1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Battle Tower Team-EX I

Discussion in '4th Gen RMT' started by Terry. T., Feb 8, 2010.

1. Terry. T.

Terry. T. One and Only...

Bring it. I have constructed this team to bring out true power, after years of creation (yeah, this was meant to be my first team but then I knew I had to work better so I made other teams as templates for this one) This team will break the barrier. I am about to show all I know, I will demonstrate how hax in the BT can be countered, and at the same time deal heavy damage and stall all in one. I know I said unoriginality was wrong, but this combines unoriginality with true originality. I didn't do this alone too, I did this with MillionThousand and TrapinchBarrier from Secret Tower Revolution, and with Storm Rider from "Official Invite Only Wi-Fi Zone" We all agree this is the limit breaker, Trapinch will use this team, you just have to show the way forward, give us help, we can beat Peterko.

~Team First Look~

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

~Epic Lead~
    [​IMG]
    Latias@Choice Scarf
    Modest
    252 HP, 144 SpD, 114 Def
    Trick
    Thunder Wave
    Dragon Pulse
    Calm Mind
    Right, I have reasons. The only reason I have more SpD is because special attackers are more common in the BT than physical (this changes around 3000 but this team can't get there in a million years. My goal is to beat Peterko anyway so I'm safe from that switch. Also note that special attackers run better moves than physical attackers anyway. Incase I get haxed by ScarfTaunt (Speed won't cut it as they (case reference Infernape/Absol) run 252 Speed EVs) I guess that's all I gotta explain.

Powerhouse
    [​IMG]
    Scizor@Muscle Band
    Impish
    252 Atk, 252 Spd, 6 HP
    Swords Dance
    Bullet Punch
    Brick Break
    Aerial Ace
    Full on good-team in 2 Pokémon. AA is for hax protection, and have you seen how many times Dual-Screening comes in in the late BT? Well, I've not really used a hax-proof team before, this will cut it, though. I added Speed for quicker BB/AA. It may not matter on BP, unless something lol happens. Impish is the only Defense I can use really, but don't sweat-this combo got TrapinchBarrier's team of Scizor, Torterra, and Arcanine to 1500 alone. That's why I elected him. So I could get the true power out of Scizor. I hope this guy helps out well.

Wrap up with more directness!
    [​IMG]
    Feraligatr@Leftovers
    Adamant
    252 ATK, 252 Spd, 6 HP
    Dragon Dance
    Ice Punch
    Aqua Jet
    Earthquake
    Boom. Two physical attackers, almost identical, adding great synenergy. This is the reason I selected Storm Rider, BTW. I tweaked their teams in a way I can't describe. Great synenergy, but an attacking downside. But then again, there's always a way to win with this team.

~Rate away~

Last edited: Feb 8, 2010
  2. Noctourniquet

Noctourniquet ∆∆∆

Terry, you Scizor worries me. With no protection, there is nothing to stop it from getting a good setup then having Infernape or something like that come in, lol at it, and OHKO. You need Sub, IMO. Same with 'Gatr. And Latias shouldn't really be attacking at all. She has one dedicated job, and she must do it well.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2010
  3. Terry. T.

Ah, there's no problem. TB just broke 70 and she's going strong. (Yeah, I forgot she's a cute 12-year old girl)
    I don't need Sub. I have hax protection and I think this team will run smoothly up to 1000, I used a BT calculator (with real people) and this team will get to 1500.

4. Noctourniquet

Noctourniquet ∆∆∆

Then why bother posting an RMT if it's already bound for 1500?

5. Ampy

Ampy Light The Stars

BT Calculator? Sounds like you're just trying to impress us, atleast that's what it looks like to me :/

6. Final

Final I Submit to No One

Suggestions bolded. This team has some potential once the suggested changes are made. I'm not too sure how far you'll get but it could work. Magnezone will be problematic if Scizor is gone and if Feraligatr isn't set up enough. I highly doubt you'll reach 1500 wins with the current team set-up either as the hax will destroy you without hax protection.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2010
  7. ungulateman

ungulateman Miltank Man!

