• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Battle Subway Discussion & Ranking Hall~ Now With Singles Team Building Guide!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave Himura

Mr.Madman
Let's see:

Win Streak 83: proof http://xs.to/media/69112

My team:

Slaking @ Choice Band
Adamant
Truant
6hp/252 atk/252 speed
Giga Impact
Earthquake
Shadow Claw
Fire Punch

Giga impact for STAB (It always K.O 1-2 Foe's pokemon, if not, in the other turn that he attack, he finish his job). Earthquake for Fires, Rocks and Steels.
Shadow Claw for ghost types.

Volcarona @ life orb
Modest
Flame body
2hp/ 252 S.Atk/ 252 Speed
Quiver Dance
Bug Buzz
Fiery Dance
Hidden power rock

My special sweeper. Quiver dance to boost his Sp. Atack and Speed so he can hit harder and faster. Bug Buzz and Fiery Dance for STAB. this thing hits really hard if the foe's pokemon it's not resistant agains it.

Serperior @ leftovers
Timid
Contrary
4 hp/252 sp. attack/ 252 speed
Leaf Storm
Hidden Power Rock
Dragon Tail
Glare

I wanted to test a contrary serperior, so I hacked one (as you can see, with legal ev training and all), And I Love it. He was my "finisher"....I always send him after a oponent KO one of my Pokemon and his hp was low, so I finished it with a leaf storm and gained a +2 sp. attack boost. and then wreak havoc with him. Hidden power rock save me a lot against flyers, some dragons (Dragonite and Salamence), and fire types. I Used dragon tail for force a switch out against a rival that it can't kill yet.

How I Lost: Against a Garchomp....I started with my Slaking, Use Giga Impact, Garchomp Avoid it, it uses swords dance....Slaking needs to recharge, Garchomp uses Dragon Claw...Slaking faints...I send out my volcarona. Garchomp uses swords dance, Volcarona uses Quiver dance...Volcarona uses Hidden power Rock...Garchomp Avoid it -.- .....garchomp uses earthquake...volcarona faints....I send out my Serperior...It uses leaf storm...garchomp uses fire fang, serperior faints.

Vandslaux

Just wondering: wouldn't Timid be better on Volcarona to get the Speed boost it needs to outspeed some things after a Quiver Dance?

[GS]

Staring at my phone
@ Dave Himura: Nice job, I'll edit you into the OP shortly.

@ Vandslaux: Timid is always an option, but it just depends
on what you want to use in the end.

Edit: Leaderboard updated.

Noctourniquet

∆∆∆
6: DO NOT post your team in this thread to be rated. RMT's belong in
their own threads.
Take it to your own threads, Elryc and Vendidurt.

x_vandslaux_x said:
Just wondering: wouldn't Timid be better on Volcarona to get the Speed boost it needs to outspeed some things after a Quiver Dance?
I wouldn't say so, really. A carefully EV'd Volcarona can outspeed pretty much everything it needs to with spare EVs to dump into HP and it doesn't have to be Timid either. Imo making a Max Spe Timid one is just huge overkill when you don't need it.

jolteon135

Singles record 117 wins. Proof

Politoed @ Choice Scarf
Nature: Modest
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 252 SpA/252 Speed
Hidden Power: Electric | 70 power
-Surf
-Hidden Power
-Ice beam
-Psychic

Same as before. Sets up rain & usually KOs the first Pokemon and does decent damage to the second so Ludicolo or Scizor can come in and clean up. HP electric is only for Gyrados, Ice beam is for Dragons and Torterra. Psychic is strictly for Toxicroak and can be replaced by focus blast or something else.
---------------------------

Ludicolo @ Life Orb
Nature: Modest
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 252 SpA/252 Speed
Hidden Power: Psychic | 70 power
-Giga Drain
-Ice Beam
-Surf
-Hidden Power

Again, OHKOs most things that aren't ridiculously bulky. HP Psychic is for Toxicroak.
-------------------------

Scizor @ Choice Band
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Technician
EVs: 92 HP/252 Atk/160 Sp.Def/4 Speed
-Bug Bite
-Aerial Ace
-Superpower
-Bullet Punch

Deals with pesky ice types, Tyranitar and sometimes dragons. Aerial Ace was never used so you can replace it with...idk. It only needs 4 speed to outspeed neutral base 65s who have no speed EV investment.

