• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Battle of the Tapus Tournament

Status
Not open for further replies.

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
Serebii Username: Koume and Kotake
IGN: Chris
WFC: 4639-9155-8560
GMT Timezone: GMT 0
Tapu that will be used in team: Tapu Bulu

wow never thought the bull would have votes :p lol jk welcome aboard garnet ill add you to your team :)

Crazy0n389

Starry's Angels
Serebii Username: Crazy0n389
IGN: Albert (trainer's name: Mayra)
WFC: 3325-3256-2885
GMT Timezone: GMT -7
Tapu that will be used in team: Tapu Koko

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
Serebii Username: Crazy0n389
IGN: Albert (trainer's name: Mayra)
WFC: 3325-3256-2885
GMT Timezone: GMT -7
Tapu that will be used in team: Tapu Koko

oh hey there a new person never seen from the comp forums welcome to my tournament i will add you in team tapu koko ^_^

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
also making a update on the rules since they distributed everyone to get these 4 mega stones mawlite,bedrillite, Audinite and Medichamite. I will allow it in the tournament now still accepting applications until the 16th

Morokei

Pokegym Steel E4
Serebii Username: Morokei
IGN: JayKLMNOP
WFC: 0576-4814-2765
GMT Timezone: EST, GMT-4
Tapu that will be used in team: Place me as a Fini since its lacking people I believe.

Also side note I'm confused about the rules, could you clarify what the no duplicate Tapu's are? Like each person on say for example Team Tapu Koko has to use a Tapu Koko or do you mean there is only one Tapu Koko to be distributed to the entirety of Team Tapu Koko?

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
Serebii Username: Morokei
IGN: JayKLMNOP
WFC: 0576-4814-2765
GMT Timezone: EST, GMT-4
Tapu that will be used in team: Place me as a Fini since its lacking people I believe.

Also side note I'm confused about the rules, could you clarify what the no duplicate Tapu's are? Like each person on say for example Team Tapu Koko has to use a Tapu Koko or do you mean there is only one Tapu Koko to be distributed to the entirety of Team Tapu Koko?

I had a few people were asking about if they can use another tapu on there team with the tapu of there choice which is not correct, so basically since you choosed team tapu fini that is the only tapu be used in your team which you can't have two tapu fini's in your team either. does that make any sense?

Morokei

Pokegym Steel E4
Its still weird for me. I suppose I'll make a scenario.

So say its Round 1. I bring this team http://pokepast.es/4294966986 Because its Round 1 and I am using Tapu Fini, the rest of my team cannot use that specific Tapu Fini. But they can use a Choice Specs or a Tapu Z Fini?

Or scenario 2 same team as above. But because I am using a Tapu Fini the rest of my team cannot use any Tapu Fini?

SilverLanayru

It's a mystery.
Its still weird for me. I suppose I'll make a scenario.

So say its Round 1. I bring this team http://pokepast.es/4294966986 Because its Round 1 and I am using Tapu Fini, the rest of my team cannot use that specific Tapu Fini. But they can use a Choice Specs or a Tapu Z Fini?

Or scenario 2 same team as above. But because I am using a Tapu Fini the rest of my team cannot use any Tapu Fini?

I think I understand where you're coming from. I don't think the movesets matter in this case. As long as everyone on your team is running the Tapu they support, they can run any moveset they wish. What Fairy means by the duplicate Tapu rule is that you're not allowed to use more than one Tapu on your team; the only Tapu you're allowed to use is the one whose team you're sided on (in your case, Fini).

Here, I'll use an example. I was initially planning to run both Tapu Lele and Tapu Bulu on my team (as one of the teams I often use have both). But since I am sided with Lele for this tourney, I can only use Lele and no other Tapu. I hope this clears up some things.

Morokei

Pokegym Steel E4
I think I understand where you're coming from. I don't think the movesets matter in this case. As long as everyone on your team is running the Tapu they support, they can run any moveset they wish. What Fairy means by the duplicate Tapu rule is that you're not allowed to use more than one Tapu on your team; the only Tapu you're allowed to use is the one whose team you're sided on (in your case, Fini).

