• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Battle Rhythm

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShuckleArmy

Heads or Tails?
I've been practising on PS with my NU team it's going well, except one type does some serious damage to my team... which I won't say XD

QUESTION: Can we switch teams during the tournament?

Liltwick

Just your Sleepy FIzzy Mod
Torm and Sheps together is like making us screwed over now.

My teams going Okay ,I need to replace some pokes.

silverangel

Metal Fairy
I'm working on a NU troll team. Prepared to be trolled.

Sheps™

Tick,Tick,Tick....
I'm working on a NU troll team. Prepared to be trolled.

There are more things to troll with in NU than are legitimate, so you should have some success.

Honestly I'm at a dissadvantage since most of you know what I run, and I'm pretty sure Sparkbeat knows every set I run by heart.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So it looks like we will be going to War against The Hoenn Triangle. Here is the tenetive lineup.

-Sheps
-Spiderman123
-Tormented
-Burnt Toast
-Skydriver

Subs:
SJU Baseball
Lost Requirem

I know our lineup is shifting a little bit, Sparks has been left out since he is out of town. And Traz has been kept out since he is running the CC team and has All-Star week. I suspect we won't need him though.

If this lineup doesnt work for anyone please let me know as soon as possible.

Last edited:

EZ Target?

You Lack Da Moxie
Opponents Name (Serebii): sheps
Your Name (Serebii): spiderman123
Score: win 2-0
Anything Else?:i haxed him

silverangel

Metal Fairy
110.gif

Weezing's stats:

65 HP
90 attack
120 defense
85 special attack
70 special defense
60 speed

Ability-Levitate

Notable Moves:
Haze
Sludge Bomb
Explosion
Destiny Bond
Memento
Toxic
Thunderbolt/Thunder
Flamethrower/Fire Blast
Shadow Ball
Will-o-wisp
Gyro Ball
Substitute
Taunt
Protect
Return/Frustration
Pain Split
Dark Pulse
Sleep Talk
Rest
Curse
Clear Smog

One example set:

Curzing
James the Weezing @ Leftovers/Chesto Berry
Ability- Levitate
Careful Nature. 252 HP, 252 sp. def, 4 def
Curse
Rest/Pain Split
Gyro Ball
Sleep Talk/Explosion/Return

Don't know how this would work, but I'm just providing basic data on Weezing. The Curse set allows Weezing to attack on the physical side. Curse boosts its attack and defense while lowering its speed. Rest increases it durability, and Weezing can use Chesto Berry to wake up or resort to Sleep Talk. The speed drop from Curse can boost the power of Gyro Ball to high levels. Finally, explosion and Return are more like coverage moves, with Explosion seeming like a middle finger to the opponent, and Return for some more coverage, also dealing with Gyro Ball's low 8 PP. Pain Split can be used over Rest for Pseudo-recovery

Physical Tank
James the Weezing @ Leftovers
Ability- Levitate
Bold Nature. 252 HP, 252 def, 4 sp. def
Flamethrower/Haze/Clear Smog
Thunderbolt/Haze/Clear Smog
Pain Split
Will-o-wisp/Toxic

What this set does is act like a physical tank and haze set-up sweepers. Flamethrower and Thunderbolt are his coverage moves, while Haze or Clear Smog can be used over either two moves to remove status buffs. Pain Split is his pseudo-recovery, and Will-o-wisp can spread status, further boosting his physical defense. Toxic can be used to force Blissey and Chansey out.

Teammates:
Good teammates for both sets are Dugtrio, Wobbuffet, and Magnezone, who can all trap steel types and KO them, seeing as all of them wall Weezing pretty nicely. A special wall would also be great, such as Tyrannitar, who can take psychic moves and has a boosted special defense in sand, and Blissey/Chansey, both which have amazing special defense stats. Weezing also resists the fighting types attacks all three of them hate, and is immune to ground, which Tyrannitar also dislikes. Heatran can also function as a special wall of the ball of gas, taking special hits that Weezing can't take.

