make this warstory as aesthetically appealing as possible, so I've edited in as much color and as many pictures as I could. Needless to say, I put a LOT of work into this, and I hope that y'all enjoy it. So without further ado (whatever that means), I present to you the Battle of the Monkeyfish!

Just something to keep in mind, I am only human, so I do make mistakes. Some of my health percent calcs are a little off, since I was lazy and just added/subtracted 6% per Leftovers/NVE Stealth Rock, 12% for Poison Heal/neutral Stealth Rock, 6%/12%/18% for Toxic, etc. although those may not be the exact numbers. There also may be a little problem here and there with images or text color, so you'll have to forgive me for that too. :)

Battle between [T3]JesusFreak and SPM3 started!

Tier: Standard OU
Variation: +16, -16
Rule: Rated
Rule: Sleep Clause
Rule:Species Clause
Rule: Wifi Battle

[T3]JesusFreak's team:
385.gif
423.gif
635.gif
472.gif
485.gif
639.gif

SPM3's team:
251.gif
472.gif
233.gif
392.gif
130.gif
579.gif

Alright, let's get this battle started! As you can see, Jirachi is the first Pokemon in my lineup, although I rarely ever truly lead with it. Right off the bat I can see that my opponent has two Pokemon of note that they may try to switch into Jirachi: Gliscor and Infernape. Infernape is probably the less likely choice of the two, since it may be crippled by Jirachi depending on its set. Max SpA Infernape cannot OHKO Jirachi with Fire Blast, and it runs the risk of being paralyzed. That said, Gliscor is probably the best switch-in, as its Toxic Orb will make it immune to paralysis. There are two Pokemon on my team that handle Gliscor very nicely: Heatran and Hydreigon. The choice is between the two of them.

But wait, what if he keeps Celebi in? Of course, both Heatran and Hydreigon can still handle most Celebi fairly well. However, Heatran relies on its 85% accurate Fire Blast to kill it while Hydreigon can take out most (if not all) Celebi with a much more accurate Dark Pulse. Also, I don't want to risk breaking Heatran's Balloon, so Hydreigon it is! Go you freakishly mutated plant-headed dragon…thing. (Seriously, doesn't his head look like a flower? No? Moving on)

SPM3 sent out Gliscor!
[T3]JesusFreak sent out Draco! (Hydreigon)

Well, first step complete. He actually sent out Gliscor! Now, what to do next? Looking at his team, I can see that he has no Steel types. That means that even if he switches, everything else on his team is going to get hurt by Draco Meteor. HARD. Except maybe Porygon2, but we'll cross that bridge when we get to it, shall we? Draco Meteor it is!

Start of turn 1
SPM3 called Gliscor back!
SPM3 sent out Porygon2!

The foe's Porygon2 traced Draco's Levitate!
Draco used Draco Meteor!
The foe's Porygon2 lost 52% of its health!
Draco's Sp. Att. sharply fell!
Draco is hurt by its Life Orb!

635.gif
(-2 SpA, 90%)

VS

472.gif
(100%) ->
233.gif
(48%)

Well, he switched in Pory after all. No matter, I'll just U-Turn out to something that can really handle this thing. Now, let's stop and think for a second. The most common P2 sets I've seen have been Thunder Wave/Ice Beam/Thunderbolt/Recover. You know who walls that set into infinity? That's right kids, Gastrodon! Of course, he could be carrying Toxic, but that was a nightmare I didn't give much thought to, and it cost me.

Start of turn 2
Draco used U-turn!
The foe's Porygon2 lost 11% of its health!
Draco is hurt by its Life Orb!
[T3]JesusFreak called Draco back!
[T3]JesusFreak sent out Gary! (Gastrodon)

The foe's Porygon2 used Recover!
The foe's Porygon2 regained health!

635.gif
(-2 SpA, 80%) ->
423.gif
(100%)

VS

233.gif
(87%)

Ugh, Recover. Sometimes I feel like Porygon2 with his Evolite sorely misses the Leftovers, and at other times I think he could care less. This is one of the second ones. At any rate, I expect that he'll either try to Recover off a little more damage, try to hit me with Ice Beam (lol) or switch to Celebi. Either way, Toxic seems like a good choice, right?

Start of turn 3
The foe's Porygon2 used Toxic!
Gary was poisoned!

Gary used Toxic!
The foe's Porygon2 was poisoned!

The foe's Porygon2 is hurt by poison!
Gary is hurt by poison!

