• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Battle Rhythm

Status
Not open for further replies.

SkyDriver

Hiding in the grass
If I'm needed for the war I'll be there. Good luck guys ;D let's kick some ***

silverangel

Metal Fairy
I'm not in the war team? Oh well. I've been sucking at the last two tourneys, anyways.

silverangel

Metal Fairy
Hey guys, question of the moment!!

What cheap strategies do you use in a double battle? You do not have to regard Smogon rules

While Justified abuse is my favorite, I have also found out a few more, such as Victini using Role Play to copy Spinda or Shuckle's Contrary, then firing off Overheats and V-Creates. I've even found a cheaper strategy, where Bisharp or Abomasnow copy Machamp's No Guard with Role Play and......spam 100% accurate Sheer Colds and Guillotines. Landorus can also copy No Guard and use Fissure. Wow, so that's why we have a OHKO clause.

Liltwick

Just your Sleepy FIzzy Mod
My Personal favorite Doubles Strategy is Trick Room+ Power Trickle Shuckle.

If you set it up correctly, Shuckle will be the literal definition of a mixed Glass Cannon, and can easily destroy the opposing team. Another Cheap Stragety to me is Amoongus+Articuno in VGC. Since Sleep and OHKO clause doesn't exist there, a combo of Spore, Rage Powder, Mind Reader, and Sheer Cold easily destroys teams.

And Speaking of No Guard, if Chandelure can get it, it can fire off my personal combination ever

Inferno+Hex. A guaranteed KO.

Last edited:

Sheps™

Tick,Tick,Tick....
Lost my War match, sorry guys. I'll probably take myself off the team at this point since its pretty clear I pull the team down and cost us wars.

Also taking a break from pokemon for a little bit. I'll check the thread and stuff. But logging on at midnight after a full day of work to loss and take shots from several people isnt what I consider fun, so I'm stepping away for a little bit.

Sparkbeat is obviously in charge.

Liltwick

So it seems Deo-D is now banned by Smogon

So, what is everyone's thoughts about Deo-D's banning? How will the Meta Game be effected? Which Pokemon will rise to OU with this Ban, if any? DO you think Heavy/Hyper Offense will survive now that it's main Pokemon is banned?

Jazz™

Not exactly Orthodox
Wait WHAT! SHEPS GOES INACTIVE AND DEOXYS D GET BANNED IN THE SAME DAY! WHO LEADS HARMONY? WHO LEADS MY HO TEAM?

silverangel

Metal Fairy
Harmony will be lead by Sparkbeat, I suppose. And Jazz Hands HO team will be lead by Focus Sash Mamoswine or Terrakion.

Personally, I think certain pokemon are easy to counter in OU (that's me, yeah). I remember my Misdreavus walled every Genesect that didn't run Iron Head (and as most Genesect ran Choice Scarf, it was likely). After paralyzation, Gensect was neutered as a threat. Tornadus-T was tested when I was using my Paraflinch team, so paralyzation also ruined its game. Recently, I've been playing Smogon Doubles, so I didn't see Deoxys D. In fact, I think it is easily beaten by a faster Taunt user (Whimsicott) or just something that can OHKO-2HKO it (looking at you, Choice Band Victini).

Sparkbeat

FLASH! AAAHHHAAA!
Has busiest first half of week ever.

Comes back as dictator and lots of **** happened. I'll be on PO tonight. If you see this Sheps try to be on PO in about 10 hours or so just to talk over some things.

As for countering deoD, you have a few options. Any Xatu or Espeon beats it. Faster taunters like terrakion beat it without mental herb. CB scizor u-turn to gengar let's it only get rocks, unless it runs t-wave. Then you just gave up your gengar, and blues will hunt you down and make you pay. So, the ways to beat it really depend on what moves it's running. Unless you have Espeon or Xatu, it should always have a way to get at least rocks up.

One other thing. Do you think Excadrill should be brought back to OU with sand rush banned(like how sand veil is now banned) I'd like to see it back so we can have a way to get rocks up against Espeon and Xatu thanks to mold breaker.

Last edited:

Apollo77

John Doe
I loved trolling Deo-D with Xatu, so this ban doesn't really impact my game at all. But honestly, I see no reason why you can't just kill the damn Espeon/Xatu, then set up. In one match I played, I led with T-Tar that knew Stealth Rock, and he had something not his Espeon out first. Knowing he'd switch, I used Crunch, he switched in Espeon, and I took it out, then proceeded to put down Stealth Rock, no problem. You just have to see it coming.

SkyDriver

Hiding in the grass
banned from OU that Deoxys? that'd be great for me, always have trouble with pokes that bulky ;)

silverangel

Metal Fairy
I never had trouble with bulky threats. Really, I usually carry a wallbreaker pokemon with me.

Sheps™

Tick,Tick,Tick....
Usually we chat on the PO but I agree. Xat should start being our primary chat source.

Liltwick

I do agree as well, like I said I wanted to revive our Xat. I don't like PO anymore, honestly

Anyways I think we should hold a double points weekend... We seem to have dived off a cliff.

EZ Target?

You Lack Da Moxie
I'm no longer a member of the xat :[ but i prefer po since the xat sometimes crashes for me but ill go xat if people are there

Status
Not open for further replies.