• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Battle subway team

Scrufox86

Hi i am trying to sort out a battle subway team but i am a little stuck on a third member.

Here is the team so far:

Infernape (Hasty) @ life orb
overheat
close combat
u turn
stone edge
Ev's 252 atk/ 4 sp.atk / 252 speed

Starmie (Timid) @ Expert belt
psyshock
surf
t-bolt
icebeam
Ev's 252 sp.atk/ 252 speed/ 4 HP

For the third member i was considering Ferrothorn but i'm not sure now. Can anyone suggest a third member for the team? And is the team so far alright for the battle subway?

Silvershark

HAWLUCHA!!!
At first glance: Either Thundurus or Tornadus would give what you have so far problems, as would an Alakazam. A Scarf Hydriegon would make a good wrecking ball on your team, as would a Weavile or Alakazam, and a good wall/tank would certainly help; but I think an Aerodactyl lead would mesh well with what you have:

Aerodactyl@ Focus Sash
Nature: Jolly
EV's: 46 Hp, 252 Attack, 212 Speed
Moves:
Crunch
Stone Edge / Rock Slide
Earthquake
Tailwind

Just enough speed to outrun those threats I listed, and a good moveset to devastate, if not outright kill, them. The sash guarantees you get a second move (provided they aren't carrying a priority move) to set up Tailwind, which your other two poke's will appreciate. Rock Slide's weaker than Stone Edge, but it's better accuracy could make it worthwhile since Battle Subway is notorious for hax-misses.

Last edited:

Scrufox86

Thanks for the reply. Oh do you really think Aerodactyl will be useful in the battle subway?

I'm just about to complete my ev training of my staryu and my chimchar is ready to be leveled so i've almost got those two sorted for the battle subway. Just need another pokemon to breed good IV's onto and ev train and i'll soon be battling those pesky trainers for the BP.

Silvershark

HAWLUCHA!!!
I think so. Some tanks and walls may give you some problems, but it'll take out most of the common threats your team faces, at least the one's off the top of my head. With over 600 pokemon and the unorthodox ways the A.I. uses them, there's bound to some instances I haven't thought of. The biggest problem I can see is you'll have some trouble switching pokemon. Infernape and Starmie are powerful sweepers, but rather frail. Aerodactyl's frail too, but faster, able to check threats, and able to give a speed boost to teamates with Tailwind. Luckily, the A.I. doesn't use stategy or prediction for the most part, so you can probably slip in some switches when you need to from time to time, though you should still concentrate on killing their pokemon before they kill you.

Last edited:

Scrufox86

I think i need something bulky. I mean i can lead with Infernape or even Starmie and then have something that won't go out with one hit. Ferrothorn was a consideration but i don't know what moveset to give it. But if only sweepers really work in the battle subway then i'll be happy to just have them.

A question i have is about Lucario. I've seen movesets for Lucario that include Ice punch but i've not found out how you can get a legit one with Ice punch on it. Does anyone know how i could get a Lucario with Ice punch?

GrassTypes.

Dragonite possibly with MultiScale could work. Infernape covers Ice and Rock weakness and Multiscale will help with Dragons. This set could work

Dragonite @ Muscle Band
252 Atk. 252 speed.
Dragon Dance
Outrage(Singles)/Dragon Claw(Doubles)
Rock Slide(Doubles)/Stone Edge (Singles)
Brick Break

Muscle Band Gives a 10% Boost to attack. Multiscale helps you survive to set up your DDance. Outrage if singles or Dragon Claw in doubles so you can target your opponet. Rock Slide if Doubles to hit both targets, Stone Edge if you don't mind the Accuracy loss.
Brick Break cover your Ice and Rock Weakness and can destroy any screens.

Silvershark

HAWLUCHA!!!
A Ferrothorn would work, I was just going with how your team seemed to flow. This set has worked well for me:

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers/Rocky Helmet
Nature: Sassy
Ability: Iron Barbs
EV's 252 Hp, 6 Def., 252 Sp. Def.
Moves:
Curse
Gyroball
Leech Seed
Substitute

The Leftovers helps with survivability and works great with Leech Seed, but Rocky Helmet+Iron Barbs deals a lot of damage with each physical hit Ferrothorn takes and I find it hilarious to see the opponent kill themselves that way. Curse will boost your defense and power up Gyroball, Leech Seed for more recovery, and Subtitute blocks statuses.

Twilightphoenix

Elite Trainer
ferrothorn would probably be your best bet if you want a wall other wise i would go with the aerodactal set suggested above.

Scrufox86

Thanks for the help everyone. I was just wondering if something else could be used instead of tailwind? Would substitute be worth it? or one of the elemental fangs?