423.gif
(Toxic, 94%)

VS

233.gif
(Toxic, 81%)

Remember when I said that not considering Toxic would cost me? Well, it cost me. Gastrodon absolutely hates poison, but at least I just poisoned a big defensive threat to my team. This poison damage will really come in handy later, but for now I need to make my next move. It's pretty obvious that he's going to make the switch to Celebi now, but even though I meant to go for Ice Beam, I click Scald instead. Why? I don't know, maybe I was thinking that I could just wear down P2 if he stays in or burn a possible switch-in. Oh well, let's see how this goes.

Start of turn 4
SPM3 called Porygon2 back!
SPM3 sent out Celebi!

Gary used Scald!
It's not very effective...
The foe's Celebi lost 15% of its health!
The foe's Celebi was burned!

The foe's Celebi is hurt by its burn!
Gary restored a little HP using its Leftovers!
Gary is hurt by poison!

423.gif
(Toxic, 88%)

VS

233.gif
(Toxic, 81%) ->
251.gif
(Burned, 73%)

YES! I got the burn after all! While it may not be the most impressive damage, it should help wear Celebi down some more. So, I can see now that it has no Leftovers. I'm expecting that this means it is a Life Orb Nasty Plot variant, or something of that nature. Guess who take Nasty Plot Celebi on too easily? Hydreigon and Heatran! But, like I said before, I want to keep Heatran's Balloon intact, since it makes a nice answer to Gliscor. Hydreigon, take the stage!

Start of turn 5
[T3]JesusFreak called Gary back!

The foe's Celebi used U-turn!
It's super effective!
Draco lost 74 HP! (22% of its health)
SPM3 called Celebi back!
SPM3 sent out Infernape!

423.gif
(Toxic, 88%) ->
635.gif
(58%)

VS

251.gif
(Burned, 73%) ->
392.gif
(100%)

Well poop. He predict my switch and hits me with a U-Turn. Even with a burn, that hurt! And of course, the burn has been cured by Natural Cure, so Celebi is right as rain. Now Infernape gets a free switch-in and is free to go, excuse the pun, ape on me. Seriously, I HATE this thing. The main way my team beats MixApe is by playing around with resistances, which I am forced to do now. Expecting a Close Combat, I send the Bat Signal into the air.

Start of turn 6
[T3]JesusFreak called Draco back!
[T3]JesusFreak sent out Batman! (Gliscor)

The foe's Infernape used Close Combat!
Batman lost 39 HP! (11% of its health)
The foe's Infernape's Defense fell!
The foe's Infernape's Sp. Def. fell!

Batman's Toxic Orb activated!
Batman was poisoned!

635.gif
(58%) ->
472.gif
(Poisoned, 89%)

VS

392.gif
(-1 Def/-1 SpD, 100%)

Batman swoops in the way of the vicious ape's frenzy to protect Hydreigon like the hero he is (yeah, eat your heart out, Superman). Also, I breath a sigh of relief when I see that he has no Life Orb. This means that this is not a MixApe…

…but wait, what if it has an Expert Belt? I was nearly swept by one of those once and I do not want to make that mistake again. Let's weigh the options. If it's Choiced, it will most likely switch, probably to either Gyarados or Porygon2, both of which Terrakion can threaten. If it's and Expert Belt variant…well, Terrakion should still be able to take a Fire Blast or Hidden Power and KO back with Stone Edge. Yeah, let's go with that.

Start of turn 7
[T3]JesusFreak called Batman back!
[T3]JesusFreak sent out Muskateer! (Terrakion)

The foe's Infernape used Hidden Power!
Muskateer lost 91 HP! (28% of its health)

472.gif
(Poisoned, 89%) ->
639.gif
(72%)

VS

392.gif
(-1 Def/-1 SpD, 100%)

Oh ho, so he was trying to pull a little trick! Expert Belt Infernape…you don't see those every day. Prediction paid off (although I was seriously expecting the Porygon2 switch), and Terrakion is in for minimal damage. At -1 Def, KOing this guy with Close Combat e should hardly be a problem. Of course, he could switch to Gliscor. In that case, Stone Edge should still KO and do decent damage to Gliscor should it come in. I just pray that it doesn't miss; it's often dubbed Fail Edge for a reason…

Start of turn 8
Muskateer used Stone Edge!
The foe's Infernape lost 100% of its health!
The foe's Infernape fainted!

SPM3: scarf .-.
SPM3 sent out Gliscor!