Notes: Lead Jolteon, Lead Zebstrika, Tyranitar, Venusaur (see below) and the OHKO Walrien are problematic. Swift swimmers are slightly troublesome too.
734 | Venusaur | Bold | Black Sludge | Leech Seed | Substitute | Sludge Bomb | Protect | HP/SpD <--scared me a few times.

Lost: Battle video #: 24-20775-70374

Lost because of hax Walrien. I guess I could have aerial aced with Scizor but I wasn't expecting such a huge amount of hax in that battle. *sigh*

Smaller Record (100 wins)

Darmanitan @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 108 HP/252 Atk/148 Speed
-Flare Blitz
-Hammer Arm
-Earthquake
-Rock Slide

Flare Blitz is monstrous. Rock Slide is mostly for Archeops/Aerodactyl. Hammer Arm & Earthquake were mostly used when they were 4x effective.
---------------------

Latios @ Life Orb
Nature: Timid:
Hidden: Fire | Power:70
EVs: 4 HP/252 Sp.A/252 Speed
-Dragon Pulse
-Drago Meteor
-Psychic
-Hidden Power

Draco meteor is used when I can 2 hit/OHKO the opponent and the opponent can't KO me before. Otherwise Draco Meteor is used for some hot OHKOing action. HP fire for steels obviously. Psyshock can be used over Psychic but I didn't really see a need for Psyshock in the 100 battles.
-----------------------

Scizor @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 92 HP/252 Atk/160 Sp.Def/4 Speed
-Bug Bite
-Aerial Ace
-Superpower
-Bullet Punch

Same use as in rain team above.

Can't remember too much about this streak. I know Vaporeon was huge pain. Scarfed rock slide Pokemon were problematic too.

Video #: 25-08496-48322
2 fire types basically screwed me. Maybe I could have switched to Latios to save my Darmanitan or maybe switch to Scizor to take Raikou's shadow ball. Meh, another case where it's important to run damage calcs and weigh your options before making a move.

I'm only posting the second record in case someone else wants to try out that team. I'm sure it can get 100+. If anyone has any suggestion for tweaking the second team that would be cool too. I thought about replacing Latios for Dragonite but Dragonite's kinda slow compared to Latios plus it would make my team completely physical. Maybe I could replace Scizor with Magnezone but then I have a dragon problem.

[GS]

Staring at my phone
Good job dude, nice streak. I'm just going to replace your current one
with this one, I'm trying to keep the leaderboard to one team per person
per category.

Edit: Leaderboard updated.

Vandslaux

I think I'm going to replace Latios w/ a Thundurus:

Thundurus @Life Orb
Prankster
Timid
4 HP/252 Sp. Atk/252 Speed
Taunt/Grass Knot
Nasty Plot
Thunder
HP Ice

I lose Fire attack protection for Ferrothorn that Latios gave me, but he gives me something that outspeeds Froslass and Gengar. Opinions on which I should choose?

Prankster Taunt allows me to stop non auto-weather changers from changing the weather. (I'm thinking Froslass changing the weather to Hail)
Grass Knot gives me coverage against heavy Rocks, Waters, and Grounds. (Yeah, I'm looking at you, Milotic..)

Cain

RAWR
Just starting to dabble in the Battle Subway, and this is the team I'm using:

Tyranitar @ Leftovers
Adamant
252 HP, 4 Att., 252 Sp. Def.
-Crunch
-Pursuit
-Brick Break
-Stone Edge

My lead to set up Sandstorm, and KO the opponents first Pokemon if it's a decent match up.

Ferrothorn @ Rocky Helmet
Relaxed, 0 Speed IV
252 HP, 128 Def., 128 Sp. Def.
-Gyro Ball
-Power Whip
-Leech Seed
-Thunder Wave

Typical Ferrothorn, and has been working really well with Tyranitar and Garchomp, switching into threats with ease. Tried a Curse set instead of Power Whip, but I really missed the Grass move as my team can't handle Water-types very well otherwise.

