• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Battle Subway Team, Please Rate

fireblast_10

Pokemon trainer
Ok I've trying to do the battle subway, single currently, and I've currently got these pokes. Can you please rate and make suggestions for the last poke please?

Gengar-Timid
252 Speed 252 Sp Attack 6Hp
Focus Sash
Shadow Ball, Thunderbolt, Destiny Bond, Sucker Punch

Garchomp-Adamant
252 Attack 252 Speed 6Hp
Choice Scarf
Outrage, Earthquake, Fire Fang, Stone Edge

Currently using Swampert as a 3rd poke, but havnig problems with some pokes, in particular the legendaries. It has Waterfall, Ice Punch, Earthquake, Curse, Adamant Nature with a lum berry. Would use custap but thats not available so can you please suggest a replacement poke?

mychemro

Dragon Trainer
I would run a Regirock, you can try the moveset I use

Regirock@ Leftovers
Brave Nature
- Brick Break
- Curse
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

The defense Is great and its attack boosted from its nature makes it a great wall and hard hitter. Just use Curse like 2 or 3 times and then use rest when you need it
good luck

fireblast_10

Pokemon trainer
ah ok thanks. I'll try take that into account. But are there any other suggestions? I generally run a team that can hit fast and hard so maybe something a little faster or with more power?

Final

I Submit to No One
I would run a Regirock, you can try the moveset I use

Regirock@ Leftovers
Brave Nature
- Brick Break
- Curse
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

The defense Is great and its attack boosted from its nature makes it a great wall and hard hitter. Just use Curse like 2 or 3 times and then use rest when you need it
good luck

Fighting isn't a good mono-Attacking type as Ghost Types are completely immune to it. Regirock also can't stall out Specially-based ones as they can pound away at its weaker Special Defense. Run Rock Slide. It is STABed and there is nothing that is outright immune to it which is important for any mono-Attacking moveset.

fireblast_10

Pokemon trainer
lol ok, I'll beat that in mind when training a regirock, but is there anything else? Specifially something to do deal especially from:
1) Weaville
2) Garchomp
3) Special Sweepers (Legendaries- in general latios, raikou)
4) Legendary Tanks (Regis)

GunkShot

I have found that Suicune makes a great teammate for dragons in the subway. He has great typing to go along with Garchomp (he can switch in on those pesky ice attacks).

Something like this:
Suicune @ leftovers/chesto berry
-scald
-ice beam
-calm mind
-protect/rest

Use protect with leftovers or rest with chesto berry. This set isn't very original but it has worked very well for me so far. Scald works great because it can burn opponents and also thaw Suicune if it gets frozen switching in on an ice attack. If you don't have one a Milotic could do the same thing pretty well but it doesn't have calm mind.

fireblast_10

Pokemon trainer
Ok cool. Can you also suggest what nature and ev spread I should use? I'm guessing calm or bold? With max defence and hp?

GunkShot

Yeah I would run bold with max hp and defense. You could put some in sp att if you want but I don't think you will need it because you will be able to calm mind against most pokemon and an unboosted ice beam will still OHKO most of the dragons without any ev's.

Master_of_grass

War Never Changes
Jellicent@Leftovers
Bold
252 Hp/248 Def/8 SpD
-Scald
-Hex
-Will-O-Wisp
-Recover

This thing is evil and is brillant in the battle Subway, it can switch in Ice and take a hit like a champ, Scald is a great STAB with a chance to burn but if you want to burn straight away just Will-O-Wisp away then Hex the **** out of your target , Recover works nicely with Leftovers and helps with bulk