639.gif
(72%)

VS

392.gif
(Fainted) ->
472.gif
(100%)

My Terrakion is, in fact, Scarfed, but it makes me wonder why my opponent would assume that so early. After all, this is a MixApe, and most MixApe I've seen do not even run max speed. Even if he did, as far as he knows, I just won the speed tie, since Ape and Terra have the same Base speed.

Back to the battle. Terrakion rushes towards the fiery monkey, and with a mighty stone (that didn't miss, thank goodness), he hath slain the rampaging beast. But what is this? A Batman clone? Well, I'll have my fiery friend teach you a lesson!

Start of turn 9
[T3]JesusFreak called Muskateer back!
[T3]JesusFreak sent out Hothead! (Heatran)

Hothead is floating on a balloon!
The foe's Gliscor used Swords Dance!
The foe's Gliscor's Attack sharply rose!

The foe's Gliscor's Toxic Orb activated!
The foe's Gliscor was poisoned!

639.gif
(72%) ->
485.gif
(Balloon, 100%)

VS

472.gif
(+2 Atk, Poisoned, 100%)

I cannot think of a single reason why Gliscor would use Ice Fang or Façade or anything like that on Terrakion unless they have some supernatural prediction skills. As such, Heatran seemed like a safe choice, and I was right. Now I can see that he has a SD Scor (like me, small world), and he can probably tell that leaving Gliscor in is a terrible idea. Since he'll mostly likely switch, I'll go ahead a set up Stealth Rock. We may be quite a few turns into the game already, but every bit of damage helps.

Start of turn 10
SPM3 sent out Gyarados!

The foe's Gyarados intimidates Hothead!
Hothead's Attack fell!
Hothead used Stealth Rock!
Pointed stones float in the air around SPM3's team!

485.gif
(-1 Atk, Balloon, 100%)

VS

472.gif
(+2 Atk, Poisoned, 100%) ->
130.gif
(100%)

Stealth Rock is up and the deranged Batman clone has been replaced by a blue snake with a mustache. I can handle that right? Well, not exactly. My team doesn't really like to fight Gyarados either. If it's a DD set, I can usually send in Terrakion and threaten it. However, it might be a bulkier set and may just try to phaze my switch-in or just hit Heatran with a Waterfall. Based on the fairly balanced nature of his team, I predict the second and switch in Gastrodon expecting a Waterfall.

Start of turn 11
[T3]JesusFreak called Hothead back!

The foe's Gyarados used Thunder Wave!
But it failed!

Gary is hurt by poison!

485.gif
(Balloon, 100%) ->
423.gif
(Toxic, 88%)

VS

130.gif
(100%)

Wow, I'm so glad I didn't switch Terrakion into THAT. So this is some sort of parashuffler, huh? Hmm…maybe Thunder Wave/Dragon Tail/ Roar/Waterfall or something? I don't know, all the parashufflers I've been afraid of have been Dragonite, so I really don't know what to expect. I guess I'll just poison it.

Start of turn 12
The foe's Gyarados used Taunt!
Gary fell for the taunt!

Gary can't use Toxic after the taunt!

Gary is hurt by poison!

423.gif
(Toxic/Taunted, 82%)

VS

130.gif
(100%)

Great. So now Gastro has been Taunted and Gyarados is still scratch-free. Right now, I'm feeling kinda frustrated for not seeing that coming, so I just fire off a Scald hoping for a burn.

Start of turn 13
Gary used Scald!
The foe's Gyarados lost 16% of its health!

The foe's Gyarados used Dragon Tail!
Gary lost 84 HP! (21% of its health)
Dreamweaver was dragged out!

The foe's Gyarados restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

423.gif
(Toxic/Taunted, 61%) ->
385.gif
(100%)

VS

130.gif
(90%)

Scald failed to burn and Dragon Tail brings out one of my favorite OU Pokemon at this point: Jirachi, or Dreamweaver, as I like to call him. Yes, I know, amazing name. What isn't amazing is my next move. I should've just switched back into Gastrodon and try again for the Scald burn, but once again I was not thinking straight. I thought I could get in a little paralysis with Jirachi, and this is what I got.

Start of turn 14
The foe's Gyarados used Thunder Wave!
Dreamweaver is paralyzed! It may be unable to move!

Dreamweaver used Body Slam!
The foe's Gyarados lost 16% of its health!

385.gif
(Paralyzed, 100%)

VS

130.gif
(80%)

Yeah, so Rachi is now blinded by the light (another amazing classic song reference) and paralyzed. What's more is that the hax was not on my side at this point, and Gyarados again take minimal damage from my endeavors. Whatever, what else have I got to lose? He's either going to keep Gyarados in or switch to Gliscor or something, the way I see it. I don't want to risk something else taking paralysis or a Waterfall, so I'll just stay in and attempt more paralysis.

