• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Battle Tower Team Building Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.

GarSlizer

Earthshaker
No, the TrickScarfer will just Pass a Sub, nothing else. The other two members will boost on their own. It's also a Timid Espeon, hard to outrun and Pursuit is only in the lower ranks (as is Rapid Spin).

Eon Master

Born from the Flames
^Espeon isn't really that good as a TrickScarfer, way too frail. Also, it's better if the setup sweeper uses Sub.

Also, seeing as you just handed the opponent a Choice Scarf, you'll have a much harder time outrunning it before it faints Espeon.

GarSlizer

Earthshaker
Well, who IS a good TrickScarfer? I'm not so sure about "Sub then set up" because I want perfect coverage on all the sets where possible and with only two offensive moves, that can be hard (though Lucario can do so easily).

GarSlizer

Earthshaker
Well, who IS a good TrickScarfer? I'm not so sure about "Sub then set up" because I want perfect coverage on all the sets where possible and with only two offensive moves, that can be hard (though Lucario can do so easily).

Eon Master

Born from the Flames
^You don't need perfect coverage. Take V4E's Scizor example. It only has Bullet Punch. Coverage matters very little at +6, and SE coverage matters even less.

Some good examples of TrickScarfers would be Dusknoir, Latias, Uxie, Cresselia, Spiritomb, Porygon2, Clefable, Mismagius, and Gardevoir. Latias and Uxie are probably the best ones.

GarSlizer

Earthshaker
Ho, hooo...so what would be good Natures for Latias and Uxie? Oh, and thanks about the coverage advice, I guess I'll keep my Lucario with a Sub-CM and use a Sub-SD Garchomp.

Eon Master

Born from the Flames
That's a good idea.

Latias@Choice Scarf
Bold
Ev's:252Hp/236Def/20Sp.Def
~Levitate~
-Trick
-Thunder Wave
-Flash
-Recover

The Latias I used on my 142 win BT Team. Flash can be replaced by a myriad of options, but I find that Flash works best.

Uxie@Choice Scarf
Bold
Ev's:252Hp/68Def/188Sp.Def
~Levitate~
-Trick
-Thunder Wave
-Stealth Rock
-Memento

Possibly the best TrickScarfer in the game, Latias only outclasses it situationally.

GarSlizer

Earthshaker
Gahh! How can I get those!? I mean, sure Latias will appear in HG/SS, but I can't wait that long! Oh well, I'll check my Uxie's nature and go form there.

GarSlizer

Earthshaker
Gahh! How can I get those!? I mean, sure Latias will appear in HG/SS, but I can't wait that long! Oh well, I'll check my Uxie's nature and go form there. Will the +Def, -SAtk Nature do? (I can't think of it's name off the bat)

AlCario

Banned
Gahh! How can I get those!? I mean, sure Latias will appear in HG/SS, but I can't wait that long! Oh well, I'll check my Uxie's nature and go form there. Will the +Def, -SAtk Nature do? (I can't think of it's name off the bat)

Impish. And it's fine, so long as you don't use attacks, which you shouldn't.

Edit: Beaten.

Last edited:

Vaporeon4evr

Cyndakill
GarSlizer: fix that double posting thing your computer keeps doing. Also, don't clutter this thread with all this "help me build a team" nonsense.

Ksi

Multi-Type Trainer
Haze destroys the increase...not that anything in the Battle Tower uses it.

GarSlizer

Earthshaker
GarSlizer: fix that double posting thing your computer keeps doing. Also, don't clutter this thread with all this "help me build a team" nonsense.

Very sorry,...really!

Status
Not open for further replies.