• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Battle Tower Team Building Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luxrayess

Sound(?) asleep...
That is a very good question. Feel like writing it?
You know, I would, but I just barely started seriously cracking down on it. Someone with more experience in it should write it. Maybe with the help of a co-author.

Anyways, I'm staring to formulate a teams rings of stand-ins (gah, I don't know what you'd call 'em...) for Battle Hall. Should I post my first stand-in club for ratings?

[GS]

Staring at my phone
I feel like you missed the sarcasm there...

This isn't the place to post teams, this is a guide and
doesn't need to be spammed up with teams and such.
If they are single PKMN post them in the singles rate,
otherwise, just create a new thread.

Luxrayess

Sound(?) asleep...
^Ahem... Actually, I certainly was, and still am, going to make a new thread, weather for an in-game rate or a huge guide for Battle Hall...

Gah, someone should just close this thread. If it's a guide, why is it still open? It looks clean of gramatical errors and such...

Vaporeon4evr

Cyndakill
^Ahem... Gah, someone should just close this thread. If it's a guide, why is it still open? It looks clean of gramatical errors and such...

It's here because it's helpful to the less experienced BT players. And let's face it, the majority of IGRMT teams have something to do with the BT. I didn't make this thing on a whim.

ArcanineShrine014029

To the starter of this thread, fantastic ideas. I found something similar on smogon, but I found the same strategy with cressilia for mesprit. Who is...not so hot on defenses as Cressilia is.

If I were to use strategy, no matter how much it's guaranteed to win, should I have max IV's for every stat I bother putting EV's into? Because it'd be such a burden to SR for Cressilia to have a max IV in defense, special defense, HP, AND to have a bold nature. Same for the heatran, for the stats that are most important to it.

[GS]

Staring at my phone
Well, perfect IV's are preferable, but you can
usually get away with 25+ if you're having
trouble. I always recommend perfect IV's tho,
especially on attacking stats.

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
Ah. I've got a calm cressilia here with a 26/31 in HP, 16/31 in Defense, and 30/31 in Special Defense. You think this could get the job done as the lead?

Well I know from personal experience that Cresselia is a pain-in-the-*** to SR for, so I'd stick with this one. The Defense IV isn't stellar, but the HP and good, and the Sp. Def is near perfect. Reflect could be used to patch up the Defense, as its nature boosts Sp. Def, or you could run max HP and Defense.

ArcanineShrine014029

I'll go through with that. Sounds good to me. *checks on IV calculator*
WOW. The funny thing is, coincidentally, these IV's give him 324 in both defensive stats and 439 Hit points on level 100, with 255 HP and 255 Defense EV's. With also no EV's for special defense.

ArcanineShrine014029

I've got a hax problem. I ran up against an Abomasnow with Sheer cold...well, I tricked it without knowing it had this. And when I sent out Drapion to try to substitute, the choice scarf that abomasnow already had let it attack early, and I was OHKO'd once again by Sheer cold. I'm not trying to break any records, just get the 100 streak so I can get the last trainer card star.

Is there any way to prepare for situations such as that? I know subsitute blocks OHKO's...but when the opponent has been tricked into holding a choice scarf, I've got no chance against the hax.

Jacobthepokemonfreak

Fly it all away!
Can anyone get a streak of over 9871?
I got there and got epic Hax

Abomasnow w Sheer cold
Heatran w explosion
Drapion w cross poison that beat a Bastiodon with maxed out Def and Sp. Def EVs and IVs?!?!??!!?!

The Drapion 1HKO'ed my bastiodon!!!???!!!???

Last edited by a moderator:
^ Terry T.?, the 12 year old?

Jacobthepokemonfreak, a streak of 9871 does not exist, the highest streak is 2366, by Jumpman16. A team that you have could never, ever get there. (No offense.)

ArcanineShrine014029

9871? There's no way that can be right!! and wait, wouldn't cross poison do no damage to Bastiodon...?

Meh, I've found an Uxie, that could possibly be better than my old Cressilia, since it has memento. It's level 50 defenses are both 169, with around 179 HP.

ArcanineShrine014029

From my experience; using Latias/Registeel/Salamence got me an 100 streak on my second try. With a Cressilia/Drapion/Garchomp team, it took me FOREVER to get 75 wins.
Probably because of Registeel's great defenses to begin with, but using curse and amnesia is way more consistent than acupressure.

DDD1234

Shiny Collector
Is latios, metagross, and registeel good?

We can't judge unless we know the moves, EV's, IV's, Natures, etc. Also this belongs in the wrong thread, in fact it should not be in your own thread either till you figure out the specifics. Anyways it probably isn't that good since you have two steel types.

HeadOverHeels

Not enjoying AutumnF
This thread is pretty useful! Gave me a few ideas. I haven't considered a slow strategy such as ScarfTrick but it seems to be the best strategy for the Battle Tower.
Also I dunno if I'm the only one but I will probably not look at the database which lists all the Pokémon you will encounter because it kinda feels like cheating I feel like I want to find out what Pokémon I will encounter the hard way.

Status
Not open for further replies.