Start of turn 15
SPM3 called Gyarados back!
SPM3 sent out Celebi!
Pointed stones dug into the foe's Celebi!

Dreamweaver used Body Slam
The foe's Celebi lost 18% of its health!
The foe's Celebi is paralyzed! It may be unable to move!

385.gif
(Paralyzed, 100%)

VS

130.gif
(80%) ->
251.gif
(Paralyzed, 43%)

Well what do you know, I caught me a Celebi with Body Slam paralysis! Nice! Now that it's crippled, I feel better about switching in something to threaten it. But first, I'll wish upon a star and try to get Hydreigon healthy again.

Start of turn 16
The foe's Celebi used Trick!
The foe's Celebi switched items with Dreamweaver!
The foe's Celebi obtained one Leftovers!
Dreamweaver obtained one Choice Scarf!

Dreamweaver is paralyzed! It can't move!

The foe's Celebi restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

385.gif
(Paralyzed, 100%)

VS

251.gif
(Paralyzed, 49%)

If that don't beat all. I should've seen the Trick coming ever since that last U-Turn. Now I've got a paralyzed Jirachi with a Choice Scarf, not a good combination. But I must keep going with the mission! Wishes to the ready! Aim! Fire!

Start of turn 17
Dreamweaver used Wish!

The foe's Celebi used Stealth Rock!
Pointed stones float in the air around [T3]JesusFreak's team!

385.gif
(Paralyzed, 100%)

VS

251.gif
(Paralyzed, 56%)

Stealth Rock? What kind of Celebi is this guy running? Well, it's caught me off guard, but at least I get my Wish up at the price of having the Rocks on my side of the battlefield. I wonder now what he's going to do, and I should've seen the U-Turn coming, but I expected him to just try to wear Jirachi down with Seed Bomb or something. But alas, I'm getting ahead of myself.

Start of turn 18
[T3]JesusFreak called Dreamweaver back!
Pointed stones dug into Draco!

It's super effective!
Draco lost 147 HP! (45% of its health)
Draco fainted!
SPM3 called Celebi back!
SPM3 sent out Reuniclus!

[T3]JesusFreak sent out Dreamweaver! (Jirachi)
Pointed stones dug into Dreamweaver!

385.gif
i (Paralyzed, 100%) ->
635.gif
(Fainted) ->
385.gif
(Paralyzed, 94%)

VS

251.gif
(Paralyzed, 56%) ->
579.gif
(100%)

Quite a lot of switches, huh? Like I was saying earlier, I should've predicted that U-Turn and sent in…I don't know, Gliscor or something. For my mistake, my old pal Draco has taken the plunge and Jirachi is back onto the field. After all, he is the only thing that has a chance of taking on Reuniclus, at least until I've weakened it significantly. Since I'm limited to one attack at a time, I'll have to start with first things first and paralyze the little jelly baby.

Start of turn 19
Dreamweaver used Body Slam!
The foe's Reuniclus lost 20% of its health!
The foe's Reuniclus is paralyzed! It may be unable to move!

The foe's Reuniclus used Focus Blast!
Dreamweaver lost 116 HP! (28% of its health)

385.gif
(Paralyzed, 66%)

VS

579.gif
(Paralyzed, 80%)

Heh heh, more paralysis. Like we haven't already seen that trick a hundred times already. Seeing as how he most likely doesn't have Heal Bell on Celebi and Reuniclus is not carrying Leftovers, I might have a good shot of beating it later on with Rachi. At the moment, however, I'll have to think of something to switch into Reuniclus. Gastrodon has the next best ability to stomach special attacks, and maybe I can weaken it a little more with Scald until Gastro dies.

Start of turn 20
Pointed stones dug into Gary!

SPM3 called Reuniclus back!
SPM3 sent out Gliscor!
Pointed stones dug into the foe's Gliscor!

The foe's Gliscor restored HP using its Poison Heal!
Gary is hurt by poison!

385.gif
(Paralyzed, 66%) ->
423.gif
(Toxic, 55%)

VS

579.gif
(Paralyzed, 80%) ->
472.gif
(Poisoned, 100%)

Huh. That happened. A double switch, and now I once again have the upper hand it would seem. Gastrodon is fairly weakened, so I'm hoping now that he'll try to stay in and attack with Earthquake. If not, I'm expecting that he would switch to either Gyarados or Celebi to take an oncoming attack. Perhaps he thinks I'll predict the switch to Celebi and send in Gyarados to take the Ice Beam? In that case, I could attempt another burn. Even if Gliscor stays in, Scald should do the trick in killing it. Worst case scenario, I get a chance to burn Celebi.

