• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Battle Rhythm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sparkbeat

FLASH! AAAHHHAAA!
Serebii Name: Monster Guy
PS Name: Monster Guy
Referrer: Lost Requiem
Division Preference: Bass
Wifi? (If so, what is your FC?) FC is in sig.
Battle Theme (Favorite Song) This Day Aria
Anything else?: Surprise?

Welcome to the clan! Always fun to have another brony here :D Updated Bass Division.

For the CCAT I'm liking the Tyraneezing core (Crappy name ik). I say we go with these sets-

248.gif

Tyranitar (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 180 HP / 252 Atk / 76 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Superpower

Pretty much trap ANY AND ALL special attackers that are pursuit weak. The just plow through everything else.

110.gif

Weezing (F) @ Custap Berry
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Destiny Bond
- Fire Blast
- Will-O-Wisp
- Sludge Wave

Something funky I decided to try. The goal is to use will-o-wisp to cripple, fire blast to eliminate steels, sludge wave for STAB, and then let yourself get low on health then pop a d-bond and take out a strong attacker.
Now we need something to take out Keldeo and Heatran could cause some problems, especially the lava plume variants. So I think Gyarados will help.

130.gif

Gyarados (F) @ Leftovers
Trait:
EVs: 56 HP / 248 Atk / 204 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Substitute
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Bounce

Standard DD dos, but it fits perfectly on this team. Ttar can take electric attacks for it, and weezing handles terrakion and other rock type attackers. Substitute makes scald burn non-existant, DD to set up and sweep, and Waterfall and Bounce for STAB and perfect coverage for Heatran and Keldeo, our top threats. If we go with Dos, then next we need to add a solid special attacker so we can beat Skarmory and Forretress.

One more thing. For all of our PS only battlers, I suggest going to our xat. Its the best way to find clan members when they're on...even though I'm usually the only one there. But if all our PS battlers go on there when they're on, it will be easier to arrange battles with other members currently online.

Last edited:

silverangel

Metal Fairy
Strange, the xat doesn't seem to be working on iPad......

Sheps™

Tick,Tick,Tick....
Announcement: I'll host the movie on our plug Dj if Sparks doesnt show up and fix the problem in time

Edit: Rockman get s 70 BP from his test battle.

Last edited:

Liltwick

Just your Sleepy FIzzy Mod
The Movie is starting, I repeat the movie is Starting!!!!

Nevermind....

Opponents Name (Serebii):Sparkbeat
Your Name (Serebii):Lost Requiem
Score: 1-0 Win
Anything Else?: Super Rusty in RU, and confirming Sky's Games

Last edited:

silverangel

Metal Fairy
Wait, when will the NU tourney start?

Liltwick

Just your Sleepy FIzzy Mod

Sheps™

Tick,Tick,Tick....
8439634056_8d637cebaa.jpg
Is over! Thanks for everyone who participated, keep battling!

As far as other stuff. I would have made the new page tonight, but I need a RMT from one of you guys to feature first. So somebody send me one and I'll make it! Also suggestions for a pokemon of the week would be helpful too.

Finally, I know it's a little late, but I'd like to start a tradition of having a member of the month. With that being said, January's winner was SkyDriver for his great commitment, discussion and accomplishment from the minute the clan was born. Take a cool 50 BP and I'll have you a UB made if you wish.

SkyDriver

Hiding in the grass
Bye-bye Spark :3

For the CCAT I think Gyara would do great, with synergy and stuff. For something to take electric moves I suggest Gastrodon. Idk if you like the defensive, but I prefer Specstrodon:
Gastrodon @ Choice Specs
Modest
Storm Drain (to scare away many Rotom and rain in general)
252 Hp/4 Def/252 SpD
-Surf
-Ice Beam
-Earth Power
-HP Fire

Come in on an electric attack, anticipate the switch-in, and kill it. Surf is gassy's most powerful water STAB, Ice beam kills the water resistant Dragon and Grass pokes. EPower is secondary STAB, to deal more damage to opposing Waters, and HP Fire OHKO's Scizor on the switch and 2HKO's its friends. +1 Stab Surf in rain: 2-3HKO Politoed. 2HKO Rotom-W (offensive).

Yay member of the month :3 Thank you! (I'd like another UB for my siggy :3 Can you put an animated Haxorus on?) If you need some unorthodox sets for our POTW I'll be glad to contribute some :D

silverangel

Metal Fairy
I might get working on an RMT then. Of I do. It will be a troll team.

Specs Gastrodon is pretty great, I have seen before. Wasn't the guy on that team with the Porygon2, SkyDriver?

EZ Target?

You Lack Da Moxie
Opponents Name (Serebii): rockman.exe
Your Name (Serebii): spiderman123
Score:win 5-0
Anything Else?: that para :O

Sheps™

Tick,Tick,Tick....
Hey guys, posted the meta corner section! Check it out. Also, I will be pretty much completely unavailable from Feb 7th to the 10th. All question then should go to Lit or Sneasel. Thanks!

Also, in order to spark some discussion on here, I want to know. What typing combo do you hope is introduced in gen 6. Although it would be super broken and probably go to ubers right away, I'd love to see a dragon/steel combo.

Edit: Fuuuuuu Its not there for some reason, I'll try again.

Last edited:

Monster Guy

Fairy type Trainer
I want a Fire/Grass type with Chylrophyll. :p Most of their weaknesses cancel each other.

Weak to: Rock, Flying, Poison (Rock is really the only troublesome one...)
Resists: Electric, Steel, 4x Grass

STABed Sun boosted Fire moves and the Chylorophyll Speed Boost might get it banned, but that would really depend on it's stats. (I'd hope for it to be Special Sweeper-ish. High Special Attack, decent speed, and fair to bad in everything else.) Plus, it would still be Stealth Rock weak...

Sun teams need more love...

Last edited:

Apollo77

John Doe
A Ghost/Steel. Only weak to Fire and Ground, but is immune to/resists: Normal, Fighting, Poison, Grass, Ice, Rock, Psychic, Dragon, Steel, Bug, and Flying. Defensive powerhouse right there, considering as a Ghost it'll probs get Will-O-Wisp, Toxic, Pain Split, and other super stall-war moves.

Sheps™

Tick,Tick,Tick....
So, its 11:00 at night here, and I'm too tired to post a lot of details but I thought of what I think could be a pretty epic rain core. So tell me what you guys think! I'm mostly looking for counters. or whether it actually sucks. I know its dragon weak at the moment. I'll try and fix it with the last two slots.

Politoed-SPD set,
Gastrodon-Specs
Latias- CM set with Recover, Surf
Lucario- SD + 3 Prio

Thanks! :D

SkyDriver

Hiding in the grass
For new type combo's, give us normal/ghost :3 finally a check to Ghost/Fighting coverage. Also, a Dragon/Bug would be great, Outrage + Megahorn :D

On a side note, what/where is our competitive section?

silverangel

Metal Fairy
I really want a good Ghost/Steel type. A Normal/Ghost type wouldn't hurt either, just watch out for Tyrannitar.

Status
Not open for further replies.