• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Battle Tower Team Building Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.

ungulateman

Miltank Man!
This thread is pretty useful! Gave me a few ideas. I haven't considered a slow strategy such as ScarfTrick but it seems to be the best strategy for the Battle Tower.
Also I dunno if I'm the only one but I will probably not look at the database which lists all the Pokémon you will encounter because it kinda feels like cheating I feel like I want to find out what Pokémon I will encounter the hard way.

Or you could go play the Battle Factory forever and find the exact same information. :v It just saves time,like RNG Manipulation.

ArcanineShrine014029

You wouldn't necessarily HAVE to know what Pokemon specifically you'd be encountering, right? You'd just need to know all the threats your team would have to worry about, since the Battle Tower most likely has every possible move, ability, and item you'd have to worry about; for example, instead of searching all of the OHKO move users, just find something to prepared for OHKO moves in general.

Byzantine

The trouble is with the BT you CAN'T be prepared for everything, its why they limit the teams to 3, more strategy because you can't have a contingency for every single situation. One one hit ko pokemon isn't too bad. Run into an entire team on the other hand, all of whom have perfect accuracy somehow... That's the BT.

ArcanineShrine014029

There will always be that one Pokemon...that destroys you...there's a name for it, it's called Quick Claw Rhydon. With Horn Drill.
But wait, skarmory's physical defense and a sturdy ability would block that very well, especially with roost.

Byzantine

Never met that rhydon, or if I have its quick claw didn't activate.

Though I have met the crawdaunt, dewgong, walrein, goldeen, and probably a couple others i forgot. I had the dewgong, walrein and another all on the same team earlier -.-

Yes, that skarmony counters one hit ko's, but it leaves you open to other things depending on your other pokemon. It is truly impossible to cover every base with only 3 pokemon, sadly :(.

Vandslaux

In my 88 streak, I met several QC Rhydon. Every time, their Horn Drill missed when the Quick Claw activated while Scizor set up a Sub. Tip: spam Sub until they run out of OHKO move PP.

Eon Master

Born from the Flames
^ Pretty much. Whly isn't that in the OP? It should damn well be one of the first things.

Vandslaux

Also, isn't Latias a better lead than Cresselia? Gets all the moves listed, still has massive special bulk, and can Charm physical attackers. I use:

Latias @Choice Scarf
Timid
252 HP/172 Def/84 Speed
Levitate
Trick
Thunder Wave
Charm
Flash

Trick the Scarf, T-Wave to cancel out the Scarf, spam Charm against physical attackers, and continue to cripple with Flash. The EVs outspeed Adamant Garchomp if I've already Tricked away the Scarf, and Latias needs to come in again after they kill somebody.

That Dewgong is DREADFUL. RestTalk + 2 OHKOes is annoying. I lost at 42 once when I was a noob at the BT with a Garchomp/Suicune/Infernape.

Last edited:

[GS]

Staring at my phone
She's not necessarily better, it just depends on which will benefit your
synergy better. You may have pokemon that don't wanna take any ice
moves, so in that case Cresselia/Uxie/etc may be more fitting.

Don't forget who gave you that set ~.^

Bigheaded

King of the Wooper
nice guide...can you tell me some pokemons to use in emerald battle tower as i am playing 3 gen pokemon games...

you're posting in a 4th gen topic.

for third generation try here:
http://www.serebiiforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=118
It shows a few other peoples teams.

For your exact question of "decent pokemon for 3rd gen battle frontier?" ~ try posting it here: http://www.serebiiforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=136
It would then be upto you to put them into a coherent team. If you want a team, literally use someone elses ^^

nice guide...can you tell me three pokemon that i can use in 3gen battle tower and only those pokemon which can be found in emerald version no trade...plz help...thanks in advance

[GS]

Staring at my phone
Didnt you reead thr respomsw to your prewvious questiom?

Go to the 3rds gen forumns please

Star Champion AJ

The AI's hax saga (Part I)

I remember meeting a unfortunate situation in Emerald's BT where AI hacked a ton.

Battle Streak 19-20
Brendan vs Lass (B****!)
I used Blaziken, Flygon and Metagross
The Lass (B****) used only a single Pokémon
Golem@Chesto Berry
Focus Punch
Double Team
Substitute
Rest

You know what happened!

Viviphy

Canadian Bacon
My streak is 22 :/
Working on beating said streak, but I haven't bothered planning a valid strategy yet.

Vaporeon4evr

Cyndakill
My streak is 22 :/
Working on beating said streak, but I haven't bothered planning a valid strategy yet.

Things do start to pick up after you beat Palmer the first time, but it's certainly not impossible. Hopefully the tips in this guide help you out, good luck!

Also, hello everyone, glad to see the forum is still alive and well!

Viviphy

Canadian Bacon
My new streak is 36 while using Starmie, Metagross and Dragonite.
Quick Claw is what got me :/ Hax just dominated, so I think I might start using subs, honestly.

Status
Not open for further replies.