Start of turn 21
SPM3 sent out Celebi!

Gary used Scald!
The foe's Celebi lost 15% of its health!

Gary is hurt by poison!

423.gif
(Toxic, 49%)

VS

472.gif
(Poisoned, 100%) ->
251.gif
(35%)

Celebi switch. I should've known, but I over-predicted, expecting him to predict my prediction of the Celebi switch. I guess you get to see a good combination of my best and worst prediction in this warstory. No burn, but at least I did a little damage. Celebi is dangerously low on HP, so I guess Gastro did its job. Since I can't think of much else that I would really need Gastro for, I'll just sack him. Sorry old boy, you fought well. Hey, on the bright side, maybe he'll use U-Turn, I'll survive, and I'll get a Scald burn on something else before dying!

Start of turn 22
The foe's Celebi used Seed Bomb!
It's super effective!
Gary lost 185 HP! (47% of its health)
Gary fainted!

Pointed stones dug into Muskateer!

423.gif
(Fainted) ->
639.gif
(66%)

VS

251.gif
(41%)

As a quick side note, you can see how my HP calcs have been a little off, but thankfully not much.

Gastro served me well, and he allowed my Muskateer to take the field once again. Right now I have three options. He might switch into Gliscor, so HP Ice (yes, I do run that) would be a good choice if I can predict that switch. It might also kill Celebi if it stays in, although I didn't have time to run a calc and I was afraid of messing this up. Stone Edge would also KO and do a considerable amount to Gliscor, but I don't want to have to rely on that 80% accuracy. Hoping he would keep Celebi in and just sack it, I went for the third option: X-Scissor.

Start of turn 23
SPM3 called Celebi back!
SPM3 sent out Porygon2!
Pointed stones dug into the foe's Porygon2!

The foe's Porygon2 traced Muskateer's Justified!
Muskateer used X-Scissor!
The foe's Porygon2 lost 14% of its health!

639.gif
(66%)

VS

251.gif
(41%) ->
233.gif
(Toxic, 49%)

Well, he sent in Porygon2 instead of Gliscor. The bad news, Porygon2 didn't mind that X-Scissor much at all. The good news, between that, Stealth Rock, and poison, P2 is now down to about half of its health. Well, as Terrakion is Choiced, I'll have to switch him out and see if I can come back later and fire off a Close Combat or two. My best switch in at the point is Dreamweaver, who can hopefully get a Wish up after taking one of P2's pitiful special attacks.

Start of turn 24

SPM3: i love your rachi's name ;D
SPM3: adobe ftw

639.gif
(66%) ->
385.gif
(Paralyzed, 60%)

VS

233.gif
(Toxic, 87%)

I'm glad my opponent like Rachi's nickname! I have used Macromedia Dreamweaver before, and enjoyed it, but that's not exactly where the name came from. But I'll get to that later.

As for the battle, I can't say I didn't see the Recover coming, but I had no choice. At least Jirachi got in scot-free and can now make his Wish with little worry.

Start of turn 25
SPM3 sent out Gliscor!
Pointed stones dug into the foe's Gliscor!

Dreamweaver used Wish!

[T3]JesusFreak: based on the song, actually
[T3]JesusFreak: lol
[T3]JesusFreak: thx tho :D

385.gif
(Paralyzed, 60%)

VS

233.gif
(Toxic, 87%) ->
472.gif
(Poisoned, 100%)

I sort out the misconception on Dreamweaver's name and thank my opponent for his kind words while also cooking up a little concoction I like to call "202 HP Wish". This is equivalent to about 2/3 HP of nearly everything on my team. After seeing Gliscor come out, I know who I'm gonna go to. Hot-hot-hot-hot-hothead!

Start of turn 26
[T3]JesusFreak sent out Hothead! (Heatran)
Pointed stones dug into Hothead!

Hothead is floating on a balloon!
The foe's Gliscor used Earthquake!
It had no effect!

Dreamweaver's wish came true!

385.gif
(Paralyzed, 60%) ->
485.gif
(Balloon, 100%)

VS

472.gif
(Poisoned, 100%)

Air Balloon foils yet another attempt on my team by Gliscor. Now I've got him in a pretty good position. Although I'm sorta expecting a switch to Gyarados, I'll be optimistic and go for the Hidden Power, hoping Gliscor will stay in and try something.

