• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Battle Revolution Ranks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deboog

Seribii Staff...rly!
When I first got battle revolution I was a noob and didn't know a thing about compedetive battling. As you can guess, I got owned on wifi. Anyway, now I am much better and have a good team with some EV trained pokes (I'm was to exited to use my dragonite and went on wifi before my team was done) and I seem to be facing harder opponents. At first I fought many uber noobs, which I pwned, but now I'm getting some real enemies. The only 2 reasons I can think of are: Uber noobs are stopping playing PBR (I wish...) and, there is a hidden ranking system built in on wifi. People who have higher ranks play eachother. It explains why after you beat a few uber noobs, you stop seeing them. It also explains why people would disconnect, other then just being retards.

wiigamer

I'm not sure whether such a thing exists. Wouldn't it make more sense to have an openly viewable ranking system?

That way you could choose the level you wanted your opponent to be, or something like that.

BadIntent

MSankey
Nah, not at all. Just a few days ago I battled some really talented opponents with great strategies and I won about 6 in a row. I was thinking the same thing that maybe I was ranking up or something. Next battle: 4 Kyogres and 2 Groudons. So much for wishful thinking...
A viewable one would be great though

Blazios

I'm inclined to agree with you. I haven't fought a single n00ber team in about 40-50 battles (Nearest I got was fighting a team of EV trained ubers). In fact, most fights are becoming quite a challenge. Don't know if it's my bad luck or if your idea is correct.

SowrdXDance

Wish Upon this Star
I'm not to sure about that theory because I've beaten my fair share of Uber teams, and I've even then I still get trainers with rental Pokemon, but maybe thats just me. I don't think Nintendo would have put a ranking system in anyway, or maybe they did secretly, I'm don't really know.

Deboog

Seribii Staff...rly!
Nah, not at all. Just a few days ago I battled some really talented opponents with great strategies and I won about 6 in a row. I was thinking the same thing that maybe I was ranking up or something. Next battle: 4 Kyogres and 2 Groudons. So much for wishful thinking...
A viewable one would be great though

A possible reason you fought 4 Kyogres and 2 Groudons is that the person disconnected every time he was close to loosing, causing him to never go down in rank.

BadIntent

MSankey
Ahh, that could be it. Also I did find this on Nintendo's site for PBR:

"You can also square off against Trainers from around the world using Pokémon Battle Revolution's Wi-Fi Rank system, which pits you against Trainers that have skill levels similar to your own."

Looks like there is some sort of secret rank system going on. Kinda sucks for me though because I have a high win ratio with my newest teams, but I lose a fair share battles with my older teams. I still use them a lot just for fun but it looks like that could be why I battle so many lackluster uber teams...

Or maybe the game is suggesting that I suck?

Last edited:

TurtwigFan1

burning it down
Dunno, but a rank system would be good, you could choose what rank you want to challenge and it would make it a lot easier. This is unrelated, but I also wish, over Wi-Fi, we could have full 6-on-6 battles.

TyranitarFan

Professional Badass
a ranking system would be cool because you see the the leaders and watch yourself rank up. kinda like online Halo.

ravenzala232

ledgendary silver
ranking would be awsome cause then you could beat people you never knew existed before

Deboog

Seribii Staff...rly!
People, this is about the possibilty of an actual hidden ranking system right now! Not what they should add.

Rad3n

Banned
I think that the n00bers have just gone down in number. I mean; losing over and over again to standard teams when using Ubers must kill their confidence.

Splitzman

Bad to the Horn
There's been a decrease like some you have stated. Prehapes they've started switched tactics is my guess.

Hmm, seems like if they had a rank system that you would be able to see it somehow...
I don't really know though... I'm not very good...

Firehawk10590

Never lost a randbat
If there wasn't ranks, the game would be unfair because unskilled people could be matched up with skilled people, and that would not be a good game experience.

BadIntent

MSankey
If there wasn't ranks, the game would be unfair because unskilled people could be matched up with skilled people, and that would not be a good game experience.

Yes, but that's how it ends up most of the time. A lot of people criticize PBR for it's lack of an effective ranking system.

the elite trainer

Warrior Of Darkness
There probably is but it probably resets every 48 hours or so. You know so if you get so high in a rank you can't fight anyone.

babyis37

Baby Einstein

1 .Baby Noah Animal Expedition DVD* A musical introduction to animals around the globe* Features bonus language learning with Spanish, French and English tracks* Includes the music of Beethoven, Mozart and Strauss* Appropriate from 1 year

Status
Not open for further replies.