• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Battle Subway Discussion & Ranking Hall~ Now With Singles Team Building Guide!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Final

I Submit to No One
I guess it's time to post my latest win streak which stopped at 65 wins. This is for Singles obviously.

Starmie.gif

Starmie @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
EV's: 4 HP / 252 Special Attack / 252 Speed
Ability: Natural Cure
~ Psyshock
~ Thunderbolt
~ Ice Beam
~ Surf

For everyone that knows Starmie and what it does this shouldn't need much if any explanation. Surf + BoltBeam are the main attacks on the set. Psyshock is there for Pseudo-Mixed Attacking although for pretty much the entire streak it's been a strong filler move for KOing stuff weak to it. Timid + max Speed gives it blazing Speed and Special Attack is maximized to maximize damage output. Life Orb is chosen to further increase power while still retaining freedom to switch between moves. Natural Cure is the best ability for Starmie since with it, it can take status and run if needed.

http://i48.*******.com/ofx3qf.jpg

Scizor @ Muscle Band
Adamant Nature
EV's: 36 HP / 252 Attack / 220 Speed
Ability: Technician
~ Swords Dance
~ Brick Break
~ Bullet Punch
~ Bug Bite

A speedier version of the set I normally use for Scizor. I don't care what anyone says, the extra Speed comes in handy at times and it is still reasonably sturdy even without a huge HP investment. The Speed EVs put it ahead of the Pokemon hanging at 112 Speed and anything slower including all versions of Magnezone and all versions of Heatran (barring the Scarfed one) that appear in the Battle Subway. Outspeeding the stuff at 108 (namely all 4 versions of Excadrill which don't run max Speed in the Battle Subway for some reason) should probably be enough but I felt content in outspeeding the Registeel that runs max Speed. Anyway, the rest should be self explanatory. Swords Dance and sweep. Bug Bite and Bullet Punch for STAB and Brick Break to get through Steels who would otherwise be troublesome. An Adamant Nature and max Attack are standard fare. The remaining EVs are put into HP.

http://i40.*******.com/989087.jpg

Garchomp @ Lum Berry
Jolly Nature
EV's: 4 HP / 252 Attack / 252 Speed
Ability: Sand Veil
~ Swords Dance
~ Fire Fang
~ Earthquake
~ Dragon Claw

You may be wondering why I'm not running Outrage on Garchomp when I have Lum Berry to cure Confusion afterwards in the form of Lum Berry. Well its because I can laugh off Status that gets thrown at Garchomp and have more opportunities to set up. Not to mention the fact I don't get stuck on a move that can be absorbed by something that resists it afterwards. Swords Dance boosts its already great Attack and I sweep with its STAB moves that cover nearly everything and Fire Fang which covers what his STAB moves don't cover. A Jolly Nature with max Attack and Speed are obvious.

How I lost:

It was down to my Starmie and my opponent's Starmie and I was unlucky enough to lose the Speed tie and get KOed by Thunderbolt.

http://i51.*******.com/2vsm9ag.jpg

I would have posted a video but for some stupid reason it wouldn't let me upload it on WiFi.

Last edited:

ZeroEdgeir

looks good, but be careful with the high jump kick cause it'll sometimes miss when you need it the most because its the subway.

idk but air balloon heatran might work for your question

That is why he has the Wide Lens... 99% Accuracy on Hi Jump Kick and Rock Slide. Pretty much, as long as I don't aim at a Ghost, I'm okay.

As to using Heatran... alot harder to get what I want out of him, regarding Nature. Plus, for some reason, he isn't even in the cave in my Diamond game. I went back to check recently, and his room is empty, and he isn't in my boxes anywhere.

While typing isn't going to help it as much, I do actually have a Dream World Miltank at my disposal. Defensively, it's pretty bulky, but I dunno on the offense-side. Due to it's weak Special Attack stat (Base 40), I sure wouldn't want to use Ice Beam, and Ice Punch has to be tutor'd from 4th Gen (so same issue as Metagross), leaving me without a way to cover Dragons, which is my biggest beef in finding a reliable wall (and yes, I know, sounds like a weird thing to ask, but Dragons tend to be some of the most lethal types out there, and making sure I can take their hits while knocking them out rather quickly is a goal). Maybe Empoleon would work? Or an Eviolite Dusclops?

Last edited:

ChampBlack16

Expert Trainer
Ive never got past streak 5 in super singles before and that annoys me :p

For a new team I'm thinking all out special attacking Latios with garchomp (physical attacker) and something else. probably something that can take ice attacks.

or

same latios with t-tar and excadrill

basic idea but not much needs to be said or laid out. help would be greatly appreciated :)

[GS]

Staring at my phone
@ Final: Jesus, I have no idea how I've missed your post... I'll get
you added in sometime today, sorry bro. ^^'

Edit: Got you added in, good job dude.

