• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Battle Subway Singles Rain Team!

Psycho Cut

Yes, another rain team people. My synergy team (found here: http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=527316) only got me to 39 straight wins. So, as I am aiming for 49, AT LEAST, I have once again decided to turn to weather.

;186; @ Leftovers
Drizzle (obviously)
Relaxed
EVs: 252 HP, 100 Def, 100 Sp.Def, 56 Sp.Atk
Moves:
--Toxic
--Protect
--Scald
--Encore

Standard stalling politoed. I went for stall, as my other two members are sweepers. Toxic + protect is win, scald so I'm not taunt bait and encore is, well, rather useful at times, but I'm thinking this could be changed to something better.

;272; @ Life Orb
Swift Swim
Modest
EVs: 252 Sp.Atk, 252 Speed, 4HP
Moves:
--Surf
--Energy Ball/Giga Drain
--Ice Beam
--Fake Out

Ludicolo is awesome, competetiveness aside, it's just cool. Anyway, swift swim makes ludicolo fast, and life orb + modest make it powerful. Surf and Giga Drain/Energy Ball for STAB, Ice beam is coverage and fake out is to break sashes/sturdy and priority is never a bad thing.

;230; @ Persim Berry
Swift Swim
Adamant
EVs: 252 Att, 252 Speed, 4 HP
Moves:
--Dragon Dance
--Outrage
--Waterfall
--Flail

Physical sweeper, pretty standard set. DD to set up, outrage and waterfall for STAB and flail because there isn't much else. Persim berry helps with outrage confusion.

Ok, so there's the team. Pretty standard stuff, I know, but rates are appreciated. Thanks! :)

Vandslaux

DON'T REPLACE ENCORE. It's incredibly useful for me. It would allow Kingdra to get free DDs on Electric and Grass moves aimed at Politoed. Also, why not ChestoRest on Kingdra? Setup, ChestoRest, sweep. It would surely be more useful than Flail. I got to 63 and I'm still going strong (I haven't lost) with DrizzleToed, Curse Ferrothorn, and a Thunder abuser Latios. Also, Fake Out also breaks Zoroark's Illusion. I've run into a few.

Just giving some tips, as I run a Rain Battle Subway team too, and it's extremely successful, to the point of legendary trainers.

Last edited:

Psycho Cut

Thanks for the feedback, vandslaux :)

Yes, ChestoRest is indeed a great idea on Kingdra, I'll use that. Flail was just a filler that wasn't doing much...

arbiter7x

Brock Obama
or maybe go for a annoying tank Kingdra with Water pulse, Rest, toxic and ice beam, with maxed both defenses, similar to the one Juan uses in Emerald, but more pissing. I know Water Pulse looks weak but 20% confuse if great, or you would want to get rid of it altogether and put something like attract, although I don't recommend this.

Psycho Cut

or maybe go for a annoying tank Kingdra with Water pulse, Rest, toxic and ice beam, with maxed both defenses, similar to the one Juan uses in Emerald, but more pissing. I know Water Pulse looks weak but 20% confuse if great, or you would want to get rid of it altogether and put something like attract, although I don't recommend this.
Nice idea, but i already have a bit of a staller/annoyer in politoed, so I think a sweeper is best.

arbiter7x

Brock Obama
its k, you can keep it that way. Take Giga Drain for Ludicolo as he doesn't have rain dish or leftovers

Vandslaux

Giga Drain all the way for Ludicolo. It has 5 less power, but you heal.

Psycho Cut

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. It'd be good becuase ludicolo's surprisingly bulky

Vandslaux

Especially it's SDef.. o.o

Psycho Cut

Yep. 100 Base is not too shabby at all....

So, is there any more critical feedback you guys can give me...?

Metagross-

Trader/Breeder
Maybe replace flail with substitute so you can set up even more.

Psycho Cut

Maybe replace flail with substitute so you can set up even more.
Yeah, I'm going to replace it with Rest and go with a ChestoRest set, following one of vandslaux's suggestions.