• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Battle Spirits

Battle Spirits is one of those card games which from low support and an poor organization has been crushed. I was lately searching for other CCG's and then found this, to my surprise I searched it up and then found the Anime Battle Spirits Brave, I was amazed by the character Dan Bashin and he looked awesome so I decided to watch the Battle Spirits Brave show, I should be starting from the first anime from battle spirits but it's something I'd rather watch. I'm currently on episode 3 and I have to tell you that the creatures are amazing. Sure most of the down-graded creatures could do some work in terms of artwork but what matters is it's balanced game-play and that the more powerful creatures look good.

I then went on to look at it's game-play and found several similarities between it with Magic the gathering and Duel Masters.
Core System (Battle Spirit) = MTG's Mana Resource System
Tap Block Functions
Colours
Phases in Both games are similarly unique
Life (Startes with 5 Life)
The Creatures are like Planeswalkers in mtg and you can put more cores onto these creatures to Level them up.

In My opinion what I liked about the game was it's system which involved cores and these cores can unlock new effects on creatures instead of their effects lasting for little duration. I liked the fact that it has that strategic sense I mean you have to decide how you can plan out your attack, when to play the right spell, how to interact with your opponent's play by using Flash steps on spells.

Card Types:
Spirits: Spirits are summoned mainly to attack the opponent and reduce their life but are also used to protect your own life.

Spells: Players use spells to change the game field environment by causing a variety of different effects from providing BP (Battle Point) boosts to drawing more cards. They can drastically change the pace of the game.

Nexus: The places of the Battle Spirits world that give your spirits special power are called “nexuses”.Players use them to change the field and gain an advantage over their opponents.

Brave: A fourth type of card introduced about two years into the Japanese game's life. They act like other Spirits, but can be 'Braved' onto other Spirits, combining effects and attributes.

The card types are quite good I like Brave especially since you can unlink the creatures and several Brave spirits gain awesome effects. If you watch Battle Spirits Brave you will see one in the first coming episodes.

Well for the game, As I said Bandai didn't put full effort into the game but it's currently being played in Italy and hopefully they can get some hot-spots in Europe. The thing about opening a tcg in USA is that they have to determine the right way to advertise the product. USA has a huge tcg market and a very competitive one. I would have suggested for Bandai was to follow what Bushiroad did and sell their game to distributors so that they can spread their game mass-area going for.

So anyway I wanted to introduce new people to this game and if you have any inquires you can ask me.
I will give you links to several places for Battle Spirits

Battle Spirits How to play: http://www.bandaicg.com/battlespirits/howtoplay.php

Battle Spirits Brave (Subbed): http://www.youtube.com/user/shomento...59/EnihzmkEn0s

My Battle Spirits FB Group: http://www.facebook.com/groups/140494209397536/

Website where you can play Battle Spirits: http://www.tradecardsonline.com/im/s..._id/76/goal/DK