Start of turn 27
Hothead used Hidden Power!
It's super effective!
The foe's Gliscor lost 100% of its health!
The foe's Gliscor fainted!

SPM3 sent out Porygon2!

The foe's Porygon2 traced Hothead's Flash Fire!

485.gif
(Balloon, 100%)

VS

472.gif
(Fainted) ->
233.gif
(Toxic, 75%)

Who da man? Heatran da man! Hidden Power is successful, and Gliscor falls like expected. Now that he's gone, I no longer have to be concerned of keeping Heatran's Balloon intact. In fact, the only thing I might really need Heatran for at this point is Celebi, who I should be able to handle later on in the match at its current weakened state. I'll just do as much damage as possible at the moment with Heatran. P2 has Flash Fire, so I'll have to go with Earth Power and pray for a SpD drop.

Start of turn 28
Hothead used Earth Power!
The foe's Porygon2 lost 16% of its health!

The foe's Porygon2 used Thunderbolt!
Hothead lost 79 HP! (24% of its health)
Hothead's Air Balloon popped!

485.gif
(76%)

VS

233.gif
(Toxic, 53%)

No SpD drop, but I did do a little damage and take a little more. I'm honestly just trying to wear this thing down as much as possible right now, so I'll continue with plan…well, I don't really have a name for it. Earth Power again. Meh.

Start of turn 29
The foe's Porygon2 lost 16% of its health!

485.gif
(76%)

VS

233.gif
(Toxic, 75%)

Obvious Recover is obvious. Pory is a little stronger now, but its still terminally ill and deteriorating fast. Plus, it still has to worry about my Terrakion hiding in the wings. Nothing much left to do but keep hitting this thing with Earth Power.

Start of turn 30
SPM3 sent out Gyarados!
Pointed stones dug into the foe's Gyarados!

The foe's Gyarados intimidates Hothead!
Hothead's Attack fell!
It had no effect!

485.gif
(-1 Atk, 76%)

VS

233.gif
(Toxic, 75%) ->
130.gif
(61%)

Sensing the oncoming Earth Power like a Jedi, he switches back into that funny looking snake with a mustache. Well, I'm still just trying to do as much damage as possible before Heatran goes down, so I guess I'll just fire away a Fire Blast (heh, another pun) and see what I can do.

Start of turn 31
Hothead used Fire Blast!
The foe's Gyarados lost 30% of its health!

The foe's Gyarados used Waterfall!
It's super effective!
Hothead lost 224 HP! (69% of its health)

485.gif
(-1 Atk, 7%)

VS

130.gif
(37%)

Wow, 30% damage ain't bad. Even better, Heatran barely survives the Waterfall and is free to attack once more. I say we try out another one of those pretty little Fire Blasts and see what we can do!

Start of turn 32
Hothead used Fire Blast!
The foe's Gyarados lost 26% of its health!

The foe's Gyarados used Dragon Tail!
Hothead lost 21 HP! (6% of its health)
Hothead fainted!

485.gif
(Fainted) ->
639.gif
(60%)

VS

130.gif
(17%)

Yes. Be afraid. Be very afraid. You may have killed my volcanic lizard…golem…thing, but my sword-headed soldier is back again to wreck more havoc upon your team. At this point, I'm pretty sure that Terrakion can KO Gyarados with Close Combat, so I'll just use that. It's a lot more reliable than Stone Edge, anyways.

Start of turn 33
Muskateer used Close Combat!
It's not very effective... [/color]
The foe's Gyarados lost 15% of its health!
The foe's Gyarados fainted!
Muskateer's Defense fell!
Muskateer's Sp. Def. fell!

SPM3 sent out Reuniclus!

639.gif
(-1 Def/-1 SpD, 60%)

VS

130.gif
(Fainted) ->
579.gif
(Paralyzed, 80%)

Terrakion does his job very nicely, and the liquid snake is dead (bad math again, I know). Funny, I actually forgot for a minute that he even had a Reuniclus. Well, at 80% health, there's no way that Terrakion is going to break this thing with Close Combat, so I'll just switch over to my main answer to Reuniclus: Dreamweaver.

Start of turn 34

The foe's Reuniclus is paralyzed! It can't move!

639.gif
(-1 Def/-1 SpD, 60%) ->
385.gif
(Paralyzed, 54%)

VS

579.gif
(Paralyzed, 80%)

I don't know what he was trying, maybe Calm Mind or Focus Blast or something. Luckily, paralysis finally comes in on my favor and gets Rachi in for free. Now I can finally unleash Dreamweaver's haxy wrath upon that jelly-cell-alien…seriously, what is that thing?

