• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Battle Subway Rain Team

Gelatino95

Not a tool
Now that I've acquired a DW poliwag, I can assemble a Rain Team for the Battle Subway. Here's the idea for what I want to do:

186.gif

Politoed @ Choice Scarf
Drizzle
Modest
4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spe
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Psychic
- Hypnosis

Just the weather starter I need. I choose Surf > Hydro Pump due to its reliability, and I've had way too much trouble with hax on the Battle Subway. Ice Beam for good coverage. Psychic makes a good filler move for coverage. Hypnosis can help me if I'm up against a potentially dangerous opponent and I want to put him to sleep for a free switch. Unfortunately, this comes with a completely undesirable accuracy, but it's my only hope.

454.gif

Toxicroak @ Black Sludge
Dry Skin
Adamant
244 HP / 252 Atk / 12 Def
- Bulk Up
- Substitute
- Drain Punch
- Sucker Punch

This set helps my team so it's not so grass-weak. Bulk Up makes Toxicroak super powerful while making him super bulky at the same time. Substitute keeps me safe while boosting, and Dry Skin helps it last. Drain Punch restores health to keep my substitutes up while dealing damage, powered up by Bulk Up. Finally, Sucker Punch is for priority if I need it. Thanks to Shuckle's suggestion, Black Sludge is now there to mess with Trick users.

134.gif

Vaporeon @ Leftovers
Hydration
Calm
252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 SDef
- Rest
- Toxic
- Protect / Acid Armor
- Surf

The Toxic staller that never dies. Using Politoed's rain to its advantage, Vaporeon can Rest without worry of missing any turns. Toxic is excellent for a pokemon that's going to linger for a long time. Protect helps stall out Toxic damage and healing from Leftovers, but Acid Armor can patch up Vaporeon's poor physical Defense. Help me out on this one if you can. Just so that it's not Taunt bait, Vaporeon needs an attacking move, so Surf works nicely, especially with rain.

There's my idea. I haven't actually made this team yet, so I need advice on what to do with it. Some of the points that I need help on are described in the explanations, so please help if you can.

Last edited:

hyacinth

Politoed: I would put Hidden Power Electric if your willing to breed for it if not Psychic or Focus Blast would be other good options. As for the Hypnosis I think it would just depresses you the amount of time it will miss instead if you want to you could run Substitute.

Kabutops: 52 Hp / 252 Atk / 200 Spe You shouldn't be running Def Evs before you max Hp. Max Attack is need for sweeping and the Speed Evs should help you along with swift swim. I'd prefer not to use Wide Lens and use Life Orb instead but with sword dance you shouldn't have too much of a problem so its up to you.

Vaporeon: Looks good maybe use Wish instead of Rest considering you already have leftovers your other pokemon could gain from this yet its not that important.

Overall it looks good some of my advice may not work with you strategy you have in mind so no pressure to take any on board ;)

Gelatino95

Not a tool
Politoed: I would put Hidden Power Electric if your willing to breed for it if not Psychic or Focus Blast would be other good options. As for the Hypnosis I think it would just depresses you the amount of time it will miss instead if you want to you could run Substitute.

Kabutops: 52 Hp / 252 Atk / 200 Spe You shouldn't be running Def Evs before you max Hp. Max Attack is need for sweeping and the Speed Evs should help you along with swift swim. I'd prefer not to use Wide Lens and use Life Orb instead but with sword dance you shouldn't have too much of a problem so its up to you.

Vaporeon: Looks good maybe use Wish instead of Rest considering you already have leftovers your other pokemon could gain from this yet its not that important.

Overall it looks good some of my advice may not work with you strategy you have in mind so no pressure to take any on board ;)

Thanks for the feedback. I don't know if there's any strategy to breeding for Hidden Power type, but if not, Psychic looks like it would be my best bet.

As for Kabutops, that EV spread looks pretty good. I think I could probably get Aqua Tail pretty easily, and Wide Lens can help with the accuracy issues of both Stone Edge and Aqua Tail, since misses can be REALLY bad on the Battle Subway. Power shouldn't be a problem with all that Attack investment and Swords Dance.

The only reason I'm using Vaporeon rather than some other bulky Water is because of its Hydration ability that lets it Rest without repercussions. Wish doesn't restore as much health and it takes a bit longer to activate, and I'm not really worried about healing my other pokemon, so that's not really the issue.

[GS]

Staring at my phone
You're a bit grass weak with your current set-up. Toxicroak could remedy
this, probably over Kabutops due to the 4x weakness. Honestly, you could
also run Parasect in there somewhere, the rain reduces his fire weakness
and he can gain some free HP. A set with Leech Seed/Giga Drain/Substitute
/Spore could work rather well.

Here are a couple of sets:

Toxicroak @ Muscle Band/Life Orb
Jolly/Adamant Nature
252 Atk/252 Spe/6 SpD
*Dry Skin*
~ Stone Edge
~ Drain Punch
~ Bullet Punch
~ Poison Jab/X-Scissor

Stone Edge and Drain Punch get awesome coverage together and Bullet
Punch is priority. The last slot is a toss up between another STAB attack
or a way to deal with grass types. Life Orb is the item of choice, but if
you don't trust Drain Punch and Drizzle to keep you alive, use Muscle Band.

Parasect @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
248 HP/252 SpD/8 SpA
*Dry Skin*
~ Spore
~ Substitute
~ Giga Drain
~ Leech Seed

Spore gives you a chance to Sub, Leech Seed and steal HP ftw.

Gelatino95

Not a tool
Both of those sets look interesting. Now that I look at it, I do seem to have a terrible Grass weakness. I especially like Parasect, so maybe I'll try that out and see if it works. Now, should I replace Vaporeon or Kabutops? Vaporeon is my main staller, and Parasect seems to be a staller as well, so it would make sens if I replace it. Then again, I could also replace Kabutops with Toxicroak. I guess the only thing to do is to try them all out.

Also, edited the OP with Psychic for Politoed.

Last edited:

Gelatino95

Not a tool
Bump. Swapped Kabutops with Toxicroak, so my team's not grass-weak. Still looking for a suitable replacement for Vaporeon.

[GS]

Staring at my phone
Zapdos would be a good choice. He can spam Thunder, not to
mention the fact that Toxicroak resists his rock weakness and
Politoed covers ice. Zappy is also immune to ground type
attacks which can destroy Toxicroak.

Zapdos @ Wise Glasses/Life Orb
Timid Nature
252 SpA/252 Spe/6 Def
*Pressure*
~ Roost
~ Thunder
~ Signal Beam
~ Hidden Power [Ice]/Volt Switch

Roost keeps you healthy, Thunder is WIN, Signal Beam lets
you deal with grass types and HP [Ice] beats ground types
and gives outstanding coverage. Volt Switch is an option to
get out fast if you need to.

I see you have Leftovers on 'Croak and Vappy, just remember
that the item clause is in effect in the subway, and that 'Croak
can use Black Sludge to restore HP and mess with Trick users.

Hope this helps.

Gelatino95

Not a tool
Zapdos looks perfect. I'll have to find a way to obtain one, though. I don't know how to RNG, so I'll need a substitute for HP Ice.

Also, I'm taking your advice on Black Sludge.