• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Battle Tower (Platinum)

John Wallrein

I am the walrein
Platinum Battle Tower Team

*please note I will not be breeding for natures, nor will I be EV'ing specifically, so they are not marked :p

Garchomp @ Choice Band
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Crunch
- Sword Dance

Starmie @ Life Orb
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Psychic
- Surf

Metagross @ Leftovers
- Meteor Mash
- Earthquake
- Bullet Punch
- Ice Punch

Aura Sensei™

User Title
Garchomp @Life Orb
Jolly Nature
252 Atk. l 200 Speed l 56 HP
~ Outrage / Dragon Claw
~ Earthquake
~ Fire Fang
~ Swords Dance

This set provides some bulk,but still great sweeping abilities.

Metagross @Leftovers
Adamant Nature
252 Atk. l 172 Speed l 76 Def.
~ Meteor Mash / Iron Head
~ Earthquake
~ Agility
~ Ice Punch / Rock Slide

Good luck getting very far in the BT without EV training ;)

chap196

Garchomp
Item Choice Band/Choice Scraf/Life Orb/Yache Berry
Nature Jolly/Adamant
Ability Sand Veil
Move Set
Dragon Rush/Dragon Claw
Earthquake
Stone Edge
Crunch
You shouldn't use Sword Dance if you put Choice item, if you are playing choice, then you shouldn't put status move.
Dragon Rush has more power, but Dragon Claw has more accuracy, I wouldn't recommend to use Outrage because it will let you use move continiously, also it will confuse yourself
Earthquake is a useful move for Garchomp because it has STAB, also it has high base power with 100 accuracy
Stone Edge has a good coverage with Earthquake, also it has high critical hit ratio
Crunch let Garchomp can kill Ghost type Pokemon
Choice Band or Choice Scraf is your choice, if you don't want to play Choice then you put Life Orb instead, if you want to lower ice type move then you use Yache Berry instead.

Good Luck with your Garchomp

John Wallrein

I am the walrein
Whoops that was an accident. Chomps meant to have Life Orb and starmie has Wise Glasses :p

Hmm I probably worded that wrong. I meant to say that I wouldn't be changing the current EVs or natures for those mons. I probably shoulda still posted em' haha

Chomp - 252 atk / 252 spe / 4 hp lonely

Starmie - 252 spe / 252 spA / 4 Hp rash

Metagross - 252 atk / 252 Hp / 4 def relaxed

Aura Sensei™

User Title
The current EVs are fine,but keep in mind later on you'll need the right natures ;)

Starmie @Wise Glasses
Timid Nature
252 Sp.Atk. l 200 Speed l 56 HP
~ Thunderbolt
~ Recover
~ Surf
~ Ice Beam

Run Recover so you can heal when necessary.

Viviphy

Canadian Bacon
Yea you should edit the original post because I was looking at it like "Choiced SD Garchomp...." But yea, everything looks pretty good to me. Agility is usually better over Bullet Punch on Metagross, however Bullet Punch is still good for Battle Tower stuff.

Starmie looks good, but it's up to you whether you use Psychic over Recover, but Recover is beyond useful. I personally use Psychic on mine in-game.

Also, once you get the power items, EV training is really not so bad, especially if you purchase the vitamins to support it.

Breeding for natures also isn't overly bad if you use a Pokemon with Flame Body, especially if you have good natured Ditto - which are pretty easy to get in Pt. In fact, all of this becomes quite fun, in my opinion, once you get into it.

Last edited:

Ana_Julía

The Girl You Want!
376.png

Metagross@Leftovers
Adamant Nature
EV's: 92 Speed| 166 HP| 252 Atk
~Iron Head
~Earthquake
~Ice Punch
~Agility​
First things, first: Whats the Highest streak you want to get BT? If you want to get up to 48/69, then you need to reconsider everything.
Good Luck, my friend ")