Garchomp @ Life Orb
Jolly
4 HP, 252 Att., 252 Spd.
-Outrage
-Dragon Claw
-Fire Fang
-Earthquake

Can OHKO or 2HKO pretty much anything with Outrage, and also outspeeds almost all of the Subway as she has a 30 Speed IV. Was desperately missing a Fire move on my team, and Fire Fang fills the niche quite nicely. Going to sub out Life Orb for a Choice Band once I have enough BP.

Just faced off against a Legendary Trainer as my 35th battle and thought it was all over... But then! Garchomp 2HKO'd his Virizion with Fire Fang, then 2HKO'd Regice with Fire Fang and got a flinch, then OHKO'd Latias with Outrage. So surprised I beat him, but also super excited!

EDIT: And then, I got killed the next battle ._. seriously? Bah.. Anyway, lead with Tyranitar, and he lead out with Frosslass. Switched to Ferrothorn, and Gyro Ball missed twice allowing Frosslass to get my health down to low yellow. Finally killed Frosslass with a Gyro Ball, then he sent out Abomasnow, which killed Ferro with Blizzard. Switched in Garchomp, Fire Fang'ed, but Abomasnow had a damn Focus Sash and killed Garchomp. Sent out Tyranitar and killed Abomasnow with a Crunch, after he got my health down to low yellow with a Hammer Arm. Last Pokemon was a Beartic, and of course Stone Edge missed, and he killed me with a Blizzard. Grr. Oh well, 35 is still way better than I was expecting. Team seems to be a good match for one another so far.

Last edited:

hyacinth

I was just looking at the use of Slaking above and was wondering if anyone has considered a double team with slaking and Entrainment?

[GS]

Staring at my phone
You could always use Skill Swap. Xatu is a decent partner thanks to it's
4x fighting resist, although when in doubles it's highly likely that all of
the fighting attacks will be aimed elsewhere. All in all, it's a pretty
gimmicky strategy, but if you can pull it off you can wreak some havoc.

poopoop

SPPF STAFF
i finally found this thread.
i have a question, when there is a speed tie in the subway is it always the opponent that goes first?
and whats the fastest (scarfed)poke in the subway.

Xx_BS-TyKi_xX

Se habla español
i finally found this thread.
i have a question, when there is a speed tie in the subway is it always the opponent that goes first?
and whats the fastest (scarfed)poke in the subway.

I can help you with the 1st question;
When you got a speed tie in the subway there's only 50% ob being first and everyturn is the same ;D (If you don't understand PM and I will explain better n.nU)

poopoop

SPPF STAFF

I can help you with the 1st question;
When you got a speed tie in the subway there's only 50% ob being first and everyturn is the same ;D (If you don't understand PM and I will explain better n.nU)

i understand it already, i just wanted to make sure the way the subway did it wasn't different than regular battling because I lost every speed tie in there so far(stupid hax). thank you for helping

[GS]

Staring at my phone
The fastest Pokemon in the Subway is Manectric4. It's Timid and
Scarfed and hits a speed of 258. It also has Switcheroo, so it has a
pretty good chance to **** up your streak. ¬¬

766 | Manectric | Timid | Choice Scarf | Switcheroo | Thunder | Volt Switch | Overheat | Spd/SpA

poopoop

SPPF STAFF
The fastest Pokemon in the Subway is Manectric4. It's Timid and
Scarfed and hits a speed of 258. It also has Switcheroo, so it has a
pretty good chance to **** up your streak. ¬¬

ok thanks!

jolteon135

Ugh, I hate the troll Meganium with double team and no damaging attacks. All my damaging attacks missed and I've been switching between my 2 Pokemon for like 50 turns now just waiting for it to struggle to death. -__-

[GS]

Staring at my phone
Aerial Ace is your friend against that thing...

Other than that, there isn't much else you can do tbh.

Psycho Cut

Mwahaha! I will be on that leaderboard! My current team's at 63 straight wins, and I haven't faced any big problems yet. I'll post back with my final record and team details when my streak ends.

Psycho Cut

Ok, so I got a 69 win streak, but no way of uploading proof yet. So you can either believe me, put me in the rankings and I'll post my team, or wait until saturday when I can upload proof

Status
Not open for further replies.