• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Battle tower help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

zetsu

Akatsuki rules!!!
Hey! I need some help to make a strong multi-battle team for the battle tower.

First off I have: Shuckle @brightpowder
-Double Team
-Toxic
-Rest
-Earthquake

I know it's the classical annoying shuckle but it works! :)
What I need help on is what would be a good partner for him!
And if anyone would be nice enough to explain how to properly EV train that would be greatly appreciated. Feel free to be as bashful as you want, as long as your helpful of course! Thanks!

Last edited:

Cool Rafe

Cold & Anti-social
Shuckle stinks. Why? Because of its extremely low HP.
You want annoyers?

Blissey@Leftovers
Bold/Calm
Natural Cure
Seismic Toss
Thunderbolt/Stealth Rock
Softboiled
Sing

Skarmory@Leftovers
Impish
Keen Eye
Drill Peck
Stealth Rock/Spikes
Roost
Roar/Whirlwind

Dusknoir@Leftovers
Careful/Impish
Pressure
Pain Split
Thunderpunch/Ice Punch
Will-o-wisp/Toxic
Shadow Sneak

efa09ebe585bce0ce27f9fafd1a21a9a.png

I provide breeding service for many Pokemon. Pm me for info.
Wanted - ;152; ;155; ;158; ;244; ;245; ;349; ;385; ;386; ;490;
Wanted egg moves - ;158;-Dragon Dance, ;349;-Hynosis
Please offer me only legit Pokemon.

DoubleJG3288

ポケモンはすごい!!
Ofcourse it'd be better, but not by much. I've never seen a Shuckle last for more than 2 hits.

zetsu

Akatsuki rules!!!
Wait I read the EV section of the game mechanics and got my porygon-z's special attack up +22 on one level!!! NOw what would be a good partener for my shuckle?

Gallade master

ok shuckle rules now if you want a good one use is one with toxic,wrap,protect and rest

Rhiakath

String Howler
I think you should revise your shuckle first cuz shuckle isn't an attacker itself, like you could use something like gallade master or something like

-Sandstorm
-Toxic
-wrap/protect
-rest/protect

Note: you can attatch that rock which name I can't remember that's found underground that extends the number of "sandstorming turns"

With this you could use a Garchomp for a physical sweeper and having the shuckle's sandstorm in play garchomp's evasion rises thanks to his ability making it less probably to be hit! But don't forget his the shuckle itself is a better option without any direct damaging attacks since it's attack suck big time, instead you should increase it's defensive status (Def & Sp. Def) so it can last longer in battle in order to help the partner, garchomp if you take my advise...

Stay sick \m/

turtlover

i really like playng with power swap shuckle

Shuckle-impish@bright powder
-double team
-power swap
-sand storm
-stone edge/earth quake

lol i took my friends team out with this set lol

zetsu

Akatsuki rules!!!
Yay thanks for the advise! I'll definetetley think about garchomp but is there any other pokemon who could work?

AzyxA

Pokinaround since'99
Power Swap Shuckle

Because I read the forum rules, I won't try to dissuade you from using Shuckle.
One day, for the heck of it, I decided to try to breed the best Shuckle I could possibly come up with, given the new TMs and Egg moves he can learn.

Shuckle @ Life Orb
Relaxed
EV: 252 def, 252 spdef, 6 hp
Power Trick
Stone Edge / Return ( w/ 255 friendship )
Earthquake
Encore/Attract/Swagger
The 4th move is something to potentially keep you alive a bit longer if things go awry.