Simipour

<('.'<) (>'.')>
my past two losses are to depressing to think about(the way they happened), so i'll talk about the agonizing match i just won. My garchomp was put out of commission, meaning i had no raw power to 1HKO or 2HKO the dusknoir that was sent out. ironically the pokemon i versed it with was a dusclops. anyways, it abused double team to no end, i literally missed 10 moves in a row(forget will o wisp, i couldn't hit it with a night shade either.) with dusknoirs pressure on, my PP was running thin. i hit it with my second last will o wisp(which takes his health away faster than his leftovers heals it. so from there i just slugged it out and waited for him to die(the reason i survived this long was i had rest, and he had nothing to take me out in 2 - 3 turns.)

whats more is that was the last pokemon of the 7th match. kinda epic, but also very annoying.

Dragontamer1011

Would a Dratini with 31/ 31/ 18/ X/ 29/ 31 and a Riolu with 17/ 31/ 27/ X/ 29/ 31 be acceptable for the Battle Subway? Dragonite is already trained and at 67 and successfully mauled a number of pokemon already. The problem was dealing with rock types and thats where Lucario and Starmie come in.

IV breeding is becoming very tedious... Especially having to use berries to evolve Riolu.

Last edited:

[GS]

Staring at my phone
That 17 HP IV is a bit of a letdown on Riolu, but everything else
looks pretty good.

soulsurvivor

Making progress
A month ago i made a 65 win streak. i'll try to give my proof if i get a camera.

But my team(for doubles)

Hariyama@flame orb
brave
guts
252 atk, 156 def, 100 sp.def
-close combat
-stone edge
-earthquake
-fake out

Partnered with:

cresselia@sitrus berry
calm
252 hp, 100 def, 152 sp.def

-trickroom
-lightscreen
-helping hand
-psycic

Guess how I set up everytime. If you guesses fake out+trickroom then your correct. It was easy trickroom for me. flame orb activated guts, and helping hand boosted my STAB C.C. EQ was there because cress is levitating and stone edge for coverage.light screen was a filler as it proved helpful vs special heavy teams.

Back up

smeargle@focus sash (LV1)
no ev's/random nature

Dark void
endeavor
follow me
detect

He came in usually after hari dies but trickroom is still up. Dark void is auto-sleep, and endeavor made picking off foes easier. Follow me is used only for when i need to sac smeargle to reset trickroom.

NOTE:I cycled ttar in this position in early rounds

Jellicent@water gem
quiet
252 hp, 252 sp.atk
-water spout
-Shadow ball
-ice beam
-trickroom

My back up if trickroom ends. Also during trickroom he comes in on a ko'd cress and fires of a gemed water spout. Shadow ball is there for stab and my only mon who hit ghost effectively. Ice beam is for coveragd vs dragon types,

How i lost- I battled a slower team who used my trickroom to there advantage, and it was cresselia, and smeargle vs spiritomb so yea guess what happened.

Again I am sorry for not being able to submit proof and will try to whenever i can get a chance.

Dragontamer1011

That 17 HP IV is a bit of a letdown on Riolu, but everything else
looks pretty good.

Yeh but wanna know how much time I spent breeding them today? Probably around four hours... Yep... I guess its worth it in the end, though.

[GS]

Staring at my phone
@ soulsurvivor: That's a pretty cool team dude, I'll put you up
later.

Edit: Added you, good work man.

Dragontamer1011 said:
Yeh but wanna know how much time I spent breeding them today? Probably around four hours... Yep... I guess its worth it in the end, though.

I know how you feel man, breeding is a pain in the ass, especially
breeding for HP. ¬¬

I usually settle for things around 25+ if it gets too ridiculous tho.

Vandslaux

Looking at all of these, 74 seems pretty good. And Shuckle, GL with that Shuckle/Gastrodon/Ferrothorn team!

I've been trying my Rain team, but now I can't get past 35 >_< Could you guys help me? Using the same sets as last time (The Toxic stalling Toed, Same Ferro, SubSD Toxicroak/Thundurus/Specs Latios, tried them all, none really worked as well as LO Latios)

Maybe I should just try again with the original Toxic stalling Toed/Curse Ferro/LO Latios.

poopoop

SPPF STAFF
Looking at all of these, 74 seems pretty good. And Shuckle, GL with that Shuckle/Gastrodon/Ferrothorn team!

I've been trying my Rain team, but now I can't get past 35 >_< Could you guys help me? Using the same sets as last time (The Toxic stalling Toed, Same Ferro, SubSD Toxicroak/Thundurus/Specs Latios, tried them all, none really worked as well as LO Latios)

Maybe I should just try again with the original Toxic stalling Toed/Curse Ferro/LO Latios.

i use those exact pokes too! they cover each other so fudging good!!! but my sets are different tho. good luck!

217 wins and still counting, ill post my team when i lose

Larry

Just hit 70 wins in the Super Singles. I have a question: When I used Outrage 3 times in a row I never got confused. Is that because the opponent had used Protect?

poopoop

SPPF STAFF
Ahhhhhhh!!!!

i lost!!! :(

lost on battle # 227, so i got a 226 win streak

vid: 96-00890-42247
stupid flame orb machamp!!!

i should have taught latios psychic!!! T-T

team

;186; Politoed@Quick claw
Modest nature
Drizzle
4hp/252sp.atk/252speed

psychic
focus blast
scald
ice beam

needed for the rain. basically it hits hard or KO the opponent. or dies but sometimes it survives too or i switch into ferrothorn when i see a grass attack coming. i gave it quick claw because i couldn't find any other item to give it but it has saved me so many times.also covers ferrothorns fire weakness and latios ice weakness.

