• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Battle Point machine (BT RMT)

oooo

Yay for the battle tower. This is a BT team that I am considering making for Diamond, not Platinum. This team is made to get me battle points as fast as possible, not to go on the longest streak possible. A similar team I had could reliably go through 1st round Palmer, which is what this team aims for. There may be more reliable strategies, but I chose one that, hopefully, could finish off teams fairly quickly. Anyways...

Smeargle (Jolly + Spd -Satk) @ Focus sash
Own Tempo
252HP/252spd/4def
Spore
Mind Reader
Sheer Cold
Shadow Sneak/Destiny Bond/Magic Coat

OHKO abuse. Pretty straight forward. Spore, mind reader, KO. I am unsure whether I should put Destiny bond to KO a slower, last-standing enemy, Shadow Sneak for Shedninja/focus items/endure, or Magic Coat for fast statusers. I could swap for Articuno, but Spore is really helpfull.

While there are a number of things that can disrupt my frail painter, I have counters for most of them:

Magic Coat:
If I predict one I will go straight to Mind Reader/KO
Natural Cure:
If I am certain that a poke has Natural Cure (which the BT AI likes to switch out after I spore them), then I will spore it and then spore the switch.
Early Bird:
I skip spore and hope for the best...
Sturdy:
If there is a chance that a poke has sturdy, I will switch to Garchomp. EQ hits the Magnezone and Aggron groups for 4x damage, and Fire Fang does okay against Skarmory and the Forretress group. Additionally, the Aggron goup likes to Protect and the Magnezone group likes to use electric moves, neither of which bother Chomp on the switch.
Priority move users:
Switch to Wobb, who resists the fighting ones, and conserve Smeargle's sash.
Snow warning/Sand Stream:
Might as well Spore first, as these are not the fastest foes and the Sash will inevitably be broken eventually, then switch to Chomp. Obama and Snover are, again, 4x weak to Chomp's Fire Fang, and the TTar group is weak to EQ. The Hippopowdon group may not be weak to anything my team has, but Chomp loves the sandstorm.

Wobbuffet (Impish +Def - Satk) @ Leftovers/Lum Berry
Shadow Tag
126 Def/126 Sdef/4 HP
Counter
Mirror Coat
Safeguard
Encore

He will go out after Smeargle if I think that Chomp cannot outspeed and OHKO the enemy, providing that it isn't using dark or bug moves. I should have seen the enemy poke KO Smearlge at this point, so I should know if it is special or physical. If I think that he will do something else, I will encore. If he is not attacking, I will switch to Chomp, who, if holding the Lum Berry, should also be able to take status.

Garchomp (Jolly +Spd -Satk or Adamant +Atk -Satk) @ Choice Band/Choice Scarf/Lum Berry/Leftovers
Sand Stream
252 Atk/252 Spd/4 HP
EQ
Fire Fang
Outrage
Crunch/Dragon Claw/Substitute

Went overboard with the item options...but they should be narrowed down after Wobb's item is chosen (stupid item clause). Now this is tricky. I want to be able to outspeed and OHKO Palmer's Dragonite and Rhyperior, but I do not know which nature/Choice item combo works best for this without sacrificing too much attack. As Chomp may very well be my last poke, lefties/subbing could give survivability against status, although the Lum berry
might be better if I am switching into an encored poke using a status move. I am also afraid of Outrage confusion, because If I do not have a Lum Berry, Chomp will most likely KO himself (Thus the Dragon Claw). Lastly, I fear being locked into a move by a choice item, especially EQ, so the Choice items may not be the way to go...

What do you think?

oooo

I dunno, another rater on someone else's Chomp said that you should not bother boosting in the BT. If Garchomp goes up last, there is probably only one enemy left and not much use for dancing.

^ It's true, Chomp shouldn't be Boosting. Stick with Choice Band, run a Jolly Nature, and I would say run Outrage / Earthquake / Fire Blast / Dragon Claw. Crunch really isn't that helpful, as most Psychics / Ghosts are hit harder by your STAB Outrage.

Other than that, your Wobbufet should be running 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpDef. Wob has such huge HP that you should usually just max out Defenses to take hits better.

And Smeargle is completely shut down by Taunt, barring a miracle, and you have no saving grace for a strong Priority Attack.

swiss614

i agree, choice band is better then SD. i was just saying if he didn't want to run a choice band, then SD was a possibility.

oooo

^ It's true, Chomp shouldn't be Boosting. Stick with Choice Band, run a Jolly Nature, and I would say run Outrage / Earthquake / Fire Blast / Dragon Claw. Crunch really isn't that helpful, as most Psychics / Ghosts are hit harder by your STAB Outrage.

Other than that, your Wobbufet should be running 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpDef. Wob has such huge HP that you should usually just max out Defenses to take hits better.

And Smeargle is completely shut down by Taunt, barring a miracle, and you have no saving grace for a strong Priority Attack.

For some reason, I don't ever recall being taunted much in the BT, must have gotton lucky. Anyway, if I do predict a taunt, I could switch to Chomp who could care less. And I said that wobb would be my 'counter' (no pun inteded) for priority moves, as he resists some of them - is there something wrong with my reasoning here? Am I missing something?
Also, are lefties the best thing for wobb now, seeing as the encored status moves that Lum berry protects against will be used again, so wobb will end up statused anyway?

Last edited: