• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Battle Tower, Missing 1

ElectiCrow

Do The Tevez!
DP Team for battle tower, missing one member if anyone could suggest a good fit, suggestions appreciated. O and i'm not particularly into EV training:

Gliscor@Leftovers
Brave
Swords Dance
Earthquake (STAB)
Stone Edge
Roost

Classic Dancing Tank set. SD then EQ/SE whilst Roosting any damage.

Scizor@Life Orb
Naughty
Bullet Punch (STAB)
Brick Break (playing on Pearl not Platinum so no Superpower)
Swords Dance
X-Scissor (STAB)

BP to pick off anything Gliscor left and X-Scissor and Brick Break for coverage.

Any suggestions REALLY appreciated and any ideas for my third member would mean i'd be highly grateful.

Last edited:

The Mighty Wurmple

If you're just going for a team of sweepers/setup sweepers you may as well use Starmie. It'll get through the early battles easily, and I strongly suggest you do EV train it or you won't get far at all.

Starmie@Life Orb/Expert Belt
Nature: Timid (+Spd, -Atk)
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
- Surf/Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Psychic

The team you have at the moment is very physically orientated, and slow at the same time. I advise you change either one of your current Pokemon for a wall, or mixed sweeper if you hate bulky Pokemon for some reason.

I suggest replacing Scizor with something like Registeel if you're able to migrate, it'll synergise well with the rest of your team and wall at the same time.

Registeel@Leftovers/Chesto Berry
Nature: Careful (+SDef, -SAtk)
Trait: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SDef / 4 Def
- Curse
- Rest
- Iron Head
- Earthquake

If not, tell me, and I'll try to help out as best I can.

ElectiCrow

Do The Tevez!
If you're just going for a team of sweepers/setup sweepers you may as well use Starmie. It'll get through the early battles easily, and I strongly suggest you do EV train it or you won't get far at all.

Starmie@Life Orb/Expert Belt
Nature: Timid (+Spd, -Atk)
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
- Surf/Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Psychic

The team you have at the moment is very physically orientated, and slow at the same time. I advise you change either one of your current Pokemon for a wall, or mixed sweeper if you hate bulky Pokemon for some reason.

I suggest replacing Scizor with something like Registeel if you're able to migrate, it'll synergise well with the rest of your team and wall at the same time.

Registeel@Leftovers/Chesto Berry
Nature: Careful (+SDef, -SAtk)
Trait: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SDef / 4 Def
- Curse
- Rest
- Iron Head
- Earthquake

If not, tell me, and I'll try to help out as best I can.

Thanks for the advice and i'll start training Starmie in a min :D. Regrettably, i can't migrate Registeel so do you have any other ideas for me?

and I strongly suggest you do EV train it or you won't get far at all.

I start to and end up doing it pretty bad, but my Scizor that i EV trained was ok.

The Mighty Wurmple

A Dual Screen Bronzong could help, giving Starmie much needed protection and allowing Gliscor to have an easier time setting up.

Bronzong@Light Clay
Nature: Sassy (+SDef, -Spd) / Relaxed (+Def, -Spd)
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 156 Atk / 100 SDef
- Light Screen
- Reflect
- Gyro Ball
- Hypnosis/Explosion