:598: Ferrothorn@leftovers
Sassy nature
252hp/60 def/196sp.def
Power whip
leech seed
protect (very good vs high jump kickers and slaking)
toxic

i dont know what to say but that ferrothorn is so freaken BEAST!!! in the subway!!! he takes out almost every wall in here especially vaporeon and suicune, also can't be toxiced or seeded. also takes out many offensive pokes to that dont have stab fire moves. also he usually KOs the opponents team. And latios and politoed covers his fighting and fire weakness, while ferrothorn covers there grass and dragon weakness

;381; Latios@ Focus Sash
Timid nature
4hp/252sp.atk/252speed
Ice beam
Thunder
Surf
Dragon pulse (should i replace this with psychic?)

My sweeper.Boltbeam. stab surf (rain). i chose sash over life orb so that i can take a super effective or critical hit attack without dying. He killed so many pokemons. abuses 100% acurate thunder too.

how i lost:

his last poke machamp

mine are latios and ferrothorn

latios uses surf it uses protect flame orb burn

i use surf goes to about 50%
uses pay back i faint

hurt by burn

i send out ferrothorn

i use protect

hurt by burn

i use protect again it works!

hurt by burn

i use protect it fails

close combat 1HKO

ferrothorn faints

iron barbs hurt machamp, its hp goes to super tiny red line

jolteon135

Congrats poopoop. I saw the video. Slight misplay on your part. You could have simply switched between Ferrothorn and Latios to get burn damage until Latios could kill it. Also you would have won if that rough skin dealt more damage 'cause the opponent would have fainted first but unfortunately that didn't happen. Nice streak anyways. Congrats. ^_^

poopoop

SPPF STAFF
Congrats poopoop. I saw the video. Slight misplay on your part. You could have simply switched between Ferrothorn and Latios to get burn damage until Latios could kill it. Also you would have won if that rough skin dealt more damage 'cause the opponent would have fainted first but unfortunately that didn't happen. Nice streak anyways. Congrats. ^_^

Thank you!
i don't know why i didn't see that :( . i probably could have gone a lot further, its going to be hard getting up that high again. oh well, still over 200 :)

Last edited:

Simipour

<('.'<) (>'.')>
you probably should switch dragon pulse with psychic. ice beam covers dragons well enough, better in most cases. and congrats again, ive stopped BS until i get some sorta team in order.

Larry

Streak Ended at 74. Simple mistake.

Dragonite @ Choice Band
Adamant
252 Atk 252 Spe
MultiScale

-Outrage
-Waterfall
-Fire-Punch
-Extremespeed

My lead. 95% of the time I start off with Outrage which usually takes out 2 or 3 of their Pokemon unless there's a steel type. And with multiscale I can take most hits.

Haxorus @ Muscles Band
Jolly
252 Atk 252 Spe
Mold Breaker

-Dragon Claw
-Dragon Dance
-EQ
-Rock Slide

This would usually go 1 for 1. Take out one of theirs and do some damage on another Pokemon before he gets KO'd. Still he came up big in some situations.

Porygon-Z @ Choice Scarf
Modest
252 Sp.Atk 252 Spe
Adaptablility

-Tri-Attack
-Dark Pulse
-Thunderbolt
-Ice-Beam

Probably my MVP. Around a dozen 3v1 clutches. I like Adaptability>Download because Tri-Attack is my most used move and I need the guaranteed boost. Countless times this has come up big for me.

Stupid mistake is the reason I lost. I knew that Jynx outspeeds and OHKOs Dragonite with Blizzard from previous battles. So I decide to use Outrage instead of Extremespeed.
With Dragonite down I go to Porygon-Z who get Jynx into red health with a Tric-Attack. It takes a Blizzard which drops me to 30HP. If I had used Extremespeed then Tri-Attack would have KO'd Jynx and I'd have a full health Porygon.
Next up is a Cryogonal which takes Tri-Attack like a champ and KOs Porygon with Icy Wind. I go to Haxorus which gets OHKO'd by Blizzard.

I didn't save the video but I have a picture. Proof

Really Hard to see because my screen has green lines all over it but I think you'll be able to read itt.

Noctourniquet

∆∆∆
you probably should switch dragon pulse with psychic. ice beam covers dragons well enough, better in most cases. and congrats again, ive stopped BS until i get some sorta team in order.

nah. dragon pulse gets neutral coverage on everything that isn't steel type and gets stab from latios' typing, two things which ice beam can't do. tbqh i don't think the set needs ice beam that much but with the alternative being psychic idk what else could go in there. probably psyshock? something like that or just leave it as it is. a defensive move could go in too i guess and with proper support calm mind could maybe work but i'm not sure because of the megaoffensive team )which probably needs seeing to anyway).

Status
Not open for further replies.