• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Battle Rhythm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the welcome, really busy this week so not sure if I'll have time for a test battle if that's ok with u guys. Jus put me in lowest rank if I take to long

Whalekins

Fresca, I got a Charmander from the Surprise Egg that you gave me! :D

If you want, I could apply for a junior artist... Do I need a different form?

SkyDriver

Hiding in the grass
Hey guys! Lost here, and we've decided we'll be doing a Metronome tournament as our first tournament. While it's not going to be up for a bit, just thought I'd like to let everyone know. But I am also going to talk about a project I've been working on. I guess you can say this is our current "event", but it's more of a side project that all of us (who are going to participate) can work on at our own pace. Now, what is this project exactly? Well, I guess the best way to say it is that we're going to be creating, well more defining, the NFE meta game.

What is NFE you may ask? NFE stands for Not Fully Evolved, meaning any Pokemon that has the possibility to permanently evolve (So on, Pokes with Mega Evos don't get to particpate). Now some of you may be thinking, "But wait! Lost, we already have a NFE meta game in Middle/Little Cup!" No, Middle Cup is Middle Cup, Little Cup is Little Cup. NFE is where those two are combined and all Pokemon are at Lv. 100, not their set levels in the tier. This creates a much more diverse meta game where people can use Pokemon such as Togetic and Ferroseed together. Now, like I said, this is more of defining this meta game. I've already thought up of soem bans, but I'd like to see the general consensus. Note these ar my bans for 5th Gen. Only one I'll carry over to when 6th gen if officially released on PS.

1.The Pokemon Dusclops, Chansey, and Porygon2 are banned. These Pokemon, while making stall a really good option for stall in the tier, are way too bulky for most NFE mons to handle after an eviolite. Heck, most fully evovled Pokemon can't handle Eviolite Chansey.

2. Sun is banned. Now I know that this will cause some major outcry, but look at the past. In a rainless meta game Sun becomes a really dominant force and becomes a bit too centralizing. So yes, Sand and Hail is still allowed because they don't have as much abusers and other things, but Sun? No thank you.

3. Only two eviolites per team. This is to ensure that this doesn't become a bulky offensive/stall meta game. Eviolite is over centralizing in my opinion, so limiting people to two really makes it hard to have a go to item. It also makes more offensive teams viable here, especially with the likes of Magneton and Scyther.

If anyones interest, great! Either talk to me or post on the thread. I'll be sure to have a lot of Mini-tours for NFE, and I hope this becomes a successful meta game! Also remember that these will change when X & Y is released on PS (And we'll make changes in due time). I hope everyone as fun :)!

Yea Chansey needs a ban. Dusclops, P2? Can't you just ban an Eviolite on them? They are good offensively even without Eviolite. Could be worth giving a shot.

Sounds great :D Just wondering: Why not ban weather altogether? Or allow sun, cuz it'll be weather war nontheless. I don't see how a sun team consisting of NFE pokes can do much harm... I think Sand will bring the worst troubles with Sand Rush Drilbur and perhaps Herdier.

I think Eviolite needs a complete ban, cuz the walls that will carry it are usually in NU or LU already, so they can wall an entire team with just those 2 evio's (Ferro-Frillish). By banning it it would stimulate picking different items that will make this a much more strategic metagame :)

Just my opinion on the topic, I can be convinced to other opinons :)

Right then! Might also add an "art experience" category. Thanks much!

Serebii Name: KirliaAndVaporeon
PO/PS Name: I don't have either, I am simply here to provide an artist for this group. I can download though, if need be.
Battling Experience: Participated in 2 tournaments, and sparred against my little brother for a while, not that good though.
3DS/X/Y FC: In sig, it's 1289-8400-6077.
B(2)/W(2) FC: I lost W and W2 :(
PASBL TL (Leave blank if you don't know what PASBL is):
Job Request (Artist, Breeder, etc.): Artist please.
Battle Theme (Favorite Song): I think "Burn", Ellie Golding.
Referrer: None.
Art experience: Can create u(b)serbars, banners and owns a scanner. I am practicing recolours and pixel-overs.

Smeargle Smeargle Smeargle... What to draw? :D

WillieNelson

(K.A.V., I will love you forever if you draw something with Swoobat)

Anyway, here is progress update #1 of 9 of my Pokemon X playthrough. I went through the generic opening stuff, and when I got to my Pokemon, I picked Fennekin and named it HURGEN, after my brother's Skyrim character, who is an awesome Breton mage who specializes in fire (Technically Destruction, which is fire, lighning, and ice, but he mainly uses fire). So I went to the forest, and just for the hell of it, I caught a Pikachu, which I named Sparkbeat <3 and trained it on the forest trainers. When I got to the city, I beat every trainer I could with HURGEN to level him up for the gym. He was lv. 14 when I first got to the gym, 15 by the time I left. Viola didn't stand a chance. So right now, I'm on the next route, looking for my next team member. My team so far:

HURGEN the Fennekin, lv. 15, bashful
Flame Charge
Ember
Scratch
Howl

Sparkbeat the Pikachu, lv. 9, bashful
Thundershock
Tail Whip
Growl
Play Nice (REDUNDANT MOVES ARE REDUNDANT)

Turpoo

S|utbro
Found A Shiny Whismur, While EV Training my Kangaskhan... Have to restart now... But worth it... About to look at IVS...
Actually Wait, I dont have to reset <3 Dont have Pokerus, so only 4 EVs <3

Jolly Nature Level 7
Soundproof
4YxVw.png

Not great... Meh

Last edited:

SkyDriver

Hiding in the grass
If you don't want that Whismur, I'll be happy to take it ;p Is it true shiny rate has been raised to 1/1365? Or am I just one of the unlucky who hasn't found any shiny in X/Y yet? Even a 51 fishing chain wasn't good 'nuff :(

Day 15 and still shiny less. Haven't been able to play for like a week cuz of stuff and must resist playing and finish my HW

Snorby

Snorby
So restarted my Y version to do a nuzlocke, with a special rule:

There is no dupes clause, however, each catch I make I am allowed to, if I wish, Wonder Trade it ONCE AND ONCE ONLY. If I get a level 1 Magikarp in the WT, tough sh!t.