Here, I'll use an example. I was initially planning to run both Tapu Lele and Tapu Bulu on my team (as one of the teams I often use have both). But since I am sided with Lele for this tourney, I can only use Lele and no other Tapu. I hope this clears up some things.

That makes sense since the teams are based around specific Tapu's acting as mascots. However in the second part of the rule its saying you can't make duplicate Tapus for the Tournament for your team and I'm unsure if the team is the six mons you bring or the other people using the same Tapu as you. I'm pretty sure its not like I've got X Tapu Fini let me clone it and use both of the at the same time since that's breaking the species clause, so I'm wondering if everyone on Team Tapu Fini can use their own Tapu Fini's but each set has to be different from your teammates' Tapu Fini.

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter

That is correct :) I hope he understands you >.> Because I'm running out of ideas to explain lol

@morokeki: your making it sound more difficult then it is when I mean duplicate if you have your tapu team you can't use two tapu finis in your team of 6. So having tapu fini,tapu fini, kingdra,kabuto,omstar,Lapras would be against rules...Also your team you posted is fine btw its not a duplicate since your using one tapu fini

Last edited:

Marashu

Serebii Username: Marashu
IGN: Marashu
WFC: 4227-1956-1429
GMT Timezone: EDT, GMT-4
Tapu that will be used in team: Tapu The End Fini

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
Serebii Username: Marashu
IGN: Marashu
WFC: 4227-1956-1429
GMT Timezone: EDT, GMT-4
Tapu that will be used in team: Tapu The End Fini

accepted at the last minute enjoy the tournament XD

anyway was gunna do rounds but decided at the end i rather have you guys post all battles and i just tally up all the wins and all the loses however rules still apply you must challenge all opposing team members once so if your in tapu koko for example you battle all participates that are in all three other teams wins give your team 3 points and if you lose it gives your team 1 point deduction

Zold

Pokémon Breeder
Can teams only fight the members of the other teams once as a team, or once as a player?

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
Can teams only fight the members of the other teams once as a team, or once as a player?

Your team tapu lele so you fight all opposing members once in team bulu,team fini, and team koko. Does that make sense? if you win you get 3 points to your team which each loss is 1 point deduction so you have 12 opponents all together...

Sito

Shiny Breeder
Battle Result Form:
Team Opponent: Team Lele (SilverLanayru)
Round#: 1
W/L/D: Win 5-0
Comments: Really good fight, did a good combo with my mega and koko and was able to win :)

POINTS FOR THE KOKO!!!!!

Battle Result Form:
Team Opponent: Team Bulu (Summers)
Round#: 2
W/L/D:Loss 5-0
Comments: So. Many. Bulky. Pokes! lol. It was fun :p

Team Opponent: Zold (Team Lele)
Round#: Round 3
W/L/D: Loss 0 - 4
Comments(please don't reveal teams): Really good battle, if I had made better predictions, it would have ended differently xD. At least it was fun.

Team Opponent: Archstaraptor (Bulu)
Round#: 4
W/L/D: Loss 4-0
comments(please don't reveal team): Good game sash on that poke was unexpected and lost many good poke early on.

Team Opponent: Dunkleosteus (Lele)
Round#: 5
W/L/D: Loss 2-0
comments(please don't reveal team): Good game, at the end I predicted wrong and that may have changed things, the stall war was fun xD

Team Opponent: Morokei (Fini)
Round#: 6
W/L/D: Win 2-0
comments: Fun battle, that mega was really scary, and got lucky that I managed to beat many threats early :)

Last edited:

SilverLanayru

It's a mystery.
Team Opponent: Sito (Koko)
W/L/D: I lost; 0-5
Comments: Ugh, the moment I lost my utility mon to that one combo, I was forced to face the wrath of the real threat. x_x; I should've played this more carefully. Good game, though.

Team Opponent: Crazy0n389 (Koko)
Round#: 2
W/L/D: I won; 6-0
Comments: I actually like this guy's team. xP Although unfortunately, it was too vulnerable for toxic stall. I probably didn't need to go with that strategy, but I got a bit wary with certain mons. Good game!

Team Opponent: DJSummers (Bulu)
Round#: 3
W/L/D: I lost; 0-5
Comments: The misses... it's always the misses during my needed crucial moments, 'nuff said. ;w; Good game, otherwise!

Team Opponent: Morokei (Fini)
Round#: 4
W/L/D: I lost; 0-2
Comments: I somehow managed to pull off a few surprises, but once my Lele got paralyzed, I couldn't deal with his mega efficiently. Though I do feel content that I was able to get this battle pretty close. ^^ Very good game!

Team Opponent: Archstaraptor (Bulu)
W/L/D: I won; 4-0
Comments: His team had me worried for a moment because of two certain threats. But thankfully, I learned from my mistake in my battle against Sito for one of those threats. Once I managed to take out all his physical attackers, he had a hard time getting through a wall I still had. Lots of intense thinking going on in this battle. xD Good game!

---

Current Total Score: 2-3 (3 points)

Last edited:

Crazy0n389

Starry's Angels
Battle Result Form:
Team Opponent: Lele
W/L/D: loss
comments (please don't reveal teams): Strong effort. Had a bit of fun from the battle.

DJSummers

Ground-Type Champion
My signing in post, I'll keep editing it with my battle outcomes and total score.

Battle Result Forms

Team Opponent: Sito (Tapu Koko)
Round#: Round 1
W/L/D: Win 4 - 0
Comments (Please don't reveal teams): Good game, opponent had a few surprises, although they didn't kill, it gave them away.

Team Opponent: SilverLanayru (Tapu Lele)
Round #: Round 2
W/L/D: Win 5 - 0
Comments (Please don't reveal teams): Haxy game, opponent missed lots of moves, which caused defeat to come a bit quickly.

Team Opponent: Morokei (Tapu Fini)
Round #: Round 3
W/L/D: Loss 0 - 2
Comments (Please don't reveal teams): Was a really good game, opponent made some great predictions and an unfortunate miss from me didn't help.

Team Opponent: Marashu (Tapu Fini)
Round #: Round 4
Comments (Please don't reveal teams): Good game, nice predictions on both sides, just a speed mishap with my opponent which caused him to lose one of his needed mons.

Team Opponent: Zold (Tapu Lele)
Round #: Round 5
W/L/D: Loss 0 - 3
Comments (Please don't reveal teams): Tried to keep a certain mon alive, and made plays that ended up coming back to me in the end. Need to start keeping a certain mon alive.

Team Opponent: twinyoshi45 (Tapu Koko)
Round #: Round 6
Comments (Please don't reveal teams): Good game, started the battle off strong. Almost lost it when a mon started setting up for a potential sweep.

Team Opponent: Dunleosteus (Tapu Lele)
Round #: Round 7
Comments (Please don't reveal teams): Good game. First game got cut off by a random DC. Ended up doing a rematch, but I had the upper hand since I had my 3 fallen mons and knew a lot of his plays.

Team Opponent: DrasticPhase (Tapu Lele)
Round #: Round 8
W/L/D: Loss 0 - 1
Comments (Please don't reveal teams): Second guessed a lot of plays, and the minor hax in between.

(Next)
Team Opponent:
Round #:
W/L/D:
Comments (Please don't reveal teams):

Record Total & Points:
5 - 3 (12 Points)

Last edited:

Morokei

Pokegym Steel E4
Battle Result Forms

Team Opponent: Archstaraptor (Team Bulu)
W/L/D: Win 2 - 0
comments(please don't reveal teams): I had to play around this a bit actually since my team really can't take too many hits. I had what I thought was a great win con but I was forced to play around my walls to whittle his team. GG

Team Opponent: DJ Summers (Team Bulu)
Round#: Round 2
I was honestly on the ropes on this one, a prediction at the correct time and maybe a miss got me back into the game for the win. GG

Team Opponent: SilverLanayru (Team Lele)
In the beginning I really couldn't do anything his team was Phatttttt. But I managed to gain an upper hand with a key KO however that soon vanished when he was able to pull of two really amazing and effective lures. After his lures it came down to who had more sacks. GG

Team Opponent: Twinyoshi (Team Koko)
Round#: Round 4
W/L/D: Win 2-0 (I seem to be getting a lot of those 2-0s)
Twin got the lead match up on me and even KOed my switch in that turn with an amazing predict. However his team was weak to my wincon and he knew that but his check to my wincon got played a turn or two early so it took the damage necessary to no longer be a check. GG I kept expecting a certain priority move but it never came.

Team Opponent: Zold (Team Lele)
WL/D: Win (by forfeit) 4-3
It took some clever maneuvering. Needed Fini's Misty Terrain to set up for the win. Definitely a good game I had to spend a while to figure out the sets.

Team Opponent: Dunkleoestus (Lele)
Round#: 6
W/L/D: Lose 0-5
I was getting beat down in the beginning a bit but I thought I found an opening I needed. Some crits and a miss contributed but to be honest it came down to damage rolls anyway so I'm not sure how much those hax mattered. GG it definitely made me rethink the EV spread of a certain wallbreaker of mine.

Team Opponent: Drasticphase
Round#:7
W/L/D: Win 4-0
Pretty straight forward battle the scouting I did paid off and from there I was able set up a win condition.

Team Opponent: Sito (Koko)
Round#: 8
W/L/D: Lose 0-2
comments: Forgetting a certain mons speed tier let it run through my team, even thought about using a previously proven faster mon to finish it but I goofed, GG

Record Total & Points:
6 - 2 (16 Points)

Last edited:

Zold

Pokémon Breeder
Battle Result Forms
Team Opponent: DjSummers (Team Bulu)
W/L/D: Win 3 - 0
Comments(please don't reveal teams): Excellent battle, we both had a key Pokemon that was very effective, it made it an interesting and switch-heavy game.

Team Opponent: Sito (Team Koko)
Round#: Round 2
Comments(please don't reveal teams): We had a fun battle, I managed to gain the upperhand by predicting some of Sito's moves after luring out his sets.

Team Opponent: smokin' weedle (Team Fini)
Comments(please don't reveal teams): smokin' weedle outplayed me when it comes to predictions, but he simply had no way to break my defensive core. Well played.

Team Opponent: Morokei (Team Fini)
Round#: Round 4
W/L/D: Loss 4 - 3 (forfeit)
Comments(please don't reveal teams): Forgot about misty terrain, cost me the game.

Team Opponent: Twinyoshi (Team Koko)
Round#: Round 5
Comments(please don't reveal teams): We had a fast and enjoyable battle, not much else to say.

Team Opponent: ArchStaraptor (Team Bulu)
Round#: Round 6
Comments(please don't reveal teams): We had a poke and run game, eventually his Pokemon wore out before mine, which gave me the win.

Team Opponent: Marashu (Team Fini)
Round#: Round 7
W/L/D: Win 6 - 0
Comments(please don't reveal teams): Had a solid start with some right predictions, causing me to be able to pressure down his team.

Team Opponent: Conquer Phoenix (Team Bulu)
Round#: Round 8
Comments(please don't reveal teams): One of my sweepers had a strong advantage vs CP's team, which gave me some KO's. Was a good game though.

Team Opponent: Emiilava (Team Fini)
Round#: Round 9
W/L/D: Win 6 - 0
Comments(please don't reveal teams): Emii had some bad luck in the battle, causing me to get a clean sweep.

Team Opponent: FairWitch (Team Koko)
Round#: Round 10
Comments(please don't reveal teams): We had a long and a bit of a stally battle, but it was a lot of fun. Fairy's team is quite a challenge to beat!

Record Total & Points:
9 win - 1 loss (26 Points)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.