• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

BATTLE TOWER TEAM...please rate!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sachira450

This is my new BT team. Please rate it and tell me any problems you see.
(credit for pictures goes to arkeis)

metagross.png

Metagross@ Choice Band/ Wide lens/ Zoom lens
Ability: Clear Body
Nature: Adamant/+Atk, -SAtk
Evs: 252 hp, 244 atk, 12 def
-Meteor Mash
-Earthquake
-Explosion
-Thunder Punch/ Bullet punch/ Pursuit
Description: This is the basic Metagross which has huge attacking potential. I’m not a huge fan of choice items but Explosion+Choice band= DOOM! Zoom lens and Wide lens give Meteor Mash more accuracy. Thunder punch can take care of Water types, Bullet Punch gets priority, and Pursuit gets rid of ghosts.

kingdra.png

Kingdra@ Leftovers
Ability: Swift Swim/ Sniper
Nature: 4 hp, 252 Satk, 252 Spd,
Evs: Modest
- Dragon Pulse
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Protect/ Flash Cannon
Description: Dragon Pulse and Surf get STAB. Ice Beam gets rid of other dragons. Protect is to stall and Flash Cannon… no idea! I know that there is a Dragon Dance/Outrage kingdra, but I already have metagross as a physical sweeper, so I didn’t really want two. If you really want me to use the DD/ Outrage set tell me. Any alternatives are appreciated.

These two guys work together flawlessly, and cover each others weakness, which is giving some trouble with picking my last pokemon, because I don’t want to ruin their synergy (did I spell that right?). So I came up with two pokemon: Snorlax and Glaceon. Snorlax has a fighting weakness which I might have trouble covering, and Glaceon has a fire weakness that I might also have trouble covering. Right now I’m leaning towards Glaceon because he should be able to get rid of the Tower Tycoon’s Dragonite.

snorlax.png

Snorlax@ leftovers
Ability: Thick Fat
Nature: Careful/ Sassy
Evs: 252 Hp, 64 Def, 200 Sdef
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Return/ Body Slam
- Earthquake
Description: Rest is for healing (surprising, I know!) and sleep talk lets me attack while I’m asleep. Return has better power than Body Slam at max Friendship, but Body Slam can cause Paralysis. Earthquake is to deal with Steel types.

glaceon.png

Glaceon
Ability: Snow Cloak
Nature: Modest/ Calm/ Timid
Evs: 252 Hp, 128 Satk, 128 Spd
- Ice Beam
- Wish
- Shadow Ball
- Protect
Description: Uses Wish to heal later on. Ice Beam gets STAB. Shadow Ball can lower SDef. Protect is there so that I don’t die waiting for Wish.

I need LOTS of help with the evs so any help with them would be great.
Any suggestions are helpful and appreciated.

Last edited:

azeem40

Pokemon is fun!

metagross.png

Metagross @ Choice Band
-Meteor Mash
-Earthquake
-Explosion
-Thunder Punch / Bullet Punch

Meteor Mash will hurt the ghosts more than Pursuit, so I'd go with ThunderPunch to cover Bulky Waters for SE, or you can keep Bullet Punch for priority.

Description: This is the basic Metagross which has huge attacking potential. I’m not a huge fan of choice items but Explosion+Choice band= DOOM! Zoom lens and Wide lens give Meteor Mash more accuracy. Thunder punch can take care of Water types, Bullet Punch gets priority, and Pursuit gets rid of ghosts.

kingdra.png

Kingdra@ Scope Lens
Ability: Sniper
Nature: 24 Atk, 252 Satk, 232 Spd,
- Dragon Pulse
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Waterfall

Description: Dragon Pulse and Surf get STAB. Ice Beam gets rid of other dragons. Protect is to stall and Flash Cannon… no idea! I know that there is a Dragon Dance/Outrage kingdra, but I already have metagross as a physical sweeper, so I didn’t really want two. If you really want me to use the DD/ Outrage set tell me. Any alternatives are appreciated.