Well, it's unoriginal, you're pulling random facts out of your *** (more special attackers after 3000? The hell?) and the other raters have suggested everything.

Have a nice day.

8. DrDimentio

DrDimentio Palindrome-cursed...

You obviously haven't been checking Smogon's Tower happenings lately, as Peterko is only in second place; Jumpman16 surpassed 2363 and hasn't lost yet - he could go to 5000 or something.

Also, this isn't an insult, rather a fact: The team loses to hax. You can't 'counter hax' completely, least of all with this team...

Anyway, have fun with 10-turn freezes, with complimentary freezes, triple CHs (I'd know about that), Brightpowder/Lax Incense misses (consecutively), etc. These will inevitable all occur in one unlucky battle.

So yeah, I'm only stating the facts. Don't blame me if the facts aren't nice.

9. [GS]

[GS] Staring at my phone

As noted by many above, Substitute, Substitute, Substitute.
    Latias should not have CM and Dragon Pulse. Use Flash and
    Charm/Safeguard, since she has no business attacking. Her
    purpose is to support the team by allowing an easy set-up.

Aqua Jet is pointless, since Gatr will be at +6 Spe and will
    outspeed everything anyway. Yes, priority users will be
    more of a problem, but you should be investing some
    EV in HP anyways.

You lack a special attacker, since Latias should not be
    attacking anything
    . I can't think of one ATM, but I'll
    do some thinking and get back to you.

10. Terry. T.

I don't know. Didn't Peterko?
    BTW-It's at 150 and now with Scizor Substitute. If this team is being used by a girl who broke 4000 you'll think I'm safe. I know it'll peak 1500.

Scizor@Muscle Band
    Same EVs and Nature
    Substitute
    Swords Dance
    Aerial Ace
    Bullet Punch
    This set is better because it does run Sub but it still doesn't work good. Also Latias has an attack for logical reasons. If you've seen the high 2000's you'll know what I'm talking about. If you don't believe me, that's your loss because you're messing with someone who creates excellent teams in groups here.

BTW-Feraligatr might be leaving the team for a Starmie. Thoughts?

11. Noctourniquet

Noctourniquet ∆∆∆

To be honest, I doubt Peterko knew how far his team would get.

Heatran will absolute destroy this set. It needs Brick Break > Aerial Ace, IMO.

Starmie isn't bulky enough to make a TrickScarf team, IMO. Just stick Sub on 'Gatr and you're fine.

12. Terry. T.

Also I can use a Milotic if I need. Gyarados is a better option, but I love Milotic.

13. Vaporeon4evr

Vaporeon4evr Cyndakill

Terry, why do you feel the need to lie to us about the Battle Tower all the damn time? There have only been two people ever to surpass 1000, and yet you claim to know several people who have gotten as high as 4000. Where are you getting this knowledge from? And what the hell is this Battle Tower Calculator that tells you how far your team will get?

Oh, by the way, the folks over at Smogon found this thread, and are having a good laugh about it. Look on page 79 of the thread.

14. Terry. T.

-Why do I hate Smogon so much?
    -Wow, if no-one gets the word "secret" that's that.

15. Noctourniquet

Noctourniquet ∆∆∆

^ And why exactly would someone want to keep a 4000-win streak secret, exactly? You really haven't thought this through, have you?

16. Terry. T.

No, no-one believed them. It's obvious in a way.
    Message to everyone on Smogon:
    Flamers never get anywhere. I'm signing in.

17. Vaporeon4evr

Vaporeon4evr Cyndakill

I'm so confused by everything you do.

I'll say to you what I've been saying to you this whole time:

PROVE IT

Then we'll start to take you seriously.

18. Noctourniquet

Noctourniquet ∆∆∆

^ Good luck getting any proof out of Terry. He'll avoid the subject at all costs.

19. Vaporeon4evr

Vaporeon4evr Cyndakill

Well, too bad for him. We won't take him seriously until he can back these outrageous claims, which means he has no room to complain until he does.

20. Noctourniquet

Noctourniquet ∆∆∆

^ He knows, which is why he's taken this team to Smogon. Because he obviously won't get flamed there, and everyone will believe him and worship him like a God.