• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Battle Subway Discussion & Ranking Hall~ Now With Singles Team Building Guide!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vandslaux

Use Ferro in Rain. I use one, it's a beast. Here's the set I use:

Ferrothorn @Chesto Berry
Sassy
252 HP/4 Def/252 Sp. Def
Curse
Rest
Power Whip
Gyro Ball

Really effective.

Also, is LO or Specs better on a Rain Jolteon?

Simipour

<('.'<) (>'.')>
Use Ferro in Rain. I use one, it's a beast. Here's the set I use:

Ferrothorn @Chesto Berry
Sassy
252 HP/4 Def/252 Sp. Def
Curse
Rest
Power Whip
Gyro Ball

Really effective.

Also, is LO or Specs better on a Rain Jolteon?

Specs. Jolteon's usually a one trick pony with thunderbolt, even more so now you're using thunder. If someone's resisting your electric attacks you should be switching pokemon. You will OHKO most things you hit neutral, and nearly every thing you get a SE hit on. that's my experience with specs thunderbolt, so thunder in rain will do even better.

Larry

I just started with a rain team of Politoed, Dragonite, and Kingdra.
I'm a fan of offense.

Vandslaux

God, I finish EV training the Jolteon, and it comes out to 199 Speed (he maxes at 200, and it has a perfect Speed IV).. really??

But, Volt Switch is really handy for killing weakened opponents, and not having Jolteon face the next poke.

EDIT: Got to 35, farthest I've gotten in some time. Wish me luck!

Last edited:

Dragontamer1011

God, I finish EV training the Jolteon, and it comes out to 199 Speed (he maxes at 200, and it has a perfect Speed IV).. really??

But, Volt Switch is really handy for killing weakened opponents, and not having Jolteon face the next poke.

EDIT: Got to 35, farthest I've gotten in some time. Wish me luck!

EDIT: I just realized what you meant. Thats really weird.

Last edited:

poopoop

SPPF STAFF

that has happened to me few times too. I don't know causes that tho

Noctourniquet

∆∆∆

there's something wrong there, and it's nothing to do with issues in the game's programming. either it doesn't actually have the perfect iv or it's missing evs somehow. i'm afraid you'll just have to start over if you want one with 200 spe. which tbh i'd recommend to at least tie with everything else in your speed tier.

Larry

Just hit 49 in Singles with Politoed, Dragonite, and Kingdra and I am cruising.

Simipour

<('.'<) (>'.')>
I'm training a bold volcarona to use in battle subway. It's useable in OU where stealth rock and sandstorm decimate it, which pretty much makes it god without those things. enter Battle subway. I'll probably drop blissey and keep garchomp/scizor. though i might use a decent water absorb pokemon like vaporeon on the switch well see. Garchomp resists rock moves which is nice. Though i wonder if quiver dance and 2 swords dance pokemon is too much. having a boosting move for every pokemon.

Vandslaux

I think I'm going to try out TerraCott in the Subway, but I don't have any Seedot/Nuzleaf/Shiftrys on my White (I also don't have Seedots in my White Forest) for Beat Up on Whimsicott. Anyone have a Beat Up Seedot/Cottonee?

Palkia98

just barely passed 49 on the singles... thank you haxorus...

[GS]

Staring at my phone
Sorry I've been away guys, seems I've missed quite a lot.

I'm gonna start working on getting things edited into the
OP and I'll update this post with the changes.

@ vandslaux: If you did the standard 252/252/6 spread you
can always use and EV reducing berry on the 6 and give
him some more Spe EV's and see what happens.

Edit: @ poopoop, Jolteon and Larry:Good job guys, I got
you all edited into the OP. I'm pretty sure all the links and
such are correct, but you may wanna have a look yourselves
as I did it rather quickly.

Happy train-ing everyone. C wut I did thar?

shadow_burnt

HEAD BUTT GO!
Got to about 56 then trolled by the rest, sleep talk, fissure, sheer cold Walrein of doom...
Anyway need a adamant boy larvitar, waiting for that, then going to breed for a adamant Gible then Sand Rush adamant Drilbur to go back to sweeping.

When I was closest to 50th battle, the poor Aerodactil gave me a flinched-critcal hit Rock Slide in my Uxie, and then sweep ¬¬'
Also a Glaceon give to me 2 Blizzard Crits, that almost defeated me (Thanks Haxorus for beating 3 with Outrage XD)
My team is good atm, but I still need a better Dual-Screem user (I tried Espeon, Latios and actually Uxie). Haxorus is my DD Sweeper and Volcarona or Yanmega can be the Special Sweeper. I like the idea of Tinted Lens-Choice Scarfed Yanmega, very good to Revenge Kill~

Best record, 46~

Dragontamer1011

When I was closest to 50th battle, the poor Aerodactil gave me a flinched-critcal hit Rock Slide in my Uxie, and then sweep ¬¬'
Also a Glaceon give to me 2 Blizzard Crits, that almost defeated me (Thanks Haxorus for beating 3 with Outrage XD)
My team is good atm, but I still need a better Dual-Screem user (I tried Espeon, Latios and actually Uxie). Haxorus is my DD Sweeper and Volcarona or Yanmega can be the Special Sweeper. I like the idea of Tinted Lens-Choice Scarfed Yanmega, very good to Revenge Kill~

Best record, 46~

Unfortunate, you were pretty closet to 49 :/. I lost on 30 something due to a Freeze Hax. One pokemon wiped out my entire team but I eventually got a few KOs with Starmie and finally it was down to Starmie and Weavile. Luckily this weavile didn't have Night Slash, but it did have Ice Punch... First attack Surf hit over half damage, Weavile hit with Ice Punch, Starmie is Frozen Solid! Five turns later he KOs me with a sixth punch while I'm still frozen... Seriously what the heck...

Then theres the five flinches in a row on Vulcarona, can't remember which pokemon, but it lost me the battle... It was using Headbutt...

Simipour

<('.'<) (>'.')>
BS makes me wanna cry :(. Decided to go back to Garchomp/Scizor/Blissey to make the battles faster. Got up to 44 or something then lost.

Chomp took out his torterra with half health remaining. managed 3 swords dance boosts. Saw an infernape next. I knew i was gonna lose my streak. Close combat on chomp. KO. Scizor bullet punch(my only option), half damage. Flare blitz KO. Infernape on red helath. Close Combat on Blissey. KO. My team has a problem with fire/fighting types once chomps dwn, i might have to go back to chandelure.

poopoop

SPPF STAFF
On my first try I got to rank 3 on wifi subway then on battle 7 rotom wash tricked my ferrothorn and killed it, then my politoed couldn't do anything to it so I lost. I might have to make a new team for wifi subway

Larry

Just lost at 41...bronzing with trick room, rain dance, and hypnosis. Then I got finished off by a rhyperior.

Status
Not open for further replies.