• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

[Battle Spot] Pikachu Cup Team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flamer

For rules and info: http://3ds.pokemon-gl.com/information/89f4d353-179b-4b9e-af2f-6cfb5992edd8

Obviously this team is pretty experimental given the unusual format, so feedback's is most definitely appreciated :)

Stunfisk @ Expert Belt
Ability: Sand Veil
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Earth Power
- Scald
- Stealth Rock

Partnered with Tailwind Emolga to make up for its horrific lack of speed as a special sweeper, (there's no Tick Room in this format, so the only way is up). Earth Power is its main STAB move, and should be fairly potent in a field of Electric types. Scald deals with other Stunfisk whilst Sludge Bomb takes out Rotom-M, (STAB Grass attacks) and Dedenne, (STAB Fairy attacks against Mega Ampharos, plus access to Grass Knot to hurt Stunfisk). Stealth Rock is useful with the lack of Rapid Spin. Tempted to stick a Scarf on it for the extra speed boost.

Emolga @ Focus Sash Leftovers
Ability: Motor Drive
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Tailwind
- U-turn
- Encore
- Air Slash

In the team to provide Tailwind support, which both the sweepers are in desperately in need of. Given its defenses I can't see it surviving very long once the Tailwind's been set, but U-Turn gives it a seconded go if it isn't OHKOed and is clearly superior to Volt Switch in this format. Motor Drive protects against Soak Lanturn. Focus Sash virtually guarantees it'll get its Tailwind off if up against something faster.

Pikachu @ Air Balloon
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Helping Hand
- Wish
- Light Screen Protect
- Fake Out

Quite keen on getting the event Pikachu, so want to do my bit in getting it into the top 3. Doesn't really have the stats for much apart from supporting, which thanks to its movepool it does pretty well. Plenty of options here, Helping Hand to boost its partner's offensive if needed, Wish to offer recover and Light Screen for a general defensive support. Fake Out is there to prevent opposing Emolga from getting a Tailwind up. Lightning Rod again protects against Soak Lanturn. Air Balloon offers EQ protection, and reminds me of the Pikachu from Pokemon Snap :)

Ampharos-Mega @ Ampharosite
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
- Protect
- Dragon Pulse
- Power Gem
- Focus Blast

Bulky special sweeper that can be used in place of Stunfisk if the opponent has a Magneton/Magnezone. Again benefits from Emolga's Tailwind. Dragon Pulse is its main STAB attack. Power Gem deals with Galvantula, Emolga, Rotom-F, Rotom-S and Rotom-H. Focus Blast is for Magneton, Magnezone, which all in all gives it pretty good coverage. Protect is a little gimmick for out-speeding other Mega Ampharos. Assuming the opponent Mega evolves on their first turn, then Protect will give me the chance to Mega evolve next turn using standard Ampharos' higher speed, giving me chance to attack first, (assuming of course the opponent doesn't try the same thing, or even worse uses Agility).

Galvantula @ Shuca Berry Focus Sash
Ability: Compound Eyes
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Sticky Web
- Volt Switch
- Giga Drain
- Bug Buzz

With no Rapid Spin available and both my sweepers being incredibly slow, Sticky Web is a very useful support move to have. Volt Switch can be used to try and force a switch into the Sticky Web. Giga Drain deals with Stunfisk, Lanturn and Rotom-W whilst Bug Buzz is the main STAB move.

Magneton @ Eviolite
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
- Gravity
- Volt Switch
- Flash Cannon
- Light Screen

Basically here to set Gravity for Stunfisk if the opponent is running Emolga or any form of Rotom. Similar to Emolga's set up, Sturdy guarantees getting the Gravity off, whilst Volt Switch gives it the possibility of coming back and resetting later. Flash Cannon is the main STAB.

Last edited:

Wazaz

Lapras trainer
This isn't by any means a bad team, but there are some things that aren't really logic.
1. You have two pokemons using light screen. There are better filler moves.
2. Your whole team is counterd by electivire. Normally emolga or a levitate mon helps but you use gravity.
3. Protect is a must on pikachu because you can have semi-reliable recovery en scouting
4. Why are you using flash canon on magneton. As electrick is resistant to steel and emolga is not common. I can see magnet rise work(but you have gravity) if you want stab use tbolt for emolga.

That was everything hope I helped

Karxrida

Lost in the Waves
Galvantula is neutral to Ground, so Shuca won't activate. You have to be hit super effectively for it to go off.

Flamer

1. You have two pokemons using light screen. There are better filler moves.
3. Protect is a must on pikachu because you can have semi-reliable recovery en scouting

Fair enough. I'll switch Pikachu's Light Screen to Protect

2. Your whole team is counterd by electivire. Normally emolga or a levitate mon helps but you use gravity.

Only 4 of the 6 Pokemon get used per battle, so if the opponent has an Electivire the plan is to not use Magneton in order to give Emolga a fighting chance.

4. Why are you using flash canon on magneton. As electrick is resistant to steel and emolga is not common. I can see magnet rise work(but you have gravity) if you want stab use tbolt for emolga.

Yeah, I wasn't really sure what to do here. None of Magenton's STABs are particularly useful in this format, and as I'll be running Pikachu I don't want it purely in a support role. Could stick on Tri Attack for some neutral damage, although the chance of paralysis is obviously fairly useless.

The other option is to maybe go for a Soak Lanturn to deal with Eelektross and Rotom instead. Slightly against this because of the prevalance of Lightning Rod and Volt Adsorb, and still leaves me exposed to Emolga because of Motor Drive.

Galvantula is neutral to Ground, so Shuca won't activate. You have to be hit super effectively for it to go off.

Ha, whoops. Good point. Going to move Focus Sash onto Galvantula. Emolga should be able to out speed most things that would kill it before it can get off a Tailwind, whereas Galvantula has similarly poor defenses but is more likely to be out sped and not get its Sticky Web off.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.