Last edited:
Start of turn 35
SPM3 called Reuniclus back!
SPM3 sent out Celebi!

Dreamweaver usedIron Head!
The foe's Celebi lost 24% of its health!

385.gif
(Paralyzed, 54%)

VS

579.gif
(Paralyzed, 80%) ->
251.gif
(11%)

Celebi foolishly switches in to take a mighty….well, a decent hit from Jirachi. Admittedly, it would've been the wise decision to switch to Gliscor at this point, as he can take pretty much anything from Celebi. I guess I just really wanted that thing dead. So I fire off a second Iron Head.

Start of turn 36
Dreamweaver lost 74 HP! (18% of its health)
SPM3 called Celebi back!
SPM3 sent out Porygon2!

The foe's Porygon2 traced Dreamweaver's Serene Grace!

Dreamweaver used Iron Head!
The foe's Porygon2 lost 14% of its health!

385.gif
(Paralyzed, 36%)

VS

251.gif
(11%) ->
233.gif
(Toxic, 43%)

There's the U-Turn. I really wish I had Gliscor out right now. On the bright side, Celebi won't survive another switch into Stealth Rock. In addition, I bet Porygon2 really hates all that stacking damage. Not that he can't just Recover it off, though. Seeing as is now, I really need Rachi to be as health as possible to take on Reuniclus, so I need to preserve him. I'm also timid to switch in Terrakion into this thing, and I'll need him to kill it later. As much as I hate to say it, I'll have to…sack the Batman.

Start of turn 37
[T3]JesusFreak sent out Batman! (Gliscor)
Pointed stones dug into Batman!

Batman restored HP using its Poison Heal!

385.gif
(Paralyzed, 36%) ->
472.gif
(Poisoned, 89%)

VS

233.gif
(Toxic, 81%)

As Batman once again comes to the rescue, Porygon2 heals itself of all that beautiful damage I just hit it with. There goes the combined efforts of Jirachi, Heatran, and Gastrodon's hard work, down the drain. I'm probably not going to do too much damage with this next Earthquake attack, but every bit matters, right?

…right?

Start of turn 38
Batman usedEarthquake!
The foe's Porygon2 lost 17% of its health!

The foe's Porygon2 usedIce Beam!
It's super effective!
Batman lost 315 HP! (88% of its health)
Batman fainted!

SPM3: :)

472.gif
(Fainted) ->
639.gif
(54%)

VS

233.gif
(Toxic, 46%)

Evidence of my bad calcs rears its ugly head again as Porygon2 takes out the Batman. So much for that. My superhero is defeated because of a Play-Dough duck with cold breath. At least the Dark Knight did enough damage to bring Porygon2 back to about half health. In fact, it's just a little more than enough to guarantee a KO with Terrakion's Close Combat on even a 252/252 Bold P2, if those even exist. He'll switch, no doubt, but just in case, I'll go for the Close Combat. Couldn't hurt, right?

Start of turn 39
SPM3 sent out Reuniclus!

The foe's Reuniclus lost 32% of its health!

639.gif
(-1 Def/-1 SpD, 54%)

VS

233.gif
(Toxic, 46%) ->
579.gif
(Paralyzed, 48%)

Woah. For a not very effective attack against a bulky Pokemon like Reuniclus, 32% damage ain't bad at all. In fact, that might be just what I need to finish it off with Jirachi. All I need is Rachi to move through paralysis and I'm golden. Here goes nothin'!

Start of turn 40

The foe's Reuniclus used Psyshock!
Dreamweaver lost 36 HP! (8% of its health)

639.gif
(54%) ->
385.gif
(Paralyzed, 21%)

VS

579.gif
(Paralyzed, 48%)

Speaking of nothin', that's about what that attack did. Nothin'. Now, provided I can escape being fully paralyzed, I should be able to hit this thing and wear it down, if not just beat it with Jirachi. Then perhaps I can wear down Porygon2 as well. I can smell that victory coming up.

Start of turn 41
Dreamweaver used Iron Head!
The foe's Reuniclus lost 29% of its health!

The foe's Reuniclus used Focus Blast!
Dreamweaver lost 78 HP! (19% of its health)
Dreamweaver fainted!

