• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Battle Subway Discussion & Ranking Hall~ Now With Singles Team Building Guide!

Status
Not open for further replies.

[GS]

Staring at my phone
^ Not bad dude, I'll get it into the leaderboard in the morning.

As for your Wifi question, I may change the streak limit a bit,
especially since it's more difficult than the standard modes.
I'll get back to you on that.

Edit: Added Jolteon135 to the leaderboard.

Still pondering what to do about Wifi rankings...

Vandslaux

How do you breed 3+ perfect IVs? Is the easiest way to get all 6 power items playing through the normal train 6 times? I plan to re-breed my entire team with at least 3 perfect IVs in their necessary stats.

poopoop

SPPF STAFF
Singles record 87. Proof

Politoed @ Choice Scarf
Nature: Modest
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 252 SpA/252 Speed
Hidden Power: Electric | 70 power
-Surf
-Hidden Power
-Ice beam
-Psychic

Sets up rain and does decent damage. HP electric for Gyrados/other water types, Psychic for Toxicroak, Ice Beam for Dragons and Grass types.
Replacing Psychic with HP fighting/focus Blast is an option if you're worried about Ferrothorn.
---------------------------------
Ludicolo @ Life Orb
Nature: Modest
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 252 SpA/252 Speed
Hidden Power: Psychic | 70 power
-Giga Drain
-Ice Beam
-Surf
-Hidden Power

This thing is ridiculously powerful in rain. It OHKO so many things with Surf and heals itself with Giga Drain. Hidden Power Psychic is for Toxicroak.
---------------------------------
Dragonite @ Yache Berry
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 252 Atk/252 Speed
-Outrage
-Earthquake
-Roost
-Dragon Dance

Tried Dragon Claw first. It sucked. +1 Outrage destroys everything. I even 2 hit KO'd a Steelix with it!!! Yache berry is because Dragonite is my savior in a pinch so he needs to be able to save me in any situation including against ice types plus it allows you to setup against many Pokemon that carry ice type moves.

Notes: Legendary trainers are a pain in my rear part. Articuno and Cresselia are so damn bulky + they have recovery. Had to switch like 10 times just to keep my rain up and KO the hail+roost Articuno. Curse Ferrothorn also destroys this team.

Lost: Because I don't pay attention. Zoroark disguised as a Gyrados. Didn't notice the lack of intimidate. Politoed used HP electric, Zoroark used Sword Dance. Zoroark used sucker punch to OHKO Politoed next turn. I didn't switch because I couldn't risk switching into a +2 Night Slash.
Then I made a terrible misplay and sent in Ludicolo instead of Dragonite. Ludicolo got OHKO by +2 sucker punch! Dragonite finished off Zoroark and lost to a Stone edge from the real Gyrados. :(
2 misplays there. Should have sent in Dragonite before Ludicolo (Do damage calcs before making key moves!) and should have Dragon Danced against Zoroark.

What's the minimum rank for the wifi subway record? 60+ could be Rank 8 or 9.

Got the doubles Trophy with a tweaked version of this team + Toxicroak and stopped at 49. Will continue eventually and post streak if I make it to 60 but honestly doubles and singles aren't all that fun. I might try some gimmicky doubles teams after I lose.

Going for the Multi Trophy wih Trainer. It's been the most challenging and fun one so far. Hilda chooses decent Pokemon most of the time but I lmao at the stupid moves she makes

how do you tell what the power of your hidden power is, do you use that formula thing or is there an easier way?

Kerech

Shinigami...CHOP!
If you can't work out the formula, then you'll have to do some painful trial-and-error; take the HP user and another one of your Pokemon into double grass, and then spam HP on your teammate. Then use a damage calculator to approximate the power range for your move. Then spam it on other teammates to see if you can refine your search.

That sounds like an annoying method, but it's the only alternative I can think of atm.

EDIT: 3+ perfect IV breeding, without RNGing, has always been fairly annoying and time-consuming. If you only want 3, then you would need the parents to have as many perfect shared IVs as possible. One parent should hold a Power Item, and then you just breed until you inherit the maximum IVs from the parents (which is 3, iirc). Anything more will require a lot of luck and patience, I've found.

Vandslaux

Just saying, but seeing all these sweeping teams w/ Speed boosting abilities (Swift Swim, Clorophyll, Speed Boost) You only need 130 Speed to outspeed Scarf Manetric, the fastest thing in the subway. Running any more is pointless, except if you want to save yourself from other Speed boosting sweepers.

Last edited:

[GS]

Staring at my phone
^ Scarf Manectric hits 258 Spe, so you can get away with 129.
but you're basically right, it is a bit pointless to run any more
speed than that.

