• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Battle Subway Doubles Rain Team

ricedonut

pringle user
I'm working on a team for the Battle Subway, but I need opinions on it.

186.png

Politoed @ Iron Ball/Wacan Berry
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 252 HP/252 SpA/4 SpD
Quiet Nature
-Surf
-Ice Beam/Helping Hand
-Psychic/Helping Hand
-Protect

This guy's purpose is to make it rain. It's the bulky VGC set from Smogon, but since it's ingame, HP Grass is hard to get down and Encore isn't as good since the AI is unpredictable. Protect is for stalling and scouting. The Iron ball is to underspeed Hippowdon, Abomasnow and Tyranitar so I can have rain if one of them is sent out first. I think Helping hand would benefit my team, but I'm not sure of what move to delete for Helping Hand. Possibly Ice Beam, as Ludicolo already has it.

Helping Hand and Icy Wind are legal with drizzle now because there are move tutors in BW2.

Spr_3r_272.png

Ludicolo @ Absorb Bulb
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 4 HP/252 SpA/252 Spe
Modest Nature
-Fake Out
-Scald
-Giga Drain
-Ice Beam

Ludicolo's purpose is to absorb a Surf from Politoed, and be extremely fast under the rain. Fake out will help Ludicolo stop the most threatening opponent from attacking while it while it takes a 4x resisted Surf from Politoed. Then it can deal a lot of damage and almost always go first.
Ice beam provides useful coverage.

$(KGrHqF,!iUE4vk5!ClIBOYBrRe7sg~~60_35.JPG

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barb
EVs: 252 HP/148 Def/108 SpD
Careful Nature
IVs: 2 Spe
-Leech Seed
-Protect
-Gyro Ball
-Power Whip

Yes, I'm using Ferrothorn. Call it cliched but it works.
Ferrothorn's purpose is to take a lot of hits, and drain the opponent's HP by using Leech Seed and protecting itself. It can also do a lot of damage with Gyro Ball because it's slow, and Power Whip.

RotomWashFormXousFINAL.png

Rotom-W @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Levitate
Modest Nature
-Thunder
-Hydro Pump
-Thunder Wave
-Protect

This is the Thunder User, but it also doubles as another Water type. It also has Thunder Wave to slow down the opponent and also decrease their chance of attacking. Protect is for stalling. The Sitrus Berry is to help with survivability.

Please give me advice, and tell me if there are any problems with my Team! Keep in mind it's primarily for use in the Battle Subway Doubles car.

EDIT: Rotom-W, and general changes to the team.

Last edited:

Aura Sensei™

User Title
I applaud you, finallly something challenging!

Politoed - I don't really understand Iron Ball or the main strategy with that. May I suggest a Specs set with Hydro Pump l Ice Beam l Focus Blast l Psychic? Ofc change the EV's to 4 Hp / 252 SpA / 252 Spe if you choose Specs. If you're looking for more of a Defensive approach, Toxi-Stalling ain't bad.

Ludicolo - Seems very solid, the only thing I see being changed is maybe Leech Seed instead of Fake Out for some healing, or Substitute, since hax bites and Ludicolo is your main Sweeper alongside Thundurus-T.

Thundurus-T - Maybe a Sub Nasty Plot set? Hax can really hurt without Substitute, and besides that, you'd have a chunk of SpA.

Other than that, I don't see any thing else :]

azeem40

Pokemon is fun!
I applaud you, finallly something challenging!

Politoed - I don't really understand Iron Ball or the main strategy with that. May I suggest a Specs set with Hydro Pump l Ice Beam l Focus Blast l Psychic? Ofc change the EV's to 4 Hp / 252 SpA / 252 Spe if you choose Specs. If you're looking for more of a Defensive approach, Toxi-Stalling ain't bad.
Iron Ball allows him to win the weather war against slower weather inducers such as Abomasnow and T-Tar/Hippowdon.

Aura Sensei™

User Title
Okay then, but either way, you won't see 'em too much. The moveset though, could be altered imo.

I'm working on a team for the Battle Subway, but I need opinions on it.

186.png

Politoed @ Iron Ball
Ability: Drizzle
Quiet Nature
-Surf
-Ice Beam
-Psychic/Helping Hand/Icy Wind
-Protect

This guy's purpose is to make it rain. It's the bulky VGC set from Smogon, but since it's ingame, HP Grass is hard to get down and Encore isn't as good since the AI is unpredictable, So the third moveslot is between Psychic, Helping Hand and Icy Wind. Psychic would be for the extra coverage, Helping hand would be for helping the team mate, and Icy wind can slow down my opponent. Protect is for stalling and scouting. The Iron ball is to underspeed Hippowdon, Abomasnow and Tyranitar so I can have rain if one of them is sent out first.

Helping Hand and Icy Wind are legal with drizzle now because there are move tutors in BW2.