385.gif
(Fainted) ->
639.gif
(48%)

VS

579.gif
(Paralyzed, 19%)

Lol, now that was serious anti-hax. Factoring in Rachi's Iron Head flinch rate, paralysis rate, and Focus Blast's accuracy, Reuniclus had a 21% chance of hitting me with that just then. However, I do believe I have this game in the bag now. Based on Terrakion's previous 32% damage Close Combat, I should be able to beat Reuniclus this time. Then I'm just a Stealth Rock switch and one more Close Combat away from victory.

Start of turn 42
The foe's Reuniclus lost 17% of its health!
The foe's Reuniclus fainted!

SPM3 sent out Celebi!
The foe's Celebi fainted!

SPM3 sent out Porygon2!

The foe's Porygon2 traced Muskateer's Justified!
SPM3:
:S

639.gif
(-1 Def/-1 SpD, 48%)

VS

579.gif
(Fainted) ->
251.gif
(Fainted) ->
233.gif
(Toxic, 34%)

As planned, Terrakion finishes off the green jelly thing, and Celebi switches in and dies immediately to Stealth Rock. All that is left is the duck. That's right, the duck. Remember, even a 252/252 Bold Porygon2 is taking a minimum of 54% damage from Terrakion's Close Combat, so unless something extremely drastic happens right now, this final attack should secure the victory.

TL;DR-GG SPM3

Start of turn 43
It's super effective!
The foe's Porygon2 lost 27% of its health!
The foe's Porygon2 fainted!

639.gif
(-2 Def/-2 SpD, 48%)

VS

233.gif
(Fainted)

[T3]JesusFreak won the battle!
[T3]JesusFreak: [/b]gg
SPM3: Pro skills
SPM3: man
SPM3: gg

And thus, my friends, ends a close and fun battle. Before we leave, I'd like to present to you the "props and slops" section, as usual.

Props:
-My opponent for being a good sport and good opponent
-Celebi, for being a thorn in my side on more than one occasion with its unique set
-Terrakion, for being a constant offensive threat and finishing up the game with a 3 Pokemon sweep
-Both players, for good decisions and prediction on both sides
-Not too much hax, even when hax may have been expected (namely Rachi)

Slops:
-Both Gliscors, for doing next to nothing each (sorry, Batman)
-My mispredictions, causing Gastrodon's poisoning, Jirachi's paralysis, and Hydreigon's death
-Infernape and Hydreigon, both failing to fulfill their offensive potential

And the MVP of the match is:

639.png

Terrakion, no contest. This guy alone killed off 5 of the opponent's 6 Pokemon (if you count Celebi), 2 of them with a not-very-effective Close Combat. He also constantly served to keep offensive pressure on the opponent, and most of the damage he took was just by switching into Stealth Rock. With his 3 Pokemon knock out at the end wrapping it up from a 1-3 position, I believe Terrakion is well deserving of the MVP award of this match.

Last edited:

Pichu47

Fear Me, If You Dare
Kudos to you! That was a very well played match. I enjoyed reading it!

windsong

WEST SIDE
i came into this thread expecting to see stunfisk....

i'm not sure what to say.... =[
1/10

(nah jk this warstory was really awesome 9/10 easy~)
he had some real weird sets though

Fortunato

Sic Transit Gloria
I enjoyed reading this a lot! I agree with Eevee that he did have some strange sets but that makes it fun! Anyways 8/10 for you good sir because cool kids don't get high scores.

Thanks everyone for the comments! I'll agree that some of his sets were kinda strange. Especially Celebi. I mean, parashuffler Gyarados I can see, and Expert Belt Infernape is kinda clever. But SRsupport/TrickScarf/scout Celebi...very unique. But hey, it must work for him. :p

Zachmac

Where's the Simipour?

Especially Celebi. I mean, parashuffler Gyarados I can see, and Expert Belt Infernape is kinda clever. But SRsupport/TrickScarf/scout Celebi...very unique. But hey, it must work for him. :p
Yeah, especially with the parashuffling gyrados.
Now I've got a paralyzed Jirachi with a Choice Scarf, not a good combination.

Hm...Maybe I've got to get a parashuffler gyrados as backup for my dragonite on my next paralysis team.

I'd just like to say thanks again, but also that I've added a link to the top of the OP so that anyone may watch the battle in action with that PO replay software. Of course you know what they say, you should still read the book before watching the movie. :p

Zachmac

Expert belt actually works pretty well. Once I went onto PO's server rather then Smogon's by mistake, and I fire blasted an Excadril that thought it was locked in dark pulse. :D

It turns out that's a really under looked item, but if it wasn't, it wouldn't be so good.

Eaglehawk

Banned
Your opponent had the weirdest (but strangely effective) sets and I liked how you handled them. 9/10