Kerech is right about IV breeding, it can be a very long and
tedious task. It usually takes me a couple of weeks to get the
IV's I need, and even then you may have to sacrifice and take
a horrible IV in another stat. Sometimes you can get lucky and
the randomly generated stat will come out >25, but that's rare.
IMO, it's totally worth the time if you're serious about the BS,
but if you're boosting Spe and you can outspeed your fastest
threat without a perfect IV, a perfect IV is not worth the time.

jolteon135

how do you tell what the power of your hidden power is, do you use that formula thing or is there an easier way?
You can use this calculator to figure out hidden power if you know the IVs.

Just saying, but seeing all these sweeping teams w/ Speed boosting abilities (Swift Swim, Clorophyll, Speed Boost) You only need 130 Speed to outspeed Scarf Manetric, the fastest thing in the subway. Running any more is pointless, except if you want to save yourself from other Speed boosting sweepers.
We don't all have time to breed Pokemon specifically for the subway. Many people use their subway Pokemon for competitive play as well which is why they might have more speed than they need in the subway.

poopoop

SPPF STAFF
sorry for the double post but does a battle video # count as proof for this? because right now my record is pretty high and when I lose I want to post my record

jolteon135

sorry for the double post but does a battle video # count as proof for this? because right now my record is pretty high and when I lose I want to post my record

Yes. Your question is answered in the first post.

5: When posting a record streak, please try to include some sort of proof,
such as a battle video or photograph. This is more for people with larger streaks
but it still wouldn't hurt.

Vandslaux

What's a good Steel type in Rain? I need something to handle Dragons with. Ferrothorn's EQ neutrality is nice, but I like Klinklang's boosting and his ability to break Sturdy with Gear Grind.

BadWolf Churchill

Mr Prime Minister
What's a good Steel type in Rain? I need something to handle Dragons with. Ferrothorn's EQ neutrality is nice, but I like Klinklang's boosting and his ability to break Sturdy with Gear Grind.

Scizor, Ferrothorn or Metagross are probably the best steels to use in the rain. All have nice natural bulk (especially Ferrothorn), and have their fire weakness lowered.
Klingklang may be able to break sturdy, but has a barren movepool with 'meh' stats. Scizor and Metagross also have bullet punch which can help with navigating around fast Sturdy/Sash Pokemon.

AquaRegisteel

Face Oblivion
Quick question, but the speed tiers. Do the Pokémon hit that exact speed stat, i.e. Manectric hits 258 Speed?

Kerech

Shinigami...CHOP!
They hit that Spe stat in later matches. In the earliest ones, their IVs aren't flawless, so you'll find yourself outspeeding things you normally wouldn't.

Noctourniquet

∆∆∆
Scizor, Ferrothorn or Metagross are probably the best steels to use in the rain. All have nice natural bulk (especially Ferrothorn), and have their fire weakness lowered.
Klingklang may be able to break sturdy, but has a barren movepool with 'meh' stats. Scizor and Metagross also have bullet punch which can help with navigating around fast Sturdy/Sash Pokemon.

Thunder Magnezone anyone?

Noctourniquet

∆∆∆
True, I forgot about Magnezone. However, the other two members of his team (Politoed and Omastar) are specially based, so in this case a more physically inclined pokemon would probably work better.

All four are probably better than Kingklang, yes?

Oh fair call in that case. I didn't realise that this was in context of a team at all lol.

Lmao everything is better than Klinklang.

Vandslaux

What's a better sweeper than Klinklang? I'm using one with Shift Gear, Gear Grind, Volt Switch, and Substitute, and it's working pretty good, but I hear everything's better than him. *pokes above post* Preferably a physically based Steel that lures Ground and Fire-type moves, but not necessarily Fighting, or, at least, has a way to deal with Fighting-types. Basically, I need a physically based partner for this:
Hydreigon @ Dragon Gem
4 HP/252 SAtk/252 Spd
Timid
Dark Pulse
Draco Meteor
U-Turn
Surf

Dark Pulse is STAB.
Draco Meteor gets boosted to power 315 (!!!) with Dragon Gem and STAB.
U-Turn allows me to use Draco Meteor with full special attack again, and is useful for scouting.
Surf gets psuedo STAB and gets good coverage.
Only resisted by Empoleon.

My last loss was just plain cheap. I switched from Klinklang to Hydreigon on a Salamence, predicting an Earthquake, Hydreigon gets Brick Break'd. Then Salamence used Earthquake on Klinklang.

Last edited:

randomn00b

Arcane Trainer
I feel stupid: I don't actually know how to check my record. It was quite a while ago and I believe it was around 90. I checked "Records" on my PC and talked to just about everyone in the Battle Subway building. How do I find my record?

Vandslaux

It's on your Vs. Recorder, I believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.