• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Battle Subway Single Team

Psycho Cut

So here's a team I've just dreamt up, I think it's a fairly good, all round team, let's see how it fares in RMT :)

:598: @ Leftovers/Chesto Berry
Iron Barbs
Relaxed
EVs 252 Hp, 200 Sp.Def, 52 Def
Moves:
--Curse
--Gyro Ball
--Leech Seed
--Protect

Ok, I've jumped in the bandwagon. This is my lead. It's a standard ferrothorn who walls with curse, while powering up gyro ball at the same time. Leech Seed for a bit of recovery. For the 4th move I wasn't sure, rest is great for stalling but sub will allow a form of SubSeeding, but I wasn't sure how this would work with ferrothorn's awful speed. I'm not too sure on the item either, chesto berry would complement rest well, but leftovers would add to gradual recovery.

;485; @ Choice Scarf
Flash Fire
Timid
EVs: 252 Speed, 252 Sp. Atk, 4 HP
Moves:
--Flamethrower
--Flash Cannon
--Earth Power
--Dragon Pulse

Special sweeper. I switch it into a fire move aimed at ferrothorn and begin to sweep with various coverage moves and increased speed from scarf. I was at first considering air balloon for heatran, but then I realised if i antcipated a ground move I just switch into.....

:567: @ Flying Gem
Defeatist
Adamant
EVs: 252 Att, 252 Speed, 4 HP
Moves:
--Acrobatics
--Stone Edge
--EQ
--U-turn

Physical sweeper and switches into any ground attacks aimed at heatran. Stnadard archeopsy coverage set and u-turn to escape sticky situations.

Comments and critisism appreciated :)

Last edited:

SuicuneScale

Is that a cookie?
Try Spikes on Ferrothorn. I think that the Heatran and Archeops are great. I think this is an awesome team, but it does not have support.

Psycho Cut

Try Spikes on Ferrothorn. I think that the Heatran and Archeops are great. I think this is an awesome team, but it does not have support.
I've never been a fan of entry hazards, but I was thinking of including spikes/stealth rock on ferrothorn but I wouldn't be sure what to delete for it. The way I see it, it kinda needs everything it's got.

SuicuneScale

Is that a cookie?
DO NOT run substitute on ferrothorn. It is not as good as you may think it is, as fire types set up on it. Hard. Even in the battle subway.

Psycho Cut

Yeah. I've been doing some testing of that ferrothorn on PO, and found that protect is a lot more useful than the other moves. I'll edit the original post now.

Thanks for your comments though :)

Tony32

Good team, the moves need some changes. First off, get rid rest / Substitute on Ferrothorn and give it Power Whip, it can become useful in the long run, i find it boring and dull to stall in the Battle Subway, so leech seed can't be your only attack option. Heatran is fine, Change to fire-blast if you want that extra power, your last pokemon can be changed to something else if it doesn't work out. I feel as if you should go with the simple f/w/g core and change your last to a powerful water type like Starmie who dominates the Battle Subway with it's bolt-beam coverage.

Psycho Cut

Good team, the moves need some changes. First off, get rid rest / Substitute on Ferrothorn and give it Power Whip, it can become useful in the long run, i find it boring and dull to stall in the Battle Subway, so leech seed can't be your only attack option. Heatran is fine, Change to fire-blast if you want that extra power, your last pokemon can be changed to something else if it doesn't work out. I feel as if you should go with the simple f/w/g core and change your last to a powerful water type like Starmie who dominates the Battle Subway with it's bolt-beam coverage.
I agree with the move change on ferrothorn, but to protect instead. I was meant to edit the original post earlier, but I forgot, I have done so now. And I have gyro ball for attacking.

I think the increased accuracy of flamethrower is more valuable, especially considering the reputation the battle subway has.

I get your point about f/g/w but one of the reasons I chose archeops is because I can switch it in to a ground attack aimed at heatran and take no damage. Also, starmie is a special attacker and I have one of those, heatran.

Thanks for your reply though :)

Psycho Cut

I guess my team is so awesome no-one has any critiques....