Spr_3r_272.png

Ludicolo @ Absorb Bulb
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 4 HP/252 SpA/252 Spe
Modest Nature
-Fake Out
-Scald
-Giga Drain
-Ice Beam/Protect

Ludicolo's purpose is to absorb a Surf from Politoed, and be extremely fast under the rain. Fake out will help Ludicolo stop the most threatening opponent from attacking while it while it takes a 4x resisted Surf from Politoed. Then it can deal a lot of damage and almost always go first.
Ice beam is for coverage, but Protect may be used if Ludicolo needs to dodge a hit from the opponent or Politoed.

$(KGrHqF,!iUE4vk5!ClIBOYBrRe7sg~~60_35.JPG

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barb
EVs: 252 HP/148 Def/108 SpD
Careful Nature
IVs: 2 Spe
-Leech Seed
-Protect
-Gyro Ball
-Power Whip/Seed Bomb

Yes, I'm using Ferrothorn. Call it cliched but it works.
Ferrothorn's purpose is to take a lot of hits, and drain the opponent's HP by using Leech Seed and protecting itself. It can also do damage with Gyro Ball and Power Whip (though I may go with Seed bomb because I hate missing 5 times in a row)

The 4th member varies. If I can get PPRNG to work on Windows so that I don't get garbage IVs/Nature then I will use this:

thundurus.png

Thundurus-T @ Expert Belt
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 4 Def/252 SpA/252 Spe
Modest Nature
-Thunder
-HP Ice
-Grass Knot
-Volt Switch/Thunderbolt/Nasty Plot/Substitute/Thunder Wave

This behemoth can smash the opponent with a 100% accurate Thunder, but if they resist or are immune to it, then it can use a different attack. HP Ice can be used because I can plug the correct IVs in PPRNG. The 4th slot holds many options. Volt switch is recommended in the Smogon set, but it may not be as reliable in a double battle where there are 4 Pokemon in each team, and Tornadus won't be sent out first. Thunderbolt is a second Electric type attack in case the rain is gone and Politoed faints (though I will do everything in my power to prevent that), Nasty Plot makes it hit even harder (though it may recieve too much damage while it is using Nasty Plot), Substitute can help Tornadus avoid heavy damage and Thunder Wave can help slow down the opponent.

If I can't use PPRNG then I don't know what I will go for.

Please give me advice, and tell me if there are any problems with my Team! Keep in mind it's primarily for use in the Battle Subway Doubles car.

EDIT: Purposes of iron ball

I'd remove Icy Wind as one of the move choices on Politoed since you're already using Ice Beam, Icy Wind is redundant (unless you're trying to slow down a faster threat like Swift Swim Kingdra).

Also, since it has a nice base 145~ base Sp.Atk why not go timid instead? It's 101 base speed would enjoy the boost since it'll plow through most teams with it's Sp.Atk even without the modest boost. (If you aren't using a mac you would need RNG Reporter not PPRNG).

Thundurus-T - Maybe a Sub Nasty Plot set? Hax can really hurt without Substitute, and besides that, you'd have a chunk of SpA.

He'd lose out on opportune expert belt power though, especially since Thundurus-T is built to be an instant sweeper, not a set-up sweeper like Gyarados or certain Salamence sets. (I was almost tempted to suggest Focus Blast in place of Nasty Plot but unlike battling a live person, the AI likes to manipulate hax somehow so Focus Blast would have the accuracy of Dynamic Punch.)

ricedonut

pringle user
Alright, RNG reporter won't work for Dream Radar, and I don't have White, so I have no idea what Thunder User I'm going to go for. I'm thinking Jolteon, but it will be annoying to get IVs for its Hidden power...

Thanks for the advice so far!

Bigheaded

King of the Wooper
the fake out on ludicolo is interesting. I would have thought protect would be stronger.

Would also like to see another rain dance on one of your other 3 poke's in case the toad goes down, although your poke's arn't really that reliant on rain anyway. Is the tanky ferro even working?! for imo i think you just need to output damage quickly, especially if you use a jolteon.

I would consider adding magnezone, as then you have something fairly tanky whom can abuse thunder.

ricedonut

pringle user
I think I'm going to use Rotom-W. I have a modest rotom here with 24/4/26/31/26/21 IVs. Is this good enough or should I keep breeding?

Bigheaded

King of the Wooper
personally i'd use it. If you use it for a prolonged period of time, then change it for a better one. I change my minds on teams and reuse pokemon i like and dump the ones i didn't like so much. I need to transfer my old staraptor i loved it to death even though it had poor stats, is on my list as first thing to rebreed when i get a 3ds.
The other constraint is of course time, can you really wait for the "perfect" one?

I would try and help more but i'm not overly familiar with doubles battles. I generally prefer singles where it's more predictable.

Aura Sensei™

User Title
I'd say it's good enough, as it has 31 SpA EV's. Though I'd say if you have the time / patience, there are better ones.