But you need a way to get him into battle, then use Power Trick, have him survive, then be fast enough to actually sweep.
The only decent answer I could find is by using one of my favorite Pokemon:

Smeargle (Jolly) @ Focus Sash
Own Tempo
EVs: 252 speed; 129 def; 129 spdef
Spore
Substitute
Trick Room
Baton Pass

Lead with Smeargle. In a perfect world, it typically plays out like this:

1. Spore ( opponent falls asleep )
2. Substitute
3. Trick Room ( or Spore again if opponent wakes or switches ) ( 1st turn of Trick Room)
4. Baton Pass in Shuckle ( 2nd turn of Trick Room)
5. Power Trick w/ Shuckle ( 3rd turn of Trick Room )
At this point your opponent could either be sleeping ( awesome ), or has just woken up, thus your substitute should save you if you are facing a physical sweeper. If you are facing a special sweeper, then meh, who cares, you have absurd sp def.
6. sweep ( 4th turn of Trick Room )
7. sweep ( 5th turn of Trick Room )
8. sweep

A couple of things to note:
This set up is mainly for the battle tower, as you only have 2 turns of sweeping before the trick room ends. After that you can be in real trouble with the speed of a snail :\
The chain is hard to pull off, a number of things can go wrong, so you really have to be adept at judging how the computer will react to all of this and mix things up accordingly.
It is a fun challenge though.

Last edited:

KingJigglypuff

whers ma nachos?
Suckle@leftovers
impish
EVs:252 hp,96 defence,160 sp defence
Knock Off
Toxic
Encore
Rest

zetsu

Akatsuki rules!!!
Because I read the forum rules, I won't try to dissuade you from using Shuckle.
One day, for the heck of it, I decided to try to breed the best Shuckle I could possibly come up with, given the new TMs and Egg moves he can learn.

Shuckle @ Life Orb
Relaxed
EV: 252 def, 252 spdef, 6 hp
Power Trick
Stone Edge / Return ( w/ 255 friendship )
Earthquake
Encore/Attract/Swagger
The 4th move is something to potentially keep you alive a bit longer if things go awry.

But you need a way to get him into battle, then use Power Trick, have him survive, then be fast enough to actually sweep.
The only decent answer I could find is by using one of my favorite Pokemon:

Smeargle (Jolly) @ Focus Sash
Own Tempo
EVs: 252 speed; 129 def; 129 spdef
Spore
Substitute
Trick Room
Baton Pass

Lead with Smeargle. In a perfect world, it typically plays out like this:

1. Spore ( opponent falls asleep )
2. Substitute
3. Trick Room ( or Spore again if opponent wakes or switches ) ( 1st turn of Trick Room)
4. Baton Pass in Shuckle ( 2nd turn of Trick Room)
5. Power Trick w/ Shuckle ( 3rd turn of Trick Room )
At this point your opponent could either be sleeping ( awesome ), or has just woken up, thus your substitute should save you if you are facing a physical sweeper. If you are facing a special sweeper, then meh, who cares, you have absurd sp def.
6. sweep ( 4th turn of Trick Room )
7. sweep ( 5th turn of Trick Room )
8. sweep

A couple of things to note:
This set up is mainly for the battle tower, as you only have 2 turns of sweeping before the trick room ends. After that you can be in real trouble with the speed of a snail :\
The chain is hard to pull off, a number of things can go wrong, so you really have to be adept at judging how the computer will react to all of this and mix things up accordingly.
It is a fun challenge though.

WOW. That is amazing!!!!!! I never thought about it but that is a really good strategy! Thanks ssssoooo much!!!!! And to all the rest of the people who posted thanks very much as well!!! Now I f I were to enter single battle what could be the last person I use if shuckle faints?

AzyxA

Pokinaround since'99
No problem zetsu.

As for your 3rd Pokemon, I would go with a really fast & powerful special sweeper with a wide array of attacks to cover a lot of different types, to take out the last pokemon in case your Shuckle was taken out.
That way you have a better chance of OHKO'ing it right away.
When using this combo, I generally take Gengar, or Latios, or Azelf.
Someone like that.

For a good sweeper you could add:
Sceptile
leftovers/life orb
modest
dragon pulse
leaf storm/energy ball
focus blast
filler

BojoXZ

sorry i dont mind to be a noob but what Sweeper means??? BTW AzyxA that strategy is really cool but ur right only for the battle tower :/

Status
Not open for further replies.