• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Battle Subway Discussion & Ranking Hall~ Now With Singles Team Building Guide!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Biosci

On Super Doubles I just went through 34 battles sweeping through w/ Thundurus, Garchomp, Cresselia, and Breloom, when I lost to a team of Cresselia, Virizion, Suicune, and Heatran. Worst luck ever. D:

ZeroEdgeir

Entrainment does not work on Pokemon with the ability Truant.

What about going with a partner Pokemon with Simple Beam? Would that work to counter Truant or even Regigigas' Slow Start (and also make it so stat boosts/cuts go double)?

Rjasper1998

What about going with a partner Pokemon with Simple Beam? Would that work to counter Truant or even Regigigas' Slow Start (and also make it so stat boosts/cuts go double)?

Regigigas is rly easy counter. I use my Lucario with close combat or aura sphere
possibly my Poliwrath with EQ

ZeroEdgeir

Regigigas is rly easy counter. I use my Lucario with close combat or aura sphere
possibly my Poliwrath with EQ

Yes, but that is competitive, not Battle Subway (which is what this thread is for).
I do agree that he has his weaknesses, but could be a nasty surprise if played right, especially since he'd be running slow, so Simple Beam would hit him first, then have him use Double Team (his only boosting move), and good luck touching him (Barring that can't miss Aura Sphere... is it even used in the Subway?).

Psycho Cut

Battle Subway Singles. Win Streak: 69

Battle Video Number: 23-05957-77741

The Team

Politoed @ Leftovers
Drizzle
Sassy
Evs: 252 HP, 196 Def, 60 Sp.Def
Moves:
--Toxic
--Protect
--Encore
--Scald

Sets up rain, obviously, then toxic stalls. Encore is helpful for locking an opponent on a move such as amnesia then setting up with Poliwrath. Scald is quite powerful in rain and there's a chance to burn.

Poliwrath @ Life Orb
Swift Swim
Adamant
EVs: 252 Att, 184 Speed, 72 HP
Moves:
--Bulk Up
--Brick Break
--Waterfall
--EQ

I opted for poliwrath as I really needed the extra coverage. Bulk up is to set up (specially when opponent is encored) Brick Break and Waterfall are STAB. EQ is for coverage.

Kingdra @ Choice Specs
Swift Swim
Modest
Evs: 252 Sp.Atk, 188 HP, 68 Speed
Moves:
--Surf
--Dragon Pulse
--Draco Meteor
--Ice Beam

Specs kingdra is awesome in rain. Surf is scary powerful with STAB, Rain and Specs. Dragon Pulse is additional STAB, Draco Meteor is there if I really need something KO'd and Ice Beam is coverage.

How I lost

It's on the battle video but hey...

Worker Valery Sent out Mamoswine.
I sent out Politoed

Mamoswine uses EQ, Politoed reduced to 40% HP
Politoed used Scald, Mamoswine reduced to 5HP

Politoed used protect and restored HP with leftovers.

Mamoswine uses Double Edge and KOs Politoed and itself in the process.

I send out Poilwrath
Valery sends out Abomasnow (!@&*!@*)

Poliwrath uses Brick Break, Abomasnow holds on using its Focus Sash!
Abomasnow uses Wood Hammer, KO'ing Poliwrath and it's self in the process.

I send out Kingdra
Valery sends out Walrien

Kingdra uses Draco Meteor, Walrein reduces to 10% HP
Walrein uses Blizzard, Kingdra reduced to 40% HP. Knigdra was Frozen! (!@&*!@*) Walrein restores Hp using Ice Body and Leftovers.

Kindgra is frozen solid!
Walrein uses Blizzard, Kingdra faints.

I lose :(

So, in summary, maybe I should have preserved politoed, but how was I to know he had an Abomasnow. Maybe if Politoed had better Sp.Atk IVs, it would have OHKO'd Mamoswine. It probaly would've done, but that'd have been hard to breed, it has 26 already. I suppose a bit of freezehax contributed too...

Psycho Cut

[GS]

Staring at my phone
Ok, got you added to the OP. Sorry it took so long, it's been
a pretty crazy week. >.>

Vandslaux

I'm surprised, all this time, and I've still kept a solid #4.

And about Aura Sphere being used in the BS, there's at least one Lucario set with it, I've run into it.

Last edited:

[GS]

Staring at my phone
There are actually 2. They both get great neutral coverage, and
if the first one hits you with Metal Sound on the switch you
could be in for some trouble if you don't outspeed and OHKO.

347 | Lucario | Modest | Black Belt | Metal Sound | Dark Pulse | Aura Sphere | Heal Pulse | Spd/SpA
872 | Lucario | Modest | Expert Belt | Aura Sphere | Psychic | Shadow Ball | Follow Me | Spd/SpA

Vandslaux

A big flaw with Lucario is his lackluster base 90 Speed.

AquaRegisteel

Face Oblivion
I say the second one looks quite scary with the coverage it gets, but can be beaten by a good ol' Focus Blast or a rain bossted Surf from Ludicolo thankfully.

Halle

Hi, I've recently tried out a sunny day team in the super singles (Ninetales as lead and volcarona as setup sweeper). With that I tried using a Sizor to give some assistence as my two biggest fears, water and rock. However, this left me terribly open to counter fire types.