Without Rain Dance, there's no point in having Swift Swim as an option. Make her a Mixed Sweeper. Waterfall for STAB, and Scope Lens to abuse Sniper. That being the case, transfer 4 HP EVs and 20 Speed EVs to Atk.

These two guys work together flawlessly, and cover each others weakness, which is giving some trouble with picking my last pokemon, because I don’t want to ruin their synergy (did I spell that right?). So I came up with two pokemon: Snorlax and Glaceon. Snorlax has a fighting weakness which I might have trouble covering, and Glaceon has a fire weakness that I might also have trouble covering. Right now I’m leaning towards Glaceon because he should be able to get rid of the Tower Tycoon’s Dragonite.

snorlax.png

Snorlax@ leftovers
Nature: Careful/ Sassy
Evs: 252 Hp, 64 Def, 200 Sdef
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Return / Body Slam
- Earthquake
Description: Rest is for healing (surprising, I know!) and sleep talk lets me attack while I’m asleep. Return has better power than Body Slam at max Friendship, but Body Slam can cause Paralysis. Earthquake is to deal with Steel types.

No idea on which you should choose because Sleep Talk won't always pick Body Slam, so you can use Return for the extra power if it gets chosen (you won't have many chances to choose Body Slam due to Sleep Talk); but the side effect can still come in handy.

glaceon.png

Glaceon
- Ice Beam
- Wish
- Shadow Ball
- Protect
Good.

Description: Uses Wish to heal later on. Ice Beam gets STAB. Shadow Ball can lower SDef. Protect is there so that I don’t die waiting for Wish.

Suggestions, comments, and changes in bold. Use Snorlax for the first 14 battles , then switch it out for Glaceon during the last 7 and for Tower Tycoon Palmer. After that fight with Tycoon, switch Snorlax back in.

sachira450

thanks a lot.
Some questions is still have:
Which natures should i go with?
Snorlax or Glaceon?
are my ev spreads good?

azeem40

Pokemon is fun!
Everyone's okay in EVs but Kingdra.
Kingdra should have a Lonely Nature.
Use both as I've said in my previous post.

metagross.png

Metagross@ Choice Band/ Wide lens/ Zoom lens
-Meteor Mash
-Earthquake
-Explosion
-Bullet punch

kingdra.png

Kingdra@ Leftovers
Ability: Swift Swim/ Sniper
Nature: 4 hp, 252 Satk, 252 Spd,
- Dragon Pulse
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Substitute (for status)

snorlax.png

Snorlax@ leftovers
Nature: Relaxed
Evs: 252 Hp,252spdef
- Rest
- Curse
- Return
- Earthquake
I find curse lax better than restalk.Rest can still be used for recovery.

glaceon.png

Glaceon
- Ice Beam
- Wish
- Shadow Ball
- Protect

Changes in bold.

Poke-friend

Wayward Traveler
This team needs little to no improvement. Not entirely QuakEdge weak, IcEdge "immune", and IceQuake resistant. Good job. Snorlax is totally walled by Gengar. Meh.

Metagross @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
252 atk/244 atk/12 def
-Bullet Punch
-Earthquake
-Pursuit
-Explosion

Everybody loves smogon, right? I think Bullet Punch will eventually replace Meteor Mash. I guess it's pretty decent, at 80 base power. If Metagross is your last pokemon and you use Explosion, though, you know...

Would you be willing to try this?:

Snorlax @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
252 HP/168 atk/90 def
-Substitute
-Focus Punch
-Crunch/Pursuit
-Earthquake

Just popped up in my head.

All right, kudos to you.

Last edited:

randomspot555

Pursuit is pretty much useless in the Battle Tower because the AI rarely switches. For the random guys that get it (IE Non-Dark types), they can do something else, and for dark types, they probably have access to Night Slash.

Poke-friend

Wayward Traveler
Pursuit is pretty much useless in the Battle Tower because the AI rarely switches. For the random guys that get it (IE Non-Dark types), they can do something else, and for dark types, they probably have access to Night Slash.

Oh, well. I guess Crunch will have to do. But you must admit, I was pretty close! :D

madmax

that is a good party and how did you get that the kingdra

Status
Not open for further replies.