I've actually completed EV training Infernape and Staryu (i need a waterstone!) and just need a third one now. I am getting money to buy the vitamins while i am deciding on Aerodactyl or Ferrothorn. I'm starting to like Ferrothorn more since i read the post in this thread with the sassy moveset.

I just need three pokemon for the single line so i can get bp to get the rare items really. I don't know much about the battle subway to be honest and haven't looked into it much. I just know it is similar to battle tower and you earn bp which can be traded for items like in the battle frontier.

Dragonicwari

Artistically angry
The sub will almost always be broken, so it's not really worth it...

Scrufox86

I think i'll go with Ferrothorn. Or could Scizor be of any use with Starmie and Infernape?

Anyone know of a moveset that could work with them?

Dragontamer1011

Hi i am trying to sort out a battle subway team but i am a little stuck on a third member.

Here is the team so far:

Infernape (Hasty) @ life orb
overheat
close combat
u turn/ Thunderpunch
stone edge/ Earthquake
Ev's 252 atk/ 4 sp.atk / 252 speed

Looks good, and is sure to do some pretty heavy damage. I have a few things to say about it, though. First off, he is FRAGILE! With a Hasty nature don't expect him to survive even neutral hits from powerful attacks. Second, while U-Turn is useful for scouting, you need to make sure the pokemon you switch too can resist the incoming attack. Otherwise, it won't matter really matter that you scouted, as your switch in is still damaged (Neutral still = Loss to me). And last, Stone Edge may have 70% accuracy, but thats enough for you to miss way too many times due to the AIs luck hax. Its up to you to be a bit of testing, but I have a few alternatives. By the way, sturdy rock types KO him, watch out for those, or use Mach Punch if it becomes a problem.

Starmie (Timid) @ Expert belt
psyshock
surf/ Hydro Pump
t-bolt
icebeam
Ev's 252 sp.atk/ 252 speed/ 4 HP

Good, covers two of Infernapes weaknesses: fighting and water. Problem is, you still have quite a few to deal with. Another problem with Starmie is he is pretty much as fragile as Infernape, which can make a significant difference. While this is contradictory to what I said earlier, since Starmie isn't your lead, and is using a timid nature, you might want to use Hydro Pump for more power instead of Surf. Again, he is quite fragile, I would suggest maybe switching him out. One fragile Pokemon would be good enough for me.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For your final member, I have a few suggestions. Ferrothorn would work, but he doesn't cover some important types Infernape is weak against. Gliscor leaves every weakness covered except ghost, which isn't a huge deal for your team. Problem is, he adds another water weakness. Personally, what I would do is switch out Starmie for Rotom-W. Rotom covers every weakness your Infernape has, as well as being bulky.

Rotom-W- Timid Nature- @Choice Scarf
Levitate- 4 Hp/ 252 SpA/ 252 Spe
-Hydro Pump/ Surf
-Shadow Ball
-Trick
-Thunderbolt

While his coverage isn't as good as Starmies, isn't that what Infernapes for? Your lead is what you really need coverage on, and your seconds should be there to mop up or take care of threats. Rotom has reliable bulk which means he can take hits and hes also immune to Earthquake, a significant bonus you can't ignore. Trick can be used to wreck a setting up pokemon, and other moves are for coverage. Hydro Pump offers good power, but Rotom might not need it, Surf is much more reliable.

Then, for your final pokemon Ferrothorn would easily fit as well as Scizor, other good Steel types. You have quite a few options here. My personal choice would be Scizor, but thats just me.

Scizor- Jolly- @? (Not sure)
Technician- 4 Hp/ 252 Atk/ 252 Spe
Bullet Punch/ Iron Head
Bug Bite
Super Power/ Roost
Swords Dance

This is the set I generally use and its a freaking beast. Scizors already difficult to take down and has powerful moves. Bullet Punch is awesome for taking out weakened pokemon as well as just a powerful STAB move boosted by Technician, which makes it insanely powerful. Super Power is for coverage, but you can run Roost and Leftovers instead. If you use Roost and Leftovers, take out 64 Attack EVs and add those to HP.

Good luck in the Battle Subway! If you need anymore help feel free to let me know.

Last edited:

Twilightphoenix

Elite Trainer
if you choose ferrowthorn or any steel type that dosent have levitate for that matter your team becomes very weak to ground type moves.

Dragontamer1011

if you choose ferrowthorn or any steel type that dosent have levitate for that matter your team becomes very weak to ground type moves.

Well as long as he ran Ferrothorn with Power Whip and as long as Starmie is faster then the ground types, its not a huge deal.