Ninetales @ Wide lense
Trait: Drought
EVS: 252 HP 96 SpD / 160 Spd
IVs: 31 / 12, 13 / 29 / 31 / 31 / 31
Timid nature
-Fire Blast
-Energy Ball
-Will-o-Wisp
-Protect

Volcarona @ Leftovers
cant remember evs or ivs(but they are pretty good), but it's defence oriented, and bold natured.
moves are
fiery dance
bug buzz
quiver dance
morning sun

And final my sizor who's evs or ivs i cant remember at all but impish in nature, he is ev trained but not iv breed.
moves:
bullet punch
night slash
bug bite
sword dance

I realy want to keep my first two mons, and im asking for a suitable replacement for sizor, from what i've noticed so far, his main job will be to deal with rock types and other fire types, as water types hasn't proven that much of a nuisance in the sunny weather. Andvice, i mostly need a pokemon advice, but any further help (as to nature, evs and moves are also appreciated).

I forgot to mention, since I'm using sunny weather I fear that using a water type wont cut it, or am i wrong?

Psycho Cut

Perhaps try a dragon pokemon, such as haxorus or garchomp?

AquaRegisteel

Face Oblivion
You shouldn't be too afraid of Water types on a Sun team, as they'll be powered down by a half. And Scizor is a somewhat bad choice on a sun team, as some average Fire Attack will demolish it.

Final

I Submit to No One
You shouldn't be too afraid of Water types on a Sun team, as they'll be powered down by a half. And Scizor is a somewhat bad choice on a sun team, as some average Fire Attack will demolish it.

To be fair, most Fire attacks will kill Scizor in 1 hit unless it's Raining anyway. Sun also essentially gives it a Water resistance too.

Halle

Well, sizor did work pretty good with the team as he could counter rock, and to some extent water, the main problem simply was other fire types. Ninetales with a fire attack and grass, and a volcarona with a fire and a bug type attack aren't going to be making any big holes in fire types (unless fully buffed, but then again, havn't I allready won then? :p)

I've tried replacing sizor with Garchomp, and had some success i guess, reached a 36 winning streak (still going), which is good for me, hopefully i can get it high enough to earn a place in the ranking hall in this thread :)

There it ended :) at 38, not quite close enough to face the subway champ :(

Last edited:

ZeroEdgeir

I've nearly finished EV training my second Pokemon for my Super Singles first attempt, this is what I got going atm...

Mienshao - Fighting
Ability: Regenerator
Nature: Jolly
Item: Wide Lens
EVs: 252 Att/252 Spd/4 HP
Hi Jump Kick
U-Turn
Rock Slide
Fake Out

Coverage - Normal, Fire, Ice, Flying, Psychic, Bug, Rock, Dark, Steel
Weak - Flying, Psychic

;094;Gengar - Ghost/Poison
Ability: Levitate
Nature: Modest
Item: Expert Belt
EVs: 252 SpAtt/252 Spd/4 HP
Shadow Ball
Psychic
Thunderbolt
Energy Ball

Coverage - Water, Poison, Ground, Flying, Fighting, Psychic, Rock, Ghost
Weak - Psychic, Ghost, Dark

Now, obviously, I need something to wall up these two sweepers. And while my plan was for this:

;376;Metagross - Steel/Psychic
Ability: Clear Body
Nature: Adamant
Item: Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP/252 Att/4 SpDef
Bullet Punch
Ice Punch
Earthquake
Meteor Mash

Coverage - Fire, Electric, Grass, Ice, Ground, Flying, Rock, Dragon, Steel
Weak - Fire, Ground

... my issue has landed in being unable to as of yet find someone to work with to acquire said 4th Gen Tutor'd Metang/Metagross (I have a Metang on my Diamond ready to trade to get taught, but not had any luck with aid).

So, I am looking for an alternative wall/staller, to use either after a U-Turn into a threat he can handle, or if one gets knocked out, to wear one down.

poopoop

SPPF STAFF
I've nearly finished EV training my second Pokemon for my Super Singles first attempt, this is what I got going atm...

Mienshao - Fighting
Ability: Regenerator
Nature: Jolly
Item: Wide Lens
EVs: 252 Att/252 Spd/4 HP
Hi Jump Kick
U-Turn
Rock Slide
Fake Out

Coverage - Normal, Fire, Ice, Flying, Psychic, Bug, Rock, Dark, Steel
Weak - Flying, Psychic

;094;Gengar - Ghost/Poison
Ability: Levitate
Nature: Modest
Item: Expert Belt
EVs: 252 SpAtt/252 Spd/4 HP
Shadow Ball
Psychic
Thunderbolt
Energy Ball

Coverage - Water, Poison, Ground, Flying, Fighting, Psychic, Rock, Ghost
Weak - Psychic, Ghost, Dark

Now, obviously, I need something to wall up these two sweepers. And while my plan was for this:

;376;Metagross - Steel/Psychic
Ability: Clear Body
Nature: Adamant
Item: Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP/252 Att/4 SpDef
Bullet Punch
Ice Punch
Earthquake
Meteor Mash

Coverage - Fire, Electric, Grass, Ice, Ground, Flying, Rock, Dragon, Steel
Weak - Fire, Ground

... my issue has landed in being unable to as of yet find someone to work with to acquire said 4th Gen Tutor'd Metang/Metagross (I have a Metang on my Diamond ready to trade to get taught, but not had any luck with aid).

So, I am looking for an alternative wall/staller, to use either after a U-Turn into a threat he can handle, or if one gets knocked out, to wear one down.

looks good, but be careful with the high jump kick cause it'll sometimes miss when you need it the most because its the subway.

idk but air balloon heatran might work for your question

Status
Not open for further replies.