Threats:
If Weezing doesn't have Thunderbolt, Heatran can wall him for all eternity. Steel types in general wall the Curse set, but they must be wary of a Flamethrower or Thunderbolt from the Physical Tank. Powerful Special attackers, such as Alakazam, Mismagius, and Espeon, can all nail him on his only one weakness: Psychic. Taunt would also be a pain to Weezing, as then set-up sweepers can set up, though a Clear Smog will wipe the grins off all their faces if they're not a Jirachi. SubCM Latias and Jirachi can set up on Weezing that don't have Haze, though the former has to beware of Gyro Ball. Finally, this guy is pretty slow, so it is rather easy to Encore him on a useless move and use him as set-up bait.

That's all I have for now, hope it helps. Remember, you don't have to make a pokemon the star of the team. It can also function greatly as a support pokemon or a wallbreaker.

Last edited:

Liltwick

Weezing is a very respectable pokemon in it's own right, with stats making it a Good SubSplitter, Wisper, and Physical Wall/Tank, but it has some meddling weaknesses, but there is one pokemon who's able to make his weaknesses be scared for life, that pokemon? Weavile

461.gif

Requiem Aeternam @ Choice Band/Scarf
Pressure
4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe
Adament Nature(+Atk, -SAtk), or Jolly Nature (+Spe, -SAtk)
-Ice Shard
-Ice Punch
-Night Slash/Foul Play
-Low Kick

110.gif

Momento Mori @ Black Sludge
Levitate
252 Def/ 252 SDef/4 Atk or SAtk
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk), Impish (+Def, -Atk) Calm (+SDef, -Atk) or Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
-Momento/Destiny Bond
-Will-o-Wisp
- Pain Split
-Gyro Ball/Fire Blast/Flamethrower/Thunderbolt/Return/Double Hit

Here, I present to you the WeezWeav Core, one of the best, underrated cores in the Meta-Game. Due to Weezing's Immense Physical Bulk, it can tank common Fighting, Rock, and Steel type moves aimed at Weavile and hit the attackers back with a Will-O-Wisp, as most of these attackers are Physical. Momento is there to really mess up a huge threat to your team, but Destiny Bond is the alternative choice if you feel like you can set it up, but Weezing's generally to slow. No HP Investment is a good thing as Pain Split will be doing a lot more damage to the opponent, while healing you more. Gyro Ball if for faster threats, Fire Blast Roasts Ferrothorn, Thunderbolt for Waters, Return if you feel like it, and Double hit the break Sashes and Subs and get in some extra damage.

Weavile's job it to take a Psychihc type attack on the switch in, and then play the guessing games with people. Ice Shard if for faster threats that are weak to ice, Ice Punch hits harder and for more damage against certain pokemon, Night Slash is usually the better choice, but any non-fighting type will regret switching onto Foul Play if they have high Attack. Low Kick is for Terrakion, Steels, and other Weavile

Last edited:

silverangel

Metal Fairy
Even better, a Tyrazing core.

248.gif

Jessie the Tyrannitar @ Leftovers
Ability- Sand Stream
Sassy Nature. 252 HP, 4 Atk, 252 sp. def
Stealth Rock
Pursuit
Crunch
Fire Blast/Stone Edge/Superpower/Ice Beam

110.gif

James the Weezing @ Black Sludge
Ability-Levitate
Bold Nature. 252 HP, 252 def, 4 sp. Atk
Flamethrower/ Clear Smog
Thunderbolt
Pain Split
Will-o-wisp/Memento

Tyrannitar can switch in on any psychic type attack in the game and kill the psychic type with a Pursuit, hence why he's a great teammate of Weezing. Sure, sandstorm will hinder Weezing, but with Black Sludge recovery, it won't really affect the gas ball. Tyrannitar's Stone Edge makes Ninetales hard-pressed to switch in, while Politoed won't like a Thunderbolt from Weezing. Weezing can also take any physical fighting type attack for Tyrannitar, as well as ground type moves, making the T-Rex thankful for pollution. Memento on Weezing allows a way for set-up sweepers to set up, such as Shell Smash Cloyster.

All right, everyone else, get team building!

Liltwick

Though, there are flaws in that core. First of all Politoed is most Likely faster thant Weezing and can OHKO with Hydro Pump, even in the rain. Most Psychihc types carry Focus Blast as well, and if they know they can live they'll most likely do that, it seems better but it's not as good as Weavile, and T-Tar is Priority bait.

Sheps™

Tick,Tick,Tick....
Both Cores won't last against any rain team or most Jirachi's. But I like where you guys are looking at for teammates. But Weezing isn't going to be as offensive as you guys are thinking. I was thinking of maybe pairing it with a Chansey. go for a full stall core and build from there.

SkyDriver

Hiding in the grass
Weezing set:
Weezing @ Choice Specs
Levitate
Modest, 252 Hp/252 Spa/4 SpD
-Sludge Wave
-Fire Blast
-Thunderbolt/Thunder
-Dark Pulse

A Weezing that can take out opponents with right prediction. SWave is STAB, hitting Grass types and ... Grass types super effectively, and is just that bit stronger than SBomb. Fire Blast takes out the Steel types that aren't hit by poison, and Thunderbolt deals with Water and Flying types. Thunder can be used on a rain team. Dark Pulse is here to kill incoming Psychic types. Another option in the final slot is HP [Ice], to kill Dragons and Ground types. Offensive Weezing's main power isthe surprise factor, that has it KO at least 1 opponent per battle, and besides that, also counters Scizor.

On a side note, thanks for puuting me on the war team :D But please do not let me play the decisive battle :3

SkyDriver

Hiding in the grass
Opponents name: SparkBeat
Your name: SkyDriver
Score:Lose, 1-0
Anything Else?: GG (same battle as above)

Opponents name: SparkBeat
Score: Win, 1-0
Anything Else?: GG

Opponents name: Sheps
Score: Win, 4-2 (Ragequit)

Opponents name: Lost Requiem
Score: Win, 3-0

Opponents name: Lst Requiem
Score: Lose, 4-0
Anything Else?: HAX! but congrats on victory

Last edited:

EZ Target?

You Lack Da Moxie
weezing should go with ttar as weezing resists/immune to fighting grass ground and bug which are most of ttars weekness while ttar is immune to weezings only weekness psychic, i think.if we add sp def rotom to tank rain hits and add an offensive dragon like latios into the mix the looks solid. as for play styles it should be balanced or stall(dont pick stall...). its movepool is pretty diverse and it has average attacking stats both sides.

Liltwick

Serebii Name: Monster Guy
PS Name: Monster Guy
Referrer: Lost Requiem
Division Preference: Bass
Wifi? (If so, what is your FC?) FC is in sig.
Battle Theme (Favorite Song) This Day Aria
Anything else?: Surprise?

*Tackle Hugs* Thanks Mon! Anyways thank you for being our first Wi-Fi person our Wi-Fi side is basically non-existent, and you can still battle on PS right?

Woot, we have another talker XD Hopefully

Sheps™

Tick,Tick,Tick....
Serebii Name: Monster Guy
PS Name: Monster Guy
Referrer: Lost Requiem
Division Preference: Bass
Wifi? (If so, what is your FC?) FC is in sig.
Battle Theme (Favorite Song) This Day Aria
Anything else?: Surprise?

Hey I know you! Welcome aboard. Bass is fine and if you do have PS let me know and we can schedule a test battle.

silverangel

Metal Fairy
We could try a sand team with Weezing. Weezing can take hits that Tyrannitar can't take. Tyrannitar is immune to Weezing's only weakness. Gastrodon, Vaporeon, and Jellicent can take water-types hits. Vaporeon can Wish-pass, Jellicent can spinblock, and Gastrodon just scares away pokemon from the rain. Also, sure, psychic types carry focus blast, but it misses too often, and they have absolutely no reason to stay in on anything that can kill them in one shot. However, those behind a substitute can get two chances to hit with Focus Blast. Forretress can be a spinner alongside the team. We could also have a SubToxic Gliscor to troll the opponent with.

Also, Lit, Weaville is pretty frail. And it has a 4x fighting weakness. At least Tyrannitar can tank a Focus Blast in the sand from non-specs psychic types. Also, with Scizor in almost every OU team, Weaville rarely gets a chance to shine. Then again, we're using an NU pokemon in OU.

If we do use my suggestion, then the team would be like.

Weezing
Tyrannitar
Gastrodon/Vaporeon/Jellicent
Forretress
Gliscor
Maybe Heatran to take fire-type hits.

Status
Not open for further replies.