Currently, I have just beaten the first gym with a Level 10 Zigzagoon, a Level 11 Pikachu, a Level 11 Froakie (Wonder Trade for a Pidgey), a Level 12 Fennekin, and a level 14 Swirlix (Wonder Trade for a Fletchling) in the box I have a level 3 Jap. Pidgey with Adamant nature, Hidden Abillity, and 31 IVs in Special Defense, possibly attack, and possibly defense.

No Deaths yet, though i did crit a riolu that i could have caught on route 22 D:

WillieNelson

Alright, here's my second X/Y update.

I had just beaten Viola, and was heading toward Lumiose. I searched for a white Flabebe for awhile, but then gave up. I did the usual stuff in the city and got Charmander, which I gave the same name as before(I boxed Charmeleon my previous playthrough so it didn't count as a repeat).After leaving the city, I looked for a Skiddo but settled for a Furfrou when I found none, which I nicknamed Fluffeh. I used her until Glittering Cave, when I realized Furfrou sucks. I promptly replaced her with a male Mawile named Bruce. After that, I revived a Tyrunt named Sharptooth. After awhile, HURGEN evolved right before Korrina. I boxed the Lucario I got, and Black Death evolved right before Ramos and ate his face. My team as of now:

HURGEN, Delphox, 39, bashful
Psyshock
Mystical Fire
Flame Charge
Howl

Black Death, Charizard, 38, serious
Fly
Flame Burst
Shadow Claw
Fire Gang

Sparklers, Raichu, 34, bashful
Thunderbolt
Slam
Muzzle
Electro Ball

Bruce, Mawile, 35, lonely
Bite
Fairy Wind
Sweet Scent
Fake Tears

Sharptooth, Tyrunt, 34, serious
Crunch
Dragon Tail
Stealth Rock
Charm

Snorby

Snorby
Got the 2nd Badge in my Nuzlocke. Lost Zigzagoon, Pikachu, and a newly caught Snorlax. did some wonder trades and revived a Tyrunt. Ivysaur died vs one of the 2nd Gyms trainers, but luckily I got a Gourgeist in a wonder trade (11 levels higher than my highest mon atm too!) Luckily, it will obey for 7 more levels.

Level 21 Honedge
-Swords Dance
-Shadow Sneak
-Fury Cutter
-Rock Smash

Level 20 Braixen
-Ember
-Psybeam
-Flame Charge
-Howl

Level 23 Frogadier (Wonder Trade for a Pidgey)
-Water Pulse
-Thief
-Round
-Rock Smash

Level 20 Tyrunt
-Bite
-Rock Smash
-Strength
-Rock Tomb

Level 21 Swirlix (Wonder Trade for a Fletchling)
-Fairy Wind
-Cotton Spore
-Fake Tears
-Round

Level 34 Jap. Gourgeist (Wonder Trade for a Luvdisc)
-Rock Smash
-Leech Seed
-Bullet Seed
-Shadow Sneak

Deaths: 4
Badges: 2

SkyDriver

Hiding in the grass
I have a female Gale Wings Fletchling to donate to the clans shop. 31 IVs in Atk, Def, SDef and Speed. Let me know who(m) I have to trade it to.

Turpoo

S|utbro
I got some Dittos in FS Finally... If anyone wants some.

Also breeded Some Speed Boost Venipedes... Some should have 31/31/x/x/31/31. My Adamant one is x/31/x/x/31/31... Too lazy to get it Near Flawless.
I have some extras if anybody wants any.

Last edited:

Whalekins

I got some Dittos in FS Finally... If anyone wants some.

Also breeded Some Speed Boost Venipedes... Some should have 31/31/x/x/31/31. My Adamant one is x/31/x/x/31/31... Too lazy to get it Near Flawless.
I have some extras if anybody wants any.

I want some <3

Snorby

Snorby
In the 6th Badge town, lost a lot of members, caught a couple more.

Lapras Level 34
-Surf
-Ice Beam
-Thunderbolt
-Body Slam

Doublade Level 36
-Swords Dance
-Rock Smash
-Shadow Sneak
-Aerial Ace

Delphox Level 36
-Mystical Fire
-Psyshock
-Light Screen
-Grass Knot

Lucario Level 36
-Swords Dance
-Power-Up Punch
-Poison Jab
-Rock Tomb

Nidoking Level 39
-Surf
-Rock Tomb
-Poison Jab
-Dig

Snover Level 39 (Wonder Trade for Chatot)
-Wood Hammer
-Ice Shard
-Ingrain
-Grass Knot

Badges: 5
Deaths: 8 (Zigzagoon, Pikachu, Snorlax, Ivysaur, Swirlix, Tyrunt, Frogadier, Noibat)

SkyDriver

Hiding in the grass
Don't you just love Doublade? It's so bulky with Eviolite and it can do so much damage :D Plus it looks awesome <3 I like it even better than Aegislash :D Besides Goomy, who's your favourite?

Status
Not open for further replies.