• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Battle Tower team

brandyjay

GET IN THE BAG
Ok here is my team that I am planning at the moment.

Scizor @ Custap Berry
Adaptability
252 Def - 252 Sp. Def - Speed 4
Baton Pass
Roost
Swords Dance
Bullet Punch

Tyranitar @ Choice Scarf
Sand Stream
252 Att - 252 Speed - 4 HP
Earthquake
Stone Edge
Crunch
Surf

Nidoking @ Life Orb
Poison Point
Earthquake
Megahorn
Thunderbolt
Sucker Punch

Scizor only has one weakness, fire, which is taken down by the other two. It gets the speed from custap to BP at the last moment. When T-Tar has the attack boost and high speed it can OHKO most things thrown at it. Nidoking is there as a deterent to Fighting, Grass, and Water. None of them are hurt by the sandstorm from Tyranitar. The idea is that if scizor is in no real threat it can power up and still hit hard because of the bullet punch adaptibility combo. Then as it is getting Koed it BP out to either of the heavy hitters depending on what is out at the time. Preferably Tyranitar so it can bring in the sandstorm. Then if it goes down to the wire scizor can come in and quickly Bullet punch for the final KO.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions and ratings.

Last edited:
Poison doesn't hit a lot of things, really. It's only super-effective against Grass Pokemon, and resisted by Ghost, Ground, Rock, and Steel is immune. If you want neutral hits, it's not bad... but really, EQ is the only STAB move Nidoking needs.

Instead of Poison Jab, consider Rock Slide/Stone Edge. Sucker Punch can go over Thunder Punch too, if you want.

A Baton Passing Scizor isn't a bad idea, but you should be passing EITHER Agility OR Swords Dance. Roost is a must here, as this is a utility Pokemon, and you want her to survive to pass a boost.

If you pick Agility, then drop the Choice Scarf on Tyranitar and give her a Choice Band. Nidoking could be made into a mixed attacker too, since you lack Sp.Attacks here.

Ampy

Light The Stars
Ok here is my team that I am planning at the moment.

Scizor @ Custap Berry
Technician -
252 Def - 252 Atk - Speed 4
U-turn
Roost
Swords Dance
Bullet Punch

Scizor isn't that great of a batton passer :/... try something like Leafeon for a Bulky Batton Passer with good Attack and Defense. Or Glaceon for good defenses and Sp. Atk... Ambipom is another good choice. And I suggest getting a new Scizor because this one is obviously hacked

Here's a Leafeon set I use

Leafeon @ Leftovers
EVs: 130 HP/160 Atk/216 Speed
Swords Dance
Leaf Blade
Batton Pass
Quick Attack/X-scissor

Or you can go with Smogon's

Tyranitar @ Choice Scarf
Sand Stream
Earthquake
Stone Edge
Crunch
Surf

This one was fine

Nidoking @ Life Orb
Poison Point
Earthquake
Megahorn
Stone Edge
Sucker Punch

Stone Edge for coverage... This is a physical Nidoking so no need for Thunderbolt

Scizor only has one weakness, fire, which is taken down by the other two. It gets the speed from custap to BP at the last moment. When T-Tar has the attack boost and high speed it can OHKO most things thrown at it. Nidoking is there as a deterent to Fighting, Grass, and Water. None of them are hurt by the sandstorm from Tyranitar. The idea is that if scizor is in no real threat it can power up and still hit hard because of the bullet punch adaptibility combo. Then as it is getting Koed it BP out to either of the heavy hitters depending on what is out at the time. Preferably Tyranitar so it can bring in the sandstorm. Then if it goes down to the wire scizor can come in and quickly Bullet punch for the final KO.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions and ratings.

Suggestions in bold... and I just realized you need a Special Attacker... best Special Attacker Batton Passer I know is Glaceon... Try this one...

Glaceon @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP/ 6 Sp. atk/252 Sp. Def
Curse
Ice Beam
Batton Pass
Wish

You can probably put some Speed EVs in there though, if you use it

Last edited: