• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Battle Palace makes me rage!

I spend a lot of time in the battle frontier. I always like to bet my battle points with the guy in the pink hat. But all he wants me to do is beat the battle palace single battle mode, even though i beat it 4 times through his command... So, I go into the battle palace, i beat six trainers with luck and when the seventh trainer comes in, this is what happened:

Go, Alakazam!
Alakazam appears incapable of using its powers
Alakazam fainted!
Go, Tyrannitar!
Tyrannitar appears incapable of using its powers
Tyrannitar fainted!
Go, Aerodactyl!
Aerodactyl appears incapable of using its powers
Aerodactyl appears incapable of using its powers (x infinity)
Aerodactyl fainted! YOU LOSE! I BET YOU'RE RAGING RIGHT NOW

that's what happened...
I got so annoyed that i spent hours researching this on how i can prevent "Aerodactyl appears incapable of using its powers" but I didn't get anything. Hopefully, you guys will help me :) pwease?

Battle Palace team:
Alakazam
@Kings Rock
Modest nature
4HP/252SPATK/252SPD
Psychic
Fire Punch
Ice Punch
Thunder Punch

Tyrannitar
@Leftovers
Adamant nature
252HP/252ATK/4DEF
Rock Slide
Earthquake
Focus Punch
Aerial Ace

Aerodactyl
@Focus Band (this is gonna be a choice band after I get enough BP)
Adamant nature
32HP/252ATK/226SPD
Ancient Power (this is gonna be rock slide when i have enough BP)
Earthquake
Double-Edge
Aerial Ace

HELP ME PLEASE I'M BEGGING :'(

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
As what you really want is a team rate for your team, I'll just move the thread to the right section. RSE Discussion is for that - discussion on the games rather than asing for advice on your team.

Also that's hax for you in Pokemon.

Aura Sensei™

User Title
Alakazam @Lum Berry
Timid l Synchronize
{252 Sp.Atk. l 252 Speed l 4 HP}
• Psychic
• Thunderpunch
• Ice Punch
• Calm Mind

Basically it sets up and sweeps.

M4zz

Banned
Be careful of natures. That's what causes a Pokemon to choose what type of move it uses. the Modest and Adamant natures are probably the best, as they tend to have the higher hit ratios. I highly doubt the scenarios themselves played out like they did.

You have a bit of a Bug weakness. Could I suggest using a Gengar instead? It gives you a Fighting-Type resist as well, something that you could have troubles with.

Gengar@
Levitate
Modest Nature
4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
-Ice Punch / Psychic
-Thunderbolt
-Giga Drain
-Fire Punch

This set sacrifices support moves such as Will-O-Wisp and Hypnosis to gain the widest possible coverage against common Pokemon. With perfect neutral coverage, this set is effective against teams that play off resistances. Thunderbolt hits Skarmory and bulky Water-types such as Gyarados, Suicune, and Vaporeon, whereas Ice Punch nails Zapdos 40%, and OHKOes the common Dragon-types. Giga Drain nails Swampert, who shrugs off Gengar's other attacks and 2HKOes it with Hydro Pump. As Swampert is a common switch-in to Gengar, the opponent will have trouble against this set if Swampert is their only reliable check to it. Fire Punch, Gengar's last move, allows it to OHKO Forretress and Scizor, and 2HKO Magneton and Metagross. It's added resistances make it somewhat better than Alakazam too. Not too much a price to pay for lesser speed.

Darth Sabreus

Want to get a soda?
IIRC Modest was never the greatest nature for the Battle Palace. If you talk to the girl just left of the place who gives you a heads up on what your Pokemon likes to do in the Battle Frontier, she'll tell you that "It likes to looks after itself, especially if it gets a lot of ouchies!" I experimented with a Modest vs. a Timid Starmie, and I can tell you that the Timid one attacked far more times than the Modest one did.

Aura Sensei™

User Title
Tyranitar @Leftovers
Adamant l Sand Stream
{252 Atk. l 252 HP l 4 Def.}
• Dragon Dance
• Rock Slide
• Aerial Ace
• Earthquake

IMO this is the best set for it in 3rd Gen.EVs provide useful bulk and whatnot.