• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Battle Tower Doubles Team

surfer treecko

Highly Explosive
This is a doubles team for the HG/SS Battle Tower, which revolves around hail. I'm not the best at planning movesets, but I'm welcome to any critisisms.

;460; Abomnasnow@Choice Scarf
Snow Warning
Modest
252 SpA/252 Spe/4 HP
-Blizzard
-Energy Ball
-Focus Blast
-Shadow Ball

;478; Froslass@Choice Specs
Snow Cloak
Timid/Modest
252 SpA/252 Spe/4 HP
-Blizzard
-Shadow Ball
-Trick
-Psychic

;473; Mamoswine@Life Orb
Snow Cloak
Hasty/Naive
252 Spe/200 Att/52 SpA
-Blizzard
-Earthquake
-Ice Shard
-Superpower

;437; Bronzong@Leftovers (Bronzong was made for another team, so the nature & EVs have to stay the same)
Levitate
Sassy
252 HP/84 Att/80 Def/92 SpD
-Stealth Rock (Might be replaced)
-Hypnosis
-Gyro Ball (Will be replaced with Iron Head)
-Payback/Earthquake/Explosion

And that's it. Please rate and give constructive critisism.

This is a doubles team for the HG/SS Battle Tower, which revolves around hail. I'm not the best at planning movesets, but I'm welcome to any critisisms.

;460; Abomnasnow@Choice Scarf
Snow Warning
Modest
252 SpA/252 Spe/4 HP
-Blizzard
-Energy Ball
-Focus Blast
-Shadow Ball

Focus Blast's accuracy is not very good so the Tower's hax will get you at times. Because of the suggestion on Froslass and the fact that you want to get your weather, I suggest removing the Spe EV's and remove the Choice Scarf. Say you go up against a Tyranitar. Because it is slower, it gets up its weather, not yours.

;478; Froslass@Choice Specs
Snow Cloak
Timid/Modest
252 SpA/252 Spe/4 HP
-Blizzard
-Shadow Ball
-Trick
-Psychic

You should probably have the hold item a Choice Scarf because what if you run into an Alakazam? It is faster than you but you can trick your Choice Scarf.

;473; Mamoswine@Life Orb
Snow Cloak
Hasty/Naive
252 Spe/200 Att/52 SpA
-Blizzard
-Earthquake
-Ice Shard
-Superpower

Mamoswine should be physical, even on a hail team since its SpA is rubbish. I suggest Ice Fang over Blizzard.

;437; Bronzong@Leftovers (Bronzong was made for another team, so the nature & EVs have to stay the same)
Levitate
Sassy
252 HP/84 Att/80 Def/92 SpD
-Stealth Rock (Might be replaced)
-Hypnosis
-Gyro Ball (Will be replaced with Iron Head)
-Payback/Earthquake/Explosion

Stealth Rock is not very good in the Tower and Hypnosis' accuracy is crap so that will come to haunt you.

And that's it. Please rate and give constructive critisism.

Comments in bold. I didn't change anything, I just gave some suggestions.

surfer treecko

Highly Explosive
I guess I'll take the Choice Scarf off Abomnasnow, as a Tyranitar that managed to set up sandstorm could probably wreck my team. I might consider a mixed set.

Froslass I'm not so sure about, as I would have thought it would be fast enough as it is. Aside from Alakazam, are there any pokemon that it desperately needs to outspeed?

After looking at Mamoswine's base Special Attack, I agree that Blizzard is a pretty bad choice. However, I don't really like Ice Fang as it isn't that much stronger then Ice Shard. Maybe I could use Rock Slide instead?

I'm not actually sure if I want Bronzong on my team at all, since it was made for something different. Maybe I should go for something else, like Ice Body Walrein?

xMetagrossx

Blaziking
for Bronzong SR is next to useless id say use this set
Bronzong@Light Clay
-Gyro Ball/Iron Head
-Reflect
-Light Screen
-Payback
use Bronzong as a teammate with Abomasnow. Set up the screens to help your frailer Froslass and Mamoswine

Shawn123

hi,...
this site contains very awesome discussion and great sort of informative stuff useful one for many others needs this kind of stuff,..

thanks,...