1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Battle Tower Team...maybe

Discussion in '4th Gen RMT' started by Eon Master, Aug 7, 2009.

1. Eon Master

Eon Master Born from the Flames

Ok, not really my favorite thing, but here goes.

Scizor@Muscle Band ;212;
    Ev's: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Sp Def
    Adamant
    Technitan(duh)
    -Bullet Punch
    -Aerial Ace
    -Roost
    -Swords Dance

Pretty standard Scizor set. Muscle Band b/c of the Battle Tower item clause.

Latios@Wise Glasses ;381;
    Ev's:4 HP / 252 Sp Atk / 252 Spe
    Timid
    -Calm Mind
    -Surf
    -Dragon Pulse
    -HP Fire

As per suggestions, I can now hit everything with this set while increasing his power.
    Empoleon@Life Orb ;395;
    Ev's: 24Hp/252 SpA/232 Spe
    Modest
    -Surf
    -Grass Knot
    -Ice Beam
    -Agility

Empoleon to round out the set. Life orb for necessary power and activation of torrent.Plz rate and give suggestions.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2009
  2. Arsel

Arsel Well-Known Member

It's a good team, I think.
    I think Recover is the best move for Latios, to heal of damage. You have very good coverage already and you'll hit Ghost and Psychic Pokémons for neutral damage. Calm Mind is an other option, with Timid as the nature. If you have access to Soul Dew, then go with that over Wise Glasses.

What you don't have is a way to deal with the Double Team-users, and that can become a great problem for you. Aerial Ace on Scizor might be the solution.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2009
  3. Vaporeon4evr

Vaporeon4evr Cyndakill

Not bad. Comments in BOLD. I took the liberty of giving you EV spreads, since I think you're experienced enough with movesets that you could use that "next step".

4. Eon Master

Arsel:
    Scizor's Bullet Punch can KO any Double Team user before they get full effect.
    On Latios, I was really worried about being completely walled by Shedinja. I think I'll add HP fire to deal with him, he's annoying. Oh, and Soul Dew can't be used in the Battle Tower.

Vaporeon4evr:
    Hey you're back!
    Only one comment, I want to not be completely walled by Shedinja, that's what HP Fire is for on Latios. He's a problem for this team. I think I'll use the set with Surf so that can work.
    Thanks for the EV spreads, I acctually work with both EV's and IV's, I just don't post them. I'll gladly accept your praise though, seeing as you and Tyrant were the ones who set me on the right path to begin with.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2009
  5. Arsel

Arsel Well-Known Member

Okay then.
    My mistake, sorry.

6. Eon Master

No worries, just thought you should know. Your advice is plenty good.

7. Vaporeon4evr

Vaporeon4evr Cyndakill

I actually ran Aerial Ace over Brick Break on my Scizor, since typically, Double Teamers will use the attack four to six times in a row, allowing Scizor a free setup. It also helps with that Shedinja problem. Only problem is that Scizor then gets walled by a lot of steels, which is why HP Fire is a good call for Latios.

8. Eon Master

You ran Aerial Ace over Brick Break on yours? Odd, iirc the last time you posted a team with Scizor it only had Bullet Punch as an offensive move. Or would that be your more mainstream Scizor that has Aerial Ace?

9. Vaporeon4evr

Vaporeon4evr Cyndakill

On the team previous to Magnum Opus, where I had Azelf instead of Uxie, my Scizor ran Bullet Punch/Aerial Ace/Roost/Swords Dance. Gave me a cushion for Shedinja and Double Teamers, as well as something that could hit bulky waters for neutral damage. So yes, my more mainstream Scizor.

The newer one has Substitute in place of Aerial Ace, for various reasons. It also has a slightly modified EV spread. It works well in the context of the team.

10. Tadashi

Tadashi kiss my greens

This looks like a good team on paper, but really, you're asking to get walled by something like Dusclops or Shedinja (if Latios is down), especially because there are many Double Team spammers in the Battle Tower.

Aerial Ace and Aura Sphere are excellent moves to have in the tower. Perhaps you could put AA on Scizor?

11. Vaporeon4evr

Vaporeon4evr Cyndakill

^Tadashi, this is totally off topic, but do you by chance live in the Houston area?

12. Eon Master

Hrm, this is a problem. I see what Tadashi is saying, and he's right, but I also don't want to give up the coverage from Brick Break. Suggestions? Or should I just kill Brick Break?

13. Vaporeon4evr

Vaporeon4evr Cyndakill

I would do it. Technician boosted AA has as much base power as Bullet Punch, and more the Brick Break. The only types that resist you are Steel and Electric. So naturally, Magnezone and bulky steels will wall you, but it's worth the hax-cushion. Latios can clean up those messes easily.

14. Eon Master

Ok, thanks. This will help me a lot. Although being walled by electric types is kinda worrying b/c of Empoleon, I think I'll manage.

15. Vaporeon4evr

Vaporeon4evr Cyndakill

The thing is, most Electric types aren't bulky enough to handle a +6 or even a +4 Bullet Punch more than once, even if they resist it. And the right Scizor (one with heavy HP EV investment) will often survive any attack an Electric Pokemon throws at you (barring anything Fire). Only Magnezone really gives you trouble.

But even then, I think a +6 Bullet Punch 3HKO's it. My team suffers the same Magnezone weakness, since I have Scizor and Suicune. But my Scizor usually wins, especially when it's hiding behind a Sub. You, on the other hand, have the luxury of Latios, who can make quick work of a Magnezone.

16. Eon Master

Yeah, I don't really like what you did with the last team, our battle styles are really different. But hey, if it works, who am I to criticize? I'm glad I included Latios in this team, it really gives me tons of support. I wonder how far I'll go...

17. Omastar ftw!

Omastar ftw! Well-Known Member

WOW! this is the first REALLY STRONG TEAM I HAVE SEEN!!!! it looks really solid!

18. Eon Master

^Seriously? I didn't think it was that good... I just randomly made it up in about ten minutes...

19. Vaporeon4evr

Vaporeon4evr Cyndakill

It works. 70 and climbing, bish! :p

;480; ;212; ;245; FTW

*cough*

Anyway, this team has good potential. Let me know how it does.

20. Eon Master

I wasn't trying to criticize you, I just said your team wouldn't work for me. I'll gladly let you know how it does.